Siemens Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,457 Interview Reviews

2.9

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens (Washington, DC) in September 2011.

Interview

Initially there was a phone interview asking what you know about the company and other basic question to screen possible employees. This was followed by a two stage, one on one interview covering your resume, past work experiences, background/situation questions, and a case. Know everything on your resume/CV, as they go into depth when asking questions about prior work or volunteer experiences.

Interview Questions

• What are the three most important qualities in a leader?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Contract Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens.

Interview

Easy to set up and interview time and location. interview took place on time and was followed up with in a fews days. Took about two weeks to do backgrund check and start work from date of job offer

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Siemens (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2011.

Interview

They didn't ask as many questions you would think. It was mostly about the company and the culture. They explained the history and how they go to market. They outlined expectations and gave a detailed speech about why they are setup the way that they are. Everything was quick and to the point but left you feeling like you weren't part of a discussion. The entire process took about an hour or two.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Brief

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Siemens (Dallas, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

I started with a first interview with HR and a sales manager. We moved to a second round where I met with four different managers. The last portion was a telephone interview with my (future) manager.

Interview Questions

• This is a sales position. Everyone lies to salesmen. What are you going to do when a customer lies to you?   1 Answer

Contract Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Siemens (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Met with several principal stakeholders individually. It was a 3 hour process and they made it as comfortable as possible. Each stakeholder asked specific and direct questions as to my ability to assist in their area.

Contract Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Siemens (Orlando, FL) in July 2013.

Interview

I first interviewed with the HR representative. He went over the basics, like most HR reps (salary, expectations, job description, etc.). He scheduled me for a first interview. However, before I even went in for the first interview, they sent me a couple of exercises to complete and email back before the scheduled interview date (drafting and correcting mistakes in contract samples, answering questions about indemnification/liability clauses). I went to the first interview with the hiring managers. Before the interview began they sat me down to do another round of written exercises. The interview process for this interview (including the time for the written exercises) took about an hour to an hour and a half. They called me back about a week later to schedule the second interview. This interview took a good half day and was with the same hiring managers, their manager, and the head of the department. Additionally, they took me out for lunch with the team of people I would have been working with. About a week later, they called to let me know that I had not been chosen. However, a couple of weeks after that, one of the hiring managers asked if I would like to come back in for another interview and stated that I would have to complete some more written exercises. While I was interested in the position, I could not spend any more time interviewing in person as I had already missed a day and a half of work (I work about 2 hours away from their office). So, I told them I would be glad to do any additional interviews over the phone. Honestly, I would have loved working there and it would have been a good opportunity for me; but the time and effort they expect out of the job candidates is and was unreasonable.

Interview Questions

• None really. They had the typical questions; but did ask what animal I would like to be and what my favorite book was.   Answer Question

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens (Cary, NC) in February 2014.

Interview

Very common interview questions to judge your work ethic. They followed normal interview procedures. They were honest and straightforward. The process can move slowly at times. The interview was formal but relaxed.

Interview Questions

• What is your ideal manager?   1 Answer

Piping Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Siemens in April 2012.

Interview

Had a phone interview followed by a formal interview. There were some standard questions, but a lot of critical problem-solving questions. They are testing if you can think during stressful situations. From what I have heard, though, this interview was a bit more involved than most from other departments.

Interview Questions

• If you throw a ball into the air up to a certain distance. The next time you throw it, you throw it 4x as fast. How high does the ball travel relative to the original height?   1 Answer

Planner Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Siemens (Sacramento, CA) in February 2009.

Interview

Well, I was scheduled for an interview at 11AM but it was 12:30Pm by the time I started the interview. Building interior was in very poor shape-the blue carpet was black with stains and tdeteriorating, the walls were white with black soot and grease, the front desk in the lobby consisted of a few pieces of plywood. The two ladies that interviewed me were not the ones stated in the interview letter. Both were eating their lunch and talking with the their mouths full of food. I stopped the interview after 10 minutes and left completely disgusted.

Interview Questions

• Couldn't understand the interviewers that well since their mouths were full of food.   Answer Question

Lead Generator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Siemens (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

Started off with a phone screen and then moved to an in person interview. The in person Interview began with a panel interview of 3-6 people. Later on interviewed one on one with the department head immediately following the panel.