Salesforce Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends

2,550 Employee Reviews

Pros
  • Probably couldn't find a better work-life balance anywhere in the bay (in 177 reviews)

• This is so powerful on so many levels 1-1-1 model (in 77 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance is blurred, travel a lot (in 142 reviews)

• I can't think of any, though cons could be perceived if you aren't comfortable with an extremely fast paced publicly traded organization (in 77 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Hard work, but amazing!"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The 1-1-1 Model here (google it) and a tangible benefit that results of it is 7 full days of VTO (volunteer time off) to be used responsibly at your discretion. Matching gifts to a non-profit of your choice.

- Benefits here overall are incredible
    - ESPP is attractive
    - Time off is generous
    - comp package works in your favor- i.e. hard work does in fact = revenue.
    - equipment is all up-to-date and excellent (iPhone as work phone, and MacBook as laptop)
    - Training that consists of bootcamp in San Francisco, and further training at a local hub. Ongoing trailheads and updates also keep you on your toes.
    - Fast-paced environment
    - Great culture
    - Talented professionals
    - Collaborative environment across different segments
    - Brand recognition
    - Smooth employee processes in the background (payroll, time logged, benefit tracking, incentive tracking, employee profile, etc).
    - Continuous acquisitions of companies continues to strengthen our products and offerings.
    - Snacks, events, and happy hours
    - Flexibility and autonomy given to consult with your clients
    - Networking opportunities here are endless

Cons

- You can feel "left-behind" here at times, so it's crucial to stay organized to keep up with the pace, especially early on.
    - Work-life balance (self-induced): it's easy to become attached to your work and your accounts, and it trickle over into your personal life after hours, or on weekends.
    - Difficult quota to hit, but that's for a reason. if this were easy I suppose they would let anyone in.

Can't think of anything else. It's hard to find things wrong with Salesforce, in fact this section took me a lot longer to provide the bullet points above then the pros section.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Can't wait to see what's next, and hope to continue growing my career here.

2. "Good company, needs to grow up"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

customer focused, sales focused, great products and great customer success

Cons

comp system for large accounts and small accounts is the same. Need better focus on large accounts

Advice to Management

don't announce a product until it is ready to sell and has a price.

"Still a lot of opportunity to learn, connect, and chart your own course, but Big Company culture is encroaching."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I've spent over 8 years with Salesforce in various management and individual contributor roles, all customer or partner facing. Some of the pros:
    - vibrant, fast paced culture
    - smart, fun, aggressive colleagues
    - management is focused on latest tech trends and staying or becoming a leader for many of them
    - by and large, customers and partners are very positive about the technology
    - good benefits and perqs
    - hip urban culture at HQ
    - a chart-your-own-course mentality that rewards those who aggressively seek out the job they want and pursue it, or sometimes even create it

Cons

After my long tenure and many Dreamforce conferences, I'm nearly fried. To say the culture is fast paced and the focus is always changing is an understatement. The reason Salesforce always seems on top, and chasing the latest trend, and in the press, is because employees are expected to run harder, carry more, cheer loudly, and pivot constantly. It's the world's biggest startup in behavior. But at the same time, with the recent influx of top career sales leaders from Oracle and what appears to be a board-level mandate for doubling revenue, employees are being asked to do even more with even less, fill higher quotas with smaller territories, less help, and the big company bureaucracy is rearing it's ugly head.

Worse still is the politics. When you hire a bunch of smart, aggressive people, and put them in an environment of outsized expectations, throw in a bunch of re-orgs and changing management, and sprinkle with uncertainty and constantly changing priorities, you inevitably get people back stabbing each other and throwing others under the bus to appear smarter and more worthy of promotion.

The few at the top will get very, very rich. The rest will lose the sense of personal ownership and start to wonder why they've given up health and family

Advice to Management

The further you get from the foundational vision of creating great products and ensuring customer success, and instead recruit big company people focused on ego and self-promotion and growing a fiefdom, the more Salesforce starts to become just another Oracle or SAP or Microsoft. My sense is, that's what the board wants. If so, so be it. There will be another innovative and passionate startup to disrupt salesforce some day soon.

"Great company"

I have been working at Salesforce full-time

Pros

- visionary with strong leadership alignment
    - transparency: all company executive meetings broadcast to entire organization
    - culture: inclusive, understands work/life balance, and strives for equality

Cons

- size of company has led to some elements of bureaucracy
    - upper executive ranks and decisions increasingly impacted with internal political issues
    - too often hires from outside someone who has "done job before"... must learn to promote strong candidates from within that have more of a generalist background (will be true to "beginners mindset" mantra).

Advice to Management

Keep trucking.

6. "Great company to work for!"

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

We have generous benefits, get paid for volunteer time, and the people are great.

Cons

Location in Hillsboro harder to get to without driving, mass transit here is not great.

7. "Salesforce is a great place to work!!"

Current Employee - Lead Solutions Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Lead Solutions Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Constant Innovation keeps the job new and exciting

Cons

Navigating a large organization can be a challenge.

8. "Awesome"

I have been working at Salesforce full-time

Pros

Work for Commerce Cloud. You are completely set up for success. The company cares about its people and there is a very positive culture.

Salesforce culture just makes it better. Love the emphasis on equality, fun, diversity and hard work with giving back.

Cons

Work definitely goes above and beyond 40 hours/week for many groups, but since its interesting work, it doesn't matter to me.

"Best Work-Life Balance"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Probably couldn't find a better work-life balance anywhere in the bay. Lunch might not be provided but with a solid amount of PTO, volunteer time off (7 days!), and flexibility of location, Salesforce definitely makes up for it. The people who work at Salesforce are also incredibly talented and everyone seems to understand how to leverage our strong position in the market.

Cons

Salesforce values high growth and sales more than strong engineering. They are working on changing this albeit slowly.

Advice to Management

The technology that Salesforce is running on is becoming antiquated, leaving many engineers with less productivity than we might normally achieve. While growth is fantastic, I am worried we might be a sitting duck when a new tech-focused CRM arises.

10. "What a difference in culture!"

Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Lots of opportunity, you can make of it what you'd like, just reach out and grab things that interest you and inspire passion in your work.
    - Great culture of transparency, low politics, and honest feedback is valued and actioned on.
    - The company really listens to it's employees and customers alike.
    - Good benefits & compensation.

Cons

It was a small company that has quickly become large and still growing, but expectedly from an organization, process, and integration perspective it hasn't caught up yet. This leads to some things being harder to get done. This is natural though, and likely will improve.

11. "Ohana culture"

I have been working at Salesforce full-time

Pros

Great place to work. Smart people, great culture, challenging environment

Cons

Laid back environment and some people are just taking advantage of it

Advice to Management

SIMPLE:
    S = Set expectations