Marriott International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Marriott International

1,616 Interview Reviews

2.6

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International.

Interview

Star interview is given where applicants need to describe the situation, task, action taken, and result. It gets tough when interview only focuses on Star questions and does not take the time to get to know the candidate. There can be about 5-6 Star questions and each situation should demonstrate your ability to deal with situations related to the job being interviewed for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer. How did you handle it and what steps did you take?   1 Answer

Facilities Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Marriott International.

Interview

Interview for the Voyage development program, as a facilities engineer.
    STAR based interview questions. Relaxed traditional behavioral interview. Keep some scenarios in your head of times you've failed, worked in groups, had a big change etc...
    I wouldn't worry too much, nothing technical crept up.

Valet Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marriott International (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2020.

Interview

there was two parts of the interview one day I was alone and the week later I was interviewed with 3 other candidates. they called me within the same hour when I was headed home, to tell me that I got the job.

DCDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (New York, NY) in February 2020.

Interview

I really like to work with the Marriott company. I want to prove my self in Marriott hotel. Right now I am working in the carnival cruise line as a DCDP

Interview Questions

• what is my duty and responsibility in the kitchen as a DCDP   Answer Question

Executive Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marriott International (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I had three interviews over the span of 40 days. I reached out to the recruiter and the hiring manager, after my third interview, for an update but never heard back. I find this in violation with one of Marriott's core values, Integrity. It starts from the top. Employees can only live the vompany values when they see their leaders walk the talk.

Manager Interview

Interview

Great. Very short but learned a lot. Was offered the position but declined due to pay. Would apply again. Would definitely recommend someone to apply here. If the pay were a bit higher I would have accepted the offer

Voyage Interview

Application

Interview

It was very quick. I was interviewed in person with two HR managers at the final interview event in Texas. They asked 3 STAR questions and two additional questions.

Assistant Food and Beverage Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marriott International (Washington, DC) in January 2020.

Interview

The interview process was a great experience. The staff was so hospitable and kind; the entire management team made me feel comfortable at all times.

A total of 4 interviews: a phone interview, 1:1 with both food and beverage manager, the food and beverage director, and the general manager.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Marriott International (Bethesda, MD) in December 2019.

Interview

Mostly seamless interview process. I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter a week or so later for a phone screen. The phone screen was pretty standard, she asked about my career and what I knew about Marriott. About 1-2 weeks later I was contacted to schedule an in person interview.

The on-site interview consisted of two hour long interview panel interviews with two people. The first was with a Director and a VP and consisted of mostly technical questions and some behavioral questions. The technical questions were a bit difficult but very appropriate for the position. The second interview was with a manager and another senior associate and was all behavioral questions.

The only bad part of the process was hearing back. Two weeks following the interview passed and I didn't hearing anything so obviously I assumed I hadn't gotten it. Then, after two weeks, the recruiter reached out to me to say she was still waiting for the hiring manager to make a decision. Then nothing. No indication whatsoever that I hadn't been selected. So Marriott's process following interviews can definitely be improved. Basically, don't expect to actually be notified that you weren't selected.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between a right, left, and cross join? What's the difference between VLOOKUP and INDEX MATCH?   Answer Question

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marriott International (San Jose, CA) in December 2019.

Interview

They called to set an interview date. You go to meet them in person for the interview questions. Make sure you dress professionally. When I got there, the managers were late and I had to wait for almost 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time, someone disagreed with your ideas and what the end result was?   Answer Question