Reynolds and Reynolds Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,085 Interview Reviews

3.1

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview

A very professional and exciting interview opportunity. Everyone I spoke to was open and honest about the position and processes. I went through a series of phone interviews with a recruiter, which led to three additional Skype interviews. Strongly recommend having questions prepared for each interview. Overall an amazing interview experience!

Interview Questions

• What was one competition you won? And one you lost? What did you learn from the one you lost?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview

Assessment tests, interview with recruiter, interview with manager. Typical questions, Nothing too interesting. Knew I got the job b/c the manager walked me back to recruiting and told them (in front of me) that they could call the last person they interviewed and let them know that they found someone else.

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (College Station, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

Started with a phone call. Then an aptitude test. Followed by a skype interview.

Interview Questions

• Giving what I thought the pros and cons of the company were.   Answer Question

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (College Station, TX).

Interview

The interview process was relaxed. I was asked basic questions about myself, strengths, weaknesses, etc.
    During the interview I was not asked specific questions about the job, since it seemed to be more of a pre interview to get to know me better.
    I expressed my interest in the recruiting position.
    It was a recruiter who interviewed me and all she gave me was a small description of the job.

Corporate Trainer Interview

Interview

Provided my resume to a current employee who was asked by a recruiter for leads. I thought this was a good sign, since an inside recommendation *should* carry some weight. Nope. Same process as any other applicant: online assessment, then on-campus assessment. Typical online assessment questions: vocabulary, history (??), work habits, values and integrity, etc. On-campus assessment was essentially a college ACT exam: patterns, sequences, math problems. They take away your phone and give you paper and pencil (Seriously? How about trading me for a simple four-function calculator?) Upon completion I was given the "our hiring managers will get back to you in three to five days" monotone announcement, and received a bland rejection letter three days later. I was never given a chance discuss my qualifications in assessment, competencies, learning objectives, etc--all the things they *should* be asking about. As a career educator and trainer, it was an insulting experience. They are clearly panning for gold, trying to find the best and brightest nuggets, with no regards to how much they cast aside (I suspect they churn 200+ bodies through the testing center a week). But it's their sandbox and if you want to play there it's by their rules. The next time I want a demoralizing experience, I'll step on the bathroom scale.

Interview Questions

• Nobody could expend the effort to speak with me.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Took an hour long assessment a day after I applied. A couple days later they responded saying that my test and shown inconclusive and asked me to retake it. I was hesitant because the first one was such a pain in the rear, I didn't want to waste my time if I wasn't going to get the interview. However, despite my better judgement, I took the hour-long assessment a second time. A week later I got an email saying I wouldn't be moving forward. Whoever thought up this hiring system is a complete moron. Who do these people think they are? Google? The FBI? No. Don't waste your time unless doing pointless assessments for mediocre companies is a hobby of yours.

Interview Questions

• In the house the mom and dad have five sons and three daughters. The sons have three sons each and the daughters have five sons each except on
      who has only one. How many bla bla bla   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

The biggest waste of my time ever.

The application took twenty minutes, I had a fifteen minute phone interview, followed by two hours of testing, then a half hour skype interview, followed by the most absurd questionnaire I've ever received "what're your parents, spouses parents, and spouse names, title, occupation, and location?" "What kind of car do you drive? What is the payment?" "What kind of animals did you have as a child?" "What are your spouses ambitions for you?" "Do you pay child support? Alimony?"

I explained to the HR girl that many of these questions made me uncomfortable and that I would only answer what I was comfortable with. Surprise, surprise - I promptly received a rejection email two days after returning this questionnaire half filled out. This questionnaire took me about a half hour as well and I'm fairly certain that some of the questions they asked aren't even legal to ask a potential employee.

PS the job was described as providing a company car - during the interview process, the HR rep explained to me that they draw from your paycheck between $250-400/month to pay for the vehicle... if you have to pay for it - is that really a company car?

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in April 2017.

Interview

Being out of school for 25 years and having even more years of sales experience I still can't believe while applying for a sales position I would need to be tested on advanced mathematics! Not to mention the rest of the invasive and irrelevant testing that was nothing more than a huge waste of time. Which by the way, while taking I repeatedly found myself wondering if this was even a company I wanted to work for. After all the testing was just the beginning. But also what about the stigma associated with the company and it's products? If I did work there and found that down the road I chose to leave, would any other company ever hire me? Who knows what the future opinions of employers will be in regards to experience with products like theirs. Probably better to be safe than sorry.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

I sent in an e-mail with my resume and received a response 3 days later with log in information to their testing system. The form claims the hour should take an hour and 45 minutes. I believe it was a little longer than that. I believe testing is an essential part of hiring a competent employee, but I found this testing to be quite excessive and irrelevant considering the position I was applying for. By the time I reached the math section I lost all interest in their testing and this position. I simply let the clock burn and moved on. I'm not interested in a company who is more concerned about tests than the applicant's ability to perform their job.

Interview Questions

• Which letter should come next in this pattern? A S O V B E R   1 Answer

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islip, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Islip, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

I got given a test to take online. I already took the SAT's in high school, no need to take it a second time. In all honesty though it's ridiculous, you'd think you're applying to become to CEO of Google Inc.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in April 2016.

Interview

Step 1: General interview with a recruiter
    Step 2: Online skills test
    Step 3: In-person interview with a manager
    Step 4: Skype interview with a VP
    Step 5: Proctored skills test

Can be lengthy and difficult. The test seems to be a way to weed people out.