Genentech Operations Rotational Development Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Genentech Operations Rotational Development Program Interview Questions

Operations Rotational Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

I interview on-site at a NSBE conference with one of the current ORDP Analysts, and then a week later I was invited to an on-site interview at the South San Francisco facilities. It consisted of a day of four 1:1 interviews, mostly with current/past ORDP Analysts in my case (some people had managers and so on). Many of the questions I was asked were behavioural, including how I handled difficult work members etc. Other questions were "Why Genentech?" and "Which is better to focus on, improving strengths or correcting weaknesses?" btw the answer to the latter question for them is improving strengths. Others were, "describe a time you had to develop a quality testing protocol" and "how important is modifying one's presentation for their audience". One of my interviewers was a bit feisty and kept asking me random questions, like explain one of my resume entries with a single slide etc... safe to say it got a little heated as he didnt communicate his questions well.

Interview Questions

• If you were in the elevator with the CEO, how would you advise him about the company?   Answer Question
  • Which is better to work on, improving one's strengths or one's weaknesses?   1 Answer
  • Why Genentech?   Answer Question