Cover image for Macquarie Group

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Macquarie Group Interview Questions

Updated Nov 30, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,104 of over 1.1K interviews

3.1
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Macquarie Group

Macquarie Group

Application

I interviewed at Macquarie Group

Interview

Nice experience overall ! Good learning curve Perks and Benefits Free food Work life balance is good Overall Nice experience Good pay and Bonuses Nice experince enjoyed my time here

Interview Questions
  • Why Macquarie and this role?
    Answer Question

Macquarie Group

Application

I interviewed at Macquarie Group

Interview

Be well prepared on the key selection criteria and job description as interview questions are based on this and in addition behavourial type questions, this is a big component of the interview

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Macquarie Group

Join the conversation on

Asset / Investment Management

4m

works at

Macquarie Group

How many yoe is typical to reach VP level these days? I always thought it was 2 years analyst -> 2-3 years associate -> VP for the TOP performers. Seeing people online I know with 3 yoe getting vp or 2 yoe getting AVP. Macquarie seems to be a slower pace in general and has an additional “manager” level before “sr manager” (our VP equivalent). Love working here and have been successful so far but if career progression is much quicker elsewhere I might think about a change…

2 Comments

Finance

109.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Macquarie Group~12088
Join the conversation on

Macquarie Group

Application

I interviewed at Macquarie Group

Interview

Basic get to know you first round, feeling for culture fit. If you get past this you’re brought in for an iq test. If your score is sufficient you take an in person examination followed by a final round interview (another culture fit interview)

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Macquarie Group

Application

I interviewed at Macquarie Group

Interview

there’s 4 steps (HR, manager, test, manager in person, directors) Relatively chill team however the psychometric test is quite challenging. Suggest running some mock test first But the interview doesn’t get to technical

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Macquarie Group

Application

I interviewed at Macquarie Group

Interview

I am still in the process. I have completed online psychometric assessment, and one case study. No detailed information shared by the HR which I need to follow up next week.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Macquarie Group

Application

I interviewed at Macquarie Group

Interview

Online interview, repeated types of questions, not many behavioral questions, some technical questions and mindset problems. It has more questions than usually other companies does. Need to do good research about the company culture.

Interview Questions
  • You have got two candles and each candle will burn for half an hour. You are put in dark room with a match stick.You have to measure exactly 45 minutes and come out of the room. Explain how you reached your answer and any assumptions that you have made.

Macquarie Group

Application

I interviewed at Macquarie Group

Interview

Thorough and positive. They were very responsive in setting up the first interview and then shortly after the first interview I underwent psychometric testing before being called in for a second interview.

Interview Questions
  • Asked about why I was leaving previous role and why I wanted to leave consulting

Macquarie Group

Application

I interviewed at Macquarie Group

Interview

Long process - I had an initial interview, a round of psychometric tests followed by 2 further separate interviews. Average response times at every stage but overall a very positive experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Macquarie Group

Application

I interviewed at Macquarie Group

Interview

Clear communication and good guidance throughout the process. Personality test and assessment of numerical abilities up front. HR interview and three subsequent interviews with the hiring manager and team members.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Manila, Manila

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Manila, Manila) in Oct 2022

Interview

Process: Psychometric test (logical, verbal, numerical, and personality test), 1 interview with a manager, and a final interview with a senior manager and director. The psychometric test was personally the hardest. The interviews on the other hand were pleasant, as they were very conversational. Just be ready to answer why you fit into the role.

Interview Questions
  • Why did you apply? How did you end up here? Tell me about your thesis.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,104 Interviews

Macquarie Group Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Macquarie Group as 57.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 3.09 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Investment Banking Analyst and Intern rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Summer Analyst and Analyst roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Macquarie Group takes an average of 28 days when considering 458 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Investment Banking Analyst had the quickest hiring process (on average 15 days), whereas Analyst roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 23 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Macquarie Group according to 458 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 17.55%