Google Associate Account Strategist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Google Associate Account Strategist Interview Questions

Interviews at Google

3.4

Associate Account Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

I just had a phone email (first round). It wasn't a super big deal. I was anxious because I didn't expect to get an interview. I suppose I had all the qualifications they were looking for, but I also was super psyched out by all of the stuff they sent me about "how to prepare" for the interview. I did look at all the material they sent me on their website but I think it was honestly overwhelming. For anyone looking to interview for Google, I'd recommend being yourself and stick to the best interview practices you know.

TLDR: Google's website on how to prepare for their interview is overwhelming. (Also, the questions they asked me during their first round had nothing to do with all the stuff they sent me.)

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself.   1 Answer
  • How would you prioritize reading your emails for the day given you have a bunch of meetings that day?   2 Answers
  • What kind of stuff do you do outside of school?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Google (Ann Arbor, MI) in December 2019.

Interview

This was a long and stressful interview process. I applied mid-September 2019 (with an employee referral) and was rejected a few days later. On November 5th, I was contacted by a different recruiter who invited me to proceed to the next steps of the application process. This included some more paperwork and a phone interview. A few days after that first phone interview, I was asked to fly out to Ann Arbor for an onsite interview. It was noted that it was unusual to move onsite without multiple remote interviews first. This recruiter was amazing and always helped me feel at ease. They were quick to communicate and I never felt out of the loop despite the long process.

The onsite interview was Dec 3rd and it was an incredible experience! The entire trip was paid for (even snacks I bought at the airport were reimbursed) and my onsite experience was flawless. The whole process was super smooth. There were 6 of us in that round of interviews. We were interviewed separately and then we received a tour of the office. INCREDIBLE OFFICE. Good grief. One of the candidates was privately told that they were no longer being considered so it was just 5 of us. We each had 2 additional onsite interviews before being sent home. A few days later, I was contacted by my recruiter asking for some additional paperwork. Over the next few weeks, this pattern continued and I kept submitting different forms and answering questions over the phone. I understand that I had passed the initial interviews and not my recruiter was putting together a formal application packet that would be sent to various committees. The wait felt eternal, but on December 18th, I received an offer!

If you're wanting to apply for this position, I would recommend you be absolutely meticulous in your applications and interviews. They will give you resources to help you prepare, and you need to take those resources seriously. Practice practice practice.

Associate Account Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

First round was a phone screen with recruiter. Basic behavioral questions. I was then flown out to California and had the on-site interviews. Recruiter was very nice and helpful throughout the process. The on-site interview included a tour of the office.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions in both phone and on-site interviews (tell me about a time when...)
      Be prepared to answer questions based on the role and hypothetical situations that you could face in the role.   Answer Question

Associate Account Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google in October 2019.

Interview

Applied with an employee referral and was contacted less than a week later to set up a phone screen. The recruiter sends you materials to prepare. Phone screen was around 20 min. They ask you about yourself, such as your past experiences, why Google, why sales, etc. Then around two situational questions. Next step would've been onsite interviews. Process was really quick - only took around 2.5 weeks from the time I applied to when I heard back.

Interview Questions

• If you checked your email at work and had 200 unread emails, how would you go about it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to do assignments against a deadline.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2019.

Interview

The process was pretty standard. I was first approached by a Google campus recruiter who had me fill out a profile and brief application. I was then moved to a brief screening call, which was a typical behavioral interview. The final round was on-site at Google's Ann Arbor office.

Associate Account Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Google in September 2019.

Interview

First round phone interview for about thirty minutes with a recruiter they ask questions about your background, and then a few hypothetical questions. Second round is by onsite interviews and tour of the office you come on-site for.

Associate Account Strategist Interview

Interview

Started off with a quick phone screen, then I had a video interview and last step was on site interview. Process was fairly quick and my recruiters were all extremely helpful.

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Ann Arbor, MI) in March 2019.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me via LinkedIn after a referral and set up a time for a screening. Basic screening walking through the job function, asking a few questions around why I wanted the position, resume walkthrough and then asked some behavioral questions and the recruiter gave feedback on how I should answer them in future interviews

After the screening I was told I would be skipping the phone/hangout interviews and was given two choices for on-site. They fly you in and pay for everything. There were 5 of us there to interview, weird open layout where I could see others interviewing and vaguely hear their voices. First interview with a manager then we taken to a room and given snacks. They began to pull out interviewers one by one until their were two of us left in the room then main recruiter came in and let us know we were moving on. I had two back to back 30 minute interviews after, one with a current AAS and one with another manager. All hypothetical and behavioral questions.

I was seen out of the two interviews and waited about a week until the recruiter reached out and said that I made the hiring committee. Around another week later he reached out and said the committee wanted to extend an offer.

Great interview process overall, only negatives were the long waiting periods and the open layout of the first in-person interviews (probably to fluster you honestly). Recruiter was very responsive and involved the whole time.

Interview Questions

• Signed an NDA, cannot disclose.   1 Answer

Associate Account Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Phone interview, lasted about 30 min. The recruiter was really nice and asked behavioral and hypothetical type questions. She didn't ask me the standard questions that I thought she would though, like why do you want to work here and why are you interested in the position.

Interview Questions

• Would you feel comfortable with a commission based salary   2 Answers

Associate Account Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Applied online, got a call from recruiter. Recruiter obviously didn't get a conference room because i could hear all of his coworkers around him and could barely hear him. He would go from muffled to loud sporadically, and didn't seem like he was very knowledgeable about the position. The recuiter was impressed by my background and passed my information to hiring manager, but I was sent a rejection email shortly after.

I got no feedback from the recruiter as to why I was rejected.