Marriott International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 18, 2018
1,238 Interview Reviews

2.6

Bartender Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marriott International.

Interview

The interview process went fairly quickly. The long part was the background check. One of the best companies I worked for as they were great with training and to their employees.

Interview Questions

• Honestly is was a very average interview for a Bartender.   1 Answer

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Loveland, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marriott International (Loveland, CO) in February 2018.

Interview

Called and asked to schedule an interview. They were very friendly and asked what days I was available to come in. She said she called a few applicants and scheduled my time

Interview Questions

• What previous work experience can you give that will apply to this job   Answer Question

Night Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marriott International (Huntsville, AL) in February 2018.

Interview

The interviewer didn't have me waiting long. Maybe at most 3 minutes. The interview was very professional, polite, and quick. She got right to the point. I was asked basic customer service questions and a few personality questions.

Interview Questions

• What type of experience I had in the customer service field.   Answer Question

Guest Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marriott International (Arlington, TX).

Interview

The manager introduced himself and we exchanged pleasantries. He gave me the specifics of the position and the hourly rate. He also told me the number of days that I would have to work consecutively within the first month. Then he immediately asked me about 10 questions.

Interview Questions

• How did I hear about the position?   1 Answer

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marriott International (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

I applied online and they called back the next day. The interview process went well. I was asked what i did in these situations. He also asked me if I ever dealt with an angry customer and how did I resolve that situation. I got the job.

Interview Questions

• In what ways, have you gone of your way to satisfy a customer?   1 Answer

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International in January 2018.

Interview

Walked representative through my background. The moved to the STAR interview process. The STARS is a behavioral interview process where you are asked questions that relate to Situation, Tasks, Actions and Results

Interview Questions

• The best technology has design flaws. How would you evaluate design and make improvements?   1 Answer

Event Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marriott International (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

a random recruiter will call to ask 3 questions in the STAR format. Then will go to property and must answer questions with specific stories following the STAR format. They will be writing and not looking at you or engage while you are talking

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you was confronted by a customer who was not satisfied with his/her event   Answer Question

Guest Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Sacramento, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied online and was called immediately for an interview. I went in the next week for a face to face. They asked me basic behavioral and situational questions that related to the job position. Left them my resume at the end. Couple days later I was called for a 2nd interview with higher management. The following week I was called by HR to set up background and drug testing. Once that cleared is when hire paperwork started.

Overall it was a positive experience and the staff is very welcoming & kind. Excited to be apart of the team.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marriott International (San Antonio, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

It was about a 30 minute long interview. The person interviewing me was going down an interview guide and formed questions as she went down the list. They are mainly judging you based on your character and experience.

Interview Questions

• What 3 qualities are important to have in this position?   6 Answers
    • When was a time you went out of your way to help someone? It could be on the job or outside the job   1 Answer
    • When was a time you were put in a difficult situation and how did you handle it?   2 Answers
    • What is your availability like?   1 Answer
    • What work experience do you have that would make you a great candidate for this position?   1 Answer

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Marriott International (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

Short and brief they were great in getting back to me quickly had 3 Intervies in the matter of a week. I liked that a lot l.. they want me to type more words so here you go