GE Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 16, 2017

2.9

70 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Interviewed on the next day after campus career fair. 30 minutes one on one interview. Mostly behavirol, also asked about coding habits. Never heard from them even after I followed up.

Interview Questions

• describe a time you had to deal with a difficult team member   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GE

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

Interview had multiple rounds and the technical round was highly technical.
    Interviewers were knowledgeable and had great reviews about the company.
    This was followed by an HR interview which was quite simple.
    GE focuses a lot on culture and individual persona, so make sure you believe in their core values.

Interview Questions

• why do you want this job?
      A situation where you influenced decision
      A situation where you were unable to deliver what was asked and how you handled it   2 Answers

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Daytona Beach, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Online assessment followed by recorded interview. Online assessment consisted of behavioral questions, recorded interview consisted of questions related to past work/project experience. Currently awaiting response to move to the next stage which is a 1-on-1 interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to change an existing process to meet a stakeholder's needs, what did you learn from this?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE (Hartford, CT) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was friendly, i was first interviewed by HR, then by two department managers, the questions were mostly on software engineering and design patters.
    The questions weren't that diffecult for a sofware developper.

Interview Questions

• What are the design patters that you have used in the past.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

Processing took 2 months and I took another company offer. They asked two technical question which is not too bad. They were really nice and would accept their offer if i did not get another offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GE (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through school career website and they got back to me saying I got a on campus interview very soon, like within two days. The interview was two parts, one behavior questions and one technical questions. I didn't get in the second round because my technical background and programming skills were not strong enough, and they pointed that out directly during the interview. Behavior questions were easy, but they had a high standard for technical skills.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Binghamton, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at GE (Binghamton, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Behavioral Interview. Asked me about my resume, how I have handled certain experiences, about my strengths and weaknesses, etc. Interviewers were polite and allowed me to think before answering questions. Interview lasted about 50 minutes. Received the interview after attending a school career fair.

Interview Questions

• What do you believe to be a weakness you posses?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

First interview was behavioral and on-campus, pretty basic. The on-site interview consisted of a coding challenge, 2 technical interviews, and a group exercise. The technical interviews were basically them asking simple design questions and about my projects in dept.

Interview Questions

• Coding: Reverse a string and remove duplicates   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through TechHire, a recruiting agency. Received and passed code test. Then GE HR set up phone interviews with hiring managers. The phone interviews went well then the GE HR disappeared after email check-ins. Wow.

Interview Questions

• The usual front end questions you can google and prepare for and some backend Node/Postgres/MongoDB terminologies and how to use.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE in October 2016.

Interview

I had an 30 minute interview talking about what my projects work, what I know about some skills I listed on my resume, pretty standard stuff. The interviewer seemed disinterested though.

Interview Questions

• Find the middle of a linked list.   1 Answer