GameStop Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GameStop Interview Questions

Updated Feb 20, 2017

2.1

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

Relaxed. Guys were playing games on their phones when I showed up. I waited and talked until it was actually time for the interview. They were friendly enough. No difficult questions. They just want to know if you can talk to people about games.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite game/genre   1 Answer

Game Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GameStop (New York, NY).

Interview

They take your into the (often messy) back room to ask questions about your retail experience and gaming knowledge. They ask the same questions of a sheet of paper every time.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you found out an employee was doing something that could harm the company. What did you do?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

Very basic, easy, phone call into a face to face then a phone call confirmation. No real hoops to jump through nor any real surprises here nor do you expect any

I Was Asked to Apply for Store Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GameStop (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview with District and Regional Leaders, with a few weeks in between. General interview with typical retail leadership questions. Also detailed info about job and company. Everything was over the phone.

Interview Questions

• What do you do with an employee who performs poorly in kpi's   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warwick, RI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GameStop (Warwick, RI) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online but then stopped in GameStop locations that I had applied to to try and set up interviews on my own. I checked back a few times at the location I was most interested in and spoke with the manager and was given a time to come back and interview.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you? Why should I not hire you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GameStop (Glendale, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied for a position 3 months prior to being called for the Seasonal Game Advisor Position. I was called and scheduled for an interview, went in, and was hired a few days later. The interview was with a couple of store managers, in which they asked basic interview questions. They also explained the questions

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself. Why do you want to work at GameStop?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Banos, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GameStop (Los Banos, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I walked into my local GameStop and luckily got a group interview the next day. There was four other people there and we got asked basic questions that most retail stores ask. The manager and assistant manager was there to ask the questions. I had my resume with me and I felt like I answered the questions with confidence. I worked at the same GameStop before as a seasonal game advisor so most of the questions I answered I already have heard, yet unfortunately this time they didn't take me.

Corporate Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grapevine, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GameStop (Grapevine, TX).

Interview

I had a phone screening and then was scheduled for an in person interview the next week at the corporate office. I met with one manager and was invited back for a second on site interview two weeks later. Was told I would hear back in about two weeks. I thought I had done well in both interviews and I was excited.

I heard nothing. I followed up with the recruiter after 2 weeks and was then scheduled for what he called a final on site interview. Later that same day the recruiter let me know that the interview would have to be rescheduled.

I didn't hear back after a week, emailed to follow up. Still nothing. Emailed the manager of the department I had interviewed with and was told they had gone with another candidate.

This whole process spanned almost two whole months. I did not receive any emails or phone calls notifying me that they had gone with another candidate. I had to follow up and be persistent to get any answers. I missed time from my current job to attend both interviews. Gamestop obviously has no regard for their candidate's time.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GameStop (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Went in for a job fair, stood on line and waited to be called. Once I was called in, they asked basic questions such as what do I do and why do I want to work at Gamestop. Interview was a total of 10 minutes and I was hired on the spot. They called me a few days later and told me when to come in to start work.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at GameStop (New York, NY).

Interview

I started as a game adviser and the manager in charge of the new hires for the new location hired anyone who applied who looked decent. I had a referral so the on boarding was extremely easy.