International Paper Interview Questions | Glassdoor

International Paper Interview Questions

Updated Nov 21, 2017

2.8

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at International Paper.

Interview

I was first contacted by a local HR rep who scheduled a phone interview. The phone interview was with a couple of managers and the region HR manager. Next, I was invited to an in-person panel interview. This interview was with the CS manager, a couple of other functional managers, and the local HR rep. After that, I was invited to a final interview with an area manager.

Interview Questions

• You take a call from an individual inquiring about the company's products, what approach would you take in assisting the client?   Answer Question

REACH Engineer Interview

Interview

Spoke to a recruiter at a career fair and immediately got an interview the next day. The initial interview had 3 people who interviewed you, and they mostly asked behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience when one of your weaknesses turned out to be strength.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at International Paper (Champaign, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview was with a man and woman, both had a set list of questions they wanted to ask, and did not divert from them. Interviewers were very friendly and appreciated when individuals asked good questions at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time in which you had to make a challenging decision with little or no information   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Shreveport, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at International Paper (Shreveport, LA) in October 2017.

Interview

There was an on-campus interview, then I received a "golden ticket" to go to their huge on-site recruiting event. There were 70+ applicants and over 140 recruiters. The first day there was a job-fair style event where you got to see all of the different mills and see which ones you liked before you ranked them all on your preference list. The second day was a mill tour, then two interviews and a group activity in which they monitor how you work in a group. After the interviews you eat dinner and they sit you next to a recruiter from your top priority mill.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when __________. Basic behavioral questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Starkville, MS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at International Paper (Starkville, MS) in October 2017.

Interview

Met employer for first time face-to-face at Career Fair at college campus, got a request to schedule an interview through Career Center about 1 week later. The face-to-face interview was 2 weeks after Career Fair, and it lasted about 30 minutes

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you showed leadership   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at International Paper.

Interview

I went through temp agency for a direct hire position. There is testing done before interview. If you have worked in manufacturing before it will be easy for you., questions are based on procedures and capabilitity of analyzing to problem solve. Are you motivated or lazy? If you pass you proceed to interview.
    They just want to hear that your skills match there job requirements, plain and simple. Easy interview... now get ready to work rotating shifts and tons of hours!

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work all shifts and all hours , plus 12 hour days?   1 Answer

Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at International Paper (Gainesville, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

Met recruiter at career fair and was called back for interview the next day. Interview was about 20 minutes asking very general interview questions. Situational and behavioral interview questions relating to working with people from different backgrounds.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for our company?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Starkville, MS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at International Paper (Starkville, MS) in September 2017.

Interview

Recruiters came on campus and invited students to group Interviews which were casual dinner events and then one-on-one interviews followed shortly after. If you make it past these round you will do a blitz event in Memphis.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you exceeded your expectations   1 Answer

Engineering Coop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at International Paper (Jackson, MS) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied through my university's career center. Interviewed at my university ~5 days after the career fair, and received a job offer later that day. They asked mostly behavioral questions about dealing with conflict and working with others in a group setting.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach/handle working with operators who have been at the plant for several years?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at International Paper (Memphis, TN) in September 2017.

Interview

The whole process took around 2 weeks. I applied to International Paper through a hiring agency. They submitted my resume for the position. The next day (Thursday) I got a call for an interview for the following Wednesday. Day of the interview I met with 4 people. Easy interview, asked about experience and relation to job duties. Got a call Tuesday for an offer.