Marriott International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,301 Interview Reviews

2.6

At Your Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marriott International (Miami, FL) in March 2018.

Interview

After applying online the next day I had a quick phone interview and today I was invited to the interview at the hotel. The interview was super easy with basic questions. Before you go in for and interview just think one more time why do you want to work for this company and what skills do you have for the position (think of examples from your past work experience) and you should be fine. I think you will do great at your interview. Good luck!
    P.S I’ve been working for Marriott before. Great company.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to apply for this specific hotel?   7 Answers

Loss Prevention Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marriott International.

Interview

Had a phone interview with the loss prevention chief. Was a rude and unprofessional interview, the interviewer cut me off a number of times, and from the description I was given, I don't like how the department is ran. Also, questions I already answered kept getting rehased over and over.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing To work in a 365 , 24-7, 12 hour shift environment?   3 Answers

Guest Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Applied online (have to take some type of behavioral test) then followed a phone interview. Then if you sound professional over the phone, you will be asked to come for an in person interview with 2 managers- STAR QUESTIONS for the interview process. Then if they liked you, you will be handed over to the HR rep.

Interview Questions

• STAR questions: Give us a time where you had a conflict with another associate, how did you resolve it, and what is the outcome   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marriott International in May 2018.

Interview

I had my first interview with the manager of the department on Sunday. After my first interview, I was given an application to fill out. I had my second interview with the General Manager and Assistant General Manager on Wednesday. After my second interview I signed consent papers for drug test and background check. Just waiting to hear when I go for the drug test and the results of the background check.

Interview Questions

• If I came in and sat down at your table, how would you approach me and what would you say?   1 Answer

Bistro Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albion, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Marriott International (Albion, MI) in May 2018.

Interview

Asked simple questions; why do you think we should hire you and what would you bring to our company? Asked personal questions and about previous jobs and experiences along with asking what you would do in the middle of it being hectic and crazy.

Event Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marriott International.

Interview

I have worked with Marriott for over 5 years now - full time. The interview process is very structured and liked by many but can feel very redundant. It is a STAR process where the interviewer asks you to think of an actual example/story and share the S-situation or T-task, A-action that was taken and the R-result of it. They will ask you 6-8 of these Star questions so best way to prepare is think of some great actual examples you have had in any current employment or training.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to change the way you were working with someone because they weren't receptive to you.   Answer Question

At Your Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marriott International in April 2018.

Interview

A brief one on one interview with the hiring manager at the hotel. We talked through a few standard interview questions and discussed the trajectory of the career. It was very quick.

Brand Talent Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Bethesda, MD) in April 2018.

Interview

Connected with two recruiters for this position and unfortunately did not have a good experience. First recruiter gave me incorrect information and second recruiter was downright mean. I initially traded several emails with both recruiters - one responded in incomplete sentances. Set up a time to speak with the other and she had a very abrasive attitude. The position aligned exactly with my experience from a similar company so I'm disappointed that I had such a bad experience with recruiters. Would have thought that a 100% match on skills would have at least landed me a conversation with the hiring manager. If Marriott is looking for talent outside the company, the recruiters are doing a good job turning people off. Culture seems unwelcoming.

Interview Questions

• None. They should have asked some and taken a moment to clarify skills.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International in April 2018.

Interview

STAR interview questions, based on prior experience and why I'd be a good fit for job. Discussed next steps after interview. Interview was 30 minutes and on the phone. One HR interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you over committed yourself or a teammate.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Marriott International (San Antonio, TX) in April 2018.

Interview

Phone call overview and asked few questions based of experience and resume. Nice to talk to and the lady listed to what I had to say. She explained The whole process as well