Macy's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

6,033 Interview Reviews

2.2

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Riverside, CA).

Interview

The process was rather fast. She asked me why I wanted to work for the company while walking to the interviewing room. She also asked about availability.I felt like the interview process was more of a fast pace. I think she looked at my previous experience and thought I would be a good candidate. I still have to interview with the brand although she gave me to brand options. From there I am supposed to interview with the talent plus?

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you lead a team what did you do what was the outcome?
      How do you feel about touching peoples faces?
      How would you sell me a Macys credit card?
      How would you make customers come back to you?
      How would you sell a specific product to me and have it in my basket to take home?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Telephone interview with a soft spoken and reassuring staff recruiting representative. The interview lasted about 20 or 30 minutes. I spoke about my previous experience. Also I was asked where I have learned about the job opportunity.

Interview Questions

• How would I deal with a colleague who I think is not taking their fair deal of responsibilities.   1 Answer

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

It was quick and easy. They ask basic questions like why do you want to work in Macy's and they want you to talk about your previous job experiences. You get your answer if you are not accepted or not.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Quick easy interview, great for first time interview, Simple questions and was a one on one interview. Be prepared to answer questions about past experiences similar to the position that you are applying for. Reference real life situations that may describe your work ethic

Interview Questions

• Name a time you came in contact with an unsatisfied customer and what would you/ did you do?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Set up an interview time online, which is convenient. Interview was short and to the point. Found out results within a few days. Simple questions and easy to answer

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Interview was fast to be scheduled once referred. The interview lasted about 30minutes in person and onsite. Offered the position on the spot, but did not call me to come in to work a shift. Had to call once a week for a month asking when my start day was- always got a voicemail, never an actual person on the phone.

Interview Questions

• If I can count easily to 100.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

it was fairly easy 2 interviews . they have you come in and meet the department manager, once you meet with them, if they like you you'll get a 2nd interview with 2 managers. they ask questions about your resume.

Interview Questions

• if I have any experience in retail?   1 Answer

Assistant Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was fairly standard. I had an initial phone screening and then set up an in-person interview. However, during the in-person interview I was informed that the position had already been given to someone from within the company.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online to the position. The next day got an email that i would be interviewed over the phone today. Unfortunately, i missed the call and later received an automatic email to call at the given number for interview. I called the "job application helpline" and talked to the representative and she asked if i am willing to take interview at the moment, which i accepted. Answer all the questions and whole processes lasted about 15min. Then she offered me the job. Informed me about onboarding process, pay rate and details like employee discount etc.. Easy questions, basically everything depends upon your availability and if you are available for anytime 95% you will get the job.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to macys?   Answer Question
    • do you have any idea what you would be doing as a retail support?   Answer Question
    • describe a time when someone in the team was not taking full load. how did you deal with the situation and what was a the result.   Answer Question
    • tell me if you find any team member, macys employee or customer, stealing a product, how would react to the situation ?   Answer Question
    • describe a time when you had to take a decision without any supervision available.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Houston, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

After submitting an application online, I was sent an email to schedule myself for an interview. The interviewer went through a list of basic questions about background, experience and why I wanted to work for Macy's. After the interview concluded, she offered me a position and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work for Macy's.   1 Answer