Toys "R" Us Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Toys "R" Us Interview Questions

Updated Nov 21, 2017
1,066 Interview Reviews

2.1

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us.

Interview

Group interview was skipped because not all applicants showed up. So we went straight to one on one interviews. After the interview I was told to expect a call for the second interview. Which was set for the next day. I past the 2nd interview and was offered the job

Interview Questions

• Asked multiple:
      Availability?
      Previous work history
      How to handle difficult customers
      How a conflict was handled with previous co-worker
      How to handle a lot of tasks on hand
      Customer service skills
      Favorite childhood toy   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rialto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Rialto, CA).

Interview

Roundtable / Group interviews. Initial contact phone, one on one intervjew with Human Resource District Manager , one on one with Regional Vice President final contact with store manager for final hiring decision for right placement and fit

Interview Questions

• How do you spell Geoffrey the gjraffe   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Kalamazoo, MI) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied to a Seasonal Part-Time Order Fulfillment position and received a phone call the next day. The position I applied for was already filled but they still wanted to set up an interview for their other positions. I scheduled the interview for the next morning.

After looking on Glassdoor I knew it was going to be a group interview with a 1on1 after. When I arrived I was told by the store manager that it was going to be much shorter than what I was originally told. There ended up being 5 other candidates interviewed. We were brought to the break room where the store manager told us about the pay, openings, and the importance of customer service. We went around and introduced ourselves and had to say our favorite restaurant. This group portion lasted about 35 minutes. The store manager then met with us 1on1 to discuss our availability, took information to begin a background check and offered a position contingent on the background check passing.

I currently have a full time position and am only looking to supplement my income during the holiday season. They were very understanding and said that they know my real job takes priority but that any help I can offer they would be happy to have.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite restaurant?   1 Answer
    • Why do you need/want to work at Toys R Us?   1 Answer
    • What is your availability?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us in November 2017.

Interview

The interview went by really fast. It was a one - on - one interview . It was just like any other interview. They called me 2 days after I applied.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Miami, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received a call the following day to come in for an interview later in the week. It was a group interview and only a few general questions were asked to each of us. We then went over the responsibilities of the positions we applied for and that was it. Just had to wait for the background check to go through.

Toys R Us Seasonal Overnight Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange Park, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Orange Park, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

Very easy process. I completed an application online, went in and asked to speak to the hiring manager in order to check on the status of my application. The hiring manager and store manager were delightful and agreed to set up an interview that day.

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Covina, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (West Covina, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Group interview. Introduce yourself, pick a toy off sales floor and sell it to interviewer, get in a team and use building toys to build something together, then 1 on 1 interview.

Overnight Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Orange, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Laid back. Was told to do work in partners. Two part interview. Once you pass the first, you will proceed to the second one. A tour of the store was given.

Interview Questions

• Where did I work at before? How would you sell a toy to someone? What are some interview questions that all of us as a group would come up with and why? How to deal with difficult customers?   Answer Question

Seasonal Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

easy fast took about 2 weeks, applied through indeed got a call 2 days later went for the interview got an offer, background check took 6 days , I started right away

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work holidays   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Bronx, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview process is the same as majority of the interviews that were mentioned. I came to the interview, it was a group interview. Once we got inside, they told us about the company and then we were required to pick a toy and present it to everyone as if we were selling the item.

Interview Questions

• Pick a toy and talk about why you chose the toy. You were given the option to act as if you were making a commericial.   1 Answer