Marriott International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marriott International Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2017
1,122 Interview Reviews

2.6

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marriott International (San Antonio, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

It was about a 30 minute long interview. The person interviewing me was going down an interview guide and formed questions as she went down the list. They are mainly judging you based on your character and experience.

Interview Questions

• What 3 qualities are important to have in this position?   Answer Question
    • When was a time you went out of your way to help someone? It could be on the job or outside the job   Answer Question
    • When was a time you were put in a difficult situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • What is your availability like?   Answer Question
    • What work experience do you have that would make you a great candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marriott International.

Interview

Very basic interview questions but a lot of conflict solution questions. How would you deal with this... and do you always need ro work with a team? Can you Make decisions on your own and make sure that they are well rounded and wise decisions

Interview Questions

• How would you help a guest who was looking to speak to a manger?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Marriott International.

Interview

It was easy for me to get an interview because it was a small promotion from a previos job in the hotel i currently work at. First i went to meet with the managers for the new position and then they went straight into the interview which consisted of STR questions. To answer the questions you have to give a specific situation pertaining to the question, give the action you took, and then you have to say what the outcome was.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a difficult time working with a coworker.   Answer Question

Guest Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Marriott International (Lake Forest, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was called in for interview few days after. Interview with operations manager went well but never got a call if hired or not. Called up and talked to operations manager to check status but manager kept on telling they haven't made a decision yet.

Housekeeper Interview

Interview

the supervisor was friendly and easy to talk to. she just wanted to make sure that I was able to do the job. I was sent to take a urinalysis test and offered the job.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marriott International.

Interview

I only had one interview with two people and they were really nice. I connected with them well. They were tough interviewers though. The interview was about 30 minutes. The interview was tough because with every question they wanted a specific example to your answer. Not just a generalized answer. They wanted to know the process of the example and the outcome with every question.

Interview Questions

• What's a time you suggested an improvement to a business?
      When is a time you found an error in someone's work, what did you do?   Answer Question

Analytics Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Bethesda, MD).

Interview

A very long and drawn out interview process.  I applied to the job and was not contacted until about a month after my application was submitted.  I was first contacted to schedule a phone screen which consisted of answering some behavioral questions with a third party recruiting company.  After that, I was scheduled for an in-person interview which consisted of meeting with two separate senior directors.  The recruiters for Marriott do not do a very good job with communication.  I had to ask multiple times for more details on the interviews.  For example…time, location, etc.  Very basic stuff.  And this was all before I had even met with the company.

I found Marriott to have a very odd interview format for this role, as they were trying to get a feel for my technical skills without actually providing any sort of technical assessment (case study, skills assessment, etc.) For example, they asked me to name the most complicated SQL query I had encountered/written, rather than just asking me to write some SQL.  Outside of that, they asked me to list some of the projects I had worked on, and asked follow up questions on those cases.  The role sounded very odd, as it would be between two teams, and would shift managers after about a year in the role.  I didn’t do a great job in the interview, but also decided that the role wasn’t the best fit for me.  After this, the recruiter contacted me after about a week and said that they were still deciding, and she should have an answer for me by the end of the week.  A MONTH LATER the recruiter contacted me and said that they still hadn’t made a decision.  Two weeks after that, she contacted me and told me that they had closed the position.  I would not have been offended if they had decided to reject me for the position, but the fact that they left me hanging for a month and a half was incredibly unprofessional.

Executive Chef Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marriott International.

Interview

Very nice people and executive team.
    Way too lengthy interview process. I was interviewed 6 times, told my final interview with the VP was just a formality, leading me to believe that I had the job. Then no call back to inform me of their decision. To me, this was very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What is your culinary experience?   1 Answer

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Marriott International.

Interview

Had a phone interview, got the results the next day. Papers were processed thru HR and the hiring agency and got the offer letter. After the offer letter, they will let you complete your requirements and will assign you date to start.

Guest Experience Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenbelt, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marriott International (Greenbelt, MD) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online. The next day the called and did a screening interview. A few days later I went to the interview. I made sure I was on time but they were 30 minutes late. Two people interviewed me and they were very polite and pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked with a diverse group of people. How did you handle it?   Answer Question