SAP Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SAP Software Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at SAP

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SAP (Palo Alto, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

First got a phone interview, on the next day, I was invited to have the on-site interview at Palo Alto SAP Lab. Three month later, I got the offer as an Software Developer. lengthy process.

Interview Questions

• asked all basic data structure questions, also some class projects I've done in school. Doubly linked-list, hashmap, SQL, primary key, foreign key etc.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for SAP

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SAP in January 2012.

Interview

Initial chat with the recruiter then had a technical interview with the VP and hiring manager. This was few years ago.
    No interviews with team.
    Went through the CV and most recent project
    High level questions on how to design a web application
    Questions on JDBC and OR mapping
    Enterprise java questions

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SAP.

Interview

First got a phone interview then follow up with the on-site interview.
    Five people asked me questions in turns,
    the questions were mainly about my school projects and data structures

Interview Questions

Negotiation

nonegotiation

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SAP (Dublin, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

All about the basic Computer Science knowledge. Not hard at all. There are two skype interviews, and a 5-round on-site interview. Then talked with the VP and Senior VP, and got the offer. About interview questions is about the algorithms and data structure, like tree, stack. And basic knowledge about relational database system.

Interview Questions

• What about your previous projects?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SAP (South San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied on portal. Process took one week.
    Four Skype Calls
    Team Lead, Senior Software Engineer, Senior DevOps Engineer, Sr. Director
    Stress on situational questions and expect practical and implementable solutions.
    They gauge your skills and interests based on previous work experience/academic projects.

Interview Questions

• How would you update the timestamp of when a post has been published in a facebook like site? Would you write your algorithm in the client side or server side?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SAP (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

I applied online. Got an email from a recruiter that my resume has been reviewed and one of the teams would like to interview me. I gave my availabilities and got a phone call from the manager of the team. He started by describing what they are looking for in an intern, what the job demands, and how the scrum team works together. He then asked me about my background, my previous experience, and career interests. The call went very well and positive. I was then scheduled a called with an engineer on their team who asked me several technical questions based on my resume. I got an offer 2 weeks later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at SAP (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

I applied online and they first scheduled a behavioral interview with me. It was a 30min interview and it went well. At the end of the interview, I was told that I made to the next round which was the technical interview. The technical interview was scheduled for an hour and you're given about 20mins to answer each question. If you go over the time limit they try to ask you for you pseudo code, if not they ask you to optimize the code. The coding was done on codepad. The interviewer was extremely nice and helps you through your code if I got stuck. At the end of the interview, they give you a chance to ask your own questions. There were 2 rounds of technical interview of the same structure.

Interview Questions

• Given a collection of distinct numbers, return all possible permutations.

For example,
      [2,3,1],
      [3,1,2],
      [3,2,1]
      ]   2 Answers
    • Given an array of integers, return indices of the two numbers such that they add up to a specific target.

You may assume that each input would have exactly one solution, and you may not use the same element twice.

Example:
      Given nums = [2, 7, 11, 15], target = 9,

Because nums[0] + nums[1] = 2 + 7 = 9,
      return [0, 1].    2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SAP (Seattle, WA) in December 2017.

Interview

There was a coding challenge on HackerRank followed by a phone screening. After almost three weeks I was called for an onsite interview of 5 rounds- 3 behavioral and 2 technical.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SAP.

Interview

Campus hiring. Written aptitude test followed by 3 rounds of technical interviews.
    Questions were fairly typical, with a few puzzle type problems thrown in.
    One of the technical interviewers delved deep into my personal projects, and we had an interesting discussion.
    One round of HR interview.

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SAP (Palo Alto, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

HR chat followed by phone interview with basic computer science questions. After that they fly you to palo alto office for on-site. Total 5 rounds include 3 rounds of tech questions, 1 round of manager interview and 1 lunch conversation.

Interview Questions

• Implement a linked list class.   1 Answer