VMware Ecosystem Engineering Infrastructure - UI Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Ecosystem Engineering Infrastructure - UI Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at VMware (Palo Alto, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who found me on LinkedIn. I was setup for an interview with the hiring manager. I was told the that interview would be to learn more about the position and my current and past positions. If that interview went well the second one would be a java skills test (were I would find mistakes and efficiency issues for 3 questions) on WebEx, and for the third interview they would fly me in for an in-person interview with a panel.

That was not the case however. The hiring manager (first interview) was the one who administered the java skills test via WebEx. This caused a delay because I had called into the conference call meeting number, and not the WebEx portion. When in fact I was to wait for the hiring manager to call me directly and log into the WebEx. This confusion rattled my nerves and for the first question i was really nervous and stuttered my way through it. The hiring manager had to coax me to the right answer. On the second and third questions I finally got more comfortable and was able to answer them correctly.

The second interview was with what would have been a peer. In it I was asked questions about best practices, hypothetical solutions to programming challenges and previous projects positions I had worked on and what role I played in them.

Unfortunately that's where all communication stopped. I received no response to my thank you letter, or one saying they were no longer interested, or even that the position was filled. I felt the recruiter was a bit clueless on the interview process/company and wasn't able to answer any of my questions.

Interview Questions

• Specify all the required programming/components necessary to add to an existing search box an auto-complete/related-search-terms drop down.   1 Answer