Intel Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4,071 Interview Reviews

1. Featured Interview

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in January 2020.

Interview

The position was for Synthesis Design Engineer. 1 phone interview for an hour followed by an onsite interview with 4 people lasting an hour each. All of them were courteous and they encouraged us during the interview. The manager was also understanding

Interview Questions

• Covers 4 areas: RTL, Logic Optimization, Circuit Design and Synthesis.
      Questions including given RTL find circuit, write RTL, verification and Timing Analysis, RC Circuits and Bubbble Pushing   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

I applied for the job online in the company website. I received an email within a week from the hiring manager. A 30 minute phone interview was scheduled after few days.

Interview Questions

• Questions were regarding resume and technical background.   Answer Question

Fab Automation Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

HeckerRank Test, Initial phone screens and onsite interview
    HeckerRank test was difficult as it covered entire CS syllabus. Code challenges were medium difficulty. I had one phone screen with team lead. Questions related to case studies, past experience, C++ and Java.
    After that, one more phone interview with team member and discussed project requirements and what they are looking for. It was like a comprehensive explanation of job description. After that, I believe my application is rejected as I am from different background. It was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Past work experience in programming and control systems as I was from different background.   Answer Question

Interview

Asked about my experience, previous projects, concepts in data science and computer architecture. Described the project I would be working on and asked for thoughts on it. Focused on linux and data science knowledge. Had three interviews - two with potential team members and one with the hiring manager.

TME Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in July 2020.

Interview

Setup through KellyOCG recruiting company. In-person at Intel in a small conference room with masks and 6-feet apart. Showed up to Intel, front desk gave me a guest badge, and I waited in the lobby until the interview was ready to start. The interview started with a description of what a TME does followed by questions.

Interview Questions

• Displayed a list of server hardware as if each piece was being ordered separately and asked me what each item was along with what the numbers represent.   Answer Question
    • If 1 of 64 RAM sticks in a server failed, how would you find out which one failed quickly?   Answer Question
    • Asked what experience I had with imaging.   Answer Question

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward. It was a thirty minute interview with three people. They spent the first 15 minutes asking about my resume and the last asking me technical questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you parse a string for chars in python?   2 Answers

Interview

The interview was pretty straight forward. There were three interviewers for a thirty minute interview. The first fifteen minutes were spent talking about my resume and skills. The last fifteen minutes were simple coding questions with pencil and paper, then a couple hardware questions. At the end, there was a Q and A where I could ask questions to them.

Interview Questions

• How do you define a function in python?   1 Answer

Interview

1 behavioural phone interview with manager. 2 technical phone interviews with engineers. Each phone call was 60-90 minutes. Study up on data structures, dynamic programming, and basics of operating systems. My interviewers were pretty understanding, and I was given an offer around 2 weeks after my last interview.

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2020.

Interview

I applied pretty late in the process, had one phone screening with the project lead. Mostly just asked about past projects that I worked on. I was expecting some behavioral, but he just described what an intern would do in the position and asked questions about projects I had worked in.

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Received a phone call from hiring manager and was asked to come in for an interview the following Friday evening. Interviewed with the hiring manager, another manager on the same shift, and an engineer. About 2 weeks later, received an offer in excess of my salary expectations.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time where you made a mistake at work, and explain the resolution to said mistake. Be specific, the more detail the better!   Answer Question
    • Have you ever worked in a manufacturing environment, or with heavy equipment?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time where you were forced to make a judgement call without input from a manager or supervisor. Explain the process behind making the decision you made.   Answer Question

Module Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Went for an on-site one day long interview. The entire day was packed with meeting employers at different level within the department. Gave an hour long presentation. There was ample time given for lunch. All the employers were really supportive of the the breaks, if needed.