Macy's Part-Time Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 5, 2017

2.2

67 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Towson, MD).

Interview

The interviewer asked questions about previous jobs why did I leave and how long was I there and also about your work ethic. One question was to give an example on when you had to deal with an angry customer .

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Honolulu, HI) in December 2016.

Interview

They asked what approaches I would use to help customers and what I would do to make their shopping experience more enjoyable. They asked what positive experience I had as a shopper and how that salesperson helped me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temple, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Temple, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Position was filled within the company itself too quick already. I was offered to apply for sales manager position instead based on my experience. The sales manager who interviewed me was nice to offer the position. It was quick since position was filled but I got to apply for other position.

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Macy's in May 2016.

Interview

The application process was simple and easy. Got an email 3 days later to come and do an interview. I picked the first time available. Waited with other people who apparently had the same time-slots. They called me in about 45 minutes late. I was told the hiring manager wasn't there so another person had to do the interviews. She was friendly and seemed to be pleased with my answers. After asking what my avaialabilty was, she said she'd pass on the application to the HR. I felt positive that I'd get the job until a week later I received a rejection email. Overall, the process could have been worse.

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Applied and received interview schedule one week after. Interview was done inside a back room and was relatively average. The interviewer asked questions off of a list and asked questions said by other users on the site.

Interview Questions

• How would you help a customer if you are already doing another task?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Ann Arbor, MI) in November 2015.

Interview

Standard interview process.How well do you work under pressure. Can you work nights and weekends.Will you help your co-work if they need help. How well do you get along with others.

Interview Questions

• Is it important to have friends at work.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Pleasanton, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I arrived 1 hour early prior to my interview appointment. I wanted to come early just in case I had to fill out any paperwork (I didn't) or maybe could get interviewed sooner. I waited the whole hour until my appointment came and was interviewed 15 minutes after my appointment time. The interview went really smoothly and the person who interviewed me was very casual! He asked me 4 questions and I was really comfortable. I gave him very detailed answers and included a lot of examples when he asked me two questions of "if.... what would you do?" and I felt like the interview went perfectly. I asked two questions at the end, he told me to wait for a while and he came back into the room with paperwork which I filled out, and then concluded the interview process with a "Welcome to the team!" I was interviewed today and told to come back tomorrow for my training day 1. I assume I got the position and was hired on spot!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate my starting salary (minimum wage). I applied for a seasonal job so I was told that it's also non-commissional. If you want to work for Macy's, definitely do your research and find out if their pay/hours are convenient or work for you. I didn't get the hours I wanted, however I'm still very satisfied that I got the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Tacoma, WA).

Interview

The interview process is easy. They ask you basic questions and usually hire you on the spot. However, DO NOT tell them if you are in the national guard/reserves. Apparently Macys does not support the military. At the end of my interview she asked me if I was in the reserves (an illegal interview question) and after I told her that I was, she informed me that she needed someone "more available". Macy's should be ashamed.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell a Macys card?   Answer Question
    • Q: How would you help a customer celebrate their purchase?   1 Answer
    • How would you greet a customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Victorville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macy's (Victorville, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online via a job employment site a32nd received an email from Macy's for an interview the next day. I arrived 15 minutes early and dressed professional. I wore a black blazer and matching pencil skirt with black flats and a turquoise purse. I wore no jewelry and the only makeup I wore was a bold lipstick. I was very shy and nervous but friendly and enthusiastic. I was led to a room by a manager to have a one-on-one interview and she asked me questions such as "Why do you want to work at Macy's". I said because I love what they offer at Macy's and that it's a respectable business. She asked about a time I had to work as a team. She showed me the different dates that are the most busy. In retail, the more hours you clock in, the more money. I really thought I failed the interview. It was my first. But four days later I was called in for a JOB OFFER. AND it was a permanent position. Of course I accepted it. She wrote my training and working salary..$9/he which is amazing. I start orientation/training next Monday. Make sure you bring in your i-9 documentation such as your ID and birth certificate. Always dress professional. Wear dark colors when it comes to Macy's, whether it's an interview or when you start working. Burgundy, navy blue, black, dark brown, etc. Stick with that. Be presentable and hustle for those hours!

Always Be punctual and keep yourself busy whether it's cleaning the fitting rooms, sticking, anything. And always try to cover other people's shifts whenever possible. Work hard!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to work as a team   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Athens, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Athens, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

Didn't take long at all and all the people who talked to me were very friendly and nice. They asked pretty normal questions and I came prepared so I had a good idea of what to say to impress.

Interview Questions

• Whats your retail experience?   1 Answer