International Paper Interview Questions | Glassdoor

International Paper Interview Questions

Updated Jul 17, 2018

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at International Paper.

Interview

I went through temp agency for a direct hire position. There is testing done before interview. If you have worked in manufacturing before it will be easy for you., questions are based on procedures and capabilitity of analyzing to problem solve. Are you motivated or lazy? If you pass you proceed to interview.
    They just want to hear that your skills match there job requirements, plain and simple. Easy interview... now get ready to work rotating shifts and tons of hours!

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work all shifts and all hours , plus 12 hour days?   1 Answer

Corporate Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at International Paper (Memphis, TN).

Interview

The process was very long and thorough. It took over two months and with four interviews ( two phone screens, and two face - to - face interviews on site, including VP. I can appreciate the process but there was no follow up unless it was prompted. The final outcome was disappointing after over two and half months but understandable.

Interview Questions

• It was behavioral based so there was nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at International Paper (Memphis, TN) in October 2011.

Interview

I went through the Company's interview process for upcoming college graduates. I attended the interview dinner the night before and 3 interviews the next day. All of the questions asked were primarily behavioral and about the Company. I found the process to be great overall. I ended up getting an offer from International Paper but had already accepted another one.

Interview Questions

I had already accepted another offer by the time I received the one from IP.

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at International Paper (Memphis, TN) in December 2009.

Interview

First you are screened on campus. Then when you are selected for second round interviews you have to interview with 5 different people as well as have mixers and lunch w/ someone from the company. The interviews are all situation based ie tell me about a time when you faced a challenge and how did you work through it, etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you were dealing with someone who was being challenging. How did you obtain the results/objectives you were looking for?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I would not advise negotiating. If you have a masters degree you maybe offered the max salary for an new hire so there is no room for negotiation. There maybe small room for negotiating if you have a B.S., but I wouldn't push it too much. Proably only have a max of $5K range to increase it to.

Software Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at International Paper in March 2017.

Interview

Recruiter scheduled a phone interview after two months of submitting resume for full time position and it went well.
    HR contacted to arrange onsite interview availability, after that no response from anyone, and after a month they informed that they are going with a contractor later on to hire , instead of full time position.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at International Paper.

Interview

one on one
     Share your interview experience insights with job seekers so that they can know what to expect from the hiring process.

We review and approve every submission against our Community Guidelines before it is published to the site..

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at International Paper in September 2016.

Interview

There were two interviewers and it took place on college campus. Very relaxed. They asked behavior questions and carried on conversations well. It was one man and one woman. They were both from the auditing department if I rember correctly.

Interview Questions

• The interview I signed up for was an full time analyst, but the email that told me I did not get the offer stated it was for the auditing internship. There was some confusion as to what the interview was for   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at International Paper (Memphis, TN) in November 2016.

Interview

First interview was on campus(October). They asked general get to know you interview questions, nothing too specific. It was more "Tell me about a time" type of questions. Received an email about a week and a half later inviting me to go for a second interview in Memphis. Flew in on a Thursday(November). On Friday, I had 4 separate interviews with different IT managers. Same types of "tell me a time" questions as in the first interview with a few more slightly technical questions, but more like "do you have experience with this" type of questions. After the interviews, we went on a tour around Memphis, went to dinner, and then flew home Saturday morning.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you knew what needed to be done but no one would hear you, how did this result?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stillwater, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at International Paper (Stillwater, OK) in October 2015.

Interview

Pretty simple mainly went through the college they seem to be only hiring local people for internships. They were easy to talk to, and they didn't have the looking at you with a microscope kind of attitude. The interview was formatted with having a list of questions and you respond.

Interview Questions

• The company has people that work with a high school education. How well do you think that you can explain processes or problem solutions to the employee?   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at International Paper (Cedar Rapids, IA) in February 2018.

Interview

IP posted a job via multiple job sites looking to fill this particular position. I responded via their company website for the application and received an invite for a phone interview. The phone interview was with the actual hiring manager versus through the HR firewall, so that was nice. Because of the complexity of the job, I believe it was important for them to convey that is was not a typical "IT Manager" job before assessing the skillset of the candidate. That also served as a great way to learn more detail than you would normally about the position and the company. The normal path was three interviews and a final walk through interview since the three qualifying interviews were all phone based. The third level interview was a conference call with multiple managers across the U.S. The interview process was very professional and thorough. IP was also very communicative during the process and transparent on where you were in the competition for the position.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you were unable to complete a project as promised and had to convey the information to upper management and what was the result?   Answer Question
    • What are you most proud of in regards to your last employment?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at International Paper (Memphis, TN) in February 2017.

Interview

Pretty relaxed interview, but challenging at the same time. I applied, got notified of the interview request, and met with two individuals. The interview was a pretty standard interview.

Interview Questions

• When was a time where you had to express an unpopular opinion?   Answer Question