Salesforce Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.4

4,060 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work/life balance is not perfect but a big step above other companies I have worked for" (in 297 reviews)

• "I really like the 1-1-1 model that allows us to volunteer up to 7 days per year" (in 122 reviews)

Cons
  • "work life balance isn't the best" (in 205 reviews)

• "Fast-paced environment means that there can be an overwhelming number of firedrills" (in 82 reviews)

"One Year In"

Current Employee - Customer Success Director
    Current Employee - Customer Success Director

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Market leader and STILL in hyper growth mode
    - Innovative & fast paced culture
    - Socially conscious CEO + leadership
    - Generally very nice colleagues
    - Great benefits & perks

Cons

- Hiring lots of ex-Oracle folks who don't quite fit the 'Ohana' culture
    - Still a whirlwind if you can't manage your workload and time
    - No clear advancement path - I asked my leadership & was told to wait in the queue as others were here first.
    - Doing good work often is rewarded with more work than one can handle with a high degree of quality

Advice to Management

Promotions needs to become more transparent. Culture fit needs to be reinforced more as many new hires don't fit into the Ohana.

"Women not given leadership roles ... CEO may not be aware"

I worked at Salesforce full-time

Pros

Dream organization to work for.

Cons

Too much politics at work place. Mud slinging everywhere. They don't walk the talk when it comes to Women employees.
    Management above manager level is almost 85% men and 15% women.
    CEO made sure equality at pay levels but not at management levels.
    Women are NOT given opportunity to shine in management ladder.

Advice to Management

I advice management to first look at the ratios between men and women in upper management levels and take decisions in future.

Salesforce Response

Sep 6, 2018 – President and Chief People Officer

Thank you for your feedback. Equality is a core value at Salesforce, and that includes a commitment to equal opportunity and advancement. The leadership team reviews diversity statistics regularly... More

"Fantastic Company with a great culture and awesome perks"

I have been working at Salesforce full-time

Pros

- Flexible working hours
    - Amazing opportunities to carry out volunteer work with colleagues as the company encourages 7 days VTO (Volunteer Time Off) per year
    - Office is filled with free food and drink every day
    - Wellness is encouraged, offering every employee £100 per month for any sporting activity, including gym membership and PT
    - Fantastic, intelligent and influential colleagues to learn from and grow with
    - Incredible stock purchase program

Cons

- Not as much inter-department communication as one might like. Teams often keep to themselves within the office
    - Not too much post-work life. People tend to go straight home, rather than grab a beer. Pro for some

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing to grow this amazing company

"Depends on your department"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Salesforce, as a whole, is by far the best company I could wish to work for. It was my dream company to work for, mainly because of the culture. Beyond the in-house perks, there’s the 56 hours a year we are given to volunteer and give back in pretty much anyway you see fit. The benefits are superior to any company I’ve worked for. The buildings are a pleasure to work in each day. They focus on wellness and striking a good work-life balance. And in all earnesty, want to, and do give back to our communities.

Cons

Unfortunately, all of the above is not available across the board. My manager has, short of explicitly saying it, told us we can only volunteer 15 hours a year, to create only one career development goal, “he doesn’t care what it is”, rolls his eyes at the thought of us taking advantage of the company’s championed cause of meditation, told us we aren’t allowed to take ANY time off for a six month period every single year. And to top it off, he’s the biggest micromanager I have ever worked for in my career. You better be the first one there, and last to leave, finishing work at home doesn’t “count”. And not once, has he ever complimented or commended any of us. Doctor appointment? Have a family commitment during the week? Better not make a habit of it. God forbid you have something going on that requires frequent doctor visits. If we want to grow our skill sets via Trailhead, better do it after hours or on the weekend.

Mind you, I talk to other people in the company and they are appalled that this is happening. My ratings are based on my specific experience, and do not represent the typical Salesforce experience.

I thought it was just him, and some of it certainly is, but the whole department is toxic. There’s turnover left and right, every couple of weeks it seems another coworker chooses to leave the company. And if the VP cared, they would do something. It’s blatant. I have thought of raising the issue to HR but it’s obvious these people have been here a long time, and make someone above them happy, so it’s pointless.

Advice to Management

Look at the data. Where do you see the highest turnover (not counting sales) and look into why that is. Do an audit of our VTO and see that it might be being discouraged, even look at the forced goals of low VTO hours on the V2moms. Look at the V2me of random people that are barely filled out, ask why.

Salesforce Response

Sep 6, 2018 – President and Chief People Officer

Thank you for your detailed feedback. The management behaviors you've described in your review are contrary to our values, and we would like to learn more so we can better address the concerns you've... More

"Amazing place to work"

Current Employee - Manager - Projects in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Manager - Projects in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Don't know where to begin. This is an update to my initial post which I had left about a year ago. I still give this company a 5/5 rating for a number of reasons:
    1. Culture: The culture at Salesforce is unparalleled to any other place I have worked at. People truly care and Ohana (family in Hawaiian) is taken quite seriously. We care for one another and really support each other in need.
    2. Product and Innovation: The product has its flaws but the way it improves and the speed at which it improves is incredible. It is becoming more innovative, the UI of our core platform products is improving, and the product portfolio is becoming diversified.
    3. Career growth: Possibilities when it comes to career growth are endless. You can get certified (free for employees), explore new roles (ideally after 1 year of employment), and have the opportunity to connect with some of the smartest people on the planet.
    4. Perks: Too many to list. No free food, unfortunately, but great snacks and drinks are available at corporate offices.
    5. Pay: The pay is good for most roles.

The list goes on and on. Salesforce really is an amazing place and is growing at 'lightning speeds.'

Cons

The only con would probably be the number of structural and departmental changes that occur each quarter or year. Salesforce is still in hyper-growth mode and sometimes operates a bit like a start-up, which is normal. Keeping up with the changes can be difficult at times but on the flip side, you learn a ton! Also, you have to be agile and be able to quickly adapt to changing circumstances and requirements.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Your support for your staff and the way you help them grow is incredible.

"Good Place to Start your Career"

Current Employee - Associate Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Associate Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

+ Management Supportive and Engaged
    +Cool Location
    +New Grad Salary strong
    +VTO

Cons

+Major Reorgs/company wide changes not exactly fun
    +Some teams seem to hire from 1 or 2 sources - making them not very diverse

Advice to Management

+Consult/listen broader range of employees before huge policy decisions
    +Hire from more sources - otherwise we're not really going to become more inclusive
    +Marc is a great and vocal about his support for causes that millenials/gen Z care about, but the company as a whole needs to make sure it follows through

7. "Ohana at Salesforce is the real deal"

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Exceptional on-boarding approach, great culture and it is taken very seriously at every single level, everyone willing to assist with a true team effort, superior solutions, great customers and partner, the giving back is amazing.

Cons

None come to mind as of yet.

Advice to Management

Keep rocking it!

8. "Happy VP!!"

I have been working at Salesforce full-time

Pros

Team is great. Super motivated management, everyone very helpful. Clients happy. Very good legal and finance. Onboarding experience was amazing.

Cons

Long hours, lots of travel.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

9. "Engineering Manager"

I worked at Salesforce full-time

Pros

It is one of the best companies to work for with great work-life balance.

Cons

growth can be dependent on which cloud you work in

10. "Intern"

Pros

Good company culture but good overall

Cons

Sometimes slow but good overall

Showing 4,060 of 4,374 reviews