Honeywell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,063 Interview Reviews

2.9

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Honeywell (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Went to Honeywell booth at an on-site at job fair. Talked to recruiter, introduced myself, he took a quick interview and then was selected for a real on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you had difficult team members.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online. A couple of days later, I received an email from a recruiter to schedule a phone screening interview. The interview was completely automated. No human at the other end. It was a very cold and mechanical experience. The recruiter has not responded to several emails.

Event and Trade Show Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

First phone interview I was asked typical interview questions. I was in contact by a Ranstad employee after submitting my application. I was given clear directions and how to get on the conference call and it went smoothly. Everyone was very nice and it went very well. I have a second interview coming up.

Interview Questions

• Describe your past experiences that relate to this position   Answer Question

Service and Repair Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

They called at 8 PM, which I couldn't answer since I was at work, to setup a phone interview. I called in the morning and lady said she was on the road and would call me back in an hour to setup a phone interview that day. She never bothered to call me back. Yet another unprofessional person in Houston area.

Interview Questions

• None were asked since they are incompetent at doing what they said would do.   Answer Question

Senior Communications Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

Applied on a Friday via Honeywell's website. The following Tuesday, I received an email from a third-party although she had an @honeywell.com email address. The email explained this phone screen/interview through Montage. Essentially, you will hear pre-recorded questions and you'll record your response. Then the responses from all applicants are reviewed by someone. I received an email with the link to the interview system.

It was all very off-putting because it was very impersonal. I've never felt more like a number than during this process.

There are some "resources" on the landing page for the interview system. The "resource" videos were short and informative, but featured a very stiff actress. This only reinforced that everything seems a little TOO robotic.

The phone system interview was incredibly frustrating. Phone interviews are already challenging because you cannot read body language. It's even more frustrating when you're not even speaking to a real person. The recorded question plays, then you have a few seconds to think about your response and then you have 10 seconds to respond.

There was also no opportunity to record questions for the reviewer. The "talent sourcer" was also not very forthcoming.

I received notification a few hours later that I did not advance. I was not surprised because the entire process was beyond impersonal. I would've rather the ATS reject me than that recorded interview system.

Although it's great to see a company use innovative solutions, it's disheartening and disappointing that they'd use it as the first introduction for prospective employees. What does that say about the company culture?

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honeywell (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

I started with a automated phone interview. After that, HR called me and facilitated a conversation with the hiring manager. The next step was to have a phone interview/conference call with the hiring manager's peers. After that, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager's boss. When that was all completed, they brought me in and I had to interview with everyone again in person.

Interview Questions

• They gave me some scenarios and asked me how I would handle the situation.   Answer Question

Rotational Program Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

The hiring process was very straight forward. They came for campus recruitment and I was given an interview that following week. During the day of my interview, they gave me a tour of the facility which was like Disneyland for an engineer. During the actual interview, the man asked me about my resume as well as what were some of my current interests.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Lead Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honeywell (Kansas City, MO) in June 2017.

Interview

I had my on demand phone interview. Very robotic but I can see the efficiency it provides the employer. It was a screening process. Waiting on the next step now. Hoping for the next interview in which I can show my personality and showcase my skillset in person.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Honeywell?   Answer Question
    • Tell us more about you that we wouldnt learn from this interview or your resume.   Answer Question
    • What are your expected compensation requirements?   Answer Question

Marketing Communications Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

Got contacted by a third-party contractor that manages initial phone screenings, which seemed a little odd, considering their website says something like only people from @honeywell.com email addresses will contact you. In any case, the screening was standard issue, but I did feel like the interviewer had to match my responses to predetermined options. For example, when I explained why I want to leave my current job, the interviewer summarized the several reasons I offered with, "so, growth opportunities?". Beyond the standard questions, I was asked to rate myself on a scale of 1 to 5 for hard and soft skills that aligned with the job description. For everything I didn't rate myself a 5 on, I was asked why.

Director - IT Security Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

Honeywell outsourced (at least in 2016/17) their recruiting process to a 3rd party vendor. 2 weeks after I applied, I got a call from this vendor to setup an initial appt. The first interview was basic HR screening, leadership/management style, etc. Nothing tough, just routine stuff.

Then they setup a meeting with the hiring manager. It started well, but 10 minutes into the job, we both realized that THERE WAS A HUGE DISCONNECT BETWEEN THE JOB DESCRIPTION THAT WAS POSTED, THE EXPECTATIONS OF THE HIRING MANAGER AND MY UNDERSTANDING OF THE JOB THAT I THOUGHT I WANTED TO GET INTO.

No doubt, this was the most awkward interview ever. The manager was quite apologetic, but was also in a hurry to end the interview (who wouldn't be). I never got a call back from the hiring manager or the HR vendor again, and I would have said no thank you even if they had called.

I have been in the IT industry for 20+ years and this was the craziest interview experience ever. Hope you applicants have better luck. Maybe you should confirm with *everyone* involved to make sure everyone is on the same page w/r/t the job description, roles and responsibilities, etc. Good luck.

Interview Questions

• Like I said above, the actual interview questions were not related to the job description or position at all. Think of the question(s) as "How would you land a plane during a thunderstorm with one engine on fire". My answer was 'I am not a pilot, and I have no idea why you want me to answer this because I never said I was a pilot". I made sure to confirm with the interviewer if this was a trick question that was meant to evaluate my ability to think on my feet. After 2 or 3 questions like this we both realized that something was wrong with the process.   Answer Question