Ulta Beauty Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flower Mound, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Flower Mound, TX).

Interview

Manager took me into a room the size of a closet where 2 other people were doing training and made me sit on a fold out chair in the doorway. Told me pay was only $8 per hour!! Told her I had wasted my time coming to interview. No thanks.

Prestige Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Great Falls, MT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Great Falls, MT).

Interview

I applied online for a store that hadn't opened yet. After two weeks, received a call from the District Manager and was asked if I could interview that day. Set up appointment for two hours later. Was supposed to interview with the district manager and the general manager of another store. After interviewing with the DM, she told me that it wasn't necessary that I interview with the general manager. That was on Wednesday. On the following Monday I was informally offered the position and received my offer letter on Tuesday. The interview was conversation style in a hotel lobby. Very pleasant, very informative.

Prestige Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

The interview process was about 4 weeks. I had three interviews. I originally applied to work as a beauty advisor part time to work while I was looking for a full time position. During my interview they decided to begin interviewing my for higher up positions, I was very excited about the process until I realized how poorly the management is for the company. After three interviews for two positions I never heard back. I called to follow up and my calls were ignored. The most unprofessional environment I have ever walked in... associates are rude, don't care about customers, and dress unprofessionally. Management is a disaster.

Retail Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty in September 2017.

Interview

GM for a New store opening reached out to me and encouraged me to apply. I did, and scheduled an interview time. I knew to expect another manager at the interview who turned out to be the salon manager who has been with the company a while. When I arrived they were busy talking so I waited a few minutes, got a drink (Interview occurred at a coffee shop) and finally interrupted them to let them know I was there.
    I had prepared for an executive interview, including situational questions, strength/weakness questions, and a short SWOT for the industry in our area. I also brought my list of questions should they not be answered in the course of the interview.
    The interview lasted an hour, however Neither interviewer asked me a Single Question. It was the strangest interview I have ever done. Not only that, but when I had my opportunity to ask my questions of them, Neither could directly answer most of those. Not career path, not KPIs for performance reviews, not even pay scale or position start date. I left feeling like I had just had my tea in the Twilight Zone. I spent an hour with two career managers who did not give me a single reason why I would want to work for their organization. Interviews are a two way street.

Interview Questions

• Not One Single Question, not even 'tell us a little about yourself' or 'tell me about a time when...'?   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

I received a callback fairly quickly and scheduled a hone interview. Did a phone interview for a store opening in a particular area. The questions were pretty standard for retail managers. "Name a time where you were in a difficult situation and how did you handle it? How do you stay on top of meeting sales goals? What's the most people you have managed at one time? Have you ever managed a high volume store with over a million in sales yearly?"

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Ulta?   1 Answer

Beauty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Roseville, MN).

Interview

Terrible! They invited me for an interview which didn't work for me. I called back trying to reschedule it but the lady was rude (should have been a warning). I didn't get a good feeling about it at all. My love for makeup and Ulta, made me try even though they were rude (bad idea). My sisters even said don't go for the job. After much trouble, I finally put time out of my day to go interview. I thought it went well. My makeup was flawless and I was dressed professionally unlike the other interviewee. The interview was on the floor which is fine. However, I felt uncomfortable going around asking customers if they need any help. As I was just in regular apparel and carrying my bag. I was pretty nervous because I really wanted the job. The lady said she would call me by the weekend to see if I made it to the next step of the interview. Like there's a next step? It's only a part-time job 10-15 hours. So the weekend passed by and nothing. But I waited patiently. After half/a week I called and the RUDE lady said, "I said I'll call if I'm INTERESTED." That was it. She has done so previously when I called about rescheduling the interview. Rude and short, showing me exactly how they'll treat their future employees. She clearly told me that she would call me and let me know if I made it to the next step. Never have I ever felt so disrespected. Terrible management. Even though I love Ulta, I'm never going to the Rosevile Ulta ever again. Disrespectful interviewer. I would recomend other Ulta's but not this one.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menomonee Falls, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Menomonee Falls, WI) in August 2017.

Interview

About a week after applying, I received a call from a store that was about 20 minutes further from the store I applied to. This location was interested in interviewing me, so I agreed. The manager was fun and friendly, and the interview only lasted 15 minutes at most, with only 5 general questions asked about my previous experience in retail. I definitely felt over-prepared!

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working at Ulta?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

Nice managers, was asked questions for 20 minutes. It was supposed to be a group interview of four, only two of us showed up. I met with two managers, who asked about my previous work experience and background. Talked about growth within the company

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online, HR reached out for a phone screen with a Sr. Manager. Was asked a lot of questions you'd expect, and some others you'd expect for this role were left out. Dwelled a lot of prioritization specifically, so I would prepare a few extremely specific examples of that. Looking for someone analytical who lives for Excel and reporting. Told me that I needed to specifically decide what I wanted to do for ULTA for another interview, but also never asked me what I wanted to do for ULTA--so found that comment to be a little off.

Interview Questions

• How do you go about goal setting for your every day tasks?   Answer Question

Hair Stylist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Asheboro, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Asheboro, NC) in August 2017.

Interview

Very laid back and casual. They were very friendly. I was super nervous going in because I've worked for myself for 11 years. They were wonderful and really put me at easy quickly!!!