New York Life Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,207 Interview Reviews

2.4

1. Featured Interview

Campus Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

The interview process had three rounds. Two technical rounds to test the knowledge of technologies mentioned in the resume. Both the technical rounds will have at least 2 programming questions related to data-structures and algorithms

Interview Questions

• Will not disclose because of agreement   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at New York Life in April 2018.

Interview

The interview started with a computer basic psychological test. Followed by one on one interview with one of the partners at the firm. Questions were in the "getting to know you" style.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York Life in April 2018.

Interview

I felt very comfortable to have my first interview. The recruiter introduced the company what the position is. Then asked to briefly introduce yourself, what your strengths? How many people do you know here?

Insurance Agent Interview

Interview

three stage interview process with the last stage being with my spouse. Was not a fast process but was a good one. Was shown how the system works.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

I applied for this position after meeting with a recruiter at a career fair. The interview process was relatively simple. My interview was more of a discussion than a typical question and answer session. There were multiple interviews. The experience took several weeks until completion.

Interview Questions

• The interview was more of an open discussion about my personality and values, and how that relates to what is required in the job.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life in March 2018.

Interview

First round of interviews they just get to know you, talk about your resume an why you would be a good fit. Overall was a great experience during the interview process

Corporate Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Boston, MA) in March 2018.

Interview

Because I go to school in Boston but was applying for a summer internship in NY, both of my interviews were over the phone. The first one was very behavioral and was with a recruiter and the second was with the manager that I would be under if I got the job. That one was more specific about the role I would be in and my skill set. I'm waiting to hear back to see whether or not there's another interview or if I got the internship.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Charlotte, NC) in March 2018.

Interview

Very precise, each meeting had a set objective of what was going to be covered. They made it very clear what they would expect from you. But the way it was worded was definitely in a sales manner to make it seem better than it probably is (I'm not a natural salesperson so I found out this job is definitely not for me)

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer

MBA Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at New York Life (Austin, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

They describe it as MBA Leadership program but in the end is just the same old thing they do to attract agents -which is kind of misleading.

I was given a speech that it was clear the person gave many times per day (0 charisma there). You would have to interrupt them (almost rudly) if you want to speak. And then handed some tests. I passed the 1st and was asked to complete a form online for Background check and then request to return to a 2nd interview.

I was given some other personality tests (shorter) in the 2nd interview (all clearly focused on capabilities to become an agent/salesman). It takes less than 10 min to do. If it not satisfactory in terms of what thet expect the 2nd interview will be over very fast. I did "not pass". I just do not know why they did not give me that in the 1st interview to be honest.

Interview Questions

• Not many questions. I went twice and it all seemed very mechanic.   1 Answer

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I interviewed at New York Life (Bethesda, MD) in March 2018.

Interview

I only attended the 1st interview. It took about 45 minutes. The interview was positive with normal questions. The partner introduced the company and took me to have a look at their offices.

Interview Questions

• What wakes you up every morning? How can your tell if your clients want to cooperate or not?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Interview

It was a group information session and they accepted everyone who attended. Show up in a suit, come early and be prepared to listen a lot. The job was interesting, not very organized but it was an experience. If you are a people person and can talk on the phone then this internship is for you. There is certainly an opportunity to make money.