Northrop Grumman Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,164 Interview Reviews

2.6

Aircraft Electrician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Based on my experience it took a year for them to look at me again after having failed my first interview with them. But that was then and my second interview was a success. Either you can attend a person to person interview on-site or have a interview conducted online.

Interview Questions

• 40 minute interview that discusses your experience in the electro-mechanical field. Several questions "quiz" on how some electronic principles work; what is Ohms law? Where do you see yourself in or 10 years.   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman in October 2013.

Interview

Quick and effective. Phone call to face to face interview was 2 weeks. Hired 1 week after interview. Interview was relaxed and informative. The hiring manager turned out to also be my 3rd level manager.

Interview Questions

• Put these terms in order of importance.

Cost
      Schedule
      Quality   1 Answer

Aircraft Maintenance Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman in June 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and was set up with a phone interview the following day with the head of the department, the interview lasted roughly an hour and went very well. he stated he wanted to offer me a position on the condition of my background check and security clearance going well.

Interview Questions

• how would you handle being given a task with a fellow employee who did not work well with others?   Answer Question

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Baltimore, MD) in September 2015.

Interview

This one was really crazy. I applied online to a position in May. I continued with school and my job search process and had two other opportunities lined up until late that August I received a call from them asking if I was still interested. I said yes, and they set me up with an initial phone conference interview with the maintenance and QC managers. That went well and they extended me an offer to have me fly to the facility for a face to face interview.

The interview was very nice and yet different to others. They only really asked me a few technical questions, but the entire time they were pitching me the position like two salesmen at a car dealership. About how great the pay, benefits, schedule, tuition assistance and everything was. I also told them I had another great opportunity lined up and how they "really hope I would consider them." I was particularly interested in this position as it was in my home town and how motivated I was to come here. I finally had to say I accept the position as it was if they would make me an offer. They said they have another three applicants to interview to be fair, but verbatim "I don't foresee anyone coming in here that has a better resume and is a better fit then you."

I was very excited by this point, now just had to wait to receive an offer. And wait. And wait. About 10 days past before they finished interviewing and two weeks til I got an email saying a final decision had not been made, so more waiting. A full two months after the in person interview, after an email inquiry from me and another two days I got a phone call saying they decided to hire someone else. I was very disappointed in losing out on the job, but also in all the time, thought, and emotional effort spent waiting for them to reach a decision.

I guess my pride is also hurt as I graduated top of class, was undefeated in 6 interviews this year, and have been one of the best employees and smartest persons everywhere I've been. I rationalize the decision as their loss.

Bottom line, the physical interview was a breeze, I didn't appreciate all the hot air on their part just to be shut down, and that I was kept dangling for what amounted to two months between interview and final decision.

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

Thru contact house. Took a month to do back ground checks. Showed up. Had an in-doc class that makes you relieve that you will be working with children. Here are some more works to meet the 30 word that are required to summit anything.

Configuration Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Baltimore, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview felt like an everyday conversation. Basically just went through what the was going to be like and then talked about my resume. They did not ask any technical or difficult questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult teammate and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (New York, NY).

Interview

1. Telephone pre-screen, which then schedule dates for hiring manager and lead supervisor
    2. Interview about 50-75 minutes
    3. Follow up telephone call with recruiter/talent acquisition informing of selection, asked about starting salary ( do not give them a number), explained the process of moving forward, filled out a bunch of documents clearance (military)

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Huntsville, AL) in December 2017.

Interview

Recruiter called to setup phone interview - within a week recruiter called to set up in person interview - heard back within 48 hours. Very easy interview, calm environment. Very organic conversation.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (San Jose, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Can be lengthy process.

Interview Questions

• This is a senior level position so there were no typical HR type personality questions during interview process...was more of a conversation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (San Diego, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Submitted my resume via webpage took two months to get a phone call, went on the interview with two managers. I didnt hear anything back for a couple months figured I didnt get the job, then received another phone call for a follow up interview then started a month later. Nothing moves quickly in this company.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard but I dont like getting asked the question what are your weaknesses. Pretty Popular question.   Answer Question