Toys "R" Us Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Toys "R" Us Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2018
1,155 Interview Reviews

2.1

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us.

Interview

Panel interview with high level executives asking me general interview question about leadership, accountability and results. Interview was around a hour long and their was a Q&A session afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to hold someone accountable. What was the situation, how did you go about handling it and what was the outcome.   1 Answer

DC Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Stockton, CA).

Interview

I had an initial 2 rounds of phone interview with basic questions about my background and experience. The last round consisted of an on site interview where I flew in and met the team and manager and also was given a tour of the facility. This round also consisted of some brainstorming questions about current projects in the facility.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

I just checked people out. Lot of nice looking girls worked there too. The other co workers were friendly as well. I sometimes played catch when the kids when it wasn't busy.

Interview Questions

• How good are you dealing with people and loud kids?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Wayne, NJ).

Interview

Spoke with the HR team first about the company, team, and opportunity. Then I met with hiring manager and cross-functional partners across 2 rounds of in person interviews. It was organized through HR logistically, but each person seemed to have their own interview style and approach. Then stayed in touch with HR by phone afterwards.

Assembler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goodyear, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Goodyear, AZ) in December 2017.

Interview

Its a very easy interview they know what they want wayyy beforehand. They know if you are going to be declined before your interview but neglect o ever get in touch with you. They usually hire groups without much thought dependong on the store.

Overnight Flow Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Bronx, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

It was a great experience was very easy to go through. I think the person who held the interview was amazing and upbeat and straight to the point.

Interview Questions

• How would I sell a item to a customer   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (New York, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

I arrived right on time for my meeting and their was a sign in sheet which determined the order of your interview. They only did individual interviews and it was very basic less than 10 minutes. I was hired on the spot.

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us in December 2017.

Interview

It was super easy and I kept a super positive attitude! :) The lady was super nice and has no issue at all! Just act like you want to be there.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us.

Interview

Group interview was skipped because not all applicants showed up. So we went straight to one on one interviews. After the interview I was told to expect a call for the second interview. Which was set for the next day. I past the 2nd interview and was offered the job

Interview Questions

• Asked multiple:
      Availability?
      Previous work history
      How to handle difficult customers
      How a conflict was handled with previous co-worker
      How to handle a lot of tasks on hand
      Customer service skills
      Favorite childhood toy   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rialto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Toys "R" Us (Rialto, CA).

Interview

Roundtable / Group interviews. Initial contact phone, one on one intervjew with Human Resource District Manager , one on one with Regional Vice President final contact with store manager for final hiring decision for right placement and fit

Interview Questions

• How do you spell Geoffrey the gjraffe   1 Answer