Genentech Interview Questions

Updated May 14, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 987 of over 987 interviews

Recruiter14%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Genentech

Application

I interviewed at Genentech

Interview

Stayed on site, met the whole team, interviewed with several people, presented my own thesis research. The interviews were with people from the group I interviewed for, as well as adjacent groups.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked to describe my research.
    Answer Question
1 person found this interview helpful

Genentech

Application

I interviewed at Genentech

Interview

All day interview with multiple panels. Standard questions with some technical questions. Very straight forward. Everyone was professional and very approachable. There was some small talk but overall the questions were straightforward.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a time where you had to stop a project mid way through to re-prioritize effort into another area. How did you handle that transition?
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Genentech

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Genentech

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Genentech

Interview

Applied via website, reached out proactively to hiring manager via Linkedin to learn more about the role and got a meeting. It was a very strange conversation with the manager repeating same words, but giving no context about the role. The person seemed very rude and thought that me reaching out was unprofessional and seemed to think I was better suited for an entry level role, despite having 7 years of experience. I understand it's a big company, but it seems highly offensive to berate the candidate and tell them their enthusiasm is incorrect, especially in the current job market.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Genentech

Application

I interviewed at Genentech

Interview

Interview was a full day with a dinner. Questions were focused on past experiences and included a 1 hr seminar. Interview differed by interviewer. Some were very technical while others were more behavioral

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Genentech

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Genentech

Interview

Submitted an online application but received an interview based on a referral. Had a one-on-one interview followed by a panel interview. Have had a positive experience with the company so far.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Genentech

Application

I interviewed at Genentech

Interview

I applied for 2 different roles. For the first role, I had 2 interviews - a phone interview followed by a Skype call. For the other interview, I had only a Skype call.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Genentech (Hillsboro, OR)

Interview

Misleading job title, low ball pay. Interview was brief otherwise. They should have been open to negotiating a higher rate, and seemed like they didn’t value this role. I opted out after this low ball offer. Another talent acquisition member followed up with me a week or so later to try to set up a repeat. Waste of time

Interview Questions
  • If it was okay that this was a temp role. Temp internal with benefits I believe

Genentech

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Genentech

Interview

Scenario based questions about joins and merges and how you would approach them. Was a phone screen and then final round with senior engineer with a turn around time of 1 week.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Genentech

Application

I interviewed at Genentech

Interview

Before the on-site interview, I have been told the open-position was cancelled. No idea what happened. There were two round of interviews before going to on-site. And it lasted for over 3weeks to tell me that the position is not available for anyone.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Genentech

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genentech

Interview

Straightforward interview process with multiple stages to the interview process. The interview was mainly behavioral questions. There were also personal questions to learn more about you and your interest in the position and company.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 987 Interviews

Genentech Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Genentech as 69.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 3.06 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Research Associate and Senior Research Associate rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Scientist and Intern roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Genentech takes an average of 32 days when considering 1,069 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Research Associate had the quickest hiring process (on average 19 days), whereas Senior Research Associate roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 47 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Genentech according to 1,069 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 26.09%