Microsoft Interview Questions | Glassdoor

6,615 Interview Reviews

3.2

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA).

Interview

5 to 6 interviews single day 1 hour each. Coding-based. You have to code on the whiteboard. Prepare data structures, algorithms, writing code. The first 3-4 decide if the hiring manager is going to interview you. Out of the first 3-4, you need to try to nail them all.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Long, difficult, but well thought out. They did a great job of digging down into the actual details of my background and experience. I didn't get an offer, but it was a good process.

Solutions Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I applied through a small consulting firm. I interviewed with the President of the company over the phone, then came in for an in person interview a few days later. I was introduced to the team and within a week, I was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in Project Management and Business Analyst? Why do you think you'd be a good candidate?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

The whole process was good. Standard Tech screening first then a technical panel interview with 4 engineers - VERY TOUGH, they grilled me!!! After the panel interview i had a face-to-face with hiring manager and another Field Engineer manager on the phone, that went well and i was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• I interviewed for a technical position so all questions were technical in regards to the technology i was going to support.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Interview

Flew out to Seattle, stayed at a nice hotel, was picked up and taken to MSFT HQ. Fed a tasty breakfast with hot coffee. Went through 4 back to back interviews:
    * coding problem -- outline a function for testing whether a string is a palindrome
    * behavioral interview
    * design a competitor to Google Nest
    * estimate how many tennis balls would fit in a submarine

All the interviewers were exceptionally friendly, the end-to-end process was smooth and simple, and they expedited results the next day!

Interview Questions

• Estimate how many tennis balls would fit in a submarine   Answer Question

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied for the Sr. Software Engineer position in azure group and got a call within a month. The recruiter arranged for a phone interview which consisted of couple of technical questions which I answered perfectly within an hour. Everything went well from my end but to my disappointment I did not hear back neither from the recruiter nor the interviewer. I have interviewed for more than 5 times and did really good in almost all of them but no response whatsoever. I just don't get how things roll in this company! No communication or feedback, an absolute disrespect for candidates time. What kind of insecure people are interviewing candidates here? I hope the manager or a shadow person was present with the interview so as to minimize such bias. I hope this actually is taken up by the HR and good talent is not lost due to some insecure people at the company.

Applied Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft in July 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview. Was interviewed by head of Xbox Products Data Science and another Senior data scientist. Very quick phone screening. Asked about my experience with data analytics and briefly discussed one of my projects. Asked me to explain a statistical concept in simple terms to determine if I had the ability to simply express difficult concepts.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

First recruiter contacted me and asked me for availability to talk for 30 min. After that schedule d technical skype chat with senior software engineer.Started interview explaining about the team and the projects they have.Asked me to talk about what I am doing in my current company.After that started two coding question.Solved the problems but unfortunately I think they thought I have less experience.Recruiter said will be in touch with you with some other opportunities.

Interview Questions

• write a method to return the duplicate in a integer array   1 Answer
    • write a method to return six strong frequencies among group of radio stations(group is something like there is no end for that)   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

I got an interview opportunity at their campus recruiting event. The interviewer seems a little unprepared, and the conversation was a little awkward because I felt like the interviewer don't care at all and he was just doing this job so that he could get home early.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between a thread and a process?   1 Answer

LEAP Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

- Submitted written responses, then received an email to schedule interview.
    - Interview was OK.
    - Both coding challenge questions were about string manipulation.
     - The first coding challenge question was either a trick question or the interviewer wasn't knowledgeable about JavaScript.
    - Asked a few questions about past projects and what's on my resume. No behavioral questions. Nothing referenced from short answer questions.
    - External company used for scheduling the interviews were very responsive but also seemed to be under severe time constraints. (They mistakenly gave everyone the same interview link). - Received a lot of information and 2-3 scheduling forms to fill out. Forms exposed all remote applicants' names.
    - Make sure you download anything needed (Skype, BusinessConnect) before interview.
    - No feedback given to interviewees or solicitation of feedback for the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Reverse the words in a string in-place (Javascript) "hello harry" -> "olleh yrrah"   1 Answer
    • Find the most common character in a word.   1 Answer