Macy's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

5,743 Interview Reviews

2.2

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Riverside, CA).

Interview

The process was rather fast. She asked me why I wanted to work for the company while walking to the interviewing room. She also asked about availability.I felt like the interview process was more of a fast pace. I think she looked at my previous experience and thought I would be a good candidate. I still have to interview with the brand although she gave me to brand options. From there I am supposed to interview with the talent plus?

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you lead a team what did you do what was the outcome?
      How do you feel about touching peoples faces?
      How would you sell me a Macys credit card?
      How would you make customers come back to you?
      How would you sell a specific product to me and have it in my basket to take home?
      1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied online and received a an invitation to for a phone interview. They mainly asked about my background, what I did at previous jobs, and what kind of job I was looking for.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Grove, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Macy's (Lake Grove, NY).

Interview

The process was quick and easy. We sat in a waiting room then got called in one by one. Questions were asked (both personal and situation Q's) and then we chatted a little.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

after applying online i got an email to schedule an interview time on a website, i selected and was at the interview 15 min before. i walked in when i was called, the interviewer asked me a list of questions leading into sales scenarios. after all was done she checked in with the office.

Interview Questions

• If a customer walked into your department, how did you connect with the customer?   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Houston, TX).

Interview

I applied the position online and got replied to set a face interview, I choose the next day of the day i received their email. Very friendly hiring manager. We had very helpful conversation. Unfortunately they had already hired someone else just a bit earlier than my interview, but overall I am appreciated the opportunity. : )

Interview Questions

• All questions are expected because all of them are based on my working experience.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Everyone was flown to Atlanta for a two day second round interview. Dinner and hotel was provided and was fabulous. They made an effort to make us all feel welcomed and comfortable.

Beauty Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Buffalo, NY).

Interview

It took about a week. A Clinique executive recruited me. I had to do a phone interview and after a face to face with the cosmetics supervisor at the store.

Interview Questions

• Asking about previous experience and if I'd have a problem with being around people in close contact with them.   Answer Question

Shoe Expeditor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I was interviewed two times in one day, the first interview took around 30min, then I was hired on the spot after the second interview which took 5min. The interview process was rather easy and an overall pleasant experience.

Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Interview

It's was very nice they told me to sign in and they ask me questions that was on the paper and they sent out a email if you got the job or not

On-Call Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Applied online and got a call to schedule an appointment for face to face interview
    Fast and smooth process
    The manager who interviewed me are very nice and friendly.
    The whole process took around 2-4 weeks

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable applying make up on other's   Answer Question
    • What is one thing the sales associate always ask at the end of each of the transaction?   Answer Question