Microsoft Interview Questions | Glassdoor

7,204 Interview Reviews

3.2

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA).

Interview

5 to 6 interviews single day 1 hour each. Coding-based. You have to code on the whiteboard. Prepare data structures, algorithms, writing code. The first 3-4 decide if the hiring manager is going to interview you. Out of the first 3-4, you need to try to nail them all.

MIcrosoft Explorer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA).

Interview

Applied through campus recruiter, was contacted September for phone screening, got final rounds notice around October. Onsite was scheduled for January where there were three 45 min interviews. Usually they’re mixed between PM and tech questions but mine were all technical.

Usability Engineer Interview

Interview

A day-long interview with multiple people including the hiring manager, the recruiter, a product manager, and a couple senior usability people. It was well-organized, with a shuttle just for job candidates to take you between campuses.

Interview Questions

• How would you run a study to test the learnability of a software program?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Applied online and got technical phone screen with coding test. It was not long less than 1 hour. They asked about what you have did. and then asked you to code.

Sales Professional Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Corporate recruiter contacted me to schedule a technical screening. After the screening went well, the recruiter contacted me again to schedule a panel of interviewers. Both were over Skype (video). While I think I did well, I never heard back.

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Went to a career fair at my university. Was contacted in q couple of weeks for an on-campus interview. The interview was pretty straightforward and easy. Was asked to design a system to shorten URL's. Two weeks later was told that I passed the interview and was invited for an interview in Redmond. Microsoft paid for all expenses and the I had 5 interviews back to back with very nice people. Overall, very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you motivate users to use your app every single day for a month?   Answer Question
    • Design the most engaging user interface for a music app that you can think of.   Answer Question
    • How would you track user engagement in an app and what business metrics would you use to improve it?   Answer Question
    • How much money do Americans spend on cat food every year?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I receive interview on campus, and 4 rounds with each round 1 hour. Four different people in turn ask your background, your projects, algorithm and models. They are very nice.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Recruited as part of a on-site hiring event. Was told that the interviews went went; would be moving forward with an offer, and a call was to be set up for salary discussion. Completed ignored for weeks and the call never came. When I finally got a reply it was some vague response about issues happening internally that made them not able to proceed with the offer. Did not expect this from a big company like Microsoft, and was surprised they weren't able to put me on another position since it was a hiring event with multiple teams. Was a waste of time, considering they reached out for the event and I took time off from work to interview. Poor follow-up and recruiters have a lack of cohesiveness; other recruiters won't care about your situation if they're not working with you directly. SOL if your current recruiter is doing a poor job.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

On-campus screening interview. Was fairly casual, but also rushed since we only had a half hour or so. He talked to me about my resume and had me describe one of the projects I had listed.

Interview Questions

• Write a function that returns the nth prime number. For example, nthPrime(1) should return 2 since 2 is the first prime number, nthPrime(2) should return 3, and so on.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Interviewed with 4 different Leaders on different aspects - P&L knowledge / Team player / Managing Expenses. The questions were general but its good to be well prepared. Its important to have a long term plan on where you want to take your career.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to the P&L / Team player/ Process on how to handle expenses and Purchase Orders   Answer Question