New York Life Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 20, 2017

2.4

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at New York Life (Glendale, CA).

Interview

Lengthy but I like that. It shows they are not just hiring anyone. However, they make you start "working" as if you have been officially hired without finishing their hiring process. Unfortunately, after two months of doing work for them and letting friends and family know that I started working there, they have decided they wouldn't want to go forward because of answers on my application. It was extremely unprofessional. I would advise whoever is applying to make sure they get officially hired before starting putting any work and go to training and marketing yourself. I've never experienced such lack of professionalism and carelessness.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you to reach out to your warm market?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

I applied through school career fair. Phone screening: describe some project experience, some statistics fundamental problems (hypothesis testing, p-value), and model interpretation and data manipulation problems (Explain Random Forest to business clients, cross-validation ).

Interview Questions

• some statistics fundamental problems (hypothesis testing, p-value), and model interpretation(Random Forest).   Answer Question

Electrician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview process was good was asked of basic electrical questions and then told about the company and what to expect benefit stuff like that. We went over all the safety and Hazards of the workplace always showed around the facilities in the parking lot showing where I wasn't going to be parking and then told where I was going to be driving over all the interview was great

Interview Questions

Negotiation

good very easy

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

My first round of interviews was a phone interview. The call was very casual and was based on getting to know me. They asked basic questions about where I attend school and how I am involved on campus and in my past jobs. I had time at the end of the call to ask my own questions about the company.

Interview Questions

• What is your comfort level on a scale of 1-10 with using Microsoft word, PowerPoint, excel, and access?   Answer Question

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Memphis, TN) in February 2017.

Interview

There are 3 interviews. The first one is opening and more of a sales pitch. The 2nd is all about compensation. I have not had the 3rd interview but I'm willing to bet that it's another sales pitch situation

Senior Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

Great interview process. Very informative. Met with different managers across the organization. Definitely great place to work. Many opportunities for growth and would recommend the company to external candidates.

Sales Interview

Interview

They will bring almost anyone in there--there was almost no screening beforehand. There was a test, which was not accurately described by the person who led me into the room to take it, which was focused on a candidate's attitude towards sales, insurance, and selling to people you know.

After the "test", I was informed that the person I had come to see was "in a meeting with corporate" and would see me the following week. Surely I understood, right?

Of course no one called. I never heard from them again.

Interview Questions

• Do you agree or disagree that insurance salespeople are honest?   2 Answers

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York Life (Huntsville, AL) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview and a brief introduction of each of the interviewees and the interviewer. During the interview they also had shown what they had to offer. By the end we were asked to do a test and complete a background check.

Financial Adviser Trainee and Sales Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at New York Life (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

My resume was reviewed through Monster and they reached out to me to by email schedule an interview. I was emailed with a date/time confirmation by the one who I thought was going to be my interviewer; however, another agent met with me since I was exceptionally early (30 min). My interviewer was very nice and gave me a brief company presentation about how NYL and shared that there are multiple employment tracks within the company, yet each everybody starts out as an agent.

Interview Questions

• Name two things not on your resume that you are most proud of.   Answer Question

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Fort Wayne, IN) in January 2017.

Interview

I had three separate interviews with the branch manager. The first one was with him and his assistant that allowed us to get to know each other and tell me about the company. The second was more in depth about the job and questions I had. The final interview was more about how compensation works and why I should work for them.

Interview Questions

• If someone that knew you was asked to describe you using five adjectives what would the be?   1 Answer