VMware Program Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

VMware Program Manager Interview Questions

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at VMware in December 2016.

Interview

Initial recruiter phone screen and then hiring manager phone interview. Peer reviews (onsite or phone) and then final onsite interviews. The recruiting team was very helpful and made certain to keep candidates up to speed on next steps. The hiring manager and peer interviews were very punctual and time conscious. Even though I was not offered the position, I couldn't of asked for a more professional interview process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for VMware

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at VMware (Palo Alto, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with 4 different people, one of which was the direct hiring manager. They moved very quickly and all interviews were conducted via telephone even though I lived locally because they were all remote.

Interview Questions

• general people skills, communication skills, interests etc   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VMware.

Interview

Had several rounds of phone interviews with cross teams and in teams. Invited on-site but it was not a great experience. Not sure if I was in the midst of their urgent projects deliverables but the interviewer' minds were on other pressing things. Process took around 3 weeks end to end.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at VMware (Austin, TX).

Interview

Once you get passed HR the process is easy. Know what you are talking about, have the relevant experience and you'll be fine.

Interview Questions

• You need to launch a project in 90 days. What do you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at VMware (Austin, TX) in January 2011.

Interview

Interviewed by 8 different folks who would be stakeholders for my programs. Some were face-2-face and others were via phone. The interview intensity was based on the stakeholder's level of engagement with the candidate who would eventually fill this role. Some interviewers were apathetic, regarding my skill set, while others drilled me with questions and seemed to discourage me from the role. None the less, they all chose me as the best candidate.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were directed at my channel experience and my work ethic when facing adversity   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at VMware (Palo Alto, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

Phone screening by recruiter; scheduled for a full day of interviews with 7 team members. Interviewers were gracious. Each were certain to ask if I had any questions for them before ending their portion of the interview. The interviews were heavily technical in content, although there were also questions regarding soft skills. The second day of interviewing was scheduled with two senior staff. This interview was daunting. I was asked to solve puzzles and was given multiple technical 'quizzes'.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to deal directly with an angry customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There didn't seem to be room for negotiation. It was a very fair and generous offer, however.

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at VMware in September 2011.

Interview

Slow, long, more than 5 interviews. I was interviewed three times in a face to face meetings, and 3-4 times in short phone call meetings. I had the impression in some cases that i speak to myself :(

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VMware in June 2010.

Interview

Applied online for a couple of positions and recruiter called about a week after. The standard questions but got into details about coding methodologies and technology.

Usually Pgm Mgr aren't asked technical questions but more on skills related to handle estimation, forecasting, and progress tracking. Was surprised to hear about this. Spoke with hiring manager the following week and was invited on site. Again, asked the same question whether reading/editing code is required and the answer was no.

Last person to talk to was the hiring manager's boss, who actually makes the hiring decision (gasp). Was told a completely different story.

It was a spectacular waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Does this position require writing code?   1 Answer