Toys "R" Us Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 15, 2017
1,004 Interview Reviews

2.1

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us.

Interview

group interview with "game"
    game was playing "customer/cashier" , seeing how we would react in certain situations. basically role playing what we would be doing
    very fun interview process
    then individual interview after

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation if you couldn't not help/ answer a customer's question on price/where to find something?   1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us.

Interview

Applied for the job online then went in for the interview. The interview was short and sweet. Was told that I would have to wait around 3 days for the background check.

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Orlando, FL).

Interview

It was a basic group interview hiring for season. They go over the basics but won't give you your position until they hire you. Whether you keep the job is based on performance and need after season. So it's rare but it happens some times.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us.

Interview

It consisted of two in-person interviews. First, you would interview with an assistant manager. They would ask you a standard list of questions. Afterward, a few days, you'll get a call back for a second interview, and the store manager would interview with a standard list of questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us.

Interview

The interview process was really simple. I put my application in online and I received a call a few weeks later. From there I was interviewed by an HR manager and hired a few days later.

Stocking Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us.

Interview

It was a group interview. We were asked to pick a toy and talking about why we picked the toy. We were also asked to sale the toy by doing a little commercial about it. Then we were paired in groups and asked to build a puzzle without any instructions to see if we ask questions and how well we can work together. That was pretty much it

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? And why would you like to work at here?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Douglasville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Douglasville, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

I interviewed in Douglasville,GA . The Interview lasted 2 hours because there were 34 candidates.Half of the people never even showed up .First they took us to a break room in the back and we all introduced our self 1by1 .Next, we told what our favorite toy was and what we do on our off days After and talked with a partner in why they deserve the job .After that we were separated in potential job positions and for Sales associate you have to go around the store and choose a Toy and pitch it to the Manager .

Anonymous Employee in Woodbridge, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Woodbridge, NJ) in July 2017.

Interview

Walked in to toys r us and was told to go to the break room. the interviewer asked normal to hard questions. got a response in two weeks, and was told to bring my working papers so they can sign it.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us.

Interview

The first interview, for me, was a group interview. They typically ask the group questions and you answer. They then ask you to break up into groups and present a product you're trying to sell. After that there's a second interview basically telling you that you got the job.

Interview Questions

• They asked how would you help answer a customers question about a product.   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Lewisville, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I went in for a one on one, but ultimately declined the offer because I was looking for seasonal/temporary not permanent. Most questions where about teamwork hypothetical situation.