Marriott International Sales Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marriott International Sales Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Marriott International

3.2

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International.

Interview

The process was okay although the management team was not on the same page. The person who interviewed me (DOS) was late for the interview and she casually called the General Manager over to ask me a few questions because he was walking by. I was hired for the position but the professionalism lacked.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Marriott International

Anonymous Employee in Morgantown, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marriott International (Morgantown, WV) in April 2018.

Interview

The interview process was efficient and effective. The appointment was on time and the questions were fair. As far as interviews go, it was as enjoyable as possible as I learned more about the corporation and culture.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you bring to this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (San Francisco, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Star interviews which stand for situation, task, action and result. You have to be very specific on an actual event. You should provide a story and if it demonstrates leasdership skills even better.

Interview Questions

• They ask for examples or "give me an example" of required job skills   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marriott International in May 2017.

Interview

Interview was just odd. Asked me two or three questions about the job itself within a ten minute span, even though the overall interview lasted over an hour. Questions weren't clear, if anything I felt like they purposefully showed off my weak points. Interviewer was a little weird, felt like they were bragging about themselves. Benefits not good, too much work for not enough pay. By the end of it all I decided against the position, I felt like end up looking for another job within weeks of starting.

Sales Manager Interview

Interview

It was easy and really quick to get through. Went to a nice place for the interview and was treated really well. Its a nice company with lots of forward thinkers.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Dallas, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

Initial screening with 3rd party recruiter. If you pass the inquiry then they forward your information along to a HR Manager, followed by your intended managers then the Director.

Interview Questions

• All questions are behavioral and must be answered in with STAR answers (Situation, Task, Action, Response) if you do not complete the STAR they will continue to inquire until you do or they determine that you cannot answer correctly.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marriott International (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

Very intuitive right to the point. I learned more than it being a typical interview. I am glad i actually had one.the interviewer was very intelligent and showed they cared about who they were going to hire. I respected there sincerity and honesty.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I was contacted within 1-2 weeks to do a survey, next was a phone screening with a 3rd party recruiting company and lastly an in person interview. The entire process took about a month from the date I applied to the date I started.

Be prepared for just about all situational/behavior based questions. If you aren't familiar with the STAR/CAR process, then familiarize yourself with it and you will be successful in an interview.

I rate the interview as negative because in my opinion, the STAR/CAR questions don't allow for people to genuinely express the things they've accomplished nor does it allow the hiring manager to truly get to know the candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to balance competing priorities and how did you handle this?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marriott International (New York, NY).

Interview

difficult i would say 7 to 10 questions at a minimum in a room with 3 ppl. First is the phone interview next is the quiz last is the in person interview before the panel of 2-3

Interview Questions

• all are scenario based and its about 7 to 10   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Three interviews. First the phone interview with the Human Resources Director that lasts about 30 min. Second is the interview with the general manager and your direct supervisor. The last interview ends up being a formality where they offer you the job. The entire process lasts a couple of weeks. Generally, in the hospitality industry they are very quick to fill positions since the workload still exists with less manpower.

Interview Questions

• Past experiences with solving a problem, helping a coworker and success story   2 Answers