MicroStrategy Software Engineer(Internship) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MicroStrategy Software Engineer(Internship) Interview Questions

Interviews at MicroStrategy

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Tysons, VA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied through my university career center. First I had an on campus interview, followed by an online hackerrank assessment, followed by a general skills assessment, followed by an onsite interview consisting of three interviews. The onsite had 1 interview as a project demonstration, 1 interview was technical/puzzle questions, and 1 was with someone higher up in the company (forgot).

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for MicroStrategy

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy.

Interview

First an easy on campus behavioral/technical interview followed by a short HackerRank test. No followup after I took the exam. I believe the final step was going onsite for an interview.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MicroStrategy.

Interview

First I got an Online Assessment one week after I applied from a social event of Mircrostrategy , which includes four parts, coding problems, design problems, verbal problems and mathematical problems. These questions are not hard and should be done within an hour. Then as soon as I completed all these questions, I got an email to set up a time schedule for a phone interview. The phone interview was simple and quick, just 15 minutes. And we just went through some standard processes, like her introducing Microstrategy and me explaining details on my resume. But I think the reason that the phone interview was so fast is that my resume is not impressive at all and they just want to go through standard procedures. Anyway, in the following week, I got the rejection email.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA) in October 2018.

Interview

Applied online and received an online coding challenge. After a week got an on site interview (1 hour behavioral and technical). A week after I got my response to the interview.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

first a online coding challenge with 3 other tests testing english, reading, and design abilities and then an hour on site final interview. The process took around two weeks. The on site portion was both behavioral and technical

Interview Questions

• pretty much elaborate on your experience and explain your resume   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Tysons, VA) in October 2018.

Interview

Applied through campus career portal. Online did 4 rounds of assessment, 1 on math, 1 on grammar, 1 on statistical visualization, and 1 hacker-rank. All pretty easy. Then got called to interview on-campus. Asked some behavorial question regarding how you deal with technical projects and passions in technology. Then there was a coding problem. The interviewer didn't make much eye contact, kept looking at his watch, rushed the entire thing. Gave me 5 minutes to come up with my own algorithm, before forcing me to understand and implement his.

Interview Questions

• Valid Parenthesis grouping, binary search (hacker-rank)   Answer Question
    • What's one project you worked on, did you have to improvise, how do you manage multi-tasking, what do you do if you find a simple error in your coding, how do you keep up with new technology.   Answer Question
    • Get rid of k digits from a n digit number so that it's the smallest it could possibly be.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied through my school career website and online. The first round was an on-campus technical. Next, I received a HackerRank with multiple choice and coding questions. Finally, I was invited to an on-site interview which consisted of 3 parts (technical, project presentation, behavioral).

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MicroStrategy.

Interview

The whole process took about a month. Interview questions were not challenging. There are about 4 interviews for the onsite interview.
    Onsite interview (Career Fair) --> HackerRank --> Phone Screening --> Onsite Interview

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MicroStrategy in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process took around 2 months. I applied in January and reached the final round of interviews in March. The process included a phone screening interview, technical, and an on-site one at Virginia.

Interview Questions

• Basic things at the screening interview, and then technical was some data structure things-not difficult at all. the on-site one was kinda stressful, talking to 4 different ppl which included a technical as well.   Answer Question