Honeywell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 19, 2017
1,021 Interview Reviews

2.9

Marketing Communications Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

Got contacted by a third-party contractor that manages initial phone screenings, which seemed a little odd, considering their website says something like only people from @honeywell.com email addresses will contact you. In any case, the screening was standard issue, but I did feel like the interviewer had to match my responses to predetermined options. For example, when I explained why I want to leave my current job, the interviewer summarized the several reasons I offered with, "so, growth opportunities?". Beyond the standard questions, I was asked to rate myself on a scale of 1 to 5 for hard and soft skills that aligned with the job description. For everything I didn't rate myself a 5 on, I was asked why.

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

The first interview was a "video" interview. Essentially it is a monologue. One you log in to the portal, you are served up questions on the screen. You film an intro and can film a close, both of which you can re-record until you are happy with the response. They ask 3 questions that require manual input and 5 where you are given 30 seconds to think about your answer and then the camera starts rolling. Once you press stop, there is no re-record.

Director - IT Security Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

Honeywell outsourced (at least in 2016/17) their recruiting process to a 3rd party vendor. 2 weeks after I applied, I got a call from this vendor to setup an initial appt. The first interview was basic HR screening, leadership/management style, etc. Nothing tough, just routine stuff.

Then they setup a meeting with the hiring manager. It started well, but 10 minutes into the job, we both realized that THERE WAS A HUGE DISCONNECT BETWEEN THE JOB DESCRIPTION THAT WAS POSTED, THE EXPECTATIONS OF THE HIRING MANAGER AND MY UNDERSTANDING OF THE JOB THAT I THOUGHT I WANTED TO GET INTO.

No doubt, this was the most awkward interview ever. The manager was quite apologetic, but was also in a hurry to end the interview (who wouldn't be). I never got a call back from the hiring manager or the HR vendor again, and I would have said no thank you even if they had called.

I have been in the IT industry for 20+ years and this was the craziest interview experience ever. Hope you applicants have better luck. Maybe you should confirm with *everyone* involved to make sure everyone is on the same page w/r/t the job description, roles and responsibilities, etc. Good luck.

Interview Questions

• Like I said above, the actual interview questions were not related to the job description or position at all. Think of the question(s) as "How would you land a plane during a thunderstorm with one engine on fire". My answer was 'I am not a pilot, and I have no idea why you want me to answer this because I never said I was a pilot". I made sure to confirm with the interviewer if this was a trick question that was meant to evaluate my ability to think on my feet. After 2 or 3 questions like this we both realized that something was wrong with the process.   Answer Question

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Honeywell (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

More of a meet and greet. Relaxing on some fronts with softball questions. Had lunch with manager and met future coworkers. Then talked to HR about benefits. Never met with upper management. They flew me in and had everything setup well. Lasted a full day onsite. Took several months for them to set things up after initial contact.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage your daily tasks.
      Tell me about yourself.
      Are you a self starter.
      1 Answer

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Lots of behavioral questions. Probing to see how willing you are to devote your entire life to the company. God forbid you bring up money. They'll act offended - how dare you want to know how much you'd be paid! Obviously, you should work at Honeywell for free because they're so great.

HR is a mess. They seemed to confuse me with another applicant. I was summoned to two interviews. The second was for a position that hadn't even previously been discussed (I reread the e-mails just to make sure I wasn't crazy) and the person who greeted me in the lobby seemed surprised I was there. The HR person didn't remember meeting me for the first time even though we had corresponded a bit after we met. She was diligent about replying within 24 hours until that point. When I wrote to follow up, two weeks later, I was ignored. I think she realized she made a mistake and buried my application.

After speaking with some other people that work there, I would not recommend unless you're desperate or have never worked anywhere else. Still haven't heard, weeks later, on the position. At this point, I wouldn't accept if they offered.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what aspects of your experience relate to this position.   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

One hour-long phone interview with the hiring manager and a second hour-long phone interview with a team member. No on-site interviews. Very few technical questions about how to build predictive models.

Interview Questions

• How would you clean a data set before building a predictive model?   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden Valley, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honeywell (Golden Valley, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was asked to do what they call an "interview on demand." This basically consisted of recording answers to questions via a telephone call.

A couple of weeks later, they asked me to do two phone interviews with two separate people. The first lasted about 45 minutes; the second was scheduled for a Friday afternoon, but the interviewer needed to reschedule at the last minute.

We pushed it back to early the following week, or at least that's what I thought. The second interviewer never called me, and when I reached out to her and my HR contact, I received no response.

Ios Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honeywell (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

1. First a phone screen by a non-technical person who basically reads the job posting to you and asks if you have experience in that.
    2. A hacker rank with several questions about your background and experience. No iOS questions. Says it should take 30 minutes but it took me that long to just do the background questions. After that are 2 coding challenges.
    3. Technical phone screen with a very rude interviewer. The phone screen consists of answering many specific Objective-C and Swift syntax questions. The interviewer will skip to the next question if you have any hesitation in your answer.

Interview Questions

• Facebook Hacker Cup 2013 – Balanced Smileys.   Answer Question
    • CTCI Staircase problem. Davis has staircases in his house and he likes to climb each staircase 1, 2 , or 3 steps at a time. Being a very precocious child, he wonders how many ways there are to reach the top of the staircase.

Given the respective heights for each of the staircases in his house, find and print the number of ways he can climb each staircase on a new line.
      Answer Question
    • Explain NSURLConnection to me?   1 Answer
    • What is reuse identifier?   Answer Question
    • What are the building blocks of Core Data   Answer Question
    • Atomic vs Non-atomic   Answer Question
    • List the delegates and datasources available to a UITableView.   Answer Question
    • Difference between nil in Swift and Objective-C   Answer Question
    • How do you find memory leaks?   1 Answer
    • He gave an example of a retain cycle and asked what would happen and how to fix.   1 Answer
    • Difference between Bounds and Frame   Answer Question
    • What is dealloc called in Swift?   1 Answer
    • Explain the map keyword in Swift   Answer Question
    • What is NSOperation?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honeywell in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online through their career section.I got call for the on demand interview in around 5-6 weeks It was my first interview.They asked to appear for the on demand voice call interview.Then, i never heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my past experience and regular normal question   Answer Question

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honeywell in April 2017.

Interview

While the process for submitting an video phone screen was extremely easy. My experience has been disappointing. Reached out to Sourcer to follow up on status and was given a benign response ("I reached out to hiring manger and I am waiting to hear back")....It's been over 6 weeks and no update, online or via email. Recommend this process include a "close out process", especially when candidate is contacted to submit video interview. Assumption is you are not sending those to all that apply, so a follow up would be appreciative and leave a better impression of company and its processes