Microsoft Interview Questions | Glassdoor

7,557 Interview Reviews

3.2

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA).

Interview

5 to 6 interviews single day 1 hour each. Coding-based. You have to code on the whiteboard. Prepare data structures, algorithms, writing code. The first 3-4 decide if the hiring manager is going to interview you. Out of the first 3-4, you need to try to nail them all.

Sales Account Manager Interview

Interview

The process was fair and transparent. The interviewer was friendly and encouraged me to speak about myself as well as my opinion about Microsoft. I did very bad I think

Interview Questions

• Tell us how you closed out a sale?   1 Answer

AI Resident Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA).

Interview

1 phone screen, followed by 4 onsite interviews. Although the interview process was well managed, almost 3 months later, they are yet to get back to half of the residents, which I assume means reject. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview: Coding questions and research discussion
      Onsite: Mainly focussed on how machine learning can be used to solve real world problems (program synthesis, Twitter bots etc.). There were also 1-2 coding questions.   Answer Question

PM Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

There was a two step interview process; One in-person on campus interview, One interview at their headquarters. The interviews at the headquarters were done by several people. All together took about 4 hours to complete.

Interview Questions

• Describe the room we're in to someone who has never been in it?   Answer Question

Intern Marketing Interview

Interview

Had a brief phone interview where I went over my resume and explained what type of role I was looking for. The ‘Superday’ round consisted of 4 different interviews with various marketing team members.

Interview Questions

• What product would you eliminate from Microsoft’s offering and why.   Answer Question

Product Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Honolulu, HI) in June 2018.

Interview

Entire application and interview process took a week. Reached out to me within a day after submitting application. Scheduled an interview in-person 2 days after reaching out to me. Everyone was friendly and inviting. Definitely no tension between me and the two store managers who interviewed me.

Account Technology Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Denver, CO) in June 2018.

Interview

I was referred to the ATS role by a current MS employee and posted for it. I had initial phone screen with the hiring manager who asked typical questions to understand my technical and sales related background. After that call about 4 days later I got call from Recruiting to schedule what they call “finals day” where you interview with a set of people involved in the role. I had 4 interviews on that day, 3 in the morning and 1 after lunch with hiring manager. There were no out of the ordinary questions just wanting background how I would approach role and why I would be a strong fit in the Microsoft Education org (this was ATS in education space). I did not get the role but the experience was great and the people were very passionate which felt good.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit for this role?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The last round of interviews consisted of four interviews, each one of them was trying to analyse a different topic as: data structures knowledge, problem solving, past experience and learnability.

Interview Questions

• Solve a problem using a language you have never used before or was not confortable with (C# in my case).   Answer Question
    • Set the next node of a Binary Tree, being the node to its left on the same height.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Applied for multiple positions and received an email to complete my application 3 weeks later. After I completed the application, a recruiter emailed me a few questions a few days later asking me questions like salary, relocation, why Microsoft etc.. A week later a scheduler emailed regarding times for a technical interview with 2 engineers. The tech screen for Microsoft is very difficult so its best to give yourself a few days. I made it past the tech screen and had a soft-skills interview with a manager panel. After a week, I received an offer.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

5 rounds and last was "as-app" (as appropriate)
    Good, friendly people
    questions revolved around how would you handle a difficult customer
    1 informational interview
    applied through a friend

Asked about how would I sell showers for kids- what things to keep in mind