New York Life Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,179 Interview Reviews

2.4

1. Featured Interview

Campus Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

The interview process had three rounds. Two technical rounds to test the knowledge of technologies mentioned in the resume. Both the technical rounds will have at least 2 programming questions related to data-structures and algorithms

Interview Questions

• Will not disclose because of agreement   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Interview

It was a group information session and they accepted everyone who attended. Show up in a suit, come early and be prepared to listen a lot. The job was interesting, not very organized but it was an experience. If you are a people person and can talk on the phone then this internship is for you. There is certainly an opportunity to make money.

Financial Services Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at New York Life (Baton Rouge, LA).

Interview

It's a 3 interview process. I've completed the first interview, which was a walk thru of my resume and a getting to know employer/employee. It was fairly comfortable setting without much pressure from my interviewer.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at New York Life (Orlando, FL) in February 2018.

Interview

Pleasant, direct. They need an administrative assistant and while I am an executive assistant, she was very professional and it is a good opportunity for an administrative assistant. While the pay range was below my scale, it is an excellent chance for an up and comer to get into the industry and build.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at New York Life (Austin, TX).

Interview

Beautiful office space in Austin, but negative interview experience. Company information seemed too rehearsed and hiring manager was very condescending in the interview.
    Overall, the work culture wasn't for me.

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

Telephone interview which lasted for about 20 minutes. I think the interviewer was inexperienced and also didn’t make the interview run in an organized manner. He misconstrued my responses even after I had clarified over and over again.

Interview Questions

• Difference between whole life insurance and term insurance.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

Group interview with about 4 others. Kind of nerve wrecking if you ask me. I got called back for the second interview which they say is a 2 hour process and where they will talk about compensation.

Interview Questions

• What are any of your questions?   2 Answers

Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY).

Interview

Three primary steps. FIrst is meeting the managing partner, then you are invited to a weekly/ bi weekly presentation about the company, compensation and how to earn money.

To be honest, when I came for the second meeting which was the presentation, the managing partner did not even remember who I was and believed thought I was there for the first interview with him. That was kind of disappointing because I thought we had a solid connection and talked consistently through email.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      Describe your personality traits.   1 Answer

Senior Compliance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

Phone interview led to in person. The phone interview was relatively easy. The in person had more to do with the day to day of the position. Didn't ask the typical behavioral/personality questions. Overall decent experience.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

I was approached by the Executive on Linkedin who called me a few days later and interviewed me in the New York office. He offered me to intern as I was still in college but the position was too much cold calling and commission based.

Interview Questions

• Why do you consider yourself entrepreneurial?   2 Answers

Agent Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

They have like 4 interviews/meetings while making you do an assignment that makes it seem like the job is actually doable but once you start the job is all commission based and they give you no leads and basically no actual support

Interview Questions

• Explain to me your past work experience   1 Answer