TJ Maxx Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TJ Maxx Interview Questions

Interviews at TJ Maxx

2.0

Manager Interview

Interview

Very laid back, not really that difficult of questions. insight into the job interview process and the steps involved, from screening to final interviews and job offers. If your organization's interview process turns candidates off, “they will roll their eyes and find other opportunities,

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Quick, no drug test, nice people, little room for moving up, interview went nicely she asked a lot of questions about how to handle frustrated customers and always wanted you to respond by saying to involve a manager

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a frustrated customer   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TJ Maxx.

Interview

It went very well! First was interviewed by the hiring manager over the phone, and then was called for another phone interview by the manager of the store (everything was over the phone due to COVID). Standard interview questions, everything was very easy. Just know literally anything about customer service.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.

How would you respond to a customer when approached with a negative or difficult situation?

When was a time where you received good/bad customer service? How did it make you feel?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJ Maxx.

Interview

Interview was just like a conversation. The manager was really friendly and made me feel comfortable. I was interviewed inside of the store in the employee backroom. Workers also seemed really friendly

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Appleton, WI) in July 2020.

Interview

So I first applied online and got called back in less than 24 hours for a phone interview! I was super stressed about the phone interview but there really was no need to worry (coming from someone who has never had a interview beforehand). They then called my references, which checked out, and then they called me for a second interview, which would be in person. I was even more stressed for this one, but it turns out it was barely an interview. They told me when I got there that I already got the job, they just wanted to meet me and get to know me before orientation. This process is different than they usually do it because of covid. If you are stressed about your interview with TJ MAXX, I wouldn’t worry! I’ve never had any work experience or prior interviews and they hired me! Just be yourself and present an enthusiastic attitude!

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dickson City, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Dickson City, PA).

Interview

They had paper applications at the store for anyone interested in applying for a job. I heard about the hiring through a friend who worked there. After I submitted an application, I was called in for an interview which lasted about 10-15 minutes. I was told that I was accepted for the position right after my interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TJ Maxx.

Interview

It was very easy. It was a group interview. Two managers were present. Most of the questions were behavioral. Nothing to hard to handle. Interviewee should be fine. Really easy and simple.

Interview Questions

Interview

I had a walk-in interview with the manager. She asked me basic behavioral questions and about my experience and why I wanted to work here. I then spoke about the experience I had with retail along with my availability and how long I plan to work here, should I be hired. The process overall was easy and quick. I was extended an offer the same day and began my training the same week.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you'd make a good sales representative?   Answer Question

Customer Experience Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2020.

Interview

Interview was pretty standard. They asked alot of retail related questions. Such as about numbers my previous retail experience and how I would fix their problems. The follow up interview was with a district manager. Follow up interview was very short.

Interview Questions

• How I would problem solve. How I would improve ic apps   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJ Maxx.

Interview

I went in-person to apply and filled out an application. Two weeks later, I received a phone call to come in for an interview. The interview was in a group setting with one manager and 5 other applicants. It was the easiest interview of my life. Unless you say that you hate customers, you should receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any previous customer service experience? (Please go into detail about your experience.)   Answer Question