Salesforce Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

1. Featured Interview

Senior Vice President, Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in December 2019.

Interview

Very professional and well-architected. Had a few face to face interviews and a few Hangout interviews. Met a cross section of the group I will be working with. Generally, the areas of focus were on my background , knowledge of the industry I will be focusing on and how I lead.

Interview Questions

• What importance do you place on trust?   4 Answers

Product Management Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

Questions were not that hard and I think they did a great job making it more conversational. However, there were a couple design questions that threw me off. Furthermore, try your best to not stumble over your words

Security Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

Hiring process is fast compare to other companies, you will not have to wait long to know if you get to the second round or an offer. You will get a phone screen from the recruiter, then with the hiring manager, then maybe the manager of the hiring manager. If all goes well, you will be brought in for in -person interview. The number of interviewer varies depending on the role.

Interview Questions

• Typical situational and behavioral questions, and questions about security control framework.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

The interviews were online coz of Covid 19. There were two rounds
    1. Tech interview
    2. Project presentation - Where you have to present a project you have worked on and talk about it for 20 mins. There will be follow up questions

Interview Questions

• Integration patterns
      Community cloud security.
      Single Sign On   Answer Question

Sales Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY).

Interview

It was pretty quick and not too painful. Just research salesforce and be prepared to talk about candidate experience and HM relationships. How do you develop trust with your hiring managers? How do you ensure great candidate experience. How do you handle a high volume workload?

Interview Questions

• Why Salesforce?
      What do yo know about Salesforce?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Amazing experience throughout the whole process! This encompassed 4 total rounds beginning with the Sales Recruiter, Hiring Manager call, Panel Review with 2 Regional Sales Managers and concluding with a Navigating an Account sales presentation to 4 RSMs, which encompassed a mini bio, a deal win review (approach taken, methodologies used and navigating to power/decision makers).

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY).

Interview

By far the best interview experience. Show genuine interest in you and provide assistance in every step. Panel interview and some hangout interviews so that you get to talk with collegues in same position

Success/Support Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

I was majorly disappointed with my experience with SF. They are a company I aspired to work for, but my experience wasn't great. I went through 4 interviews in over a month. I invested a lot of time trying to get this particular job. Then I was kept warm for 2 1/2 weeks after interviewing for them and then they decided to hire somewhere else. Please try to gain more insight into the WHERE of the job before putting people through an intense round of interviews. Instead of wanting to get back to me in a timely manner because it's the decent thing to do, they kept asking if I have another offer/opportunity when I followed up. It doesn't matter- just be courteous and respect my time. I felt like I wasted all that time, but I still tried out for another position with them, to then never hear back from the new recruiter- even after following up. The process was organized as far as setting up interviews and the questions weren't anything out of the usual/meant to trick and that's about the only good thing I can say.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when you don't know the answer to something?
      What motivates you?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

The process was very typical, and a good balance of both challenging and relaxed. The first round was a phone screen with a recruiter, which essentially just helped provide further context on the role and they inquired about your interest and experience to see if they aligned. The second round was a one-on-one video interview with a Salesforce employee in the Solution Engineer area. This was similar to the first round, but dug a little deeper into your experience and what made you qualified for this particular role. The third and final round was the most challenging, as it included a demo of Salesforce software that you had to present to 3 Salesforce employees. They did a great job providing resources and prepping you for this, including assigning you a current Salesforce employee as a coach to help you and walk you through to ensure you are prepared. This interview also included a presentation about yourself, followed by the demo, and then followed by general interview questions and time for you to ask questions. It was definitely the most challenging and high pressure portion of the interview process, but they really prepare you for the role with this and help you understand what to expect from Salesforce as a company.

Nonprofit Industry Advisor Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY) in July 2020.

Interview

I had a negative experience with a recruiter for this role that left a bad taste in my mouth. About a week after I submitted my application, I received an email from a recruiter. In the email, she said flat out that she didn't think I was qualified for the role, but would agree to speak to me anyway. Her email was rude and it rubbed me the wrong way from the start, but things went from bad to worse. I selected a time for us to meet from the link provided in her email, which generated a calendar invite with a link to a video call. At the time of the interview I joined the video call, but the recruiter never showed up!

5 minutes into the allotted interview time, I noticed I had a missed call and voicemail. Turns out the recruiter decided to call me instead of joining the video call, which is the opposite of what was indicated in the calendar invite. She left me a very passive aggressive voicemail, which I returned immediately. She didn't take my call, so I left her a voicemail, explaining that I was waiting for her on the video call and sent a follow up email explaining the miscommunication and asking when we could reschedule. She never replied to my email or returned my call.

This experience reflects really poorly on SFDC, especially in a moment when they're actively working to improve their recruitment of women of color. I totally understand if I wasn't a fit for this role, but that's no excuse to be rude and stand me up for an interview. If she genuinely didn't think I was qualified for the role, she could have saved us both the wasted time and never reached out in the first place.

Principal Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Arlington, VA) in July 2020.

Interview

I had a very positive interview experience with SalesForce. I had several phone and web interviews. I thought the team had great questions that gave me a chance to demonstrate my background and experience. Everyone was really friendly and positive!

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to join SalesForce?   1 Answer