TJ Maxx Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 16, 2017

2.0

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied in store and heard back within a week for an interview. The interview had to be rescheduled because I was going out of town and the manager was very understanding and nice. Once I went in for the interview the manager was again very nice and had a smile on her face. She made me feel comfortable about the interview process.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach a customer who has an issue and seems impatient?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Miami, FL).

Interview

Gave app in person. It Took one week. Was easy. Basic questions being asked. Very easy. Got the job starting at minimum wage. Simple duties of sales associate. Interviewed with 2 managers. Hired on spot

Anonymous Employee in Hinesville, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Hinesville, GA).

Interview

It was a job fair, there were more than 500 applicants. just fill out the form and wait for you turn to get interviewed. that's pretty much it, waited almost 3 hours though.

Interview Questions

• What is customer service for you ?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJ Maxx in July 2017.

Interview

Went into the store and dropped off my application. By some miracle they happened to be doing interviews on the same day so they scheduled me in. Ended up doing a group interview with 5 other people. This was the first job where I did a group interview and overall I thought it went good. They ended up calling me 2 days later and scheduled me for orientation.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Biddeford, ME

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Biddeford, ME).

Interview

I filled out an application and delivered it in-store. I went back to follow up within a week where I met one of the managers and scheduled an interview for a few days later. It was less of an interview really and more of an information session about the job... They didn't ask me many questions and spent most of the time telling me how easy the work would be. I walked out with a start date for the following week.

Interview Questions

• What previous experience has prepared you for this job?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Irving, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I went for an open interview on a Monday at 1 PM. I answered the questions that the managers asked and everything seemed fine until they didn't call me back by the deadline which was Friday. I WILL NOT APPLY FOR ANOTHER TJ MAXX EVER AGAIN!

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJ Maxx.

Interview

It was too easy. You are talking about your daily routines or easy things . You should just calm down. It was my first interview so I was little nervous.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TJ Maxx.

Interview

The interview went really smooth, it was quick too! Maybe lasted about 10 minutes, the manager asked a few questions and then talked about how many hours you could work.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a customer complaining about something?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJ Maxx.

Interview

One on one sit down with store manager, asked me some questions about past jobs I had, hours available to work, how I get along with others, particular skills, and plans for the future.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for our company?   1 Answer

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Easton, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Easton, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

I sent my resume to TJ Maxx from Indeed and received a call to schedule an interview. The woman interviewing me was very nice and asked me typical interview questions, ie. what good customer service means to me. She seemed very impressed with my answered and even told me so, I also offered open availability. After about 35 minutes of questions about working as a team, customer service issues, what I had to offer as an employee, etc. I asked some questions and the interviewer told me that she'd love to have me on board and was very impressed with my answers, but will get back to me after the other manager called my references and reviewed my application. I never heard from them again, and they never contacted my references. They left me at least somewhat hopeful and waiting for their call, it was kind of unprofessional to just leave me hanging.