Microsoft Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Microsoft

9,898 Interview Reviews

3.1

Explore Program Interview

Interview

The interviewer was not very approachable, friendly, and didn't respond to my answers so it was difficult to tell if I was going on the right path. When I asked clarifying questions, he would just repeat the same question again. The questions were very broad. I left the interview feeling terrible and severely disappointed in myself.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite piece of technology?   1 Answer

Firmware Engineer Interview

Interview

It was a video interview. The interviewer did not turn on his camera but asked me to open mine.

The worst part was that the interviewer did not even have a copy of my resume even though I have attached it in my application.

Interview Questions

• A time project that I worked on and a technical question about data structure.   Answer Question

User Experience Design Interview

Interview

First Round Interview,
    And then Final Round - 5 interviews: 1 portfolio presentation and 4 1:1s
    Overall, I had a great experience interviewing! The employees all seemed very excited to learn about the candidate

Interview Questions

Interview

The interview process consisted of 1 phone interview which followed, several week later with 3 in person interviews, however these were conducted view Microsoft teams video chat due to the current pandemic

Interview Questions

• Explain recursion to a 3 year old   1 Answer

Explorer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Interview

It was great. I had 2 in-person interviews, both had whiteboarding (writing code) but one of them was less technical than the other. I highly suggest using leetcode as practice. I practiced easy and medium questions.

Interview Questions

• combine two linked lists together using something called a "zipper"   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Interview

I was contacted about setting up an interview. Was asked questions ranging from experience to behaviors in certain situations. The interview lasted around 45 minutes. This was done through webcam.

Interview Questions

• What was one of your biggest challenges and how did you overcome it?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Setting up the first round interview was quick, and the interview went well. Interviewer was nice enough to provide helpful hints on the posed coding question. Interviewer also asked questions about my resumé and recent projects.

Interview Questions

• How would you write a program that checks whether a number is a perfect number.   Answer Question

Interview

Pretty painless for a explore internship interview. I had 3 45-minute interviews back to back. One interview had a technical question, the other two were mostly behavioral. Overall great experience.

Business Operations Analyst Interview

Interview

There was one phone interview before the three final round interviews in person. Sat down with members of the team as well as the hiring manager. It was a super day, and I got to meet a lot of other people interviewing for the same position. Questions were structured, but it was still a very relaxed competition.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

There was a coding question at the start of the virtual interview. This was followed by a very short 5 minute behavioral interview section. The interview was only thirty minutes long.

Interview Questions

• Talk about time you worked on a team project?   5 Answers