SAP Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

SAP Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at SAP

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at SAP (Palo Alto, CA) in October 2008.

Interview

Questions were asked on skills and qualifications

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

got another offer

Other Interview Reviews for SAP

Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SAP in February 2014.

Interview

One screening interview with the Senior Director. Questioned about basic technical knowledge: SQL, HTML5, CSS3, Javascript. Asked about availability and expectations from internship. Then was informed that I would be called for an On-site interview at the Palo Alto Office. This was the Manager himself, and it whole experience was very favorable.

Interview Questions

• Would you like to be Mentored?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No Could not negotiate because it was an internship.

Developer Interview

Interview

The HR person was quite detail-oriented. The interview itself was quite smooth. The hiring manager was respectful, and asked me more "soft skills" questions than direct, technical questions. I was asked to meet some of the senior team members. I thought they were trying to gauge what kind of a teammate I would be, rather than whether I had the exact technical skillset.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your current employer? Why now?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SAP (Palo Alto, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

First contacted by recruiter to confirm Visa status and time of availability, followed by a phone screening and face to face interview with hiring manager a week later.The interviewer has very knowledgeable and answered many questions about company,team and city at the end. The offer was very competitive and I gladly accepted.

Interview Questions

• Databases, strings, design patterns ,resume and OOPs in technical round.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SAP (Palo Alto, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a position for a recent grad. Got an onsite call on the very next day after submitting my resume online.

I was interviewed by 3 senior members of the team for around 2 hours. They asked about my past experience and was made to do some ABAP related coding. I had some experience with ABAP before due to which I was able to manage the coding related questions. I got the offer on the very same day in the afternoon and the package was much more than competitive.

Interview Questions

• List all the performance related activities done in ABAP with example.   1 Answer

Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SAP.

Interview

Took about 2 months. Had a screening interview, onsite, and a few informal interviews.Very fun people to talk to. One thing to improve is making the on site interviews longer and showing the company site. Also, HR department takes a while to reimburse your expenses.

Anonymous Employee in La Crosse, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SAP (La Crosse, WI) in May 2018.

Interview

There were 2 rounds of interview, both in person, with at least 3 people interviewing. The first round interview, I had to write a method inside a preexisting class that accomplished a certain task. I had to talk out my thought process as I was writing it and when I was finished, I was asked to draw out a thought map of how I accomplished the task.

Interview Questions

• Please describe an experience where you had to seek help to accomplish a task?   1 Answer

Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SAP.

Interview

Was a quick call involving asking a tech question, asking about what kind of work I was interested in and about myself and the type of work the internship did.

Interview Questions

• How would you implement a queue using the stack class?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SAP (Palo Alto, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I had applied in may and got a mail from the recruiter in Oct.They needed a full-time intern. The recruiter was nice and she arranged phone-screen initial interview in a week. The interview went well and the manager informed me that there will be another technical round and the recruiter will inform me about the dates. But later I did not hear anything back from them, after dropping few follow-up mail I was informed that they will pursue another candidate.I was a bit surprised since the manager had said there will another round and I was very excited about the job but non-the-less the process was good and the manager was very friendly, so I appreciated the opportunity to know about SAP and its product.

Few ques were

Interview Questions

• where do you expect from this job?   1 Answer
    • how much will you rate yourself on the scale of 10   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SAP (Palo Alto, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

First, they called me and asked me about my skills and my experience. They went into detail of university projects that I performed and also about my internship experience. They asked me to build an user interface over the weekend, based on a mockup that they presented me. Lastly, they provided me with five coding tasks (data structures, algorithms, SQL) I had to finish until the next day and send the results via email.