Salesforce Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.3

3,631 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work/life balance is not perfect but a big step above other companies I have worked for (in 265 reviews)

• I really like the 1-1-1 model that allows us to volunteer up to 7 days per year (in 116 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life balance is difficult at times (in 196 reviews)

• Fast-paced environment means that there can be an overwhelming number of firedrills (in 76 reviews)

1. "Proud to be part of the Ohana"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Connections to companies who are using our platform to achieve success. Amazing employee resources. Beautiful real estate with open collaboration spaces throughout HQ. Great benefits, including time off to volunteer.

Cons

No catered food to the office, but the extensive snack program more than makes up for it!

Advice to Management

Continue what you're doing, we're happy here!

"Hard work, but amazing!"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The 1-1-1 Model here (google it) and a tangible benefit that results of it is 7 full days of VTO (volunteer time off) to be used responsibly at your discretion. Matching gifts to a non-profit of your choice.

- Benefits here overall are incredible
    - ESPP is attractive
    - Time off is generous
    - comp package works in your favor- i.e. hard work does in fact = revenue.
    - equipment is all up-to-date and excellent (iPhone as work phone, and MacBook as laptop)
    - Training that consists of bootcamp in San Francisco, and further training at a local hub. Ongoing trailheads and updates also keep you on your toes.
    - Fast-paced environment
    - Great culture
    - Talented professionals
    - Collaborative environment across different segments
    - Brand recognition
    - Smooth employee processes in the background (payroll, time logged, benefit tracking, incentive tracking, employee profile, etc).
    - Continuous acquisitions of companies continues to strengthen our products and offerings.
    - Snacks, events, and happy hours
    - Flexibility and autonomy given to consult with your clients
    - Networking opportunities here are endless

Cons

- You can feel "left-behind" here at times, so it's crucial to stay organized to keep up with the pace, especially early on.
    - Work-life balance (self-induced): it's easy to become attached to your work and your accounts, and it trickle over into your personal life after hours, or on weekends.
    - Difficult quota to hit, but that's for a reason. if this were easy I suppose they would let anyone in.

Can't think of anything else. It's hard to find things wrong with Salesforce, in fact this section took me a lot longer to provide the bullet points above then the pros section.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Can't wait to see what's next, and hope to continue growing my career here.

"Business Development Representative"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Strong team environment that puts a premium on collaboration. Helps tremendously especially when you are a new hire trying to ramp up quickly

Cons

It can be challenging to make a vertical or horizontal move out of a sales role without spending at least 2 years in sales, which is frustrating,.

Advice to Management

Be more open-minded to employees who perhaps start in sales but then when it comes time for promotion want to move into other departments. A sales person should not have to be forced into "paying their dues" for the sake of moving from one department to another

4. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Salesforce full-time

Pros

Surrounded by great people who really support you and want to help you accomplish your goals, fulfilling and rewarding work, positive work environment, freedom and flexibility to innovate and take risks.

Cons

An atmosphere where things are always changing can present challenges in trying to keep pace.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

5. "Salesforce is rad!"

Former Employee - Writer for Employee Success Talent Development in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Salesforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

What I liked most about Salesforce was the intelligent, fun, and truly nice people I worked with. The company cares about being on the forefront of issues such as equality and diversity and makes an active investment in employees' career development.

Cons

Like many other tech companies there's shifting priorities and a lot of background noise. Sometimes tending to emails or the company's internal communications felt like a job in an of itself.

Advice to Management

Take advantage of the internal training resources that Salesforce provides to you for training via Trailhead.

"Amazing place to work to 10+ years"

I have been working at Salesforce full-time

Pros

Salesforce is always changing, listening and looking for ways to improve. It’s an incredibly customer-focused culture that means it’s easy to see how everyone’s job contributes to collective impact.

Cons

As the company gets bigger it can get hard to build on strengths and let go of things that don’t work at larger scale.

Advice to Management

Make sure that planning and org changes are transparent as they always have been. Some changes were not handled well this year that’s a lesson to learn from.

7. "Great place, Regret Leaving"

Former Employee - Salesforce Administrative Support in Hillsboro, OR
    Former Employee - Salesforce Administrative Support in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Salesforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Best place, the attitude, the focus, the people, & of course the tech.

Cons

Honestly can not think of any.

"Wonderful company plagued by the same classic problems that impacts most of the tech industry"

Current Employee - UI/User Experience Designer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - UI/User Experience Designer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay, vacation, benefits, facilities (referring to HQ), large org with many possible paths for an individual's career trajectory. A focus on volunteering and giving back that very few other large organization's make a reality.

Cons

It's still a tech company in the Bay Area, and though there are many initiatives to promote diversity in place, it can still feel very white, male dominated and leave employees who belong to a minority fending for themselves when it comes to social interactions and handling a constant stream of micro aggressions. Favoritism and cliques are just another part of day-to-day life here and it makes it hard to not be concerned about how these factors may impact your hard work as well as your ability to be fairly promoted.

Also the fact that the entire branding of the company has basically appropriated Hawaiian culture is beyond problematic. The actual look of this is slowly going away as each office is getting remodeled to look more like the new tower, but let's be careful about how we enable entitled, white individuals to take on a term like "Ohana" and throw it around as mere corporate culture fodder.

Advice to Management

Invest in even more diversity and inclusion training. Teach your teams about sensitivity and most importantly teach yourselves. You may feel like you are an open minded, perhaps even liberal, individual; but that isn't true of most of us and we need to always keep our biases in check. Recognize and acknowledge this is an issue in the tech world and actually react to it and try to promote changes starting with your own teams and orgs.

Salesforce Response

Apr 13, 2018 – President and Chief People Officer

Thanks for your thoughtful review. We elevated Equality to be a core value at Salesforce because we want to make sure that all employees feel seen, heard, valued and included regardless of their age... More

9. "Salesfoce Account Executive"

I have been working at Salesforce full-time

Pros

Salesforce has a great culture and product. They energize their staff to get excited to work each day. The products they have are fantastic and they have a very good web training program through trailhead.

Cons

So far I have only been here for a short time however sometimes people can be very chatty in the office and it can be a big distraction.

10. "great"

Pros

great place to work for

Cons

nothing i can think of

Showing 3,631 of 3,886 reviews