Salesforce Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends

2,565 Employee Reviews

Pros
  • Probably couldn't find a better work-life balance anywhere in the bay (in 177 reviews)

• This is so powerful on so many levels 1-1-1 model (in 77 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance is blurred, travel a lot (in 142 reviews)

• I can't think of any, though cons could be perceived if you aren't comfortable with an extremely fast paced publicly traded organization (in 77 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Hard work, but amazing!"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The 1-1-1 Model here (google it) and a tangible benefit that results of it is 7 full days of VTO (volunteer time off) to be used responsibly at your discretion. Matching gifts to a non-profit of your choice.

- Benefits here overall are incredible
    - ESPP is attractive
    - Time off is generous
    - comp package works in your favor- i.e. hard work does in fact = revenue.
    - equipment is all up-to-date and excellent (iPhone as work phone, and MacBook as laptop)
    - Training that consists of bootcamp in San Francisco, and further training at a local hub. Ongoing trailheads and updates also keep you on your toes.
    - Fast-paced environment
    - Great culture
    - Talented professionals
    - Collaborative environment across different segments
    - Brand recognition
    - Smooth employee processes in the background (payroll, time logged, benefit tracking, incentive tracking, employee profile, etc).
    - Continuous acquisitions of companies continues to strengthen our products and offerings.
    - Snacks, events, and happy hours
    - Flexibility and autonomy given to consult with your clients
    - Networking opportunities here are endless

Cons

- You can feel "left-behind" here at times, so it's crucial to stay organized to keep up with the pace, especially early on.
    - Work-life balance (self-induced): it's easy to become attached to your work and your accounts, and it trickle over into your personal life after hours, or on weekends.
    - Difficult quota to hit, but that's for a reason. if this were easy I suppose they would let anyone in.

Can't think of anything else. It's hard to find things wrong with Salesforce, in fact this section took me a lot longer to provide the bullet points above then the pros section.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Can't wait to see what's next, and hope to continue growing my career here.

2. "Sr. Account Executive"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing culture and everyone is willing to help when needed. The company believes in it's customers first and foremost, and it shows via their employees.

Cons

None To Report Right Now

"Still a lot of opportunity to learn, connect, and chart your own course, but Big Company culture is encroaching."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I've spent over 8 years with Salesforce in various management and individual contributor roles, all customer or partner facing. Some of the pros:
    - vibrant, fast paced culture
    - smart, fun, aggressive colleagues
    - management is focused on latest tech trends and staying or becoming a leader for many of them
    - by and large, customers and partners are very positive about the technology
    - good benefits and perqs
    - hip urban culture at HQ
    - a chart-your-own-course mentality that rewards those who aggressively seek out the job they want and pursue it, or sometimes even create it

Cons

After my long tenure and many Dreamforce conferences, I'm nearly fried. To say the culture is fast paced and the focus is always changing is an understatement. The reason Salesforce always seems on top, and chasing the latest trend, and in the press, is because employees are expected to run harder, carry more, cheer loudly, and pivot constantly. It's the world's biggest startup in behavior. But at the same time, with the recent influx of top career sales leaders from Oracle and what appears to be a board-level mandate for doubling revenue, employees are being asked to do even more with even less, fill higher quotas with smaller territories, less help, and the big company bureaucracy is rearing it's ugly head.

Worse still is the politics. When you hire a bunch of smart, aggressive people, and put them in an environment of outsized expectations, throw in a bunch of re-orgs and changing management, and sprinkle with uncertainty and constantly changing priorities, you inevitably get people back stabbing each other and throwing others under the bus to appear smarter and more worthy of promotion.

The few at the top will get very, very rich. The rest will lose the sense of personal ownership and start to wonder why they've given up health and family

Advice to Management

The further you get from the foundational vision of creating great products and ensuring customer success, and instead recruit big company people focused on ego and self-promotion and growing a fiefdom, the more Salesforce starts to become just another Oracle or SAP or Microsoft. My sense is, that's what the board wants. If so, so be it. There will be another innovative and passionate startup to disrupt salesforce some day soon.

5. "Best job I ever had"

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture, great technical challenges, awesome people, ability to move around the company, great work life balance.

Cons

The company's big and it's hard to know everything that's happening.

6. "smts"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

flexible working schedule, friendly working environment, lots to learn, good benefits

Cons

not much to complain about

7. "Director"

Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great leadership team, fantastic culture this company has a soul. It's one of the best placed to work but also gives back to the community. Top notch in my book.

Cons

Can't think of anything to saw

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing

8. "AE"

I have been working at Salesforce full-time

Pros

Great product, great, super smart people.

Cons

Internal politics but much less than most companies.

9. "Great and honest company"

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, very nice culture. I have heard phrases along the lines of "at least we're paid well to do it" multiple times in passing now. There is a saying that if others at your company talk about being underpaid, chances are you're being underpaid as well. This place is definitely not the case.

Cons

Some old technology. Salesforce is a successful business running on an 18 year old application.

10. "Best place to work in Indy"

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

One of the best places to work in Indianapolis

Cons

Managment can sometimes not be aligned

11. "Good company, needs to grow up"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

customer focused, sales focused, great products and great customer success

Cons

comp system for large accounts and small accounts is the same. Need better focus on large accounts

Advice to Management

don't announce a product until it is ready to sell and has a price.

Showing 2,565 of 2,695 reviews