Macy's Interview Questions

Updated Jan 20, 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Macy's

HardAverageEasy
Found 7397 candidate interviews
Featured InterviewHelpful (20)
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at Macy's (United States)

Interview

It was a really quick, simple questions asked by a store manager. Received an offer back the same day. Started training and signing paperwork a week later. Very easy and quick process.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a time you faced adversity
    1 Answer
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at Macy's (United States)

Interview

Online - relaxed, asked about 8 questions and were extremely friendly during the process. Very helpful and willing to offer recommendations, constructive criticism, positive encouragement. I highly recommend becoming a team member of this fantastic organization. Also, very, very fun atmosphere.

Interview Questions
  • What would you do facing an angered customer
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (United States)

Interview

A lot of helpful people and training, very straight forward questions and my questions were answered clearly. I felt comfortable and confident on meeting the hiring manager. The important questions were what is your preferred pence in working part time or full time, what is your experience dealing with customers and customer interaction.

Interview Questions
Macy's
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at Macy's (United States)

Interview

Short interview with hiring manager. I was asked very basic background questions pertaining to my background. Questions revolved around how well you conduct yourself in a group setting and how well you can follow instructions.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a time you had to work with a difficult person and how did you handle it?
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at Macy's (United States)

Interview

I interviewed with someone at HR and then interviewed with my soon to be boss. Everyone was kind a lovely, but the process did take a bit of time, in my opinion. It was about a month between when I applied and when I heard about the first round of the interview process.

Interview Questions
Macy's
Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (McLean, VA)

Interview

Applied online. Had an interview a few days later and got hired. The process was very nice and the managers were kind. It was a bit of a wait on the day of the interview but overall nothing out of the ordinary

Interview Questions
Macy's
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY)

Interview

The process started with on campus meet and greet then on campus interviews then in person in their office interviews. In the office, there was an orientation, math skills test, and 2 meetings with senior people on the various teams. Interview process was fine and not too hard but they definitely look for the same type of people and definitely those who had studied some kind of fashion / design

Interview Questions
  • Why Macy’s, what are your skills, why do you want this job, some more technical case questions as well?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Macy's (United States)

Interview

The interview process was fairly straight forward and simple. Both the recruiters were really thorough and understanding about the process and gave useful information about it. Although looking back at it I should have prepared more, it was all in all a good learning experience.

Interview Questions
Macy's
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at Macy's (United States)

Interview

Here is a description of the interview process: it was on the phone, and he asked basic questions. Interview as easy as can be and I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
Macy's
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (United States)

Interview

I had a one on one interview with a man from their administrative offices. I felt strongly judged on my appearance, and he had zero interest in hearing about my technical skills or past experience

Interview Questions
Macy's
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at Macy's (United States)

Interview

There were three interviews, one with cosmetics manager, one with counter manager, and one with Origins district representative. Interview with district manager was over the phone, the other two in store.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time where you were in a difficult situation at work.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 7397