Macy's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 23, 2018
6,281 Interview Reviews

2.2

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

4 diffrent people interviewed me over skype, whole afternoon process. the engineering manager was the one who started the first call and explained about some of their code. What they were doing and how my experience could be relevant.

Interview Questions

• Only 1 person asked me a complex coding question and thats where I failed. Rest mostly talked about my experience   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I dressed in formal attire and wore all black with red. (when working for macy's one is allowed to wear one small color item and have all an black appearance)
    The interview was 30minutes to 1 hour and I was interviewed by the department manager. My interview went great and I was offered a job. From there I had a phone interview with the higher up Lancome employee (my bosses boss) and then a Skype interview with my future boss for the Lancome CM position. I was hired within 3 days.

Interview Questions

• When have you had to interact with a team and how did you work well with others?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Massapequa, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Massapequa, NY).

Interview

had a over the phone interview and they offered me the job before i got off the phone. very easy & very simple and they will tell you if you got the job no more waiting for them to call you back

Interview Questions

• to tell a time when i had to use my car as my bed   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I applied online and within a few weeks received an email to schedule an interview. Instructions were included in the confirmation email and I went onsite for an in-person interview. After signing in, I waited with the other candidates. One manager conducted the interview so it wasn't as intimidating and he was very friendly. Interview questions were straight-forward and used to assess level of expertise in this job field.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Covina, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (West Covina, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online on a Thursday, got an email the next day about setting up an interview. I got to pick what time and day I wanted to be interviewed. I chose the upcoming Tuesday and I now have a job at Macy's! The interview was about 15 minutes long and the interviewer was really nice and friendly, she left the room for about a minute to review my answers and came back and offered me the position I applied for. She then told me I would receive a call to set up orientation and training, I received the call the next day! (:

Interview Questions

• Describe the position you applied for, and what you think your duties will be for that position?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

HR services were very organized. My interviewer’s name was Margaret. She was very sweet. She was asking me what department I’d like to work in, and she told me that she felt I would fit in best with the jewelry department. I got a offer after the interview. Until this day I’m glad Margaret interviewed me because I don’t think I would have enjoyed working in any other department as I did working in the jewelry department.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

The only way in is if you are personally refereed by someone who already works there. I have applied to many positions and was even got a few phone interviews but they went no where. After "meeting" the 'right' person I was hired without and reference checks and no resume. Your experience doesn't matter you just have to be friends with the right person at the right time

Interview Questions

• I don't remember any significant questions about my work experience; we just chatted about the mutual acquaintances   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY).

Interview

One interview, it takes about 30 mns. I was in a room with floor manager. He was very nice and make the process very easy. The interview went like a regular conversation.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Bridgewater, NJ).

Interview

It was semi formal one on one type of interview in a private space. The interviewer noticed my educational background and recommended I worked in a different department that I will enjoy better.

Interview Questions

• It was questions like how would you handle a angry customer. How would you sell the benefits of opening a Macy's card.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Versailles, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Versailles, KY).

Interview

I Interviewed online which includes a behavior part and then got an email to go to an interview which followed by interview with immediate offer. Questions were fairly easy mainly to try to get you to answer on how you would handle certain customer issues etc

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to interact with a difficult customer   Answer Question