Analog Design Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Analog Design Engineer Interview Questions

Analog design engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

How to make sure the 2-stage opamp is stable? How does the compensation work?

5 Answers

Use compensation capacitor. Look up pole splitting which uses Miller effect on the capacitor.

By constructing current mirror circuit using op-amp 741 through compensation resistor at the feedback side. Finally the input and output of the op-amp gets compensated.

Using Miller compensation. A compensation capacitor across the 2nd stage to create pole splitting. A series resistor to the cap might be needed to solve the rhp zero problem

Can you draw a circuit to bias the gate of a cascode device? (No mention of supply limitation, threshold voltages, care in tracking PVT variations, or anything else. Just, draw a circuit to bias the gate of a cascode device.)

1 Answer

We have lunch right now, you are welcome to join us

1 Answer

TI Fellow asked me this question: If you're hired, your job will be to design a power supply, that I haven't been able to figure out. How will you go about it?

Tell me about your project (from the resume) - Temperature Sensor IC Design

1 Answer

why is matching required?

1 Answer

Why do we need the "DOWN" pulse in Hogge detector? Can we get by not using it?

1 Answer

What do you think would be the hardest part of this job?

1 Answer

Mainly behavioural questions with two technical questions. The technical questions were basic like step input to rc filter, lc filter etc.

Digital: gate-level combinational logic to realize various functions, timing analysis for sequential logic, various fan-out loading questions (I don't remember too many details about this line of questioning, sorry) Analog: standard circuit design questions including: transistor equations, single transistor amplifiers, current mirrors, cascoding, diff-pairs, op-amps, analog layout pitfalls, and basic process-related concepts (parasitics, body effect, threshold voltage trick questions, etc).

110 of 61 Interview Questions