GameStop Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Sort:

Corporate Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grapevine, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GameStop (Grapevine, TX).

Interview

I had a phone screening and then was scheduled for an in person interview the next week at the corporate office. I met with one manager and was invited back for a second on site interview two weeks later. Was told I would hear back in about two weeks. I thought I had done well in both interviews and I was excited.

I heard nothing. I followed up with the recruiter after 2 weeks and was then scheduled for what he called a final on site interview. Later that same day the recruiter let me know that the interview would have to be rescheduled.

I didn't hear back after a week, emailed to follow up. Still nothing. Emailed the manager of the department I had interviewed with and was told they had gone with another candidate.

This whole process spanned almost two whole months. I did not receive any emails or phone calls notifying me that they had gone with another candidate. I had to follow up and be persistent to get any answers. I missed time from my current job to attend both interviews. Gamestop obviously has no regard for their candidate's time.

Interview Questions

Interview

I had one interview which lasted about 10 minutes. I got a call two days later offering me the job. If you can walk upright and speak somewhat normally you'll get it because that is all they are looking for

Assistant Store Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stow, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at GameStop (Stow, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

Mainly asking customer service questions and is seeing if your a people person with social skills. Also looking for “Passion” because of their internal “Pitch your Passion” slogan. Also looking for someone who can be a leader to the team.

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GameStop (Mobile, AL) in October 2010.

Interview

I submitted my application/resume online through the corporate website. The DM contacted me for an interview. I was offered the position within a couple of months.

Negotiation

I had laid out my expectations and requests during the interview process, so the offer was acceptable.

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GameStop (Lansing, MI) in October 2008.

Interview

Unfortunately any position below SM is usually done by the SM, and most of them have no idea what they are doing. By being well dressed, well spoken and knowledgeable and friendly, you already stand out among the hundreds of dumb people that apply each year.

Interview Questions

• If you were a kitchen appliance, what would you be and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None, they make an offer, take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at GameStop (Miami, FL) in November 2009.

Interview

I've heard of people that had group interviews, all of mine were one on one. I went to 3 different stores before I finally got an interview with the former District Manager. Once I got to the main store of the district, the DM blew me off, saying he had a problem with his tires. I came back in another day, finally met him and the guy drilled me with questions about what the stock of the company was at, etc. A bunch of really obscure questions that no one would know off the top of their head. I wouldn't have got the job, except I met the store manager for that location and the guy saw my potential. Plus, he was promised an Assistant Manager for a long time and I think the DM gave me the position just to shut him up.

Interview Questions

• What's the stock of the company currently valued at?   4 Answers
    • What are the 3 types of shrink? (And make sure you know what GameStop calls them, other company's interpretations weren't valued.)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Imagine taking a drill and inserting it into your eye cavity. Let that feeling marinate for a while. Then decide whether or not you want to work with GameStop. Take what they are offering or walk out, they really don't care if you work for them, they'll turn on you the first chance they get to replace you with someone they think is more suitable.

Interview

The interview process is based on if you know someone or if your applying for a seasonal position.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

Initially applied for position through the GameStop website.
    An area store manager called me the next day for an official interview. I went into the local store and the interview took place in the stock room. They asked me about my previous work experience, why this qualified me to be a leader, my education history, my gaming experience and then my favorite and least favorite game. This store manager okay-ed me and scheduled an interview with the district manager. I met with the district manager 3 days later. The interview was essentially the same except the district manager had me pick my 3 least favorite games and then sell them to him. Very easy interview process.

Interview Questions

• Describe you 3 least favorite video games of all time. Now sell them to me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. They offered me $11 an hour and said they couldn't go any higher.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GameStop (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2011.

Interview

One interview, sit down with district manager in mall location. Questions focused on former team building and program selling. Big plus if your previous company was membership based, as the Gamestop experience requires lots of club selling with power up rewards.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, but don't expect to go in talking about video games.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GameStop (Portland, OR) in November 2009.

Interview

A close friend just hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Can you work until 1am on Mondays?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy.