UBS Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UBS Software Developer Interview Questions

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

Pretty straightforward. First, behavioral interview on campus with a HR lady (super nice!). There were some technical questions like "What does GC mean?" etc. and other really easy ones. Then on the super day two interviews back to back with different Software Engineers. They asked technical questions and stuff, very easy coding stuff.

Negotiation

No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for UBS

Software Developer Interview

Interview

1 round oncampus interview + half day onsite. first round was only very basic question, and onsite has 2 round of tech coding and 1 round of behavior and a group discussion. I got this as a internship offer, after internship they will give some full time offer, which is very good.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

I was interviewed by the on campus recuit team and the questions was consisted of both behavior and tech questions, except the general HR questions there were some brain teasers as well. It was a 1 to 1 interview and it was very casual, nothing too strict and business like. After one week from the interview, I was invited to their super day, and now I am preparing for the superday now.

Interview Questions

• Talk about the OO programing. What do you know about it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in February 2009.

Interview

Spoke with them at university's career fair, got a call the next day for an on campus interview. The questions were straight forward, coding stuff: interpreted vs compiled, what is OOP, what is polymorphism. Then they ask a little about finance: what are stocks, bonds, etc. I didn't go into as much detail with the answers as I should have, it's good to show enthusiasm and knowledge for everything you answer.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UBS (Zürich (Switzerland)) in November 2016.

Interview

The thoroughness, length and quality of interviews vary widely depending on team, division and whether the position is in the investment bank (formerly UBS Warburg) or the private bank / wealth management business (formerly UBS).

Typically one is screened for a base level of technical competence and early signs of team fit during the interview stage, with many hiring managers opting to build a true picture of the candidate during the early stages of employment / assignment instead.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself in terms of your career and your approach to software engineering.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (City of London, England (UK)) in August 2012.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted a week later by HR to clarify some basic stuff - after 2 more days they wanted to set up a face-to-face interview.

Interview consisted of two 30-minute 1:1 interviews with mainly basic C++ questions and debugging/profiling related stuff. First interviewer seemed quite nice, but second interviewer appeared to be more interested in showing off how clever he was than in the answers.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UBS in February 2012.

Interview

They mainly asked from the resume.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join Financial comapny?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UBS in January 2010.

Interview

Had a Phone Screen Interview first. Basic programming questions
    Then was invited to their office in Stamford for a 1:1 interview.
    Met with 3 developers in the group.
    All were completely technical interviews. There were designing questions, programming questions, general logic questions. Questions ranged from designing a class for implementation of ChessBoard game to writing code for some Linked List problem implementation. They focussed a lot on multithreading questions and discussed my experience with that. There was a question about string reversal as well which I had to code.
    Each interviewer spend 1/2 hr.

Interview Questions

• Reversal of all words in a sentence(e.g: "This is a good question" becomes "question good a is This")   3 Answers
    • Implementation of a Hash Table class   Answer Question