Application Development Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Application Development Manager Interview Questions

Application development manager interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How would you bypass change management processes to dynamically change OS JCL streams?

2 Answers

You would need to establish a baseline set of JCL procedures and identify the parameters which could change depending on the run time requirements. The domain values for all variables would need to be stored in DB2 table or a VSAM indexed file and a Stored Procedure or REXX script would need to determine what variables were required for a particular run and obtain them from the VSAM or DB2 datastore. These parameters would need to overlaid onto the templatge JCL and the resulting JCL stream would need to be submitted via the internal reader. The feasibility of this would depend on the scheduling software in use on the mainframe LPAR.

This may be too simple of an answer, but I would have answered the question by saying I would do this as a global change.

No difficult questions, just canned / situational questions w/ Hiring Mgr and (2) Directors of low caliber, expertise and no vision.

1 Answer

I was asked to give some detail about various IT projects I have managed or worked on, and if I had problems, how did I handle them.

1 Answer

Did you ever have to place an employee on a performance improvement process and how did it go?

1 Answer

What do you think will make you stand out from the rest of your team as a true leader.

1 Answer

Why did you come to the US?

1 Answer

Create a Pivot table and graph in Excel. Most unexpected. Never had to sit down at a laptop for an interview and perform such a mundane task. No questions about Project Management.

110 of 23 Interview Questions