GameStop Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GameStop Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2017

2.1

Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

I was not expected to overdress, wearing casual clothing was fine.

The store manager took me into the backroom of the store for the interview.

When seated at the desk, you can show them your resume, portfolio, or any other paperwork before questioning starts.

You will be questioned on your history and knowledge of modern video game software and hardware. (ex. Playstation 3 and 4, Xbox 360 and One, Wii, Wii-U, Nintendo Switch.)

After that, you will have the chance to ask the store manager some questions.

The interview ends with a short period of shaking hands and thanking each other for their time. The store manager may directly tell you on the spot that you will get the position or they'll give you a call in a few days to let you know the results.

Interview Questions

• Do you have an prior experience working in retail?   1 Answer
    • What video game systems do you have great knowledge of?   1 Answer

Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

Interviews at Gamestop are practically non-existant. Hiring tends to happen when regulars want a job and the team leaders of that store enjoy them. When forced to hire outside of that realm its the basic questions of availablity and values or working.

SGA Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

We simply sat down and had a casual discussion about my previous experience working for gamestop, and if i was okay being hired right at the start of the holiday season.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GameStop (San Diego, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Asked me about myself and was very laid back and totally chill. Just asked about video game knowledge and what I can bring to the team. The assistant manager interviewed me. He was in his twenties so he was really relatable and totally understood how I felt and explained the Circle of Life.

PAYROLL Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grapevine, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GameStop (Grapevine, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

I met with the assistant department manager for the accounting team in her office. She had a standard questionnaire the company provided her that she went over, then we talked for a little while after completing everything on it.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you made a mistake and how you corrected it.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at GameStop (San Jose, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Instead of waiting for the infamously slow response from my online application, I went to a local Gamestop job fair soon after I applied. Around 50 people were there over the course of 3 hours, filtering in and out of the Gamestop where it was held. I was around 35th on the list and waited about an hour and a half (standing, because there were no chairs) before an interviewer called me up. He was friendly and approachable, and looked over my resume carefully. Shortly after the interview began, he realized that I was looking for a 4-month summer job, and regretfully informed me that Gamestop only hired non-full-year employees during the Christmas season. This information was not on their website.

From the other Gamestop interviews going on around me, I noticed that most were around 20 minutes long and centered far more on customer service skills than game knowledge.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freehold, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GameStop (Freehold, NJ) in June 2017.

Interview

It was an easy interview , quick simple got straight to the piont with the questions. most questions where about what you think of the company, customer service and how you feel working on hoildays and long hours.

Interview Questions

• Do you play viedo games, if so what games?   1 Answer

Internet Clerk Interview

Interview

Greetings; what makes you chhose gamestop. Previous work experience. Work ethics and expectations. Working hours and shifts if valid for position. The pay is more or less set in stone and most likely any negotiation will fail regardless of experience.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

Mostly they try and see how much sales experience, it's emphasized that this position is mostly a sales job. If you like video games it's a plus but mostly they want you to know how to push the pro card, reserves, game protection and preowned product.

Interview Questions

Interview

I had one interview which lasted about 10 minutes. I got a call two days later offering me the job. If you can walk upright and speak somewhat normally you'll get it because that is all they are looking for