Toys "R" Us Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,092 Interview Reviews

2.1

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

I just checked people out. Lot of nice looking girls worked there too. The other co workers were friendly as well. I sometimes played catch when the kids when it wasn't busy.

Interview Questions

• How good are you dealing with people and loud kids?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Wayne, NJ).

Interview

Spoke with the HR team first about the company, team, and opportunity. Then I met with hiring manager and cross-functional partners across 2 rounds of in person interviews. It was organized through HR logistically, but each person seemed to have their own interview style and approach. Then stayed in touch with HR by phone afterwards.

Overnight Flow Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Bronx, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

It was a great experience was very easy to go through. I think the person who held the interview was amazing and upbeat and straight to the point.

Interview Questions

• How would I sell a item to a customer   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (New York, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

I arrived right on time for my meeting and their was a sign in sheet which determined the order of your interview. They only did individual interviews and it was very basic less than 10 minutes. I was hired on the spot.

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us in December 2017.

Interview

It was super easy and I kept a super positive attitude! :) The lady was super nice and has no issue at all! Just act like you want to be there.

Assembler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goodyear, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Goodyear, AZ) in December 2017.

Interview

Its a very easy interview they know what they want wayyy beforehand. They know if you are going to be declined before your interview but neglect o ever get in touch with you. They usually hire groups without much thought dependong on the store.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us.

Interview

Group interview was skipped because not all applicants showed up. So we went straight to one on one interviews. After the interview I was told to expect a call for the second interview. Which was set for the next day. I past the 2nd interview and was offered the job

Interview Questions

• Asked multiple:
      Availability?
      Previous work history
      How to handle difficult customers
      How a conflict was handled with previous co-worker
      How to handle a lot of tasks on hand
      Customer service skills
      Favorite childhood toy   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rialto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Rialto, CA).

Interview

Roundtable / Group interviews. Initial contact phone, one on one intervjew with Human Resource District Manager , one on one with Regional Vice President final contact with store manager for final hiring decision for right placement and fit

Interview Questions

• How do you spell Geoffrey the gjraffe   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Kalamazoo, MI) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied to a Seasonal Part-Time Order Fulfillment position and received a phone call the next day. The position I applied for was already filled but they still wanted to set up an interview for their other positions. I scheduled the interview for the next morning.

After looking on Glassdoor I knew it was going to be a group interview with a 1on1 after. When I arrived I was told by the store manager that it was going to be much shorter than what I was originally told. There ended up being 5 other candidates interviewed. We were brought to the break room where the store manager told us about the pay, openings, and the importance of customer service. We went around and introduced ourselves and had to say our favorite restaurant. This group portion lasted about 35 minutes. The store manager then met with us 1on1 to discuss our availability, took information to begin a background check and offered a position contingent on the background check passing.

I currently have a full time position and am only looking to supplement my income during the holiday season. They were very understanding and said that they know my real job takes priority but that any help I can offer they would be happy to have.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite restaurant?   1 Answer
    • Why do you need/want to work at Toys R Us?   1 Answer
    • What is your availability?   1 Answer

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Dayton, OH) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied on Indeed. They called and scheduled me an interview, then emailed me to reschedule it which was fine. I came in well dressed. The interviewee before me came in jeans and a t-shirt and was offered a job, so I over dressed apparently. She didn’t seem very interested in my answers, it came off almost as she was going to hire me no matter what I said. Maybe they were really short on overnight stickers.

Interview Questions

• Where did you work previously?   1 Answer
    • What was your favorite part of working at (past job)?   1 Answer
    • What was the worst part of working at (past job)?   1 Answer