Papa John's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Papa John's

1.4

Corporate Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Papa John's (Louisville, KY) in April 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with HR rep via telephone and was scheduled for an interview with the hiring manager. Interview went all right, with one notable exception: the interviewer described one of my current job responsibilities in a negative and biased way. When I didn't agree with him and explained why not, he became angry. Not overtly so, but he turned red and was tight-lipped, obviously put out that I would not agree with him.

After that interview, the HR rep called and left a message for me to return the call. Upon my returning the call, she let me know that they had decided to pursue another candidate. It is unusual to have HR follow up at all, much less with a phone call when they are not interested. However, please don't make me call you back for a rejection. Leave a message, or send an email.

Two months after that, I received an email letting me know that the company had narrowed their search, and I wasn't on the list. I had successfully put that unfortunate interview out of my mind, but was unpleasantly reminded of it with this long overdue email.

Interview Questions

• Criticism of how my current company handles a particular situation, with a "Don't you agree?" added at the end.   Answer Question

Papa Johns Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Papa John's (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

Short, and easy, supplied online through snagajob.com, went in for interview, got hired on the spot and started the next day. Training took less than a day, but you train on everything in store also. You go on three rides with someone then you go by your self.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Papa John's (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Did my application online, few months pass by & I get a call asking to come in for an interview. Manager asks me a few simple questions & gave me paperwork to fill out.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Papa John's (Marietta, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was easy, I got a call to come in and check out the restaurant, they offered me a job, the manager was very easy and I did my interview while the manager was making pizza so it wasn't hard at all

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked at a restaurant?   1 Answer

Phone Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Papa John's (Houston, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

I walked in and asked if I could speak to the manager as I was dropping off my application. He took me to him and asked one question. I filled out an employee form on their computer and the manager told me to come back the next week...

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with answering phones?   1 Answer

Phone Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Papa John's (San Antonio, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

Walked in, filled out an application, and hired on spot after one question. Very easy and up front. Front line work, so no difficult questions were asked. They were in need of help.

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Papa John's (Costa Mesa, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

I walked into Papa Johns and asked for the manager. I asked if he needed a driver and he said yes. He gave me an application to fill out. The very next day I was delivering pizzas.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a car and valid insurance?   1 Answer
    • Do you speak Spanish?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Papa John's (Peoria, IL) in January 2010.

Interview

The marquee said "Hiring drivers." So I went in and talked to the general manager. He was super nice. He said he would let me work that night if there wasn't paperwork to process. I was working within a week. We did one interview right there on the spot. It was mostly about availability, working vehicle, and willing to work nights.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Just act professional. Don't look like a slob. I had been out looking for other jobs, so I happened to have a tie on. I know, it seems weird to have a tie on in Papa John's. But hey, I got the job immediately. Throughout my time there, I saw other applications. The ones with stupid answers, we all laughed at. The ones that sounded somewhat intelligent usually got called.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Papa John's (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2011.

Interview

Simple hiring process. Typical paper application. Face to face interview and job offer on the same day. Interviewed with store manager during an off peak time.

Interview Questions

• Do you like pizza? Um, Duh! Who doesn't??   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Thibodaux, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Papa John's (Thibodaux, LA).

Interview

I applied for the job online and was called in the next day to fill out paperwork. I started that day. There wasn't much of an interview. I did have to do an extremely long computer course.