New York Life Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,095 Interview Reviews

2.4

1. Featured Interview

Campus Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

The interview process had three rounds. Two technical rounds to test the knowledge of technologies mentioned in the resume. Both the technical rounds will have at least 2 programming questions related to data-structures and algorithms

Interview Questions

• Will not disclose because of agreement   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

It only took 1 min to ask me if I had any sales experience. And then the manager told me they don't sponsor h1b and then let me go. It was a rainy day and I drove 3 hours to long island for this interview. It was really a bad experience.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

Received phone call, schedule in person interview right away. In person interview was all about motivation to make money. Took online personality profile. Mandatory 2 hour seminar with other candidates

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at New York Life (Roseville, CA).

Interview

There was a series of four interviews. A homework assignment was to interview 10 friends as prospective customers. My wife was asked to come to one interview with me. It was not high pressure.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to see that I'm stable, professional and willing to prospect for new business.   1 Answer

Financial Services Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at New York Life (Edison, NJ) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. I only went for the first round, I'm not very interested in a sales job. It was very casual, they asked about me then explained their 3 year training process and how various sales quotas would have to be met throughout the training program. He informed me there would be later round interviews if I was interested in the position.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY).

Interview

There was a phone screening call first, in which we discussed what they were doing and the relevancy of my experiences to their needs. This was followed by a face to face interview, where I met with the internal recruiter, a team of peers, and finally the hiring manager. The recruiter mentioned that the goal was to try to change the culture, but in five years of work the culture was not ready to accept change from within.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I knew anything about how annuities worked. They also asked detailed questions about my technical experience as a software developer.   2 Answers

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at New York Life (Boston, MA).

Interview

Went into the office and talked to a current employee about how he was trying to start a team. I was told that there was no starting salary and that all my income would be dependant on commission. I was not interested in that so I wrapped up the interview and never contacted them again.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to take a job with 0 base salary and 100% commission?   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at New York Life (Buffalo, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

My resume got floated to them which resulted in a call by one of the HR reps. The rep was polite and seemed like he looked into my background fairly well. Overall very professional.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about what we do here?   1 Answer

Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Life (Norfolk, VA) in August 2017.

Interview

The first interview was simply to get to know me. The agent who conducted the interview was very nice and straightforward about what I would need to do in the job. New York Life very obviously wants to hire you if you will put in the hours.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals in your current job?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at New York Life (San Francisco, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

It was about an hour minutes long. It was great to get to know the company. Though I didn't like the idea of selling life insurance, they emphasized possible growth within the company.

Sales Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Life (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in August 2017.

Interview

first interview just introduce the company the first one and still waiting the next one next week, i have to fill application online and read few resources they gave it to me,