Sogeti Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sogeti Interview Questions

Updated Sep 19, 2018

2.6

Corporate Strategy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sogeti.

Interview

Phone interview. Went very well but lasted a little long for a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Name one project in school you are most proud about and why.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sogeti (Austin, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Met on campus, went straight to phone interview. Was a technical phone interview, asked me things I've studied and geared his questions around that. Then had an onsite interview, met with HR really low level of stress in the interview.

Interview Questions

• "Asked me to develop queries for SQL around a schema he developed off top of the head. He would add on to it, like now how would you set up your tables and queries if you wanted the time of the transactions?"

"Told him I had parallel programming courses. Asked what thrashing was in the caches. Asked what locks were used for."

Then object oriented questions for C#. What is an interface? What is modular and coupling? Can't remember the rest, he was impressed by the database knowledge.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sogeti (Austin, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview with the recruiter. Once that was done, was brought in for an in-office round robin review with several interviewers. Interviewed along side several other people, very light technical interview involving some logic puzzles and a very short/abstract fizzbuzz. Lot's of questions about yourself.

Interview Questions

• How would you write a program that takes a string and checks if it is a palindrome?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sogeti.

Interview

1 hr phone call regarding the position, on site interviews for 3 hours with account executive, HR, and a developer. Finally, an nterview with unit VP and then regional VP. Very easy interviewing process. My resume did most of the talking for me. This was for a junior developer role, though.

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sogeti (Scottsdale, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

Met with a Vice President, Director of Engineering, HR person, and a senior consultant. Typical technical interview for a software role with the consultant and behaviorals with the rest. They were very clear about the path you would follow given the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sogeti (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Met them at a college career fair. Given a phone interview then invited for an in-person interview from 9am to 2pm. There were 4 interviews. First one was with HR. They are all behavioral questions. Simple and typical questions. Next interview was with a vice president or someone high up. It was also behavioral and conversational. Next interview was technical. This is were I did bad. They expect you to know way too much coming out of college. For example, on my resume I have a few months experience with an ETL tool. The interviewer asked me very advanced questions which a beginner should not know. She was asking about cache and performance improvement. She also asked about a joiner transformation. I told her I only had experience with about 5 out of 30 transformations because again, I'm a beginner with only a few months experience. You will not see any college students with experience in this tool by the way. So even though I knew a little, I knew much more than a typical college grad. The other interviewer asked me SQL and database questions, which were pretty tough. Again, they don't have good expectations for entry level people. I guess they forgot what it feels like to be a college student. The last interview was behavioral and conversational. Overall, I had a bad feeling about the place. I think it started when they told me you only get 2 weeks training coming out of college and are then expected to have a client. This is way too fast. 2 weeks later I get a phone call from HR. Usually a phone call is a good thing so I was excited. On the phone they said "we are hiring about 4 people and we loved our interviews with you. But we aren't hiring you. You don't have enough technical experience." This is such a shock. A company should send you an email for news like this, not a phone call. It is common knowledge that a phone call is good news. I will not recommend this company to anyone.

Interview Questions

• How do you improve the performance of an Informatica workflow if you use an aggregation transformation?

Some question about a joiner transformation and how to use it or how it differs from another transformation.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sogeti.

Interview

Easy - one interview with HR, AE and Recruiter, VP. Then interview lasted for about an hour. After hired I then a couple interviews with potential clients, then placed at client site.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sogeti (Austin, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

Phone interview after being reached out to via online profile. Casual questions for about an hour about my experience in school and about the position in general. Following that, I traveled to the branch office for a round robin interview with some of the project leads, the VP of the branch, and the HR manager. No technical questions. Again, pretty casual and mostly about feeling out who you are and picking your brain on your interests and experiences.

Interview Questions

• What was a time that you experienced failure, and how did you handle it? Did you ever return to that project/etc to mend it or did you move on?   Answer Question

Java Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sogeti (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Human Resource Manager and Manager for getting to know you session, a consultant for technical interview, and the recruiter for reviewing benefits. Each section of interview took about half an hour. And after that, there is treatment for all candidates, which is assumed to be a hidden interview. About 5 days later I received rejection. But some interviewees I know they never get any response.

Interview Questions

• Just Java basics, like difference between private and protected, function overload, and other question based on your resume. But Java part is the most important.

HR question is general one, like where do you see yourself in 3 years.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sogeti (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Interview process was very clear. Technical round(2 on 1), followed by HR and then Meeting with VP.technical round was approximately 45 minutes, HR was 30 minutes and meeting with VP was close to 40 minutes. Technical interview was more about the projects in the resume and questions revolved around the skills mentioned in the resume.

Interview Questions

• In Technical Interview, they asked about projects mentioned in the resume, gave few scenarios and asked how would I approach to solving the issue(eg. if you need to code a software from scratch, how would you go about designing the code), Object oriented principles.
      HR interview was more about what your passion is, what motivates you, what value will you bring to the company other basic questions.   Answer Question