GE Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GE Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at GE

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GE in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online via the GE careers website and I was contact within a week of applying by a recruiter. The first interview was an informal phone screen done by the recruiter and it lasted for 30mins.

After that, the next week she scheduled a phone screen with the hiring manager and we talked and went technical. The things we discussed were what I used to work on in school, what I do for the open source community and how I approach learning a new technology. We even went to talk about how I would go about creating a web application for keeping track of employment hours using the spring framework. He wanted to find out how I think even and that was the concluding statements that he gave me.

Shortly after the second phone interview they scheduled an onsite interview for me the following week. They organize the flight, hotel and travel arrangements for me as well. The interview was good, there were a lot of technical interviews and I meet with 4 different developers. Overall it was a good experience, I enjoyed it.

Interview Questions

• What happens if your Serializable class contains a member which is not serializable? How do you fix it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiable with salary. Everything else was set in stone

Other Interview Reviews for GE

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

Went to career fair hosted by our university. They were very organized and directed students to the proper GE rep based on preference. Mine was for GE transportation. He looked over my resume, discussed some things on it, and then asked what time would be good for an interview the next day. Interview was about 30 mins, all behavioral questions, etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about the most difficult educational decision you have made so far.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I got a call after visiting a job fair. After two technical interviews i was asked to travel onsite to for interview. I had 5 rounds of technical interview after which i was offered a job.

Interview Questions

• All the technical interviews i was asked some easy to difficult questions. It mostly covered data structures and algorithms. My resume was read line by line and was asked to elaborate on projects.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GE (Charlotte, NC) in March 2011.

Interview

It is a lengthy process not only interviewing with many managers but for the process to complete - if you are selected to be the right candidate. However, management does it best to move the process and will keep you informed.

Interview Questions

• Give an overview what you have accomplished and why you feel it is important ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minden, NV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Minden, NV) in March 2014.

Interview

Met project manager at university career fair and gave him my resume.
    Interviewed for 30 minutes the next day.
    Was told at that the next step would be an on-site interview.
    Scheduled interview 2-weeks out, per request; G.E. paid for the flight.
    Flew out the day before the interview, stayed in a hotel.
    The day started at 8:00 AM with a tour and coffee.
    Interviews started 8:30 AM and ended 12:30 PM with 3 interviewers.
        Typical interview: history discussion, fit/behavioral questions, then technical questions.
    They took me to lunch for about an hour.
    Day ended around 1:30 PM to 2:00 PM

G.E. says they will reimburse all expenses; the daily meal allowance is limited but high.

Interview Questions

• They will test you on any technology you put on your resume.
      Be ready to prove you know everything you say you know.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I interviewed at GE (The Woodlands, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

They had a 3 part interview process. The first one with HR which is basic questions you will get everywhere. The technical interview consisted of mostly high level questions, not very specific. Also I will say it was centered around experiences more than random technical questions. The last is an on site interview confirming your fit with the company as well as a teaching session to determine your proficiency in conveying your technical knowledge to others.

Interview Questions

• They asked a couple question which seemed very specific to their system.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GE in March 2010.

Interview

The interview process consists of several phone interviews screening for "fit" with the company coupled with technical questions. The technical questions were all very matter-of-fact, and designed to test your knowledge of major concepts in computer science. Thoughout the process, I was asked to demonstrate my understanding of code on the white-board by writing example code, interpreting code that was given me, and diagraming.

Interview Questions

• How can a process in deadlock with another (each has what the other needs) resolve the deadlock to continue operation.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Very Technical interview. Be prepared for deep dive.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GE (San Ramon, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Interview process very pleasant and enjoyable. Phone screening interview followed by in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Cloud and Big Data - How it could be GE aviation industry?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Melbourne, FL) in November 2009.

Interview

Hired into a dynamic team building new technology.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Could negotiate salary up to a point, but other benefits like vacation days were non-negotiable.