Macy's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 19, 2018
6,426 Interview Reviews

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

The interview is brief and takes place in the administrative offices. One of the managers will sit down with you in an office and ask you a pretty standard litany of interview questions. From my experience, hiring takes place on the spot. Waiting for a call back is a formal "no".

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you encountered a conflict with a fellow employee or peer. How did you handle said conflict?   2 Answers

Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone Interview with HR then about two weeks later an in person interview with HR and a quick meeting with the Talent Director on the same day. The day after that an interview with the Design Director and Senior Designer.

Was told during my quick meeting with the Talent Director that the position was going to pay about 8k less a year than the salary I was looking for and told HR over the phone as well as 10mins prior in our sit down interview. When I asked about this I was told that was "all that was budgeted" and asked if I wished to "continue the interview" or would it "be a problem". I decided to continue our meeting and followed up with HR to confirm the salary being offered. HR confirmed the original salary and stated the Talent Director was mistaken, however it all seemed sketchy.

The next day I met with the Design Director and Senior Designer. Typical questions and a very pleasant interview. I was told I would get a quick assignment that would mostly consist of looking at their existing products and identifying areas for design opportunity.

The next day I got an email from HR with the design project which consisted of my designing products for them including technical drawings.

I declined to continue the process. I lied and said I was offered another position. The salary and being asked to do design work before hiring is not something I except out of a company this large.

After that I was to complete a sample designs. Was told in the interview that it would be more or of a write up identifying design opportunities within collections.

Interview Questions

Interview

It was an easy interview process. During this process, you have to meet with vendors from cosmetics line and meet with the sales manager and the department manager of Macys.

Store Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Phone interview (screening), online logic test, and Skype/Video interview. The interviewers were all very friendly and comfortable to talk to. The online screening was lengthy and it was recommended that you complete it in one sitting.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had obstacles reaching your goals and how you handled it   1 Answer

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Short Hills, NJ).

Interview

I got a mail by mail to schedule an interview. I practiced and rehearsed hard and went to the interview. I got there 20min. early, and waited for about 40 minutes. The person in the executive offixe didn’t know that there was an interview. After all the waiting somebody came to me and said there is no visual job opened now.
    They should have called me or mailed me earlier, or at least tell me when I got there.
    It was very unprofessional and rude.. Total waste of time !

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Pretty casual and easy.I got the interview within a week of applying (not sure if was winton a couple days, but definitely within a week). I went in and went through the interview process which was no more than 30 minutes or so. I received an offer the day off.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I was very friendly. The interview questions were already given as a questionnaire. The questions were easy and based on my previous experience and how to put it into practice in this position.

Primary Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY).

Interview

One phone interview with HR, then an in-person interview with the team manager who also presented a case study as a skills test. After the in-person interview, I contacted both the HR representative and the Manager directly via email about once a week for a month. Since I was a personal referral, I didn't expect to be ghosted. They filled the position and I never heard back from them, very unprofessional.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I submitted my application online and was in contact with a recruiter. I had one phone interview and one Skype interview. Total process was 2-2&1/2 weeks. Both interviewers were very nice.

Interview Questions

Interview

easy, relaxed. the interviewer wasn't really looking for much. Basically walk in and sit down and she asks very basic questions and you give pretty generic answers. They will then talk to about the role and if you are offered the role they will do it immediately