Salesforce Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.3

3,199 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Probably couldn't find a better work-life balance anywhere in the bay (in 239 reviews)

• great culture and 1/1/1 is inspiring (in 99 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is a challenge but it is supported by management (in 174 reviews)

• Fast paced environment - Must be a self starter (in 98 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Hard work, but amazing!"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The 1-1-1 Model here (google it) and a tangible benefit that results of it is 7 full days of VTO (volunteer time off) to be used responsibly at your discretion. Matching gifts to a non-profit of your choice.

- Benefits here overall are incredible
    - ESPP is attractive
    - Time off is generous
    - comp package works in your favor- i.e. hard work does in fact = revenue.
    - equipment is all up-to-date and excellent (iPhone as work phone, and MacBook as laptop)
    - Training that consists of bootcamp in San Francisco, and further training at a local hub. Ongoing trailheads and updates also keep you on your toes.
    - Fast-paced environment
    - Great culture
    - Talented professionals
    - Collaborative environment across different segments
    - Brand recognition
    - Smooth employee processes in the background (payroll, time logged, benefit tracking, incentive tracking, employee profile, etc).
    - Continuous acquisitions of companies continues to strengthen our products and offerings.
    - Snacks, events, and happy hours
    - Flexibility and autonomy given to consult with your clients
    - Networking opportunities here are endless

Cons

- You can feel "left-behind" here at times, so it's crucial to stay organized to keep up with the pace, especially early on.
    - Work-life balance (self-induced): it's easy to become attached to your work and your accounts, and it trickle over into your personal life after hours, or on weekends.
    - Difficult quota to hit, but that's for a reason. if this were easy I suppose they would let anyone in.

Can't think of anything else. It's hard to find things wrong with Salesforce, in fact this section took me a lot longer to provide the bullet points above then the pros section.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Can't wait to see what's next, and hope to continue growing my career here.

"Still a lot of opportunity to learn, connect, and chart your own course, but Big Company culture is encroaching."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I've spent over 8 years with Salesforce in various management and individual contributor roles, all customer or partner facing. Some of the pros:
    - vibrant, fast paced culture
    - smart, fun, aggressive colleagues
    - management is focused on latest tech trends and staying or becoming a leader for many of them
    - by and large, customers and partners are very positive about the technology
    - good benefits and perqs
    - hip urban culture at HQ
    - a chart-your-own-course mentality that rewards those who aggressively seek out the job they want and pursue it, or sometimes even create it

Cons

After my long tenure and many Dreamforce conferences, I'm nearly fried. To say the culture is fast paced and the focus is always changing is an understatement. The reason Salesforce always seems on top, and chasing the latest trend, and in the press, is because employees are expected to run harder, carry more, cheer loudly, and pivot constantly. It's the world's biggest startup in behavior. But at the same time, with the recent influx of top career sales leaders from Oracle and what appears to be a board-level mandate for doubling revenue, employees are being asked to do even more with even less, fill higher quotas with smaller territories, less help, and the big company bureaucracy is rearing it's ugly head.

Worse still is the politics. When you hire a bunch of smart, aggressive people, and put them in an environment of outsized expectations, throw in a bunch of re-orgs and changing management, and sprinkle with uncertainty and constantly changing priorities, you inevitably get people back stabbing each other and throwing others under the bus to appear smarter and more worthy of promotion.

The few at the top will get very, very rich. The rest will lose the sense of personal ownership and start to wonder why they've given up health and family

Advice to Management

The further you get from the foundational vision of creating great products and ensuring customer success, and instead recruit big company people focused on ego and self-promotion and growing a fiefdom, the more Salesforce starts to become just another Oracle or SAP or Microsoft. My sense is, that's what the board wants. If so, so be it. There will be another innovative and passionate startup to disrupt salesforce some day soon.

3. "Senior Account Executive"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture is absolutely amazing and the values are truly followed to a T. Best company I've ever worked for.

Cons

The on boarding is very self-driven which can be great and bad at the same time. I prefer it that way.

Advice to Management

Keep managing the way you do. I love the flexibility that I've given to accomplish my goals

4. "Talent Advisor"

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very faced paced, fun environment, always learning, very smart colleagues, great benefits, hard work but interesting

Cons

so large of a company sometimes lost in the shuffle

5. "Associate Demo Engineer"

Current Employee - Associate Demo Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Associate Demo Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Full stack development Experience
    Work on any and every Salesforce cloud products
    Communicate with different teams

Cons

This is a very unique role helping you to develop your technical skills to your best, but comes with a sacrifice of your Salary. You are not paid as per the level of other software engineers even though you work on same technology

Advice to Management

Salesforce is great. The culture is really appreciable. You can speak freely with your manager. I would suggest the management to keep doing what they are doing because they are the best!

6. "Sr. Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment. Ohana, lot to learn

Cons

none I couldn't find any cons till now

"Innovative, Ethical, Team-Driven Mission & Culture"

Former Employee - Customer Success Director in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Success Director in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Salesforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

High-quality team, culture, results orientation, VTO, dynamic products, innovation, best CEO ever - Marc B. Ohana is real! Dreamforce is awesome, Trailhead is 👌Customer Success @Salesforce is how it should be done anywhere, as a focus, making your customers win 💛

Cons

Some leaders are fear-based & bullies, if you get stuck with one, it will change everything positive to negative. Some folks may find their talent underutilized, put in the time, see where it goes, if not, you worked for one of the best for a min. 2 yrs.9

Advice to Management

Keep leadership in check with Engagement surveys direct & cross-functional

Salesforce Response

Oct 16, 2017 – President and Chief People Officer

Thank you for your feedback. We have a zero tolerance policy toward bullying. Please reach out to your Employee Success Business Partner or, if you prefer, you can provide more details anonymously by... More

8. "Product Owner"

Current Employee - Product Owner in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Product Owner in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture. It's a large company but it sill manages to move fast.

Cons

Location if you leave outside of San Francisco.

9. "Business Development Representative"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great management, flexible work-life balance

Cons

More red tape than they convey. Strong emphasis put on tenure over job performance

Advice to Management

Let employees get promoted quicker

"Shoddy Products, Great Sales & PR"

Former Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Salesforce full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Strong sales and marketing
    Nice offices
    Dreamforce is done well

Cons

Promotions are not merit based. Leadership has favorites (people who look the part)
    Sell shoddy products that don't exist
    Talk about equality and diversity is PR not reality
    Some outstanding engineers but lot of lazy and incompetent engineers who are not held accountable for poor quality work.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to save money on engineers. Remote engineering teams don't work. Hire great people and have them collocated.

Showing 3,199 of 3,409 reviews