Macquarie Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Macquarie Group Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2018

3.1

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

was a good round of technocal interviews. Work seemed challenging

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I was called for an initial screening by an off-site hiring consultant. We spoke briefly about the position and to see if I was a good fit for the role and the company. After about five days or so, I was contacted by the hiring manager to meet in Manhattan for an interview with two members of the team.

I met with both gentlemen and we spoke briefly about the role and my desires that were geared toward this specific role. As an entry-level position with no real experience necessary, they did not delve into nor desire to hear much regarding my schooling nor my experience as a post-grad.

Given the position, I would have more than likely taken it, but I felt like I was not welcome very much from the beginning. My answers to their questions never really seemed quite up to snuff and I felt quite debased each time I answered. I've had a variety of different experiences on interviews, but I'd have to say, this wasn't the best one by any stretch.

Interview Questions

• Some experts and individuals within the industry say that the S&P 500 is overvalued, what are your thoughts on this? And why?   Answer Question
    • What is the square root of 10,000,000?   1 Answer
    • How many windows are in New York City?   1 Answer
    • Tell me something interesting about yourself. Tell me something interesting in general.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview

Interview process is very long and includes personality/logic/math test. Very unorganized. At least once the offer came in everything was pretty clear. This is to get my answer to the 30 word minimum.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY) in March 2008.

Interview

I was contacted by a headhunter. After a few telephone interviews and a trip to London I was offered the chance to take a 3 hour exam. I was offered a job immediately thereafter.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I held out for a signing bonus and got it.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

90 minute phone call with Australia, 2 hour in person interview, 3 hour general education test.

The timed IQ tests I consider silly unless you're coming out of school... Other than that it's a pretty standard process. A little bit easy as they don't ask you to complete a project (which I personally consider the best coding assessment you can give someone)

Interview Questions

• Implement a Queue with two stacks   1 Answer
    • What is the run time for a queue and dequeue operation   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in November 2016. Fairly pleasant experience overall, however I received a better offer which I opted to take.

Interview Questions

• First I got a phone interview and in person interview at Philadelphia location. First they tested the programming skills in Java and SQL.

Then interviewed with business analyst and finally senior management interviewed checked out whether you fit to the position.   1 Answer

See above.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY).

Interview

On campus recruiting like all other banks, then first round interviews on campus with a girl from HR or a relatively junior person, then took some ridiculously long assessment test, then final round superday at the company office (3-4 interviews, 30 min each). They did draw out the process a lot longer than I would have liked, but they gave me two weeks to decide and let me pick my start date the following summer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work specifically at Macquarie? (didn't know much about the firm when I applied)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Standard analyst contract

Analyst Interview

Interview

Two phone interviews, Psychometric Test, Several face to face interviews

Interview Questions

• How would you hedge credit risk?   1 Answer

Negotiation

some

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY) in August 2007.

Interview

2 phone call + 2 on-site +1 simple computer test, quite easy compared with other banks, just some behavioral and motivation questions

Quality of staffs and company culture are mediocre, but try to convince them that Macquarie will be your dedicated choice if hired

Interview Questions

Negotiation

This is a graduate job with a standard package, so they give me the offer one week after interview without much negotiation

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Did campus recruiting. Two rounds. Fairly low-pressure. Asked a couple of brain-teasers and some fit questions. Didn't ask many technicals. First interview was with two analysts, then the super day had an interview with a VP and an MD, then another one with a VP.

Interview Questions

• What group I wanted to be in.   1 Answer