Northrop Grumman Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,487 Interview Reviews

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

Applied online in January. Got a phone interview in February. Got an offer in March. Turned down the offer since I had received a better offer somewhere else, but the overall interview process was pleasant.

Associate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

The interview process and the manger that interviewed me was very nice. There weren't really any technical questions and the interview felt very smooth and natural. The work that I'll be doing seems very interesting.

Interview Questions

Interview

Applied online, heard back with a screening "interview" over the phone.
    Got pushed on to a Skype interview with the managers. Quick and easy process, focused mostly on why Northrop is a great place to work.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

The hiring and interview process did not take terribly long. I am actually still waiting on the official offer. I had two seperate interviews and there were no terribly difficult questions.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle if someone asked me to do something against specific rules?   Answer Question

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Woodland Hills, CA) in May 2020.

Interview

The interview was very casual, like having a conversation with 3 people. The questions were a blend of behavioral and technical, mostly asking to elaborate on projects l've completed in the past. The panel interview was conducted over zoom.

After the interview, the status on my application changed from "interview" to "completed". I assumed this was the decision process. After 2 weeks or so, I reached out to the recruiter for a follow up, no response. 1 week later, my application changed to "No longer under consideration".

Interview Questions

• What industrial engineering tools have you used in the past?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redondo Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Redondo Beach, CA).

Interview

Applied online. Was scheduled for an in-person interview within a couple of weeks. Showed up for the interview and waited with security for over an hour before leaving because my interviewer was 'out of office' as recruiting mistakenly scheduled my interview for the wrong day. Rescheduled the interview for two weeks later. The second attempt, the interviewer was sick, so candidates had to interview with other project managers that were on site. Interview was very informal as a result, and only basic resume questions were asked. The interviewer told me to expect to hear back in a couple of weeks; it took almost two months to get the decision. Recruiting at this company is a disorganized and unprofessional mess, especially if you're applying online. Don't waste your time waiting for NGC and keep recruiting for other companies regardless of how well your interview went.

Interview Questions

• How does your experience make you a good fit for this role?   Answer Question

Manager, Programs Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Tampa, FL) in April 2020.

Interview

Contacted initially by staffing firm, vetted, then contacted directly by NG. Multiple telephone interviews panels. Final conversation with the organization/division leader prior to securing offer. Managerial test/questionnaire required prior to offer for leadership position. Pre-hire screening/background check and drug-test before onboarding

Interview Questions

• Explain the largest program you've managed, number of personnel on task, experience with managing multiple sub-vendors both CONUS/OCONUS   Answer Question

Team Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman in April 2020.

Interview

Phone interview. Approximately 1 hour. Interviewer started with a description of the job. Then asked questions that we’re specific to the job posting. Interview was informal and the interviewer was straight forward with all questions and answers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in the future?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman in April 2020.

Interview

Only 1 interview. It was held in Zoom.
    A panel interview consisting two technical leads and a scum master.
    It took me two days for me to know the result.
    It was an easy interview and very positive.

Interview Questions

• What is IOC?
      What is a BeanFactory?
      What's a cache? When do you basically update it?
      How can you minimize connecting to the database if you're querying the same record everytime?
      How do you establish JPA in Springboot?
      What are the cache levels in JPA?
      What's the meaning of "volatile" in Java?
      What is REST?
      Explain the cycle of an AJAX process?
      What's the purpose of Angular JS?
      Some jquery questions like traversing to a parent element.
      What are the tools you use in testing web service API's(Postman and SOAP UI)   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman in April 2020.

Interview

It was a phone interview that asked basic scenario questions like "How would you xyz". The hiring manager, the director and another manager was asking their own questions. The whole interview lasted about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize in a fast paced environment?   1 Answer

Interview

Very Simple, they just asked me quesitons straight off of my resume. They didn't seem that interested in anything that wasn't on my resume. It seemed like they were training a new interviewer and

Interview Questions

• How have you maintained your GPA while still balancing your school and social life and family.   Answer Question