FDM Group Graduate Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FDM Group Graduate Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at FDM Group

2.1

Graduate Developer Interview

Interview

I went to a job fair in NYC, and the day after it, I received a call from FDM Group. The employer asked me if am interested in its training program. I said yes and had a short phone interview a few hours later

Interview Questions

• regular questions, why choose FDM, why you are suitable for this positon...   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for FDM Group

Graduate Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FDM Group in October 2015.

Interview

i applied through the FDM website and it took just 2 days before they called me and had introduction talk, about me and what i am looking for and then they told me that i need to take video interview which was just they gonna ask some questiona and i need to answer looking on the screen, but nobody is there on other side, so you will basically see your own face and its like talking yourself.

Interview Questions

• they normally asked about your project work like what you did as a team work and like what you have that makes you as ideal candidate for this role and how you gonna build the relation with other members at first week and what you think you will learn for this role ...   Answer Question

Graduate Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

1. Video interview - around 5 questions that you need to answer. 2. Assessment centre - Set Notation and Venn Diagram Test (1hour), Aptitude Test (1hour), Maths Test (30mins), finally, 3 interviews with three separate interviewers.

Interview Questions

• what were your favourite subjects at school? what would you say is a successful day?   Answer Question

Graduate Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at FDM Group (Leeds, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

9-4 full day assessment. Maths test, Venn diagrams/set notation test and general IT/logic test. Very easy pass mark. Got an offer but they wouldn't budge on when I could start (3 days outside the 6 month bracket). Very keen to hire me initially but not very easy going.

Interview Questions

• Apple or Android?
      Company in IT that you are excited about?
      What IT innovations are interested in?   Answer Question

Graduate Developer Interview

Interview

I came across their graduate schemes through target jobs, then checked their website.
    The online application process was quite short- It involved uploading your CV onto their system, and choosing a stream of your interest.
     I received a call two days later from one of their recruiment consultants who scheduled me for a phone interview.
    Phone interview was short- Usual questions about interest in the company,IT, and personal career goals. Feedback was next day to inform me of success. I beleive success at this stage was based on adequate preparation (and have a handful of good questions to ask). Invitation to the assessment centre followed. You get a breakdown of the events for that day but nothing else is revealed. At the assessment, there was 1 group exercise, 1 technical test ,1 independent note taking exercise, and a panel interview.
    The group exercise was fairly generic- Who inspires you most and why? present this briefly to the group.Then assume you were that person and you were all in a sinking boat, who would you chuck out and why? a discussion should ensue.
    Technical test; 50 multiple choice questions to be completed in 1 hr-This tests your technical knowledge in all areas from programming to web development. A minimum score is required.
    Note taking exercise- A business meeting was shown on video and the task was to write a business style brief/report of the meeting.
    Panel interview- interviewers were 2 members of the sales team. They ask competency based questions.
    Overall the day lasted much quicker than expected. The general atmosphere was professional.

Interview Questions

• You could be probed about your career goals, so prepare well enough.
      Some of the behavioural questions were tricky, but they 're not to catch you out- but to ascertain if you'll fit well to the company.
      When I mentioned I was interested in managing people in the future, I was asked about how I would respond to managing the IT infrastructures instead. You can still relate this to your interest in people, since others will be in charge of these infrastructures.   Answer Question

I declined because I did not have a technical background(studied for the test), and I wasn't prepared for the intensive 4 month training. I was experimenting with different sectors.

Graduate Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDM Group.

Interview

Very simple CV upload to website. Followed by a phone interview which was laughably easy. Included questions such as "Can you work in the UK?" and not very much else. Attended an assessment centre which was also very easy, had a very quick interview and had do a series of bizarre tests which were not very taxing. Most of the day was spent learning about the company, having to watch a half hour video about the company and reading through the contract.

Graduate Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at FDM Group (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in May 2015.

Interview

My CV was up on Gradcracker and I was contacted by FDM and invited to apply for the scheme. After applying I did a short phone interview and I am now waiting to go for the assessment day. I am applying for the paid training program.

Graduate Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FDM Group.

Interview

Online application was straightforward. Received a phone call on the same day asking me when I would be available for a telephone interview. Telephone interview was straightforward and lasted about 15 minutes. Asked about CV and educational background, interest in FDM and what I knew about the company. Interview was successful and was soon emailed about attending an assessment day in their Dublin Office. I didn't attend assessment day as I would have been unable to support myself during the training.

Interview Questions

• Nothing particularly difficult. Short period researching the website should equip you for any possible questions.   Answer Question

Unable to support myself during training programme.

Graduate Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group.

Interview

Contacted within hours of sending in my initial application to arrange a phone interview.
    Phone interview was nice and straightforward ie. where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
    Contacted within a day to say I had passed the phone interview and was invited to an assessment day.
    Assessment day involved a maths test, aptitude test, a set notation test and three five-minute interviews.
    Told the next day I had passed and was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Would you compromise your work to deliver it on schedule?   Answer Question

Graduate Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group (London, England (UK)) in July 2013.

Interview

First step: Telephone interview

What do you know about FDM?
    Why FDM?
    Why IT?
    What do you see yourself in 5 years time?

Second round: In person interview:

Math quiz full of venn diagrams with basic arithmatic like +/-/x/divison.

IT jargon quiz (multiple choice): what is HTTP? what is SQL? what is UML?

Programming test (if you applied for programming instead of application support): This is a bit hard to describe but I can only tell you THE HARDEST QUESTIONS ARE "FOR" LOOPS and NESTED IF/THEN/ELSE statements. Suffice to say this is a cakewalk if you read through the first 100 pages of a programming textbook.

Third round: Interview with managers

Take it as a chat with the stranger at the pub. Keep in mind the managers really want fresh blood on board. I think you have to deliberately sabotage the interview/insult the managers to not to get an offer.

The offer:

Wonder why the interviews are so easy? Here's why.

1) £18000 per annum salary IN CENTRAL LONDON
    2) 3 months of Unpaid training.
    3) No gurantee of getting paid after training. (you are freelance consultant with FDM as the exclusive agent)
    4) If you resign within 2 years of signing the contract, you are to pay FDM £20000. (I have no idea if this actually hold up in court or not.)

To play the devil's adovcate: If you went to a no name university and/or got a 3rd honours/<2.0 GPA, this is for you. They don't ask questions as long as you have a degree. They just need make their message clearer:

"We need bodies for cheap labo(u)r and we don't ask questions. If it's either between FDM and stacking shelves at Walmart/Tesco, I think FDM is slightly better."

1) £18000 per annum salary IN CENTRAL LONDON.
    2) 3 months of Unpaid training.
    3) No gurantee of getting paid after training. (you are actually a freelance consultant with FDM as the exclusive agent)