Marriott International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,020 Interview Reviews

2.6

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

What an absolute terrible process. Applied for the position online. About a week later I received an email from an HR recruiter. They asked me to complete an online assessment. The online assessment was very in depth and took about two hours to complete. This was not normal to complete such an in depth online assessment without at least having an initial interview, but I still did it. I completed it and expected then to have an interview, by phone at least. Got an email a week later with about six interview questions and asked for my written response to those questions. Typical questions you would ask in an interview, why, what, salary, etc. So they essentially wanted me to write a three to four page essay response to their interview questions. Again, no actual call, conversation or any ability for me to ask questions. I submitted the response after spending another two hours perfectly articulating my response. Two weeks go by and I get a canned response from Marriott telling me there are more qualified candidates. What an embarrassing and degrading process. My advice, treat your candidates like actual human beings instead of robots, especially executive level candidates. I'm completely turned off by the brand, I won't be applying to ever work for them again. Maybe I'd be a great asset, maybe not, but I'm a human being. Treat your candidates like human beings.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Marriott International.

Interview

Got a call from recruiter for initial Hr interview. Marriott is currently not sponsoring any visas. It has been kept in hold indefinitely. Recruiter immediately stopped the interview after learning that visa sponsorship is needed.

Reservations Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marriott International.

Interview

I emailed back and forth with the HR rep a few times going over my schedule and when I would be available to come in for an interview. They were EXTREMELY accommodating with finding a time that worked for me. I went in for my interview and was seen by the girl I was emailing with. She asked a bunch of questions about my past experiences and why I want to work for the company. She then told me she wanted me to talk with the general manager of the hotel so I went to his office. He asked similar questions. I then went and talked with the head of the front desk. He was super relaxed and tried to ask questions he thought I wouldn't have already been asked. The entire process of being interviewed by the three of them took maybe a little over an hour. I got the call I got the job about 4-5 hours after I interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • What are your customer service experiences?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult client and how did you handle/resolve it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marriott International.

Interview

Easy interview. Very professional and short. The HR and restaurant manager were very nice and professional. Got to tour the hotel and restaurant. Took drug test and background check and passed. Received email that I've officially been hired.

Interview Questions

• Just asked about previous experience and a few "tell me a time...."   Answer Question

Voyage Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Marriott International.

Interview

First interfere was at my school during career fair, received a email that I was invited to the final interview in Atlanta. Final interview wasn't so bad was able to meet some amazing people such as management from all over. Interview process start the second you walk in. First day is the meet and greet finished with lectures and networking event. Next day is the final interview you are interviews by two people using the STAR method. You will get a call within a couple of days letting you know if you get a offer or not.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a angry customer?   Answer Question

Restaurant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International.

Interview

Interview with HR followed by interview with the restaurant GM followed by interview with food and beverage AGM. Returns next day for interview with hotel AGM, then asked to take two online assessments. A "top grading" interview of three hours will be next.

Front Desk Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marriott International.

Interview

I got called right away, a day after I submitted my application and wasset up for an interview the next day - this depends on who your manager is.

Interview Questions

• They will ask you to give specific scenarios about personal experiences regarding customer service and dealing with difficult people   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marriott International (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

Brief phone discussion of position. We discussed the position I applied for. Also asked me to tell her about myself. Then in-person interview with 2 HR managers. After that interview I was sent in to speak with the GM and other manager. We discussed simple things about me and scheduling.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to go above and beyond for a customer. What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Marriott International (Santa Ana, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was called one day to ask me if I was interested in an interview. I arrived in plenty of time for my interview. Checked in. Person who interviewed me sat with me in the lobby area and not in any office setting. Also, interviewer just asked me bunch of "star" what if questions she read off from a guide and listened to me answer each one. There were too many of those questions. I thought it was a lazy way to interview someone. The female interviewer didn't appear to me to be professional. She was dressed like a slob and kept reading her STAR questions. The interviewer told me to call on Monday if I didn't hear anything. The way she said it was like she had already made a decision not to hire me. Then, she asked me if I had any questions and that's all there was of this interview. I asked about the hours, benefits if any and how soon will they be hiring. I was told the pay would start at $11 per hour. Then at the end the interviewer didn't say too much more and walked away. Needless to say, I didn't get a good feeling.

Interview Questions

• Give me a specific time when you were given a number of tasks and there was not enough time to complete them? And what did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Marriott International (Fort Wayne, IN) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online, was called the next day and asked basic questions like if I had reliable transportation, when I could work, etc. I went in for the interview and they asked how to pronounce my last name, I thought it was so they would say it correctly but she informed me she had an interview with someone with the same name and didn't know which one I was because she didn't write down times or dates... How unprofessional and unorganized. I was asked the generic interview questions and then told about the job. Had I known I was interviewing to work the front desk, cafe AND drive a shuttle bus for $9 an hour I would've saved myself the time, stress and money of going. I knew coming from being a Manager to an associate I would take a pay cut but to do all of that for $9 is a tad ridiculous. They also don't believe in holiday pay so if you work Christmas or Thanksgiving, don't expect anything. I was also told in the interview they only like hiring full time because they're "going to invest a lot of money and training into you and they want it all back." I understand that completely but that is not something you should say in an interview.