Software Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Software Manager Interview Questions

Software manager interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What would you do if senior management demanded delivery of software in an impossible deadline?

2 Answers

Give them the choice of reduced scope, more resources, or changed dates. They can only pick 2.

It is possible to keep scope, resources & timeline (dates) unchanged, but compromise on quality. This will impact team retention, especially the stronger engineers on the team, over the longer run. The leadership team must understand the consequences.

What would I do to improve and ensure product quality if given the job?

2 Answers

What are some of the things you might consider when designing a database?

2 Answers

What would you say are the minimal requirements needed to successfully manage a software development project?

3 Answers

A IQ question: I have 9 coins and 8 have the same weight and the last one is heavier. I also have a balance beam to weigh the coins with. I can only use the balance beam 2 times to find the heavier coin. How do you find the heavier coin?

4 Answers

Practical application and real world scenarios. You need to be prepared for what you are going to bring to this firm as they are not looking for people to be pigeonholed in the same roles for the duration of their careers.

2 Answers

Given a large unsorted text file containing thousands of words count the number of times each word appears.

2 Answers

Do you have direct reports? This is an engineering manager position.

1 Answer

What are the challenges in designing an application

1 Answer

Why do you want to work at HCL ?

110 of 437 Interview Questions