Ulta Beauty Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,666 of over 1,666.0 interviews

Employee Referral5%
2.1
HardAverageEasy

Ulta Beauty

Application

I interviewed at Ulta Beauty

Interview

Laid back interview, talked briefly about personal experience. I was asked what my favorite products and brands were and why I wanted to work with the company. Offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work for this company?
    Answer Question

Ulta Beauty

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty

Interview

The internet process wasn’t difficult at all, it was short and to the point. Asked a lot of questions about what I’m comfortable doing and what I’ve done in the past.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Ulta Beauty

Application

I interviewed at Ulta Beauty

Interview

Meet with district manager. She asked for my resume and we started to talk about my previous experience. Felt like having a conversation more than a formal interview. We met for coffee, so it was a relaxed setting.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you had to juggle multiple priorities. What were they and how did you handle the situation.

Ulta Beauty

Application

I interviewed at Ulta Beauty

Interview

Very simple, they ask a few questions but overall it was a good interview! They ask availability, previous job history things like that. Really did not get any scenario questions. They ask why you want to work there and what you can offer to do the job.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Ulta Beauty

Application

I interviewed at Ulta Beauty

Interview

Easy, asked if I knew about modern beauty and could up sell items together and recommending stuff about each product and knowing about skin care application and contouring and lip products and trends

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Ulta Beauty

Application

I interviewed at Ulta Beauty

Interview

Very standard interview. About 10-15 questions. Be prepared to answer things like “tell me about yourself” “what’s a difficult situation you’ve dealt with and how?” Mostly about how you interact with guests, and trying to learn your personality.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a time you dealt with an unsatisfied customer and how you handled it?

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Atlanta, GA) in May 2022

Interview

Fill out the online application. Wait 48-72 hours. Check in with the store if you haven’t heard anything. Once invited for an interview. Ensure that you are prepared. Research Ulta, know the products and be engaging and create positive energy! Have fun but be professional.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Ulta Beauty

Application

I interviewed at Ulta Beauty

Interview

The interview felt rushed and I picked up on a lot of work place drama. When I walked out of the room 3 members of the staff were on me immediately asking questions about what job I interviewed for and how much I asked for in pay.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in League City, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (League City, TX)

Interview

Role playing and asked if okay with being hands on. Asked if you are able to make certain sales goal. Overall a good company to work for. Just wish pay was more and very few full time positions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Ulta Beauty

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty

Interview

Group interview with one other person. We sat at the back of store, introduced ourselves, and then began the interview. At the end, we asked the hiring manager some questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,666 Interviews

Ulta Beauty Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Ulta Beauty as 69.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.13 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for General Manager and Beauty Advisor rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Prestige Beauty Advisor and Cashier roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Ulta Beauty takes an average of 13 days when considering 2,130 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Cashier had the quickest hiring process (on average 9 days), whereas General Manager roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 14 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Ulta Beauty according to 2,130 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 27.76%