New York Life Interview Questions

Updated May 10, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,617 of over 1.6K interviews

Campus Recruiting12%
2.4
HardAverageEasy

New York Life

Application

I interviewed at New York Life

Interview

They reached out to me eager to talk. Interview was okay but the interviewer talked a lot about himself. It felt very pushy and asked a lot about my personal life.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me more about yourself
    Answer Question

New York Life

Application

I interviewed at New York Life

Interview

Pretty straight forward. It's you will need to approved through a brief evaluation of sales process and prospecting ability. There is a second interview that basically describes your contribution to move forward and what it take to get a full time contract.

Interview Questions
  • How do you feel about working long hours and prospecting?

New York Life

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at New York Life

Interview

Very unprofessional. First time was rescheduled 10 minutes before phone interview. The term "interview" should be used loosely since I was not aware it was an interview. The recruiter asked if I wanted to learn more about an open position. Rescheduling was made to work around the recruiter's time and not mine even though the recruiter had asked to reschedule. At the interview, which was late, the recruiter clearly did not want to be talking to me. Left to do something else. Sounded rushed, busy and annoyed. Did not seem sure about the positions that were open.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

New York Life

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Life

Interview

Was straightforward and easy process. The lady was nice and asked many good questions. I didn’t think it would be as easy as it was. Would apply again if there was another opening.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

New York Life

Application

I interviewed at New York Life

Interview

Interviewer explained in detail about NYL bussiness model. There was not one technical question in one hour technical interview. The worst part is HR representatives just ghosted , without any news on interview response.

Interview Questions
  • Do you follow agile model, are you comfortable working in legacy systems

New York Life

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at New York Life

Interview

No question asked by interviewer. No review of my resume. He only talked about the education benefit the company offered and you "bright" future with the company. There was many empty office cubicles in the office and he told me that many workers were working remotely. Utterly scam call. Steer steep away from them.

Interview Questions
  • Will you be available for the second round interview next Wednesday?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Life (Louisville, KY)

Interview

They put on an absolute show. The manager in Louisville was a very likable guy and I thoroughly enjoyed talking to him. I wish what they preached was actually true. I didn't end up taking the job, and now they reach out to my friends and family that I provided as references. They even reached out to my current boss asking him to interview for an entry-level job.

Interview Questions
  • What are three characteristics that your friends would describe you as?

New York Life

Application

I interviewed at New York Life

Interview

Started with a phone call with an assistant to a planner. I was sent a questionnaire after to assess my personality (how likely I was to achieve sales from the beginning)

Interview Questions
  • How likely I was (1 out of 5) to sell to family and friends
1 person found this interview helpful

New York Life

Application

I interviewed at New York Life

Interview

Interview was over Zoom. 1st round. Pretty straightforward, mostly informational. The partner/interviewer seemed really nice, answered all of my questions and gave a realistic view on things. Could see myself working for him but the salary and bonus structure did not fit my experience and expectations.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

New York Life

Application

I interviewed at New York Life

Interview

Three rounds of interviews. All three in the main office where I was interviewing. I was working with the same interviewer for all three rounds. Very nice experience though and my interviewer was great.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,617 Interviews