Macy's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

6,228 Interview Reviews

2.2

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Covina, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (West Covina, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online on a Thursday, got an email the next day about setting up an interview. I got to pick what time and day I wanted to be interviewed. I chose the upcoming Tuesday and I now have a job at Macy's! The interview was about 15 minutes long and the interviewer was really nice and friendly, she left the room for about a minute to review my answers and came back and offered me the position I applied for. She then told me I would receive a call to set up orientation and training, I received the call the next day! (:

Interview Questions

• Describe the position you applied for, and what you think your duties will be for that position?   1 Answer

Seasonal Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I applied online and received an email a day later stating they wanted me to come in for an interview. The interview was about 15 to 20 minutes. They asked general customer service questions. I never worked in retail so that is probably one reason why I was not offered the job. Even though the job qualifications state that you do not have to have retail experience, I think you would have a better chance of being hired if you previously worked in retail. I think another reason is due to applying a little later than others. They probably already had people in mind of who they've wanted to hire at that time. I would definitely say that reviewing the interview questions on here helped tremendously because they were all similar to the questions asked during the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince a customer to buy a particular product over another product?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Auburn, MA).

Interview

Applied and was emailed an interview opportunity the next day. Process was rather quick and easy. Interview only lasted 10 min and was offered the position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Discribe a time where you disagreed with a coworker or peer. How did you handle the situation and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle stressful situations? Provide an example   Answer Question

Executive Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Process included a career fair, an on-campus information session (which we were highly advised to attend if we wanted an interview), an on-campus meet & greet, an online assessment, 2 on-campus interviews, and a 2 day final on-site interview in San Francisco.

Macy's went out of their way to make us feel welcomed and appreciated throughout the entire process. The company truly cares for all its candidates and it shows. Out of the 8+ companies that I've interviewed at, Macy's is #1 when it comes to treating their candidates well. The 2 day onsite interview was a blast! The first day was spent learning about the company, meeting people, and having a fun dinner with a few employees. The second day consists of 4 interviews. The first 2 are standard one on one behavioral interviews while the last 2 are presentations/group exercises where you are evaluated on your leadership, reasoning, and public speaking skills.

Interview Questions

• A question regarding dealing with difficult people   Answer Question
    • Case question that required to you to pick a stance based off of given information and then presenting it to the group   Answer Question
    • A group exercise dealing with conflict resolution and leadership   Answer Question

Producer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

The interview process started out with a recruiter phone interview then a phone interview with the hiring manager. Then an in person interview with multiple people of various seniority level.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

I applied online and about a week after I got an email inviting to interview. It was very easy interview. The person who interviewed me just read the question script. She asked me if I want to accept this position right away.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Got email the following day that am not offer the job and that was it . I applied for another position but was never call for an interview . I still don’t know why I was not offered the job

Interview Questions

Interview

I was asked a few questions it was a quick and easy process. The ppl were nice and gave me a training date on the spot. I think it will be a great place to work part time and while I’m in school

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Began with a recruiter phone screening, next I was invited in to meet with Human Resources Manager and the hiring supervisor. There was approximately 2 weeks in between the last interview and the offer the recruiter kept me informed along the way.

Seasonal Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Douglasville, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Douglasville, GA) in December 2017.

Interview

Very simple . Arrived on time . Was greeted by my interviewer. She was really nice and cool. I answered about 5-6 questions. It is one on one. She liked me So I was hired on spot.