New York Life Interview Questions

Updated May 12, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,790 of over 1,790.0 interviews

Campus Recruiting12%
2.4
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY)

Interview

3 step interview with HR, a manager, and the CEO's presentation at the end. They are very chill to interview with if you know how to talk. Just be confident and know what you're talking about.

Interview Questions
  • "One bad experience from previous work and how you handled it?"
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY)

Interview

I applied at the campus recruiting and got an opening call from recruiter shortly after. There were 3 technical interview rounds. There was a week ish interval between each round. And one final presentation with previous project.

Interview Questions
  • What is the difference between bagging and boosting? What is p value

What people are saying about New York Life

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at New York Life (San Jose, CA) in May 2022

Interview

Great energy the assistant of the hiring manager is there to be in touch. It almost felt too easy to get hired. However, I am great at talking but for the most part, it was relaxed. Business heavy so is prepared to be professional.

Interview Questions
  • Why New York Life? Why in this industry? Are you prepared to not make any money for the first 2 years? Are you ready for the grind?

New York Life

Application

I interviewed at New York Life

Interview

An interview is a structured conversation where one participant asks questions, and the other provides answers. In common parlance, the word "interview" refers to a one-on-one conversation between an interviewer and an interviewee. The interviewer asks questions to which the interviewee responds, ...

Interview Questions
  • about you why the compnay why cahnge

New York Life

Application

I interviewed at New York Life

Interview

Several zoom interviews with local partner and fellow agent, followed by interview with managing partner. Very easy process because they want to hire you as long as you show some level of interest.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

New York Life

Application

I interviewed at New York Life

Interview

During my interview, goals, expectations, workflow, training, and culture of the company was thoroughly discussed. New York Life insists on high standards and invests in their employees' happiness and well-being; this ensures healthy home and work (life) balance. Not only are they passionate about their Staff , but the emphasis on client/customer relations is paramount.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

New York Life

Application

I interviewed at New York Life

Interview

Phone interview, was a typical phone interview with three part questions. I was not offered the job after two rounds of interviews and did not find out for months after wards.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer
1 person found this interview helpful

New York Life

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Life in Apr 2022

Interview

Easy question and answer set up. Interview was online through zoom. Short interview, with basic questions, mostly asking what you would expect from the job. It was an easy going interview, but didn't fully explain the extent of the job itself.

Interview Questions
  • What sparked interest in the job? Why would you be an asset?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in Apr 2022

Interview

The interview was conducted via phone interview. Answering questions from the manager. Talk about the position and job duty. After the phone interview, the manager scheduled a time in office interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in Apr 2022

Interview

Started with the introduction questions were easy and manageable liked the overall format about the interview as it was more of a conversation type rather than a interview. If you are someone who loves sales i will say take it.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,790 Interviews

New York Life Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at New York Life as 59.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.40 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Financial Services Professional and Financial Advisor rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Agent and Insurance Agent roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at New York Life takes an average of 19 days when considering 1,897 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Financial Advisor had the quickest hiring process (on average 13 days), whereas Insurance Agent roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 20 days).

Common stages of the interview process at New York Life according to 1,897 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 25.25%