GameStop Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GameStop Interview Questions

Interviews at GameStop

2.0

Interview

It was more of an interview to see your personality and how you hold conversations. Very light and easy going. Took about 25 minutes or so. They called back within a few days.

Interview Questions

• They asked if you are competitive.   1 Answer

Interview

Interview was held in the back storage area of the store. Very casual experience and interviewer was very friendly during the whole process. The interview was straightforward and took less than thirty minutes to complete.

Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

They asked me a lot of questions about the company and I gave them the answers as far as the games that I played I don’t hear about them and what can I do to help the business become better

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are fit for the company.   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

I submitted my resume on the company website and received a call for an interview several weeks later. I didn't know what I was being interviewed for until I got to the location, which was very unusual. The interview was very generic, with the manager reading off a predetermined set of questions the entire time.

Guest Advisor Interview

Interview

Relaxed, inviting, engaging. Done in the back room of the store, this shows the entirety of the space to the interviewee. I had to sit in an almost-broken rolling chair.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

Had a really fun experience! It was local to where I was living and visited frequently, and the guy interviewing was very relaxing and calming. We mostly chatted about games!

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GameStop (Dallas, TX) in March 2020.

Interview

Friendly managers, general questions, and a roleplay scenario. The manager asked questions from a prepared list and asked if I had any questions at the end. I was called in for an interview after submitting my application online. They said they had multiple interviews lined up throughout the day.

Interview Questions

• If I was a customer, how would you sell this game to me?   Answer Question

Inventory Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

First was a phone screen. Then in-person at the corporate office. Four separate interviews with people from various levels and roles. Some were one-on-ones, and some were panel style. Everyone was friendly and pleasant.

Corporate Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Prairie, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GameStop (Grand Prairie, TX) in February 2020.

Interview

Nice recruiters who are left in the lurch by indecisive hiring managers.
    The interview process was lengthy, painful, slow (despite positive feedback), bad communicators(ghosting, only to come back later and act as if they haven't). No respect for the candidates experience and/or time. Don't waste your time or get your hopes up. These guys are tire kickers with no vision or sense of urgency and have no intention of aggressively hiring folks to help solve their problems. If you are a get it done person, keep looking, this is not the place for you. If you are a GameStop board member/executive, apply pressure to open and close reqs within a predetermined amount of time. Either you need someone for a role, or you don't. Currently, your recruitment process is broken, offensive, and unattractive. Make it a priority with your hiring managers or your only going to get bad hires which is something GameStop can not afford right now.

Interview Questions

• Experience related. 6 separate senior manager interviews over 2 months with little to no GameStop initiated contact in between.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at GameStop (Milwaukee, WI) in February 2020.

Interview

Very easy interview process - spoke with a store manager in the district who then passed me to the district manager. District manager had more situational and behavior questions and then a job offer the same day....sadly they took 4 days to follow up with paperwork during which time I had to reach out to be updated on what was happening. Due to the lack of communication I turned the role down as it was a reflection on how things will ultimately be if I work for the company and need help.