New York Life Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at New York Life

1,444 Interview Reviews

2.4

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

Two interviews that were professional and done very well. The company is a very reputable one with a very good staff. Was pleased with the information that they provided in both interviews.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you competed for something and succeeded?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

It was OK. Prior to hour long interview I was told base salary plus commission. Turns out it is 100% commission, no leads provided. I declined offer since it did not match what I was expecting nor what I was told during the preliminary interview.

Recruiting Manager Interview

Interview

Set up a call with one of the Recruiting Partners. Never called me, didn't give me any heads up that he needs to reschedule. I reached out to see if we were still on for our call and no reply.

III STEP PROCESS Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in May 2020.

Interview

1st interview was over zoom, was asked a lot of questions about my hobbies and what I do for fun and would people trust me with my advice. Also what a study in undergraduate and what organization/clubs I was apart of.

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Interview

Asked to do a tableau assessment on the spot. Otherwise it was a behavioral interview mostly. First round was the assessment, second round with the VP. Both rounds on the same day at the New York Office.

Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

Like any other sales job. They want to make sure that you are self starting and driven. They also explain coms and incentives. You will meet multiple times. At the end you'll take a personality assessment.

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Waltham, MA) in April 2020.

Interview

slow moving process.
    They don’t really tell you next steps but keep asking for very personal information before offering employment.
    They have a complicated pay structure.
    Eventually charge you from future expenses.

Agent Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

You go through four stages, which took for almost a month. Note that they want to hire you quite a bit because they need to hit a quota every year.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at New York Life (Edison, NJ).

Interview

3 steps. The first is a very easy intro and questions. Then, they will send a link for background information submission and a personality test. The background check would be very long and detail.
    Not sure the second and third yet.

Finance Advisor Interview

Interview

Recruiters are nice, and there is no stress during the interview, just like an ordinary chat. Speaking speed is not fast, also give time to think about the problem. Allows you to eliminate tension faster and make the best use of yourself.