MicroStrategy Operations Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MicroStrategy Operations Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at MicroStrategy

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA) in June 2011.

Interview

Very simple process. Talked to the recruiter and then to my future manager. After the first round, I met for a face to face interview where I was given an exam to take to test my skills. After that I was given a verbal offer

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was the normal back and forth during the negotiating stage concerning the mix between fixed and variable (bonus) salaries. We both were able to come to a satisfactory decision.

Other Interview Reviews for MicroStrategy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

Phone screen. Robot-like questions. Asked if you can do these tasks listed on the job description. Wanted to keep the screen short, did not want to get to know you.

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MicroStrategy in May 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by contractor, quick process. Recruiting agency found my resume from Monster.com and contacted me for my language skills. Was hired pretty quickly, phone interviewed by recruiter then was contacted by hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing in 10 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiate your salary!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virgin, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Virgin, UT) in June 2017.

Interview

I was shortlisted by the HR for a scheduled interview. There was no verbal communication with the HR during the entire recruitment process, except email replies. My initial concern was, what if the candidate's email has security encrypted, he or she may miss the chance for being shortlisted. Luckily I found the first mail sent by the HR and granted the HR's email access to my inbox.

I then went on for the 1st round of interview through video conferencing with the hiring manager. Clear, precise, and spot on. We were talking about what can be done and what can I further value add on. After the 1st round of interview, I will have to complete an online assessment, (verbal, numerical, reasoning, analytical). The 2nd interview was also confirmed concurrently during the online assessment. All these were done through emails. HR confirmed the interviewed slot with a senior management and I acknowledged with a reply.

During the 2nd round of interview, I was left baffled and surprised as the senior management did not initiate the video conference interview, since it had been confirmed. More than half an hour passed and there was no sign, I immediately replied to the HR that there was no interview conducted as scheduled. I was quite disappointed with the HR's reply on the next day, mentioning that there was issue with the senior management's video conference software. My 2nd thought was that, if there was an immediate issue, why don't the interviewer gave me an immediate call or mail by reply, stating the interview could not be conducted. If so there was an emergency, I can be reachable through my phone or email, since I had my time slot confirmed. It seems the senior management don't care to attend or respond at all.

The next day through email, HR apologised on behalf and mentioned to find out what had actually happened, while to reschedule another round of interview. 2 weeks down the road, there were neither replies nor verbal contact from the HR. With huge disappointment and surprised I was then concluded by the HR's email mentioning they had moved on with another candidate. I pretty much anticipated this would happen. With such unprofessional conduct, misleading information, and poor recruitment process, I will never ever consider an opportunity with MicroStrategy.

To other potential candidates out there who intend to apply for a position with MicroStratgy, I will advise you to think twice.

Interview Questions

• What do you understand about Big Data   1 Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MicroStrategy.

Interview

Mostly questions about systems experience, data analytics and work with excel. Questions about what you know regarding Microstrategy and their work with software. Short intervie consisisting of fifteen-twenty minutes. Spoke with a global analyst within their company regarding the future options regarding career direction within Microstrategy

Interview Questions

• What equations have you used in excel? Tell me about your experience with CRMs?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA) in September 2015.

Interview

I met with the VP of Global Alliances directly and we spoke about the direction of the program and the targeted goals for the year. Straight forward on the challenges regarding the position.