Macy's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

5,857 Interview Reviews

2.2

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Riverside, CA).

Interview

The process was rather fast. She asked me why I wanted to work for the company while walking to the interviewing room. She also asked about availability.I felt like the interview process was more of a fast pace. I think she looked at my previous experience and thought I would be a good candidate. I still have to interview with the brand although she gave me to brand options. From there I am supposed to interview with the talent plus?

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you lead a team what did you do what was the outcome?
      How do you feel about touching peoples faces?
      How would you sell me a Macys credit card?
      How would you make customers come back to you?
      How would you sell a specific product to me and have it in my basket to take home?
      1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Lewisville, TX).

Interview

They totally forgot about my interview, which is the exact same thing they did last year when they called me. Very disorganized and unprofessional. Nobody is ever where they are supposed to be.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Commack, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Commack, NY).

Interview

I was happy to say it was not that nerve racking, they will ask you typical questions. They will sadly only hire college students that aren't moving away in August. Even though I applied for a temp job.

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Honolulu, HI).

Interview

It was simple enough. The manager was chill and casual. overall enjoyable. wasn't nervous at all. Dressed casual/dressy. she asked me what position I wanted right after. Just a lot of personal questions like 'what would you do if you saw someone steal' and 'why do you wannt this job'.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked retail before?   1 Answer

Receiving Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Houston, TX).

Interview

You fill out application online and then get email to schedule an interview.

You then go to an interview at the store that you applied for and have an interview in they're executive offices.

After the interview you are either given a job offer, or told that any job offers will be emailed to you at a later date.

If you worked here before , the interviewer will call the manager you used to work for at Macy's and ask them if you should be hired. (i know this because i literally saw the interviewer pick up the phone and call them in the same room after the interview).

I received an email later that day saying that there was no job positions available at the current time.

Interview Questions

• The interviews at Macy's include the same set of questions for everyone which include;

have you ever seen someone steal from the workplace?
      have you ever seen a co worker steal? and what did you do?
      have you ever seen a worker not doing the job they are supposed to do? and what was the outcome?
      These are among the many questions i recall being asked during the interview.
      Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I met with department manager. The meeting went smoothly. After talking about my recent experience. I had no job experience but just volunteer. After my interview I have gotten the job.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (San Jose, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Today my interview appointment was scheduled at 3p.m. I came in 2:45, because I like to come earlier. They said me to wait until 3. I didn't mind, but when it was already 3:10 I was very suprised, that person, who should assist me didn't do that. I was patient and was waiting for. They said me, that interviewer on his lunch and I have to wait. When it was 3:24 another girl came in and said, that her interview should be at 3:30, I said that mine at 3. We were sitting and waiting for someone. Finally, they came at 3:40 and invited the girl to come in and said me to wait until they will interview her. I was shocked. I just left. It was the worst interview forever.Come there was just waste of my time. And I will never come to Macy’s, even as a customer.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Towson, MD).

Interview

The interviewer asked questions about previous jobs why did I leave and how long was I there and also about your work ethic. One question was to give an example on when you had to deal with an angry customer .

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Applied online, the next day got an email to schedule an interview.
    Scheduled an interview at the same week and got the job!
    Was an easy interview, the standard interview questions.
    The training is easy, it took 12 hours of training then started working.

Sales Associaate Interview

Interview

As many other reviewers have said, the job role i applied for in the departments I selected was already taken - something they only told me after the whole interview took place. The interviewer said she did not want to let me go as I was an extremely good candidate so called in four different people from different departments who all asked me their own questions. However my availaibilty did not suit that departments needs. Of course, the department I did initially apply for did suit my availability but that was no longer an option. The vibe was overall positive and buzzing but frustrating to interview to 4 people only to find that there is no space for the times I was available to work. A waste of time overall, but an ego booster if nothing else to know they really liked me. Too bad they didnt like me enough to make space for me. Onwards and upwards!

Interview Questions

• describe a time in any situation you taught somebody something and what was the outcome.   Answer Question