Macy's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

6,027 Interview Reviews

2.2

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Riverside, CA).

Interview

The process was rather fast. She asked me why I wanted to work for the company while walking to the interviewing room. She also asked about availability.I felt like the interview process was more of a fast pace. I think she looked at my previous experience and thought I would be a good candidate. I still have to interview with the brand although she gave me to brand options. From there I am supposed to interview with the talent plus?

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you lead a team what did you do what was the outcome?
      How do you feel about touching peoples faces?
      How would you sell me a Macys credit card?
      How would you make customers come back to you?
      How would you sell a specific product to me and have it in my basket to take home?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Set up an interview time online, which is convenient. Interview was short and to the point. Found out results within a few days. Simple questions and easy to answer

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Interview was fast to be scheduled once referred. The interview lasted about 30minutes in person and onsite. Offered the position on the spot, but did not call me to come in to work a shift. Had to call once a week for a month asking when my start day was- always got a voicemail, never an actual person on the phone.

Interview Questions

• If I can count easily to 100.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

it was fairly easy 2 interviews . they have you come in and meet the department manager, once you meet with them, if they like you you'll get a 2nd interview with 2 managers. they ask questions about your resume.

Interview Questions

• if I have any experience in retail?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Really simple process. On campus interviewing conducted, had two 30-minute interviews and that was it. Really great people and genuinely want to get to know you! The questions were behavioral and straightforward. No trick questions, they just want to see if you are a good fit for the company and its culture.

Assistant Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was fairly standard. I had an initial phone screening and then set up an in-person interview. However, during the in-person interview I was informed that the position had already been given to someone from within the company.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Macy's in September 2017.

Interview

they asked me about my experiences. ( I had none) still got hired. interview was very easy. I got hired and started working within a week. worked there for over a year. good experience.

Retail Administrative Support Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2017.

Interview

It was friendly, but had very generic interview questions. The interviewer was kind and very professional and seemed to enjoy her job. She started off by being upfront about the varying hours, which I appreciated, then asked if I would like to continue with the interview. I explained that the hours would not work well for my schedule, but we continued anyway. She asked a variety of behavioral questions, then explained the tasks of the job in more detail.

Interview Questions

• Please tell us about a time you dealt with a difficult situation with a customer and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Fragrance Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's in September 2017.

Interview

Sat with the Cosmetics Manager for 15 minutes. Was very nervous, so try not to be nervous. They expect some experience in sales. The manager asked basic questions and wrote my responses down. Overall, a laid-back interview. I was myself.

Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

We sat down. He Informed me of the job duties and hours. I worked for the company before so i was asked about those experiences. Then I was asked 5 questions. He exscused his self for about 2 minutes and came back with job offer paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when a coworker was not doing there job. What did you do?   Answer Question