Macy's Interview Questions

Updated Jan 16, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 7,752 of over 7,752.0 interviews

In Person6%
2.2
HardAverageEasy

Macy's

Application

I interviewed at Macy's

Interview

Good very honest and helpful. Would do it again. Very nice when first walked in and helpful. Nice and then helpful, would definitely try again and interviewZ turned down job.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work here?
    Answer Question

Macy's

Application

I interviewed at Macy's

Interview

I interviewed for a flex cosmetic sales advisor. The interview process is very easy. Consists of one phone interview and then a call back if you are extended an offer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Macy's

Join the conversation on

Luxury Watches

24d

an

Associate

Watch newbie looking for help! I just received a holiday bonus of just over $5,000 in Macy’s credit that I’d like to use on a first watch (although I could use the credit in a few other places). I don’t really know how much to spend on it and what I should be looking for, but I’ve always wanted one and was thinking this would be a good place to come for help! I’d like to get something that I could wear going out to dinner, on dates, and in my personal life in general (casual or formal) (cont.)

42 Comments

Join the conversation on

Macy's

Application

I interviewed at Macy's

Interview

Easy phone interview associate. Was asked about my availability and my retail experience . Then my experience with customers and how I handled a difficult situation. My school schedule and if I’m willing to work overnight.

Interview Questions
  • can you describe a difficult challenge you faced at work and how you handled it?

Macy's

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's

Interview

I was in contact with someone from Hr for a few weeks looking for the right positions to apply for. 1 of them the job description was very different than what it was and left our key details of the position. Another I went through 2 rounds of interviews for, and got told they wanted someone with more experience. I thought this was odd because they told me through out the process it was an entry level position with a training program. So if they were looking someone with more experience they shouldn’t have interviewed me to begin with. Then I interviewed for another position, had a great interview, followed up with the interviewer and HR, and never heard back. Holidays came and went and still nothing, not even an email explaining they chose someone else. I dedicated a lot of valuable time to this company. I was excited to potentially work here but if this is how they treat people I’m glad it worked out the way it did. Don’t let them waste your time.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Macy's

Application

I interviewed at Macy's

Interview

It was pretty easy and straightforward. I did not have many issues. Nothing really notable. They really needed help, I was able to provide help. I don't have much else to say. Nothing stood out.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Macy's

Application

I interviewed at Macy's

Interview

Smooth process, very easy going interviewer, felt like home, did not feel pressured. It was a simple process and very much basic. Just make sure you have a strong resume that shows some type of consistency and loyalty

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Macy's

Application

I interviewed at Macy's

Interview

interviewed by the manager of the department I was applying for. asked pretty standard interview questions and situational ones. interview lasted about 15 minutes. was told to wait and was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
  • what would you do if you caught a fellow employee doing something wrong?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's (El Paso, TX) in Jan 2022

Interview

Virtual. If under 18 or unexperienced, be prepared for 'cancelled' on the interview interface. Too many emails that sound like you have been approved for an interview when you have not.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Macy's

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's

Interview

Easy questions but wasnt very friendly. They seemed like they already had their eye on someone else. But the interviewer was nice, just seemed like the interview was rushed. Overall it was good to experience as an interview experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I interviewed at Macy's (Minneapolis, MN)

Interview

I’m going to save you time. Do not waste your energy applying here as the interview process is long and grueling for no reason. I was more than qualified for this role and brought back twice - in-order to be denied twice. I thourougly prepared and rehearsed but was left with a denial and no feedback. Complete waste of my time and energy!

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful