Microsoft Interview Questions | Glassdoor

7,519 Interview Reviews

3.2

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA).

Interview

5 to 6 interviews single day 1 hour each. Coding-based. You have to code on the whiteboard. Prepare data structures, algorithms, writing code. The first 3-4 decide if the hiring manager is going to interview you. Out of the first 3-4, you need to try to nail them all.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

5 rounds and last was "as-app" (as appropriate)
    Good, friendly people
    questions revolved around how would you handle a difficult customer
    1 informational interview
    applied through a friend

Asked about how would I sell showers for kids- what things to keep in mind

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Applied for multiple positions and received an email to complete my application 3 weeks later. After I completed the application, a recruiter emailed me a few questions a few days later asking me questions like salary, relocation, why Microsoft etc.. A week later a scheduler emailed regarding times for a technical interview with 2 engineers. The tech screen for Microsoft is very difficult so its best to give yourself a few days. I made it past the tech screen and had a soft-skills interview with a manager panel. After a week, I received an offer.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Super short and bad. I did not get an overview of the role and it seems rushed and transactional and not centered on candidate experience. Not great at all.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Applied through career center and got a response within a week. Phone interview happened the following week. Interviewer appeared to be tired and a bit disinterested (But it may be my perception )

Interview Questions

• Of all the questions he could ask, he picked the following ones (although to be fair to the interviewer, he can ask any thing he wants since it is an interview)

I) Generate a fair coin from a biased one. II) Generate 7 integers with equal probability from a function which returns 1/0 with probability p and (1-p). These were not worded this way, but essentially this was question.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your most recent project. When I proceeded to describe it, he asked me several questions, including how you think you will improve your model given that you have 6 more months etc.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

college hire through general recruiting process so process went pretty smooth. after phone interview, flew to Seattle for in-person then got called to share offer news. all took 3 weeks

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY).

Interview

1 phone screen
    5 interviews onsite

Went through employee referral and whole process completed in 3 weeks with decision .
    The interviewera were helpful and proactive in helping you understand the problem.

Raw Materials Planner Interview

Interview

The interview was conducted by telephone from the hiring recruit. This was a screening call to validate and see if qualified to move forward to a real interview conducted at the campus.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Online Techincal Screen & then 4 rounds of Onsite Interview..
    Had 3 programs online.. Once that is cleared, they invited for onsite.. 4 rounds of 45 min each with 15 min break

Software Developer Interview

Interview

A 2-hour technical interview with our senior developer. You will be given a technical problem and the chance to ask the interviewers as many questions as you can to fully understand the question. Then you will have some time to come up with a solution and present it. Further discussion will be conducted based on your solution to better assess your thought-process and problem solving ability.