Honeywell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Honeywell Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2017

2.9

Director - IT Security Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

Honeywell outsourced (at least in 2016/17) their recruiting process to a 3rd party vendor. 2 weeks after I applied, I got a call from this vendor to setup an initial appt. The first interview was basic HR screening, leadership/management style, etc. Nothing tough, just routine stuff.

Then they setup a meeting with the hiring manager. It started well, but 10 minutes into the job, we both realized that THERE WAS A HUGE DISCONNECT BETWEEN THE JOB DESCRIPTION THAT WAS POSTED, THE EXPECTATIONS OF THE HIRING MANAGER AND MY UNDERSTANDING OF THE JOB THAT I THOUGHT I WANTED TO GET INTO.

No doubt, this was the most awkward interview ever. The manager was quite apologetic, but was also in a hurry to end the interview (who wouldn't be). I never got a call back from the hiring manager or the HR vendor again, and I would have said no thank you even if they had called.

I have been in the IT industry for 20+ years and this was the craziest interview experience ever. Hope you applicants have better luck. Maybe you should confirm with *everyone* involved to make sure everyone is on the same page w/r/t the job description, roles and responsibilities, etc. Good luck.

Interview Questions

• Like I said above, the actual interview questions were not related to the job description or position at all. Think of the question(s) as "How would you land a plane during a thunderstorm with one engine on fire". My answer was 'I am not a pilot, and I have no idea why you want me to answer this because I never said I was a pilot". I made sure to confirm with the interviewer if this was a trick question that was meant to evaluate my ability to think on my feet. After 2 or 3 questions like this we both realized that something was wrong with the process.   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

The first interview was a "video" interview. Essentially it is a monologue. One you log in to the portal, you are served up questions on the screen. You film an intro and can film a close, both of which you can re-record until you are happy with the response. They ask 3 questions that require manual input and 5 where you are given 30 seconds to think about your answer and then the camera starts rolling. Once you press stop, there is no re-record.

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Honeywell (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

More of a meet and greet. Relaxing on some fronts with softball questions. Had lunch with manager and met future coworkers. Then talked to HR about benefits. Never met with upper management. They flew me in and had everything setup well. Lasted a full day onsite. Took several months for them to set things up after initial contact.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage your daily tasks.
      Tell me about yourself.
      Are you a self starter.
      1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

One hour-long phone interview with the hiring manager and a second hour-long phone interview with a team member. No on-site interviews. Very few technical questions about how to build predictive models.

Interview Questions

• How would you clean a data set before building a predictive model?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Lots of behavioral questions. Probing to see how willing you are to devote your entire life to the company. God forbid you bring up money. They'll act offended - how dare you want to know how much you'd be paid! Obviously, you should work at Honeywell for free because they're so great.

HR is a mess. They seemed to confuse me with another applicant. I was summoned to two interviews. The second was for a position that hadn't even previously been discussed (I reread the e-mails just to make sure I wasn't crazy) and the person who greeted me in the lobby seemed surprised I was there. The HR person didn't remember meeting me for the first time even though we had corresponded a bit after we met. She was diligent about replying within 24 hours until that point. When I wrote to follow up, two weeks later, I was ignored. I think she realized she made a mistake and buried my application.

After speaking with some other people that work there, I would not recommend unless you're desperate or have never worked anywhere else. Still haven't heard, weeks later, on the position. At this point, I wouldn't accept if they offered.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what aspects of your experience relate to this position.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

I passed first round, which was an at home evaluation. I was contacted by recruiter the next day, they said that they needed my information for the "hiring event" happening next week. They sent my info to HR and then never heard back after that. Kinda confusing what happened but I guess I just got rejected without any notice.

Interview Questions

• They ask you why you want to work here, what can you contribute?   2 Answers

Senior Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Plaines, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Honeywell (Des Plaines, IL).

Interview

Met several people, not more than ten to fifteen minutes at a time. The human resource person I met with I never saw again because they started outsourcing like everything else they outsource.

Interview Questions

• Vague all of it. Not one person asked the same question twice it was very uninformative.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

Excellent! Quick turnaround time to offer. They spent tune helping me understand culture people and processes. I would recommend to everyone who is interested in Honeywell. The benefits were also shared which gave me a better perspective of what to expect before I accepted.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Colorado Springs, CO).

Interview

I was a transition employee from another company that was a subcontractor. The subcontract was not renewed and HTSI hired most of us over directly. My interviewers had known me for years, but had no idea what I was doing (even though it often supported or paralleled their work). They had no authority (or desire to seek the authority) to actually classify my job at a higher level than the one arbitrarily chosen by their boss, who was clueless about what I did since I worked on the customer's site with other HTSI employees.

Sales Interview

Interview

After applying process took about 4 months. Received numerous phone interviews, one on demand interview, a face to face, then a online panel interview. After panel interview offer was made and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where a customer objected to the sale because of price and how you overcame the objection.   1 Answer