PlayStation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at PlayStation

2.7

Software Development Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Interview

I broadly categorize SDET jobs into two buckets. Companies that expect you to have developer-level skills and treat you as such, and companies that don't. Based on interview, this company definitely does not, which is fine for most people but not for others.

HR interview led to a take-home project. The take-home project had several questions and diagrams that didn't make sense architecturally, but you could eventually puzzle out the writer's intentions.

The remote interview was done on collabedit. The questions were simple but the interviewer nitpicked syntax instead of algorithmic correctness, and was combative about it to boot. Collabedit isn't a compiler so it was a strange thing to emphasize.

Overall, I thought the experience didn't measure up to that of other companies I've interviewed for.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PlayStation.

Interview

I received an email for a 30 min phone interview with a recruiter not long after I applied. I scheduled time on her calendar and also replied directly to her email to say thanks for reaching out. At the time of the interview no one called. I waited and checked my email, but no call or email. I emailed the recruiter to see if she wanted to reschedule, but still no response after several days. I would expect better behavior considering covid-19, but I guess some people will use this as an opportunity to disregard people even more.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PlayStation.

Interview

Interview with Consumer Experience Team. Hiring Manager showed interest and had a phone call followed by two onsite interview. Interview process was smooth. But Feedback or offer stage is where the things go downhill. Somehow I felt HR was not honest with her response. First she said she just have two people up for onsite then she said she have two people lined up for onsite next week.Then same response next week.
    They could have easily responded with a yes or no but they would love to spoil a candidate interview experience. I hope no other candidates has to go through same pain and stay away from such HR. It's a shame they are even in such a job.

Data Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PlayStation in March 2020.

Interview

Applied online and get the interview request three weeks after. Two rounds: phone call(Monday) and virtual(Friday that week). The entire interview process is really efficient and quick. Interviewers are very nice.

Interview Questions

• They will provide you with a game scenario and ask follow up questions.   Answer Question

Senior Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PlayStation (San Diego, CA) in March 2020.

Interview

Overall great experience. Applied online and I was contacted by a recruiter then he scheduled a quick interview with the hiring manager and a Sr Data Scientist. Second round they sent me a test to complete within 2 days including SQL and 1 Python problem. Last round was quiet extensive by not overwhelming. It was mostly conversational and 1 easy programing problem in python.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PlayStation.

Interview

I applied online, then got an email for a 30 minute phone screen. I expected behavioral questions, but it was mostly technical questions. The questions were pretty simple, mostly about language features.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PlayStation.

Interview

I applied online and got a response about a month later. I was asked to interview over the phone with people on the team and that took 30 minutes.

Training Manager, Consumer Experience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PlayStation (San Mateo, CA) in February 2020.

Interview

-Application followed up on two weeks after submission - filled out time availability form for phone screen interview
    -Recruiter was a no call/no show for agreed upon interview time
    -Waited 30 minutes then followed up by email
    -Recruiter responded an hour later and that a meeting went over time
    -Asked if I can call them by phone later that afternoon because they would be driving their car
    -Standard initial screening questions - experience, interest in role, transferable skills
    -Recommended a few changes to resume to better fit role
    -Outlined next steps including an interview with head of consumer experience department
    -Ghosted by recruiter and they never responded to multiple correspondences

Interview Questions

• - Tell me about yourself
      - How is my experience transferable to the role you're applying to?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PlayStation in February 2020.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the ML research team after my first interview with the manager. It was a conference call, and so there were a couple of people in the interview. The interview was going well and they asked very detailed machine learning questions about my work. But then another guy came in and started asking very WEIRED questions. He was asking questions related to my previous degree in Electrical Engineering (from which I switched to computer science) like How do you control the speed of a dc motor!!!! The questions were totally unrelated to the internship. He then asked me if I have any background in physics, to which I replied no. However, he kept asking physics-related questions anyways (such as, how do you simulate the center of mass motion!!!) . At this point I was extremely frustrated, and asked if any of these questions are related to my internship. The rest of the team then replied that they work on hardware-related stuff and they were wondering if I am interested to go in that direction. I strictly said no, and at this time we were over-time with our schedule. Then they asked some very basic math stuff, like what is a dot product, or what is an ODE.

Interview Questions

• How do you control the speed of a dc motor.
      What is an ODE
      What is a dot product   Answer Question

QA Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aliso Viejo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at PlayStation (Aliso Viejo, CA) in February 2020.

Interview

First had an online coding challenge that went very well and had great feedback from the person conducting it. I was scheduled to come in a few days later for a face-to-face with 3 people at separate times. I couldn't get through the first person and I decided to walk out and leave. It was clear this was a manual position from this person and the questions being asked were completely not relevant to the job. It was clear from previous remarks that they even doubted that I would be happy with this position being little to no automation. The interviewer proceeded to have me whiteboard some things that really make no sense to whiteboard at all versus having a good discussion. The interviewer was emotionless and certainly gave off an impression of being distracted, over their head and not impressed. I knew after the last coding question for a job that had no coding that there was no way I ever wanted to report to this person and I gathered my stuff and walked out.