Intel Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Apr 23, 2017
2,721 Interview Reviews

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

We had an R&D lead from the Dry Etch team in Hillsboro, OR visit our campus and take walk-in interviews after his presentation. That went well, and I was called for an on-site interview when I followed up with them 3-4 weeks later (They had asked me to follow up with them if I didn't hear back in that much time).

I was given a detailed description of what to expect for the interview process. I was to give a 45-minute presentation of my Master's thesis work to a group of employees there. That would be followed by 4 rounds of interview - one technical, one HR, one lunch and one engineering manager.

The day started off poorly, the employee who was to pick me up to take me to the presentation room was some 20 minutes late, and for some reason my laptop wouldn't connect to their projector, delaying my start even further. I'd lost track of time by then and wasn't told how long I should finally present for. I was apparently going a bit slowly since one of the people in the audience asked me to speed up, at one point. One of them also slept for quite a good portion of the presentation, which was very distracting but I tried to go on, ignoring him. But for the time issue, I was able to present my work reasonably well and answer their questions as well. Thought it could've been better overall, but I felt I did a decent job given the unplanned time limitation.

After that, I had the two main rounds of interview. Each of them asked me both technical and behavioral questions, but each focusing on one kind mainly. All questions in these two rounds were directly from my resume, technical questions from specific research projects, and behavioral questions giving general situations I would've faced in these and how I would've responded, etc.

The lunch was more of a casual discussion than an interview, it lasted for quite a while and went on very well. The final round was much shorter than the other two, and was also less of an interview than it was an exchange of organizational expectations and the candidate's goals, covering whatever all the previous people had missed out on.

All of these interview rounds went pretty well for me, I couldn't possibly have done any better, and I felt I must've come off as pretty impressive. I was rejected after 5 days, and unfortunately, they don't provide any interview feedback. I am guessing probably the presentation wasn't good enough, as I can't think of any other place where I was lacking.

Interview Questions

• All technical questions were from my previous experiences - they would have my resume in their hand while talking. Behavioral questions were mostly standard, nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

I got onsite interview 3 weeks later after phone interview.
    The onsite interview took a whole day from 8:15~6:00, including an hour thesis presentation.
    I met 10 individual person, 30~45 minute each. We took ~1.5 hour for the lunch, and the interview marathon continued.
    All interviewer asked me to explain my research during PhD, and then from there, some people ask me technical questions and some people ask me behavior questions.

Design and Validation Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

The hiring manager contacted me through email initially and set up an interview. The interview took about 40 minutes. The first round was a phone interview. Questions were mostly about academic projects.

ALP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Pretty straight forward behavioral questions and one or two case questions. Know Intel well and the businesses the company is focused on. The case questions are usually about Intel. It starts with interviews on campus, then a panel phone interview, and final 4 interviews in the final round.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

A hiring event was organised on site college graduates were invited to the same from all over the country.
    The event included 4 rounds of interviews with different teams looking for fresh talent.
    The event was planned well and applicants were made to feel at ease.

Interview Questions

• 1. Basics of C such as pointer based questions, difference between int *p and char *p   Answer Question
    • 2. Basics of Verilog / System Verilog. Eg: code for FIFO   Answer Question
    • 3. Analytical question. Given 2 containers of 4 and 9 gallons each, obtain water of exactly 6 gallons from an infinite source of water.   Answer Question

Product Development Engineer Interview

Interview

Two phone screen rounds
    One HR round- Why Intel? Why this role? and one Technical round- each 45 mins.
    On-site five rounds- Morning 9 to evening 4.30 - each 45 mins

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Long interview of 8 rounds. Rounds were on rtl design, processor architecture, validation skills, layout design skills, software skills, and also scripting skills. Moderate difficulty. Most of the interviewers were friendly.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

submitted my resume to the campus recruiter. Had an on campus interview the next day. We discussed my work, my problem solving skills and research highlights according to my resume. Received a phone interview about 2-3 weeks later. Phone interview was very short and relatively easy. talked about my problem solving skills

Interview Questions

• name a time in your research when you had a problem and how did you figure it out.   Answer Question

Senior College Anticipatory Computing Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR).

Interview

I applied for an internship at Intel via a non-profit which helps students find internships. I was interviewed over the phone. The interview lasted 30 mins. I got a call back after 1 month and was interviewed again over the phone. The interview went very well but I never heard back from them. In fact, no one who applied for the internship via the non-profit got an offer and employees at Intel stopped responding to the non-profit.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about the projects that I worked on and the courses that I took at college.   Answer Question

Analog Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

It was a phone interview that would test how my qualifications would best fit the position. The interview lasted for 20 mins which was scheduled for 30 minutes. I was told that I would be given the result of the interview in 7 days. I have answered almost all the questions during the phone interview. Having not heard even after 10 days I have contacted the person who interviewed me. I was told that they are interviewing few more candidates and would get back to me once they decide a decision and path forward. It has been a month and a half from the date of the phone interview and I have not heard anything back from the person.

Interview Questions

• Given two plates of a capacitor connected to a voltage source which side of each plate would be charged and what would be the polarity?   Answer Question
    • How would you represent practical capacitor using RLC elements?   Answer Question
    • A question upon my project went into the details of what kind of op-amp being used in the amplifier and how the performance is achieved   Answer Question
    • What is DIBL?   Answer Question
    • Few questions on the MOSFET operation including the DIBL effect, and how vt of a MOSFET is improved when technology is being scaled down. How would one increase the gate capacitance   Answer Question