Macy's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in June 2018.

Interview

Got an over the phone interview. The interviewer was super nice and helped me feel comfortable. The questions were relatively easy and after, I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How many years of customer service/sales experience do you have?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Orlando, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

You apply online. A manager or HR will contact you and let you know you were selected for an interview. The interview takes place in the store. If you are selected right away they will ask you to turn in required paper work if not they will contact you later. And then... welcome to Macy's!

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience you had at a Macy's and what did you like about it?   1 Answer
    • You are assigned to a specific department, but a customer needs help in an area outside your department. How can you help them?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macy's (Pleasanton, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Easy interview, be confident fast process with nice people just be yourself. They ask a lot of standard questions so just be prepared. They ask about past experiences a lot so having practiced them before is probably the best.

Anonymous Employee in Alderwood Manor, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Alderwood Manor, WA) in June 2011.

Interview

I filled out an online application a few days later they called to schedule me for an interview. The day of my interview I checked in 15 minutes early and ended up waiting 45 minutes to an hour till a girl walking by noticed me and asked if I had been seen yet. Apparently they had forgotten about me... Once I got to sit down with a manager she seem to had taken a liking to me and hired me on as a sales associate for her department that day.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2015.

Interview

I was invited to interview from another store when I researched job openings. We had a brief phone interview and was invited in for an interview. Assistant mgr joined with the store manager and spent an hour with me. Hired the next week.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were faced with an unhappy customer. How did you handle it?   1 Answer

Interview

Fairly simple process, they just ask you your experience in retail and how you will handle customers. Just be honest and truthful, it is a very simple interview but of course express you excitement to work there.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is one of the best thing to do with a customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Oak Brook, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

went into store and waited 20 minutes to be interviewed for shoe department.

Interview Questions

• why do i want to work on commission   1 Answer
    • what do I like about retail?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laguna Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Laguna Hills, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Must apply via the internet. I was contacted 1 week later for a face-to-face interview w/personnel. It was a one-on-one type screening interview. Representative said it went well and was going to setup a follow up interview with the cosemetic manager and myself. I am waiting for either an email or call to go to the next interview level.

Interview Questions

• Have I ever said anything that offended someone and how did I handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Very pleasant interview. Manager was engaging,. Sincere and interested in who I am and what I could contribute. He was extremely polite and attentive without being pretentious. Interview asked appropriate questions
    Odviously very intelligent with knowledge of the products in hie department.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very straightforward . Professional, not a lot of unnecessary chatter.

Anonymous Employee in Chula Vista, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Chula Vista, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

I applied in October, right when they began hiring for the holiday season. They emailed me within 3 days of submitting the application to schedule an interview. I was able to choose a date and time and arrived 20 minutes before my interview to talk to some of the employees and to calm my nerves. I was called in and the manager asked me who are you, why do you want to work for Macy's, and then a question about how I would help a customer who comes looking for a certain pair of jeans. I answered and she told me she wanted me to interview with the women's shoe manager for that position. I came in the next day and was asked what I would do if I didn't have an item the customer wanted. I answered, he said okay, and got my paperwork.

Interview Questions

• A customer comes in looking for a pair of jeans, that isn't your department, so what do you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non negotiable salary-base pay and commission after that

Commission Sales- Big Ticket Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Macy's (Frisco, TX) in August 2008.

Interview

Basic job interest is gathered in a computerized application process. Prospective candidates are screened through basic Human Resources analysis matching qualified applicants with hiring priorities. Managers interview qualified individuals for their area of supervision. Once hired, there is ongoing assessment and daily observation. Performance is measured with accountability for application of skills and appropriate procedures. Management focuses on response to challenges and achievement of goals. Consistent outstanding performance in sales, service and loyalty are routinely coached with high expectaions for achievement. Successful associates are promoted to higher levels of responsibility in accordance with their career goals.

Interview Questions

• How much of the deficiency in areas outside your direct responsibility are you willing to suppliment with your own performance to assure the team has an outstanding overall result?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Absolutely confidential.