TJ Maxx Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TJ Maxx Interview Questions

Updated Jan 17, 2018

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJ Maxx.

Interview

Interviewing process was very laid back. The store manager could be described as professional, honest and most of all understanding. Being that this is a college town, they usually dont have any issues with adjusting availability.

Interview Questions

• Whats your availability?
      How would you describe customer service?
      How would you handle an angry customer and etc...?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Morgan Hill, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Morgan Hill, CA).

Interview

In person interview. Felt more like a regular conversation then an interview. Staff/ management were very friendly and welcoming. Went through a lot of paperwork and watched quite a few videos during the training process

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself/ experience in customer service/ retail   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Went to the managers office and discussed questions that were asked.
    Discuesed behvairal type questions, like when this happened what did you do etc etc etc. Very causal and laid back, the manager didn't put a huge pressure on me .

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Webster, NY

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Webster, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

I filled out an interest online and scheduled an interview when called back the next day. I went in for the interview where they had me fill out a real application and then I went back for the interview. The manager was so nice and made me feel comfortable. I was made an offer conditionally as long as my references and background check cleared

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Auburn Hills, MI) in November 2017.

Interview

Unorganized and Dry. The manager was nitpicking with staff as I waited and was already talking to me with an air of condescension. The staff looks so unhappy and unmotivated. I'll pass.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TJ Maxx in November 2017.

Interview

It was simple and a casual conversation. I came in after calling for an update on application and we set up a day and time for me to come in. and I applied for seasonal. the interview lasted about 30 minutes.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Quick interview, it only lasted about 30 or so minutes. They were very friendly, and the questions were not too difficult to answer. Overall it was a good experience.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TJ Maxx.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was very basic. I submitted my application and a few days later, received a call to the store for an in person interview, in which they asked me a few basic questions about myself, and how I might handle myself in some different situations.

Interview Questions

• If I were to ask (referrer's name) about you, what do you think he/she would say?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

The interview went well i could say . The questions were particularly easy to answer. After the interview they immediately call the references that i provided. I wait a week after the process to let them know i was interested.They did not wait a long time to call me and offer a position.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TJ Maxx.

Interview

I was called into a group interview with about five other people. It was a fast-paced process and one must try to answer questions before any other member of the group answered. However, I was very young when I took this interview, and it was my first job interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me about a time when you and a friend had an argument. How did you work it out?   Answer Question