International Paper Interview Questions | Glassdoor

International Paper Interview Questions

Updated Feb 1, 2018

2.8

Regional Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at International Paper.

Interview

After submitting online, I was contacted by a "recruiter" to complete an online questionnaire. The questionnaire consisted of basic screening questions about pay, relocation, etc. A week later, I was contacted for an interview by the same recruiter.

I was told that I was a highly south after candidate and should be receiving a call for another interview in about 1-2 weeks. Never heard anything. I followed up with the recruiter and all I got was radio silence for about 4 weeks. Never follow up. I was confident that the recruiter was a professional as his online network portrays, but being ghosted was anything but professional. I recommend recruiters be trained on properly rejecting a candidate rather than radio silence.

Interview Questions

• Review your work experience and history as it may pertain to this position.   Answer Question

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at International Paper (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2017.

Interview

Very professional. Very forthcoming about the job description and the expectations. Gave brief company description with history and market place. It was clear that my resume/cover letter had been carefully reviewed before being considered for the position.

Interview Questions

• How I felt about working in a role that I may have been overqualified for?   Answer Question

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shreveport, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at International Paper (Shreveport, LA) in December 2017.

Interview

The interview process was straight forward, took over 2 months to get called in for testing, after you pass your test the call you in for a interview 2-3 weeks later. The interview process wasn't stressful at all. They make sure you comfortable and help you with whatever you need.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to apply safety rules?   1 Answer

Summer Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at International Paper (Memphis, TN) in November 2017.

Interview

First heard of them at a university sponsored career fair. Talked to the recruiter and turned in a resume for them to review. Received a call to schedule an interview in the next few days and it was all behavioral questions. Received an offer to go to round two of interviews in Memphis in about a month. Flew me out and showed me around the city and had a dinner networking event before interviews the next day. The final interviews were three separate 45 minute interviews with two employees. All three interviews had identical questions which were all behavioral.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you had to overcome a difficult situation in a team setting?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at International Paper.

Interview

I was first contacted by a local HR rep who scheduled a phone interview. The phone interview was with a couple of managers and the region HR manager. Next, I was invited to an in-person panel interview. This interview was with the CS manager, a couple of other functional managers, and the local HR rep. After that, I was invited to a final interview with an area manager.

Interview Questions

• You take a call from an individual inquiring about the company's products, what approach would you take in assisting the client?   1 Answer

REACH Engineer Interview

Interview

Spoke to a recruiter at a career fair and immediately got an interview the next day. The initial interview had 3 people who interviewed you, and they mostly asked behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience when one of your weaknesses turned out to be strength.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at International Paper (Champaign, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview was with a man and woman, both had a set list of questions they wanted to ask, and did not divert from them. Interviewers were very friendly and appreciated when individuals asked good questions at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time in which you had to make a challenging decision with little or no information   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Shreveport, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at International Paper (Shreveport, LA) in October 2017.

Interview

There was an on-campus interview, then I received a "golden ticket" to go to their huge on-site recruiting event. There were 70+ applicants and over 140 recruiters. The first day there was a job-fair style event where you got to see all of the different mills and see which ones you liked before you ranked them all on your preference list. The second day was a mill tour, then two interviews and a group activity in which they monitor how you work in a group. After the interviews you eat dinner and they sit you next to a recruiter from your top priority mill.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when __________. Basic behavioral questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Starkville, MS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at International Paper (Starkville, MS) in October 2017.

Interview

Met employer for first time face-to-face at Career Fair at college campus, got a request to schedule an interview through Career Center about 1 week later. The face-to-face interview was 2 weeks after Career Fair, and it lasted about 30 minutes

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you showed leadership   1 Answer

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Joseph, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at International Paper (Saint Joseph, MO) in October 2017.

Interview

Heard from IP a month after I applied. Interviewed a week after the phone call. It was supposed to be a panel interview but ended up being just 1 person. Everyone applying for the position each got 1 chance to interview and that was it. Mine lasted 45 minutes and questions were all behavioral except for a few questions about experience listed on my resume. Interviewer did NOT read my resume before we met.

Interview Questions

• How do you maintain confidentiality?   1 Answer