International Paper Interview Questions | Glassdoor

International Paper Interview Questions

Updated May 10, 2018

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at International Paper.

Interview

I went through temp agency for a direct hire position. There is testing done before interview. If you have worked in manufacturing before it will be easy for you., questions are based on procedures and capabilitity of analyzing to problem solve. Are you motivated or lazy? If you pass you proceed to interview.
    They just want to hear that your skills match there job requirements, plain and simple. Easy interview... now get ready to work rotating shifts and tons of hours!

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work all shifts and all hours , plus 12 hour days?   1 Answer

General Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gardena, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at International Paper (Gardena, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

Easy interview process she was nice you have to take a test and pass it to be hired once you pass the test by computer there in the office they send you to drug test when you clear drug test they call you to start

Interview Questions

• The test is one part personality questions and the other to see how well you follow and read directions   1 Answer

Regional Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at International Paper.

Interview

After submitting online, I was contacted by a "recruiter" to complete an online questionnaire. The questionnaire consisted of basic screening questions about pay, relocation, etc. A week later, I was contacted for an interview by the same recruiter.

I was told that I was a highly south after candidate and should be receiving a call for another interview in about 1-2 weeks. Never heard anything. I followed up with the recruiter and all I got was radio silence for about 4 weeks. Never follow up. I was confident that the recruiter was a professional as his online network portrays, but being ghosted was anything but professional. I recommend recruiters be trained on properly rejecting a candidate rather than radio silence.

Interview Questions

• Review your work experience and history as it may pertain to this position.   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at International Paper (Cedar Rapids, IA) in February 2018.

Interview

IP posted a job via multiple job sites looking to fill this particular position. I responded via their company website for the application and received an invite for a phone interview. The phone interview was with the actual hiring manager versus through the HR firewall, so that was nice. Because of the complexity of the job, I believe it was important for them to convey that is was not a typical "IT Manager" job before assessing the skillset of the candidate. That also served as a great way to learn more detail than you would normally about the position and the company. The normal path was three interviews and a final walk through interview since the three qualifying interviews were all phone based. The third level interview was a conference call with multiple managers across the U.S. The interview process was very professional and thorough. IP was also very communicative during the process and transparent on where you were in the competition for the position.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you were unable to complete a project as promised and had to convey the information to upper management and what was the result?   Answer Question
    • What are you most proud of in regards to your last employment?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at International Paper in February 2018.

Interview

Panel interview which asked out dated interview questions. The way the position was presented is they needed someone who was rather non ambitious and wouldn't mind remaining in the same position for the next 20years. Avoid using remarks such as college student or moving up within the organization.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with us?   1 Answer

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at International Paper (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2017.

Interview

Very professional. Very forthcoming about the job description and the expectations. Gave brief company description with history and market place. It was clear that my resume/cover letter had been carefully reviewed before being considered for the position.

Interview Questions

• How I felt about working in a role that I may have been overqualified for?   Answer Question

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shreveport, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at International Paper (Shreveport, LA) in December 2017.

Interview

The interview process was straight forward, took over 2 months to get called in for testing, after you pass your test the call you in for a interview 2-3 weeks later. The interview process wasn't stressful at all. They make sure you comfortable and help you with whatever you need.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to apply safety rules?   1 Answer

Summer Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at International Paper (Memphis, TN) in November 2017.

Interview

First heard of them at a university sponsored career fair. Talked to the recruiter and turned in a resume for them to review. Received a call to schedule an interview in the next few days and it was all behavioral questions. Received an offer to go to round two of interviews in Memphis in about a month. Flew me out and showed me around the city and had a dinner networking event before interviews the next day. The final interviews were three separate 45 minute interviews with two employees. All three interviews had identical questions which were all behavioral.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you had to overcome a difficult situation in a team setting?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at International Paper.

Interview

I was first contacted by a local HR rep who scheduled a phone interview. The phone interview was with a couple of managers and the region HR manager. Next, I was invited to an in-person panel interview. This interview was with the CS manager, a couple of other functional managers, and the local HR rep. After that, I was invited to a final interview with an area manager.

Interview Questions

• You take a call from an individual inquiring about the company's products, what approach would you take in assisting the client?   1 Answer

REACH Engineer Interview

Interview

Spoke to a recruiter at a career fair and immediately got an interview the next day. The initial interview had 3 people who interviewed you, and they mostly asked behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience when one of your weaknesses turned out to be strength.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at International Paper (Champaign, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview was with a man and woman, both had a set list of questions they wanted to ask, and did not divert from them. Interviewers were very friendly and appreciated when individuals asked good questions at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time in which you had to make a challenging decision with little or no information   Answer Question