Intel Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 20, 2017
2,635 Interview Reviews

Process TD Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR).

Interview

Phone screen -- 15 mins
    On site: interview: 1 hour presentation to a panel. later hour long 1:1 behavioral interview with 5 different people.
    Takes about a month to get an offer

Interview Questions

• One lighter rubber ball amongst the population of 8 balls. Given Roberval balance find the light weight ball in least possible attempts.   1 Answer

Pre-si Validation Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Got a phone call to do an hour phone interview. Aced the interview and received a statement of intent. It takes a while for them to process an offer. The recruiting was handled sort of poorly, but if you can speak with the hiring manager things are better.

Interview Questions

• Basic computer organization and digital logic questions   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

As a engineer I was given variety of job roles in engineering field related to analysis of data, some experimental work and also some man management jobs. Also I used to write report and daily review on the work done.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR).

Interview

The whole interview took 1-2 month before they finally reach me at phone call screen. After this, it was a 1 day long onsite interview with group of scientists and engineers for discussion.

Interview Questions

• How are you gonna contribute to Intel/our group?   1 Answer

Graphics Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

I got an email first asking about my availability for the interview. I got a phone call as per the schedule. It lasted for 45 minutes. This interview was for Graphics Validation Team in Folsom. I was expecting resume related questions as it was the first round but i was wrong.I sent an email to the interviewer few days after the interview. He replied saying i wasn't selected.

Interview Questions

• The questions are as follows :
      Difference between validation and verification ?
      What is Race condition?
      Difference between Latch and flipflop?
      How to design ROM?
      What is a State machine?
      Cycle driven and event driven simulation differences and which one is better
      Functional and code coverage differences
      Blocking and non-blocking assignments in Verilog
      How to define variables in Verilog?
      $display and $monitor differences
      Setup and hold time
      Hold time violation
      Mesi protocol
      Page table
      DRAM and SRAM differences and how to design them
      Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Chandler, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

After you submit your application, you will receive a phone call. The purpose of the phone call is to gauge your background and ask your light technical questions regarding your background and interests. If you pass your phone screening you be invited on-site. I was being interviewed for two positions so I had a total of 11 interviewers.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why does the window fog up in the bathroom when I take a hot shower and what can i apply to the mirror to prevent it from happening?
      2. How do I prevent the substrate from bowing because it is causing misaligned issues with another process?
      3. How do I measure the melting of solder between two copper plates if I can not see it? Design an experiment and draw a graph of the behavior you should see.
      Answer Question

I decided to accept another offer instead, it was a better "fit" for me.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in February 2017.

Interview

Two round interview with different members of the team. Both focused on technical questions, with first round being computer science specific knowledge and the second being focused more on problem solving and brain teasers. The first was a phone screening and the second was a live interview. The second was a lot of fun :)

Waiting for an offer

Process Eng Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

After attending an information session at my graduate school, I received a phone call that could have been considered a "phone interview" consisting of me explaining my graduate work, offering some time for me to ask questions, and ending with an invite to the Intel campus for an onsite interview. The call lasted 20-30 minutes.

The onsite interview started with a 1 h presentation of my graduate work followed by three 45 min interviews (2 technical, 1 behavioral) and lunch with an engineer. The technical interviews started with my elevator pitch of my graduate work followed by follow up questions from the interviewer with time for me to ask questions of my own. The behavioral questions were akin to those that can be found via an internet search, e.g. "How have you handled a conflict with a supervisor in the past?" All in all, the interviews were informal and conversational.

Interview Questions

• Why Intel?   Answer Question
    • When did you have a conflict with a supervisor and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Have you been in charge of a machine / instrument in your career and had to fix it, etc?   Answer Question

Soc Design Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Met rep at career fair, who had a colleague that worked in SoC department. Got a post interview, did not know whether or not the interview would be technical, but it was. He asked several digital logic/microprocessor questions.

Interview Questions

• Draw an XOR out of NAND gates, logic minimalization, draw FSM for given signals and how many flip flops are needed to implement the design?   Answer Question

Validation Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Short discussion about the department, few questions about the resumse and about myself and we moved to the technical questions. about 2-3 questions. Not too difficult if you are ready for it. The interviewers were very nice.

Interview Questions

• technical software and bits questions   2 Answers