Intel Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 18, 2018
3,395 Interview Reviews

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview process was easy and friendly because I have highly specialized skill sets that perfectly matched with the position. I had also been referred by two people internally, both of whom were much higher up on the org chart that the person who interviewed me.

What I want to point out is that after the first interview (in which the interviewer said she wanted me to talk to the her boss the next day) the interviewer emailed me to say that I couldn't even be considered for the contract position specifically BECAUSE I had been referred by other Intel employees. She said she found out there was a rule against hiring contractors who were referred internally.

I was quite shocked because I'd worked as a contractor for Intel in the past and that was a referral. I explained this to her in an email but she never responded. I asked the people who had referred me what they knew about this. Obviously, they wouldn't have referred me if they thought that would negate my chances. They said they'd never heard of this new rule either.

I still don't know if there actually is a new rule at Intel that prohibits internal contractor referrals or if the person who interviewed me was confused, or if she just made that up because she changed her mind. I'd like to know for the future.

Interview Questions

• She didn't ask any hard questions. She just talked about the position.   2 Answers

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR).

Interview

Discussion of prior experience and plans around what I'd do in this job. Easy and fun conversation with a group; felt casual and comfortable.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Construction Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Chandler, AZ) in June 2011.

Interview

I initially applied online and I made sure my resume was personalized for the opening to increase my chances. The next day I received an email to complete additional employment application forms for the background check. Four hours after completing the online form, I received an email from the hiring manager assistant to schedule for an interview. Interview was scheduled on the following third week. The interview structure email was sent to me after two weeks with interviewers names and times. I also researched the interviewers on LinkedIn.com to find out about their professional background.
    I took time to research the company/department, what current projects they were working on currently and what they had accomplished in the past. I also prepared a list of questions I had for them. The day of the interview I arrived at their large and nice campus and someone escorted me to the interview offices.
    Interviews went very smooth, all asked behavioral questions to see if you are a good fit in their team. I prepared myself for such behavioral question using past experiences from school projects/internships. I also showed them that I researched the company and I knew alot about what they do. They were impressed how much i knew about the company and I also asked them about what is a typical day like (very important). After 4 interviews, I was exhausted, they took me out to a nice restaurant for lunch (that says alot about a company). The hiring manager said they were still interviewing and I would hear back from them in two weeks. Overall interview was smooth if you are prepared and ask the right question. I was very impressed about Intel and how well they treat their employees, its definitely a GPTW.
    Two weeks as promised the hiring manager called and said they thought I did well and wanted to bring me on board and that I would be hearing from the recruiter about salary and start date. I got a call the next day from recruiter, to discuss offer and start date. After I accepted the offer, the BI was initiated. Overall great experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you go about handling ambiguities on a projects?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered me alot more that I expected but I still negotiated for more base salary + signing bonus. The recruiter forwarded the request to hiring manager who politely explained that offered salary was at the high end of the payscale for an RCG (grade 3). I ended up accepting the generous salary I initially received. Advise to everyone, your hiring manager sets your offer package not the recruiter.

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Chandler, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview took a few days. Sent Resume for finding a suitable match. The resume was screened and got an e-mail back. I went ahead and signed some papers. The papers were sent to the Chandler office.

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2012.

Interview

You will meet various members of the team. Mostly a discussion about roles, responsibilities and expectations. There was nothing too serious, or prep needed. It was easiest interview i ever had.

Interview Questions

• like i mentioned before, nothing too difficult. It was a very casual type conversation   1 Answer

Performance Architect Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

I would never interview or even collaborate with the people in this team or recommend working with the people in this group. Manager was completely unprofessional and harpy. I was interviewed by people who were not even involved with the team and were unaware of why they were asked to interview me. I was interviewed by 5 people for 5 hours in succession. The manager and principal engineer who were initially forcing me to interview did not even have the courtesy to get back. I have a feeling their so called new project did not get funded.

Interview Questions

• Being asked to design a shared cache using hardware components????   Answer Question

Performance Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Austin, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

They go over your resume first. If they like you, they want you apply online if you have not done that then they call you for a phone screening. After phone screening, if you pass, they invite you for a f2f interview. You need to prepare for that and make yourself available for an entire day. If everything works well, they may interview you more or submit an offer.

Interview Questions

• What have I done in the area of CPU performance modeling   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in April 2011.

Interview

Received an email from the Physical Design team of Intel Corporation few days back. Included details of what to be expected and what they will offer. More of layout and design on Analog/Digital/RF/IO circuits , academic background they were looking for. Didn't tell me of the duration of interview and started with HR questions followed by technical questions mostly on CMOS Digital circuits.

Interview Questions

• CMOS Inverter , how to reduce the drive strength of Minimum size inverter   6 Answers
    • Difference Between SRAM and DRAM   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in March 2010.

Interview

I got phone call from senior engineer to schedule the telephonic interview on next day. Instead of question and answer type interview, it was discussion on what I knows and on my thesis topic. After 3-4 days they said I am selected for on-site interview. There were 6 1:1 rounds, all were technical. All interviewers were good and understanding. Hiring manager seemed bit busy. They covered all the courses and fundamental questions on them. They covered most of the scripting and other skills that is required for this position. On average it was straight forward interview and was not too tough. Questions included VLSI, ASIC, DSP, Microarchitecture and some algorithmic questions.

Interview Questions

• How can you detect the loop in single way linked list, using just one extra pointer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I will say my offer is like average. Initially I was not satisfied, but peers said they have specific scale to decide your salary. As I am masters student with no work experience, I am in "grade 6", So I decided not to negotiate the offer. Intel don't negotiate for recent graduates.

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Interview

1 Phone Interview. Basic digital logic questions and probability questions and general questions about resume. How do you fix setup, hold, verilog latch questions. write case statement for mux. sram memory working basics