Honeywell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

Interview process was straight forward. I applied online through the Honeywell careers website and was soon contacted by one of their recruiters about screening. It appears Honeywell uses a third party company for their hiring procedures. Once I got through the screening, I got scheduled for a 1 hour phone interview which was basically going over the resume and asking about the projects and my role in them. Then I was called for an in-person interview with the hiring manager and the team, where we talked more about the experience listed in the resume and quite a few behavioral questions. I was then offered the job in a week after the interview. The interview schedule was handled very smoothly by all their recruiters/coordinators and the whole process took 2- 4 weeks.

I found that the hiring team is genuinely interested in hiring a fit for their team and their requirements. I say so, because I had a rejection from a different team after what I thought was a successful in person interview spanning more than half a day. Please do not take rejections personally. If you do well and still get a rejection, the recruiters do their best to find the right fit with other teams in the company. That is how I landed the offer the second time.

Interview Questions

• Resume and experience that apply to the job description/technology/tools   Answer Question
    • Behavioral: Strengths/Weaknesses/Failures/team support/ Initiate/Leadership   1 Answer

Configuration Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Honeywell (Albuquerque, NM) in May 2012.

Interview

Quick Process. Was called in for interview, and started work within 2 weeks. Group interview, most of the questions were pretty routine questions. Was offered a position soon after and accepted. Quick and seamless process.

Interview Questions

• Whats your biggest accomplishment   3 Answers

Computer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Honeywell (Torrance, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

A recruiter submitted my name for a mainframe position. Beyond the normal process, the hiring department called my current (at the time) employer to discuss my performance. It was well known that I was unhappy with my supervisor and wanted a change. It was also well known that I was a very good diplomat. I was hired for my computer expertise AND my diplomacy.

Negotiation

I was hired the next day. One year later, I referred a former associate from the same company; she was hired the day of her interview.

Contracts Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honeywell (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

My first interview was with a panel of 3 managers, which lasted an hour. It was a behavioral interview, so I provided a lot of examples of how I handled situations in prior positions. The panel made me feel comfortable in taking time to think of answers. I felt the questions were very appropriate to the position and was happy to have examples to give for each of the questions. I enjoyed the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when a client was upset and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Contracts Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Honeywell (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2016.

Interview

The first round was a two-person panel and then the second round was a four-person panel. The second interview had all the applicants take a tour together the same day. Standard interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us everything you know about Honeywell?   1 Answer

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honeywell (Baton Rouge, LA).

Interview

i applied and had an initial phone interview with a recruiter type. Then i was offered a phone interview with HR representative. I was called in for a panel interview on site for a final in person interview.

Interview Questions

• how i deal with situations and daily tasks in previous position   Answer Question

Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell in July 2013.

Interview

Standard interview with behavior and technical questions. Nothing too difficult. Interview took about one hour. I had a phone interview and then I had a panel interview with upper management.

Associate Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tonawanda, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Honeywell (Tonawanda, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

I got direct call for an onsite interview from HR. Interview went for 20-30 minutes. Questions were relevant to Design(AutoCad) and few specific projects that company wanted me to perform. I got an offer in 2 days. And my overall experience was wonderful. Business was low. Not much work pressure. Awesome workers and managers. Cool Maintenance head Mr. Scott.

Interview Questions

• What do you do in your free time?   1 Answer

Lead Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Dayton, OH) in November 2015.

Interview

I completed the online job application first. This employer had many requirements to be submitted at the time of the application. It can be difficult to obtain the documentation this employer requested and complete all requirements in a timely manner. Most other employers review your qualifications first, then if interested, ask you to submit your background documents. I find this method a better way for me, an applicant, to take a look at a potential employer.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how my experience would could be used to complete their work on the contract they currently have?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I interviewed at Honeywell (Colorado Springs, CO) in August 2011.

Interview

Pre-interview communications were over the phone and email. The interview was with a small group of people. They each took turns speaking with me and took notes during the process. The tone was comfortable: business without feeling grilled.I received an offer via email within 2 days of the interview. During the interview, I asked questions to determine if the organization would be a good fit. Between the time of the interview and starting work, the organization had changed enough that the answer had changed.

Interview Questions

• There were no technical questions beyond listing my skills. The most unexpected question was if there was any reason to be denied a clearance.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2012.

Interview

First interview was a 1 on 1 interview with an engineer from my city; mostly personality type questions.

Second interview was a conference call with several of the managers from the Phoenix location, talking about my resume and what I've done. Lasted about 30-45 minutes.

Third interview was a video conference call with the same managers that went for about 2 hours and was a more in depth version of the conference call.

Did not get an offer, however the workplace and people involved seemed intelligent and reasonable, and I thought the interview process was fairly easy. There were no real technical questions asked.

Interview Questions

• Name the five most valuable experiences you've had through school/work   Answer Question