Microsoft Interview Questions | Glassdoor

6,765 Interview Reviews

3.2

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA).

Interview

5 to 6 interviews single day 1 hour each. Coding-based. You have to code on the whiteboard. Prepare data structures, algorithms, writing code. The first 3-4 decide if the hiring manager is going to interview you. Out of the first 3-4, you need to try to nail them all.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

pretty easy. 2 hours of multiple scenarios and interviews not bad. just make sure you study before and you will be fine. the scenarios switch between 3 of the platforms that microsoft is pushing for and they really like cross selling.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA).

Interview

During the phone interview, first of all, the interviewer did some self-introduction and then asked me why I choose Microsoft, what do you know about Microsoft.Then I was asked some questions about my projects and some algorithm questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the most valuable quality that you have to bring to our company?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Met representative on campus. Provided them my resume and filled out an electronic form.
     They followed up with an in-person and on-campus interview. The interview was one on one and was a whiteboard technical interview.

Interview Questions

• White board question involving looking at a string of letters and outputting a condensed version of the string   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Received employee referral, had on campus interview. recruiter asked me amount my work experience and then a behavioral (describe a time you disagreed with a teammate). Putting no offer because I have not heard back yet

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

1 online coding round - fairly easy. 60mins. Need good time management to complete everything. Should write clean code.
    4 on-site rounds - 45mins each. Easy questions. Concepts - arrays strings sorting searching heap

Software Engineer Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

Interview

I had three one-on-one interviews with three different members of Microsoft. Two were typical coding interviews and one was more of a behavioral/fit interview. Each one lasted about half an hour.

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

After getting accepted and invited to come to campus after a phone interview. The on campus interview was an all day experience. Assigned a TAM chaperone who met me in the morning, had lunch with me and escorted me out at the end of the day. Also helped shepherd me between my 3 interviews. The first interview was more about me and what I have done and what I want to do. The second was more technical in nature. The third was more interpersonal interaction with a manager and role play with "clients".

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY).

Interview

Had a phone interview with a senior data scientist. I was asked to go through my resume and describe my projects. Was then asked a simple probability and statistics question with 2 parts. The interviewer then sent me a link to an interactive coding page and asked me to write R codes to solve the previous questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe one of your projects and how much responsibilities you took in delivering the results.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Fairly simple tree question, but the interviewer started 5 minutes late and ended 5 minutes early, making my interview only 20 minutes instead of 30 as it should have been. I think he read the time incorrectly, as I had not finished the problem. Unfortunately I did not notice the early finish time until after leaving the interview room. Overall I am very disappointed as I think with the extra 10 minutes I would have been able to solve the problem more fully.