Macy's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

5,809 Interview Reviews

2.2

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Riverside, CA).

Interview

The process was rather fast. She asked me why I wanted to work for the company while walking to the interviewing room. She also asked about availability.I felt like the interview process was more of a fast pace. I think she looked at my previous experience and thought I would be a good candidate. I still have to interview with the brand although she gave me to brand options. From there I am supposed to interview with the talent plus?

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you lead a team what did you do what was the outcome?
      How do you feel about touching peoples faces?
      How would you sell me a Macys credit card?
      How would you make customers come back to you?
      How would you sell a specific product to me and have it in my basket to take home?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Honolulu, HI).

Interview

It was simple enough. The manager was chill and casual. overall enjoyable. wasn't nervous at all. Dressed casual/dressy. she asked me what position I wanted right after. Just a lot of personal questions like 'what would you do if you saw someone steal' and 'why do you wannt this job'.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Applied on line. Got an email to set up interview. Went to interview and got hired on the spot. Started two weeks later. Love my great job. yeah, yeah, heah

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

The job description for this role was somewhat misleading, and gave the impression that this was a full time, manager-level role dealing with customer service and/or employee relations. After some discussion with the HR manager however, it became clear that the position was in essence an entry level sales associate and would be responsible for using the register, pricing merchandise, stocking/resetting the sales floor and maintaining sales racks. Also, full time for this role was defined as 28-35 hours per week, paid hourly, working 5 days/off 2 per week with a mandatory Saturday or Sunday and at least two evening shifts.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked if I had ever observed anyone going against company policy while at work, and asked me to detail how I handled the situation.   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

This by far had to be the best interview I have had. As soon as I arrived I was surrounded by very nice associates. Someone even apologized for my wait since the interviewer was a little late. However she was extremely kind and asked simple questions. The questions were from a packet that looked like something corporate creates for interviews. I responded with honest answers. It must have lasted no longer than 20 minutes. It was very comfortable and I left feeling good and not intimidated.

Interview Questions

• If you see a co-worker doing something wrong, would you report it?   Answer Question

I was offered a more stable position from another company a day before the recruiter called me from Macy's.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

applied online and received an email invite to schedule an appointment. Once arrived, I was interviewed by a different department assistant (don't think it was a manger even). Very kind and polite.

Interview Questions

• how did you educate a costumer about a product and make them a repeat costumer?   Answer Question
    • How did you and a team accomplish a project in the past?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

after applying online i got an email to schedule an interview time on a website, i selected and was at the interview 15 min before. i walked in when i was called, the interviewer asked me a list of questions leading into sales scenarios. after all was done she checked in with the office.

Interview Questions

• If a customer walked into your department, how did you connect with the customer?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I applied online with the macys website and got an email saying that I could choose the date for the in store interview almost immediately after submitting my resume

Interview Questions

• Name a time you encountered a conflict and what you did to solve it   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

It was really easy. Straight forward questions. Relaxed and laid back. They basically want to get to know you as a person. The interviewer is usually a sales or general manager.

Recovery Fitting Room Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Interview was difficult. Asked me really repetitive questions. Then was asked something about Sales and how would I go about selling to someone. It was totally unrelated to position I applied for. which was fitting room recovery. Then asked if I wanted to work for sales, said no, was asked why and answered because that's not what I applied for. If I wanted to work for Sales then I would have went an applied. Please don't offer jobs to people if the job they applied for is open. It doesn't quite make sense. These questions are so very specific and it's not like generally everyone has gone through these experiences. That's what makes it difficult.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were given a job to complete that was not finished, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question