Salesforce Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Salesforce Interview Questions

Updated Aug 22, 2017
2,273 Interview Reviews

3.2

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

Applied through a employee referral. This process took about a month from application submission to offer.
    Process was 2 calls and an onsite interview. 1st call was with a recruiter located at the headquarters and is more to go over your resume and see why you are interested in the company. 2nd call was with a BDR recruiter located in the onsite office. This was another time to get a feel for your background and see if you would be a good fit for the company and that particular office. That went well so we scheduled an in person interview with 2 BDM's and 2 BDRs currently in the position. Meg was my recruiter and made sure I was prepared for the interview by providing me with tons of helpful content to study. Went into the onsite portion feeling very confident because of her help. The onsite dove more into past sales scenario and how they would translate and what you could add to the team.

The time spent studying the products and preparing is what makes this lean toward difficult rather than average but if you put in the time you see the results so it is worth it.

Data Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

The internal recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn. Had a recruiter screening call, a 45 mins phone interview and an onsite interview with 4 ppl(45 mins each). Professional and efficient hiring process:
    1. The recruiter (Michael Greenleaf) understands the role well. Communications and followups were always very prompt. Before each section of the interview, he voluntarily talked to me for several mins to make me feel comfortable.
    2. Interviewers were well prepared. Interview questions were effective and also interesting. No boring routine behavioral questions. Interviewers not only tested my skills, but also wanted to know me as a person. Very polite and nice people who made me feel at ease. Enjoyed the conversations.
    3. The whole process, from talking to the recruiter to getting an offer, only took 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tested SQL and shell language, as well as ability to get insights from data visualization.   Answer Question

Senior Data Scientist Interview

Interview

A week after a phone interview with one of the data scientists, they booked me a ticket and I flew to SF and had an onsite interview there. People were very courteous, but I was kind of surprised that most of the questions revolved around my job experience and product-related (a/b testing type) questions. I was expecting more stat, machine learning questions, which are my strength. After the interview, I knew it was gonna be 50/50, and I was contacted by the recruiter that the role is filled, but they will keep me in mind when a new opening comes up (which is probably their way of rejecting).
    Even if I didn't get an offer, it was one of the best interview experiences I've ever had. While the interviewers themselves conducted themselves very professionally, I was even more impressed by how prompt and courteous the recruiters were. They responded super-fast to the inquiries. I've had some firms (especially Intuit) in which the recruiters think it's totally ok to ignore the candidates, but Salesforce recruiters were super-professional.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't actually asked a lot of stat/machine learning type of questions. It was much more about what I did at previous companies and product-related questions.   Answer Question

Business Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

Thorough and swift process. Recruiters are great to work with. Not a ton of engagement from the Interviewers, very standard questions which surprised me. Some of the initial screening which suggested more product based questions, never came up.

Interview Questions

• What would you say is your approach to the science of sales?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

Met w hiring mgr for an informal meeting which was very successful. They asked me back for a portfolio presentation and 1:1 interviews w about 5 people. They all went very well. Then I emailed the recruiter to ask for a timeline for making a decision and did not get replies at all. Finally caught him on the phone 4 days later and he gave me the timeline. Never heard back after that. So I'd say the recruiters are spotty and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• I wouldn't say there were any difficult or unexpected questions. If you're experienced, you should be able to field the questions.   Answer Question

Multiple Positions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I interviewed for multiple positions at Salesforce and while I accepted an offer with another organization, I can't speak highly enough about my positive experience with their recruiter (Katie Gillespie is PHENOMENAL!) and team: all very professional, very timely, very friendly. I hope to work with them in the future.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

Lengthy and thorough. Seven rounds from first phone interview to last executive interview. Presentations included where I had to act out a pitch to a panel of three managers. They really get to know your personality and want to see how well you can pitch their product.

Interview Questions

• Have I ever used Salesforce or any other CRM before.   1 Answer

Enterprise Architect Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

Lengthy process, poor follow-up, many starts & stops. The recruiting team would go silent for long periods. Friends inside the company can see the status of the application. Some would close without any word from Salesforce. The last one contacted me with "good news" after refusing to respond for weeks on status; however, I had already accepted a position elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your Enterprise Architecture experience   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview process was thorough, but entirely reasonable and relatively fast given the number of stages. The recruiters are prompt and helpful. The conversations were two-way and each stage builds on the prior so ask good questions.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of left field. Why Salesforce? What do you think the biggest challenge to the role will be?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

The interview process was extremely well organized. The recruiters were very kind and informative. The information provided for next steps was very easy to follow, etc. Emails containing next steps and clear directions were sent in a timely manner. Everyone involved in the process was very professional.