Macquarie Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Macquarie Group Interview Questions

Updated Jan 20, 2018

3.1

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview

Interview process is very long and includes personality/logic/math test. Very unorganized. At least once the offer came in everything was pretty clear. This is to get my answer to the 30 word minimum.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

I was contacted for a brief interview over the phone. There were 4 people interviewing me. Mostly behavioral questions. They were interested in why I wanted to do finance and what made me decide so.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2017.

Interview

I had an interview with Macquarie Asset Management. I went thru a recruiting agency. Had a telephone interview. Open ended questions to determine my Project Management knowledge.. it went off well and they insisted that I come to the Philadelphia office for a Face to Face..whole day meeting to meet about 7 people. I was surprised they did not have any Project Management Process in place . I thought the interview went off well , but the feedback I got from the staffing firm was they liked my Project and Program Management background background but it was not a cultural fit, whatever that means...I don't know

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview

The interview process includes self-introduction, walking through CV, behavioral questions, technical questions and small on-site questions. The interviewers were nice and may tell you about the way to answer those questions in case you get stuck.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Two rounds, one phone interview one super day. People are friendly and mostly behavioral questions. Superdays are two rounds. one behavioral one technical. They talk about their culture a lot and is pretty big on infrasturcture.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

This was for the women's diversity program, which is part of MAC's accelerating recruiting scheme. I received the email asking for a phone screen when I was on my flight back to school so I had minimum time to prepare for it.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

90 minute phone call with Australia, 2 hour in person interview, 3 hour general education test.

The timed IQ tests I consider silly unless you're coming out of school... Other than that it's a pretty standard process. A little bit easy as they don't ask you to complete a project (which I personally consider the best coding assessment you can give someone)

Interview Questions

• Implement a Queue with two stacks   1 Answer
    • What is the run time for a queue and dequeue operation   1 Answer

IT Support Analyst - Trade Floor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Saw posting on Macquarie website, and applied. Got an email a few weeks later, asking me to come in for interview consisting of real-time technical support scenarios, and a 5 minute presentation of a topic of my choice & how it can be applied to Macquarie. Went in for the interview, and did the scenarios & presentation. Got a response back a few days later, asking me to come back in for final round interview. Did a psychometric exam, consisting of math, verbal, and personality questions. I then met with most of the team, and answered various technical, situational, and personality questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if a Head Trader comes to you and says he can't log on to his machine, a group of traders come to with an OMS system down issue, and another trader coming to you with a printer issue? All of them at the same time.   Answer Question

Incident Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Houston, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone call with managers, if you pass then another manager interview with Australian manager, then personality test.

They will not give the courtesy email on process updates. This was 2nd time interviewing with Macquarie, Their NYC HR recruiter promised to respond if declined. Both times they refused to respond to polite inquiries. First time I made it thru interviews and invited to take their version of a personality test, but employee referral quit so assumed I was blackballed.
    I was invited 2 years later to interview after another employee referred me, but since I was associated to someone that quit I assume it happened again after I did my phone interview.

Interview Questions

• review prior work experience and how it applies to the position   1 Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

First I got a phone interview and in person interview at Philadelphia location. First they tested the programming skills in SQL and C#.

Then interviewed with business analyst and finally senior management interviewed checked out whether you fit to the position.

Interview Questions

• Database SQL about union of two tables as well as SQL Plans that get generated for various options.   Answer Question