Cover image for TJ Maxx
Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

TJ Maxx Interview Questions

Updated Dec 1, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,114 of over 1.1K interviews

2.0
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

TJ Maxx

Application

I interviewed at TJ Maxx

Interview

Informal conversation with managers who were understanding and kind. They cared about the candidates and it was a good feeling to experience. I am happy to have had the opportunity to interview with them.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself, just a question to gauge personality.
    4 Answers
2 people found this interview helpful

TJ Maxx

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TJ Maxx

Interview

The interview process was pretty chill. I sat in the office with two hiring managers as they asked me questions about my previous work experience. They also threw in some abstract questions.

Interview Questions
  • They asked me to convince them on why they should buy a stapler and a pencil sharpener.

TJ Maxx

Application

I interviewed at TJ Maxx

Interview

Easy process overall, manager asked me a few questions and showed me around the store and I was done. Heard back after a few days that I was accepted and I was very excited.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

TJ Maxx

Application

I interviewed at TJ Maxx

Interview

Was easy going. Not much questions were asked honestly ,. Seemed liked they were just trying hire quickly so was hired on the spot. Interviewer was very nice and accommodable.

Interview Questions
  • Honestly, I dont remember. Something generic about experience

TJ Maxx

Application

I interviewed at TJ Maxx

Interview

Great interview process. I learned a lot about customer service. I got a chance to explain my credentials and what value i could bring to the team. The interviewer listened as provided appropriate feedback.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Augusta, KS) in Oct 2022

Interview

Very nice and informative. I loved the atmosphere. You are interviewed by two people at once . You are able to ask as many questions as you would like within the interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

TJ Maxx

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TJ Maxx

Interview

There was one phone interview and one video interview. The process was very easy and took two weeks. The interviews are mostly learning about the company and talking about previous experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

TJ Maxx

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TJ Maxx

Interview

Easy interview. Went over a few questions, explained the job to me and what was the be expected day to day cashier. Was offered the position. Accepted the part time seasonal position

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

TJ Maxx

Application

I interviewed at TJ Maxx

Interview

It was very Quick process , means everything from Application to get Hired in a week. Interview was situational based means what you have done in your last All jobs in the given situation

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Irving, TX)

Interview

Typical interview process - initial screening, 1st, and 2nd interviews. The decision turnaround was really quick. Interview was held in-person at the local regional office, and the interviewer was the department manager. Very positive experience, which included a candid conversation about my experience, the role, and the expectation. Salary and benefits negotiation began in second interview.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work for TJ Maxx?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Menomonee Falls, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Menomonee Falls, WI)

Interview

The interview process was quick and easy. I met with the person who would be my boss that asked the usual questions of what experience I’ve had, how I would handle certain customer situations such as a person looking for an item or a customer upset we don’t have something. She then asked what my availability would be and explained what the day-to-day would look like.

Interview Questions
  • How would you handle a customer who was upset about us not having an item?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,114 Interviews

TJ Maxx Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at TJ Maxx as 74.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 1.98 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Cashier and Cashier/Sales Associate rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Merchandise Associate and Sales Associate roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at TJ Maxx takes an average of 11 days when considering 1,248 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Sales Associate had the quickest hiring process (on average 7 days), whereas Merchandise Associate roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 14 days).

Common stages of the interview process at TJ Maxx according to 1,248 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 35.94%