Intel Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2017
2,921 Interview Reviews

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

First phone screening and then got called onsite. After about a week or so got called onsite. There were 5 rounds (with lunch interview). Mostly logic and 1 architecture. They flew me to folsom for an onsite and after about 3 weeks made me an offer.

Interview Questions

• 1. pattern recognition (fsm -> logic -> code)
      2. basic architecture
      3. sorting algorithm (how to find a missing number in an array of numbers
      4. other simple logic questiosn   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

One phone interview and one in person interview. Test during interview with take home assignment. Reference check and then a scheduled call with HR rep before receiving official offer. Took 24 hours to negotiate salary.

Interview Questions

• Who was the best boss you ever had and why?   1 Answer

3D Xpoint Product Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process was pretty simple. I have applied online and I received mail for phone screen availability from hiring manager. I have provided my timings. The response was very quick as they want someone who can join immediately.

Interview Questions

• He starts from very basic question
      1) what is Semiconductor?
      2) what is the difference between metal, semiconductor and insulator?
      3)Intrinsic Extrinsic Semiconductor - Dopant - why we add impurities- what it will change?
      4) Inverter region of working
      many other question depends upon what is your answer - above is the sample start   1 Answer

Interview

This is an internship in big data team. Only a phone Interview, including Java and Linux. Basic questions about data structure and operating system. Also ask questions about your own professional experiences and education ranking of GPA.

Firmware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

There was an initial phone screen and an on-site interview. There were 6 interviews during the day and, were split between discussing my projects, algorithms and coding for 2hrs each.

Analog/Mixed Signal Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

A recruiter called me randomly without any prior notice and asked for a phone interview schedule. We fixed one and I asked for an email regarding the interview schedule(so that I can add to my calendar) since I was outside in between of other work and it would be better if I have an email regarding the position details and the schedule(since we apply for 4-5 relevant positions of Intel and we do have other works too) and other big/medium companies usually email first regarding schedule instead of randomly calling at whatever time they feel.

Before this, previously I had one more interview where the recruiter had emailed schedule regarding a position I had applied but didn't mention ANYTHING about the position(not even the position name), I emailed him twice asking regarding the details(As we apply for 4-5 profile relevant but different position roles) and confirmed him the schedule but no response. Later on, he called me on the scheduled day and started asking me question and about the position(without proper response regarding the position details, how can you expect us to answer), even this recruiter was very rude, I understand I didn't answer the questions properly and it made them behave rudely but on first place, I didn't get any response regarding the details in order to prepare.

I feel like, I shouldn't apply for Intel anymore after facing 2 interviews in which both were rude and didn't respond properly to the first place. I have attained various other interviews and talking to numerous recruiters but never faced such a bad behavior from recruiters apart from those I mentioned above(both from Intel)

Interview Questions

• Very basic questions(which were easy if we come out of college or recent grad but very unexpected for an experienced candidate, since we don't need to do all that at hand calculation level everytime), Although figured out most of them but couldn't give satisfactory answers as I was rusty in few topics(my mistake too, could review those concepts because of poor time management)

The recruiter was pretty rude too, which again was kind of demotivating, especially when we try to figure out things on which we turned rusty.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Phone screening was followed by two levels of on site interviews. First round involved talks with hiring manager regarding my interests and details of the job I was being interviewed for. Second round was divided into 3 separate technical interviews with people I would be working with.

Interview Questions

• Questions were mostly regarding the projects that i had done in during my course work that were listed in my resume.   Answer Question

Wastewater Management Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

It was a long phone interview regarding mass transfer processes and unit operations. It was a lot of resume based but also some course related questions relevant to the job.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about pumps?   1 Answer

Technical Marketing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR).

Interview

I was referred to the hiring manager by somebody I had previously worked with. I had one phone interview for this position and was offered the job over the phone.

Interview Questions

• How do you think sales and engineering can work together?   Answer Question

Analog/Mixed Signal Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

It was a Phone interview from the Mixed signal design team. They test your basic knowledge about transistors and their operation. Also, description of some short channel effects and MOS devices

Interview Questions

• Mostly very basic Device Physics questions. Not very complicated and some of the questions were:
      1. Describe the operation of NMOS and PMOS,
      2. What is body effect? How does it affect the gate voltage.
      3. Describe the operating regions of NMOS transistor
      4. If gate voltage is 2V and drain voltage is is 2V what is the source voltage?
      5. What factors affect threshold voltage? Explain them