GameStop Interview Questions

Updated Feb 8, 2016

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GameStop (Deerfield, IL).

Interview

i was called in for interview a long while after submitting application, but that was because i was hired for the holiday season. i was able to make an interview around my high school class times, and manager was very accepting of that. he was concerned with education and being able to handle myself as well as being a responsible employee.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

Interview was normal. Asked about operations, shrink, customer service, etc. Asked basic questions about coaching and hiring. Why my interest in gamestop and what I want to do from there. when I want to start and when I wanted to move into town

Gamestop Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GameStop (North Charleston, SC).

Interview

I was a frequenter of GameStop and noticed they were hiring. I immediately asked about it and was told to fill out an application. After I turned that in, the manager called me about a week later and scheduled an interview. It was a pretty basic one-on-one.. Surprisingly, he didn't ask much about my knowledge of video games.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a mistake you've made and what you learned from it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GameStop (Denton, TX).

Interview

Very casual. Questions focused on product and store services knowledge along with personal availability. It was in two stages where the store manager, assistant manager, and senior game advisor interviewed each applicant one by one. Next stage was a group interview with the best candidates doing a second interview. Second interview focused on ourselves and our personality with simple work situation questions.

Interview Questions

• Can you name at least five video game titles that will be released before the end of the year?   Answer Question

Senior Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

Very Good experience. loved talking to the people in the store. would do it again if i had the chance. GameStop is a great place to work if you love the industry. i would recommend applying to anyone who wants to work around games.

Senior Game Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GameStop (Omaha, NE).

Interview

Offered interview in person. Interviewed with manager of store to be placed in, then interviewed with store manager of another location. Following interviews, offered job within three days. Started training about three weeks later, as manager was to be out of state for conference. Trained under manager and assistant manager.

Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

The process was fairly simple and standard. My only gripe is the amount of time it took between interviews. From the first time I was called back, to the time I was hired took about a month and a week. All the while I was calling at least once a week, to ask how the process was going etc... it felt a bit unnecessary to wait that long. First meet and interview with one manager, then several weeks later, meet the other. Both asked pretty standard and similar questions, with the addition of a few video game specific questions about the gaming industry. If i knew what was coming out soon, whats a popular rpg right now etc... I really enjoyed chatting with the managers in my responses and, if you are a video game nerd, you will probably do fine.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the big titles coming out this year? Are you familiar with the ESRB rating system? If I wanted a new gen rpg what would you recommend?   1 Answer

Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

Submitted an application and received a call a few weeks later. Started with a group interview to sift through potential applicants, and then had one personal interview with a store manager. The interview was easy and consisted of general questions about games and customer service.

Interview Questions

• Why should we choose you? What's your gaming experience? What does good customer service mean to you?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grapevine, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at GameStop (Grapevine, TX).

Interview

3 separate interviews. 1st was mtg with department director and senior manager. They described the position, requirements, and overall department business. They asked the basic introduction questions, but mostly questions pertaining to prior experience and how it applies to the position. 2nd interview was with the same people. Essentially the same interview but salary was discussed. 3rd interview was with department VP. Asked about my background and spoke about the position/business. Basically wanted to confirm the director's decision to offer the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you can be successful in the position   Answer Question

Keyholder Interview

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

I applied online and had a response in 2 days. the first interview was held at the subway shop next door, and lasted about 45 mins. most of the questions revolved around customer service experience. the next interview was a phone interview with the general manager and lasted about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you provided less than perfect customer service, and looking back, how would you have improved in that experience.   Answer Question

I had applied for an assistant store manager position, which I had wrongly assumed was full time. the position was actually for 13-15 hours a week