GE Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 19, 2017

2.9

68 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

Interview had multiple rounds and the technical round was highly technical.
Interviewers were knowledgeable and had great reviews about the company.
This was followed by an HR interview which was quite simple.
GE focuses a lot on culture and individual persona, so make sure you believe in their core values.

Interview Questions

• why do you want this job?
    A situation where you influenced decision
    A situation where you were unable to deliver what was asked and how you handled it   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for GE

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Daytona Beach, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Online assessment followed by recorded interview. Online assessment consisted of behavioral questions, recorded interview consisted of questions related to past work/project experience. Currently awaiting response to move to the next stage which is a 1-on-1 interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to change an existing process to meet a stakeholder's needs, what did you learn from this?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

Processing took 2 months and I took another company offer. They asked two technical question which is not too bad. They were really nice and would accept their offer if i did not get another offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GE (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through school career website and they got back to me saying I got a on campus interview very soon, like within two days. The interview was two parts, one behavior questions and one technical questions. I didn't get in the second round because my technical background and programming skills were not strong enough, and they pointed that out directly during the interview. Behavior questions were easy, but they had a high standard for technical skills.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Binghamton, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at GE (Binghamton, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Behavioral Interview. Asked me about my resume, how I have handled certain experiences, about my strengths and weaknesses, etc. Interviewers were polite and allowed me to think before answering questions. Interview lasted about 50 minutes. Received the interview after attending a school career fair.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

First interview was behavioral and on-campus, pretty basic. The on-site interview consisted of a coding challenge, 2 technical interviews, and a group exercise. The technical interviews were basically them asking simple design questions and about my projects in dept.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through TechHire, a recruiting agency. Received and passed code test. Then GE HR set up phone interviews with hiring managers. The phone interviews went well then the GE HR disappeared after email check-ins. Wow.

Interview Questions

• The usual front end questions you can google and prepare for and some backend Node/Postgres/MongoDB terminologies and how to use.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE in October 2016.

Interview

I had an 30 minute interview talking about what my projects work, what I know about some skills I listed on my resume, pretty standard stuff. The interviewer seemed disinterested though.

Interview Questions

• Find the middle of a linked list.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayaguez, PR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GE (Mayaguez, PR) in September 2016.

Interview

The people interviewing me were very nice. It was behavioral and two people interviewed me. They talk about your resume and questions about how you solve a difference in opinion between your co-workers.

Interview Questions

• Has anyone ever criticized your work and how did you react to it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Hartford, WI) in July 2016.

Interview

He contacted me through email and schedule a phone interview phone call. On the day of the interview he called me at the exact time and start asking me some personal questions.

Interview Questions

• I had a phone call. He was very nice and didn't make me more nervous.He asked me about my employments status and why do I want to work for GE. Also he asked me "what does people know you for?". The phone interview took about 20-30 minute and it went great.   Answer Question