Macquarie Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 23, 2018

3.1

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Houston, TX).

Interview

30 minute phone interview with the hiring manager and one other person. Came onsite to do multiple interviews of about 30-60 minutes, mixture of hiring manager and others. Then several hour psychometric assessment test using browser onsite.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

Got the interview through my recruiter, the company sounded interesting (although the compensation they are offering for this position is significantly lower than industry standard). Met with the office manager and a senior HR manager. Great, conversational interview - they were very warm and professional. I spent about 30 minutes with each.

Junior Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

I applied by online and process took 3+ weeks. Interviews were fine and easy. First, I had a phone interview and 30 minutes on-site interview. I took their assessment test and was planned to meet with the Senior manager, but meanwhile, HR told me that they moved forward with candidates. They are kind, but once I didn't get hired, everyone disappeared and have not replied my email.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2018.

Interview

The interview process was very low pressure. It was mostly behavioral and the interviewers were kind. The interview placed a lot of focus on getting to you as a person and what you want to get out of the program over the summer.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview

Interview process is very long and includes personality/logic/math test. Very unorganized. At least once the offer came in everything was pretty clear. This is to get my answer to the 30 word minimum.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Phila, PA) in January 2018.

Interview

The process took 4-Months. Applied online and heard back from HR 1-2 weeks later. First round phone interview was with a Resource Coordinator out of FL. The interview was straightforward and She asked wide breadth and depth questions about my experiences and background. There were some mild technical questions asked but nothing too tricky. A week later I was invited for a second round phone interview with the Front Office Recruiter out of NYC. This phone interview was more of a conversation with straightforward depth questions into my background and experiences. I heard back within a few days that I will be participating in another phone interview with my direct manager. This phone screening was relaxed. The manager asked personal questions and preferences to figure out your personality. Such questions were asked, "what type of operating system do you use?" ,"What is the lastest non-business book you've read", "what do you like to do in your spare time." and "What sports do you like to follow?." After the screening, I heard back after a week asking to come in for a fourth round group interview with some of the associates and middle-level managers. The group interview was long (+2 hours) and was pretty relaxed. The managers were some great people, and the interview was more of a discussion. They asked a lot of questions to see if you aline to the role as well as an overall a personality fit for the team. I did not hear back for another 2.5 weeks. HR reached out to schedule a fifth-round interview with directors and SVPs. The breadth and depth questions were in full effect, and you need to be on your A+ game for these guys/girls. I was not asked to take an IQ or personality test as described in another post. Those test should be conducted face to face and not through a computer! Overal, I enjoyed speaking with everyone. The only issue I have is lang between the interview processes. Survival of the fittest!

Interview Questions

• What is the most recent book you've read?   1 Answer
    • What are your weaknesses?   1 Answer
    • What would you do in this situation and how would you help your client?   Answer Question

Vice President Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

Applied online, Contacted within a week or two by recruiter who set up in-person interview with the very pleasant hiring manager. Then was ghosted completely. Never heard from anyone again. It's been two months plus.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

Phone interview. In-person interview.

My experience interviewing with Macquarie was overall pleasant. They tested my skills during the interviews, had me hand-write a few queries, and go over my resume/experience. The office was very formal and corporate, but the organization as a whole struck me as more relaxed than the typical finance firm.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

I was contacted for a brief interview over the phone. There were 4 people interviewing me. Mostly behavioral questions. They were interested in why I wanted to do finance and what made me decide so.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2017.

Interview

I had an interview with Macquarie Asset Management. I went thru a recruiting agency. Had a telephone interview. Open ended questions to determine my Project Management knowledge.. it went off well and they insisted that I come to the Philadelphia office for a Face to Face..whole day meeting to meet about 7 people. I was surprised they did not have any Project Management Process in place . I thought the interview went off well , but the feedback I got from the staffing firm was they liked my Project and Program Management background background but it was not a cultural fit, whatever that means...I don't know