Macy's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

6,269 Interview Reviews

2.2

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Covina, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (West Covina, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online on a Thursday, got an email the next day about setting up an interview. I got to pick what time and day I wanted to be interviewed. I chose the upcoming Tuesday and I now have a job at Macy's! The interview was about 15 minutes long and the interviewer was really nice and friendly, she left the room for about a minute to review my answers and came back and offered me the position I applied for. She then told me I would receive a call to set up orientation and training, I received the call the next day! (:

Interview Questions

• Describe the position you applied for, and what you think your duties will be for that position?   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I applied online and within a few weeks received an email to schedule an interview. Instructions were included in the confirmation email and I went onsite for an in-person interview. After signing in, I waited with the other candidates. One manager conducted the interview so it wasn't as intimidating and he was very friendly. Interview questions were straight-forward and used to assess level of expertise in this job field.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

HR services were very organized. My interviewer’s name was Margaret. She was very sweet. She was asking me what department I’d like to work in, and she told me that she felt I would fit in best with the jewelry department. I got a offer after the interview. Until this day I’m glad Margaret interviewed me because I don’t think I would have enjoyed working in any other department as I did working in the jewelry department.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

The only way in is if you are personally refereed by someone who already works there. I have applied to many positions and was even got a few phone interviews but they went no where. After "meeting" the 'right' person I was hired without and reference checks and no resume. Your experience doesn't matter you just have to be friends with the right person at the right time

Interview Questions

• I don't remember any significant questions about my work experience; we just chatted about the mutual acquaintances   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Bridgewater, NJ).

Interview

It was semi formal one on one type of interview in a private space. The interviewer noticed my educational background and recommended I worked in a different department that I will enjoy better.

Interview Questions

• It was questions like how would you handle a angry customer. How would you sell the benefits of opening a Macy's card.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Versailles, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Versailles, KY).

Interview

I Interviewed online which includes a behavior part and then got an email to go to an interview which followed by interview with immediate offer. Questions were fairly easy mainly to try to get you to answer on how you would handle certain customer issues etc

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to interact with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Fitting Room Cleaner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Madison, WI).

Interview

They said I didn't qualify for the job, that they were going to give me a better position and then on the first day of work I cleaned fitting rooms for too many months. c

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY).

Interview

One interview, it takes about 30 mns. I was in a room with floor manager. He was very nice and make the process very easy. The interview went like a regular conversation.

Support Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I applied online and got an email a few days later to schedule an interview with them. I selected a day to go in and it was surprisingly it was pretty simple!

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Very quick, they hired me without my consent, and told me to come in the next day (without me even saying yes to anything...) Questions were very easy, and there really was nothing to worry about. They just wanted an upbeat fun person to work in the dreary mornings. ;)

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you handled something under stress.   Answer Question