Macy's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

5,921 Interview Reviews

2.2

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Riverside, CA).

Interview

The process was rather fast. She asked me why I wanted to work for the company while walking to the interviewing room. She also asked about availability.I felt like the interview process was more of a fast pace. I think she looked at my previous experience and thought I would be a good candidate. I still have to interview with the brand although she gave me to brand options. From there I am supposed to interview with the talent plus?

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you lead a team what did you do what was the outcome?
      How do you feel about touching peoples faces?
      How would you sell me a Macys credit card?
      How would you make customers come back to you?
      How would you sell a specific product to me and have it in my basket to take home?   1 Answer

Beauty Advisor Interview

Interview

I interviewed at the Brooklyn location on Fulton street. Long story short I wait a hour and 30 minutes just to be interviewed how unprofessional and top it off she comes in eating. To make matter worst the first thing she ask me is if I know what flex means as if I had no idea as to what position I'm applying for. She was very unprofessional.

Receiving Part Time/Early Morning Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I came in early and was sat down by a receptionist waiting for someone to be available to interview me. The receptionist was nice and let me get coffee. A few minutes later I was put in a room and the interviewer came in with a piece of paper and began asking me questions of the paper and jotting down my answers. It took 5-10 minutes

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Macys?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I applied to the same Macy's twice.

The first time I applied, I applied online. The very next day I got an email asking me to schedule an interview date and time. Fast forward to the day, I had to wait an extra 30 minutes because the interviewer was interviewing someone else when I got there.
    Finally it was my turn. The lady asked me questions off of a piece of paper and wrote down my responses. She asked about 5-6 basic interview questions. After that she took me on a tour around Macy's. After we were done I asked her what to expect after the interview, and she said within 2 days they would email. After 2 days I got an email rejecting me because my hours didn't work.

I applied a second time about a week later. Got another email to schedule an interview. I went to the HR room and explained to a different manager that I've already interviewed before, but I just applied again. I didn't know if it would be the same lady that was gonna interview me or not. The same lady came out and she was gonna interview me, but decided to have the manager that I talked to first interview me. He read basically the same script as first time. I changed the hours that I could and was willing to work. He said I had to be able to work weekends, but I couldn't. He then said he would talk to HR about it and that they would email or call me. A week later, I got nothing.

Interview Questions

• Why Macy's?   1 Answer
    • How would you get a customer to open up a Macy's credit card?   1 Answer
    • Name a time when you had to work together as a team with someone and what was the result?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable with using technology?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you saw someone steal or bend the rules, and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Visual Interview

Anonymous Employee in Garden City, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Garden City, NY).

Interview

It was very quick and on the spot interview process and also a friendly environment.
    I applied online and then I got the notice to come in for an interview. I was surprise to get the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you like to work with people?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Applied and received interview notification the next morning. Scheduled interview for 2 days later. Lasted about 30minutes and got hired right after the interview. Interviewed with the store manager, but typically you would be interviewed by department manager.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you handled a difficult situation, How would you sell a Macy's card?, How do you work with people? Why Macy's?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Macy's (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

I met with the manager of the department (womens shoes) and manager for the stock area. The department manager grilled me on my customer service skills while the stock manager focused more on my ability to adapt and adjust to inventory-related changes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Covina, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (West Covina, CA).

Interview

When I applied they responded back really quick. However I waited almost an hour to be interviewed. During the interview their question were all situation based (what would you do this, what would you do if, etc.). Their hours were bad, working only Tuesday's and Thursday's.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you had to take control over a situation and how did that help you?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Culver City, CA).

Interview

it was very quick and to the point. The lady asked about 7 questions all related to how you deal with situations and to see if you are a team leader.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to work with difficult co-workers, and what did you do   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The man who interviewed me was very friendly and asked me several questions regarding the job. He made sure I was comfortable by smiling and looking me directly in my eyes to show that he was paying attention.

Interview Questions

• How did you help someone in making a difficult decision?   Answer Question