TJ Maxx Merchandise/Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TJ Maxx Merchandise/Sales Associate Interview Questions

1.9

45 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Burlington, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

After submitting my application online through the app [Snagajob], I received a telephone call the next couple days for an interview.
Met with the manager and retail associate in the back room/office at the TJ Maxx.
Questions weren't too hard but you had to think. So have your answers ready with 1-2 examples each.
Some examples are:
Tell me about yourself?
What does customer service mean to you?
What does teamwork mean to you?
When's the earliest you can start?
Do you know anything about TJ Maxx?
Do you have any experience in retail?
Do you feel comfortable offering the TJ Maxx credit card to customers at checkout?
The interview is about 30 minutes. You're asked to fill out a worksheet- job experience, etc.
Don't forget to bring your resume and references!
If you do get to the orientation- bring your SSI & ID card

2 days later the manager calls me and asks if I can come to orientation. 12 pm SHARP!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for TJ Maxx

Merchandise/Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TJ Maxx in May 2016.

Interview

Had a group interview with about 5 other interviewees and 3 assistant managers. Went through a role-play situation, talked about ourselves and why we wanted to work for TJ Maxx, etc. Fairly quick process, the managers said they would call in a week to update us on our status and never did.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with customer service?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Santa Maria, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Santa Maria, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

They called me for an interview within a week I believe, but took at least two weeks to make me an offer. I went in and interviewed with a current manager and they asked me a series of pretty basic questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer that was difficult or upset?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Orlando, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

Turn in a paper application at the store if a manager is available may speak with him or her right then and there. After a couple days will be asked to come in for a group interview and that is when the hiring decision is made, candidate will be notified after 3-5 days to come in for a 1:1. The 1:1 was laid back, asked about prior experience and was told about the culture and how one will fit in.

Merchandise/Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TJ Maxx.

Interview

For group interview, managers just explained about their work, and tj maxx reward credit card. For the second interview, they asked me pretty basic questions eg"why do you want to work at tj maxx?"

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Why do you want to work at tj maxx?
      Tell me about your previous job?
      Where do you see yourself in 5years?
      Can you work in fast paced environment?   3 Answers

Merchandise/Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TJ Maxx in October 2015.

Interview

It was my first interview so I don't think I did that well.. but the manager told me he would call me by the following week on Wednesday. If I didn't get the call I didn't get the job. For an experienced worker the interview was very easy with very basic questions

Anonymous Employee in Alameda, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Alameda, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Filled the application on line which was very easy. Then I went in for a face to face with the Ops Manager and Assistant Manager. They asked several questions. Then I received a call to come in to fill out paperwork and watch videos with policies and practices. Then they called to give us our schedule a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Describe what I think is great customer service.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Charlotte, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

Placed my app online on snagajob and got a call the next day for an
    Went in for my one on one interview
    Got my training schedule the same day.
    Had a group meeting with the other new hires and then training began a week later.

Anonymous Employee in Daly City, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Daly City, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

The hiring and interview process took about two weeks. First it was a phone call briefly discussing availability and experience. Then was an initial interview with the human resource manager, then I had a second interview with another manager. They do background check and call your sources.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you see your coworker not doing their job?   Answer Question

Merchandise/Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TJ Maxx.

Interview

When in store and got an application. Talk to one of the merchandise managers and had a great talk with them I got a personal recommendation. It was a group interview and it was really laid-back both the coordinating manager in the head manager tried to ease the pressure by having a sense of humor and trying to make it more like an informal conversation. The interview was really easy just acts like yourself smile a lot and make sure that your references will answer the phone or else you can't get hired.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of when you received poor customer service?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had a conflict with someone either at school or at work?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work at TJ Maxx?   Answer Question