VMware Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

VMware Engineering Interview Questions

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at VMware in December 2014.

Interview

Absolutely no respect for my time. I was at their office multiple times in a 2 month period. After 13 rounds of interviews and tests with peers, managers, directors, Vps and hr they didn't even bother updating me on the status. After round 7 it started feeling like an overkill. Not sure why I wasted so much time. Maybe I believed that it was a great company to work for and the experience was worth it. Any employer that doesn't respect prospective employees can't obviously be great.

Interview Questions

• Salary expectations in round 1 along with detailed breakdown of current compensation   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for VMware

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at VMware (Santa Clarita, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

The initial HR contact was fine and the questionnaire about the application prior to the phone screening was pleasant and simple enough. However, when I spoke with the hiring manager: rather then focusing on administering the application in general, I was grilled on the specifics of a recent project that was a rather unusual configuration. As we got into it, I realized that giving away too many specifics might be violating the SLA my current company had with Perforce and at that point, I couldn't gracefully back-pedal out of his questions

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VMware (Palo Alto, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

One of the principals would notmake eye contact, seemeddisinterested as well as current principal. I guess the other two voted for and he voted present. I learned about the job objectives from the interview then the entire time ? was there. They cancelled the last 5 of my 6 ststus meetings.

Interview Questions

• How do you go about planning your project   1 Answer

Negotiation

They meet my price.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VMware (San Francisco, CA) in August 2007.

Interview

everything from your initial communications with the company, organization and planning of the interview, number and type of interviews, and any advice you might offer to other interview candidates. Bonus points for your perceptions of the people, office, and work culture.

Interview Questions

• Please try to phrase as a question and/or be as detailed as possible about the technical problem, business case, etc   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at VMware in November 2009.

Interview

My job position was terminated, and i was forced to look else where. A verygood friend of mine, reffered me to VMWare. And immediately i was asked to solve a programing problem via email communication.

It took them a week to respond back to the solution. The response was positive and I was called in for an face to face interview. These communication was going on with the hiring manager and the actual scheduling was then done with the internal recuiter. The communication was clear and prompt.

During the face to face interview, the schedule was changed, but nothing alrming. On the day of interview met 9 people, which included hiring manager, recuiter, technical staff, org director. The question ranged from real life experience to solving problems and providing multiple and efficient solution to the problem.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMware in June 2009.

Interview

I received an email inquiring if I was still interested. I Replied yes.
    We set up a phone screen interview where I was asked some technical questions mostly about Linux command and Java questions. I passed the phone screen and was invited to another phone interview with an expert and was literally grilled on Windows and Linux for about 60 minutes. I passed this. Then I was invited to another on-site interview. This went fairly well.

Interview Questions

• Write a function that takes a binary tree as input, and have it perform in order traversal.   2 Answers