Salesforce Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,802 Interview Reviews

3.2

Success Agent - Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Got contacted by a recruiter for an initial phone screen. After the phone screen, there were two rounds of video interviews. The first round was a 1 hour interview with about 5 different members of the team. Final round was with potential manager and other developer. Some technical and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straightforward. An initial conversation with the recruiter which was rather short since I was referred by an internal employee. Then an interview with the hiring manager, and his Director. After that, I was assigned a mentor to prepare for an in-person panel interview. The panel interview has two parts. First, you present a solution that you're very familiar with. During the second half, you present the platform based on a scenario of your choosing.

Overall, a very positive experience as you are encouraged to ask as many questions as you can think of. They want to make sure that it will be as good of a fit to the Ohana for you as it will be for them.

Interview Questions

• Various from testing business and technical acumen, to personality questions, to figuring out what makes you tick.   Answer Question

Interview

Expect to go through two recruiters and three official interviews. Overall expect roughly a two month process. The hiring managers are extremely knowledgeable and very passionate about this company.
    Best advise- be yourself and differentiate amongst other candidates. Do your research and do not take anything for granted. This is a highly reputable company and extremely difficult to get in. They only hire the best talent

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave current company to work for Salesforce?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I don't believe the interview was too difficult. If you have sold SaaS before and can explain past success and failures you should be okay. Important to note, you will have to give a presentation and I heard from the recruiter and the team that many people read their presentation word for word.... please make sure you DONT do that.

Interview Questions

• What was one the deals you where most proud of?   1 Answer
    • Pitch CRM to a VP of sales   1 Answer

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

I applied online, and a recruiter reach out after a few weeks. I did 2 initial phone screens, a technical phone round and an onsite interview. Everyone was very friendly and professional throughout the process.

My overall impression regarding Salesforce's technical interviews is that they are software engineering focused, and interviewers are looking for systems-level thinking, knowledge of your claimed languages, and good coding practices more than just textbook computer science. Contrast this to Facebook, Google where you may be an accomplished engineer but get dinged in your interview for not having memorized the optimal implementation of heapsort.

Interview Questions

• OOP: how you would design a certain game   Answer Question
    • algorithm question: dynamic programming problem involving phone pad   Answer Question
    • domain expertise: describe and illustrate your projects in detail   Answer Question
    • systems design: how would you build a scalable data ingestion and reporting system   Answer Question

Interview

The Salesforce hiring process was by far the best I have ever experienced. The recruiting team was incredibly responsive. The interviews themselves were structured more like conversations giving you real insights into the product, role and culture.

Interview Questions

• We discussed in depth my side projects and how that pertained to being a TPM.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was thorough, yet pretty straightforward: initial phone screen > phone interview with the sales recruiter > in person interviews with hiring managers > pitch, along with a final call with an SVP (depending on the team). Everyone was very welcoming, challenging, made me feel comfortable, provided great feedback + pitch prep materials to succeed and clearly outlined expectations of the role.

Interview Questions

• Being new to the industry, the hiring managers certainly dug into how I would bring value to the team/company with no industry experience. Acknowledging this challenge up front to show self awareness is key, then articulate how my own success/sales experience can directly help the team's growth.   2 Answers

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

Started with a phone screen with the recruiter (~20 mins). Next was a phone interview with the hiring manager (~30 mins). By the end of the same day as the phone screen, I was asked to come in and interview. This was a presentation interview and was split between two one on one interviews (1 hour) and the presentation (1 hour). They give you some guidelines to work through on the presentation but empower you to use your creativity. By the end of the same day as the presentation, I was asked to come back in for a second presentation (same presentation) but to a more senior level audience. Overall the experience was very positive. I felt very comfortable with the interviewers and they invited me to have a round table chat after the presentation. Prepare yourself fully and show your true self, and you will succeed!

Customer Success Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview #1: Internal Salesforce Recruiter (phone)
    Interview #2: Success Team Manager (phone)
    Interview #3: 2nd Success Team Manager (phone)
    Interview #4: A one hour, in-person discussion with 4 team members (Indianapolis, IN)
    Received offer following the 4th interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you react when scope-creep occurs, or how do you prevent it?   Answer Question

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

I received a recommendation from a friend at Salesforce to apply for the Business Development Representative role through the employee referral option and I submitted my application. I received a call back from my recruiter, Meg Lowecki, and we had a 30 minute conversation about my career. She was very easy to talk to and confirmed this role to be the right fit for me. I live in a different state than the office I applied to and she made it easy for me to schedule an in person meeting after taking a phone screen interview with a Director. I was scheduled for a two hour panel interview in-person two weeks after the Director Screening. Before the interview, Meg sent an email that included many helpful articles and a set of instructions for how to best prepare. I also received an email with the agenda and instructions from the interview coordinator. The process was very clearly defined and answered any questions I would have asked. In the interview, I spent the first 45 minutes with two current BDRs and we spent the time getting to know one other. They asked me questions and I had time to ask them very specific questions about the position. It was laid back and comfortable and I found that to be helpful before I met with the BDR supervisors. I was given a 15 minute break to prep for a mock cold call before the supervisors came in. I was interviewed by 3 supervisors and they asked me questions for about an hour and we went over my resume. I was also given time to ask them questions at the end of the interview. Overall, this was one of the best interview experiences I have ever had because Salesforce clearly defines the process and you are always instructed about what the next step is. The team of recruiters are very skilled and personable. I would rate the interview as difficult due to the length of time it took and the amount of preparation I had to put in but in the end I see that as a positive. Salesforce is very particular about who they hire and I appreciate how thorough they are and that they focus on finding the right people who fit their culture.