Northrop Grumman Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northrop Grumman Interview Questions

Updated Jan 15, 2018
1,122 Interview Reviews

2.6

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

Had a brief one hour interview with the recruiter that I met at Career Showcase. Asked mostly conceptual questions like the differences between polymorphism and inheritance, when to use java and when to use C++, and some basic behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• When would using Java be more beneficial than using C++?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

Interviewed at an On-Campus site after talking to recruiters during a meet & greet. One interview, took about 30 minutes, talked to 3 total employees and was only given basic STAR questions because they were rushed for time.

Interview Questions

• What is a situation in which you had to go out of your comfort zone?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

Applied and heard back within 3 weeks for a phone screen. Immediately heard back for an in person interview. Got a call the next day saying that they would like to hire me. Overall the entire process was smooth and the people I worked with were great.

Interview Questions

• Reviewed my background, standard behavioral questions, and my interests. Very straightforward   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

Behavioral interview nothing out of the ordinary. Interviewed with two young professionals, insisted that the interview be conversational to make the process less stressful for both sides. Had my resume and transcripts printed out and asked questions about them

Interview Questions

• greatest weakness, excel experience, why NGC, tell me about yourself, greatest accomplishment   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

Video Interview with two engineers. Standard OOP type questions. I was just a sophomore in CS so they didn't expect me to know too much data structure or algorithm type stuff.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

Wanted to know leadership experiences and general personality; Talked about why I was majoring in what I was majoring and general small talk - 45 minute interview process with no technical question; They followed up with an email saying that they were interested in me and what steps I had to take to say that I was interested as well

Interview Questions

• Asked me a question but did not give much information   1 Answer

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

An on campus recruiting visit led very quickly to an on site interview. The recruiters and managers were very helpful throughout the process. Follow up and communication was very quick.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected questions asked during the interview, standard questions about my experience and why I was led to Northrup Grumman.   Answer Question

RF Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

Interviewed with them early November at career fair. Still waiting for a response. Not sure if its suppose to take this long. But I don't graduate any until next year so maybe that's why. Mostly behavior questions.

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Huntsville, AL) in December 2017.

Interview

Recruiter called to setup phone interview - within a week recruiter called to set up in person interview - heard back within 48 hours. Very easy interview, calm environment. Very organic conversation.

Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Went to career fair and got an email about an on-campus interview. There was only one interview. The questions were mostly behavioral (e.g. weaknesses, strengths, why I chose my major etc)

Interview Questions

• Asked questions about the projects I listed in my resume. No technical questions.   Answer Question