Microsoft Interview Questions | Glassdoor

7,305 Interview Reviews

3.2

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA).

Interview

5 to 6 interviews single day 1 hour each. Coding-based. You have to code on the whiteboard. Prepare data structures, algorithms, writing code. The first 3-4 decide if the hiring manager is going to interview you. Out of the first 3-4, you need to try to nail them all.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA).

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn. From there, we scheduled a technical phone interview. There were three questions that were increasing in difficulty. There was no virtual whiteboard so I had to explain how I would approach the problem and speak to time/space trade offs. At the end of the phone interview, the interviewer informed me that they would like to fly me out for an on-site interview.

The on-site process was straight forward. There were a total of 5 interviews (I'm told if you don't do well in the first few, they dismiss you after lunch). The first 4 interviews begin with a coding problem, and if there's time left over, you have the opportunity to ask the interviewer any questions you want. The lunch interview involves some casual conversation to get to know you a little better followed by a short coding problem. The final interview was a system design question followed by some behavioral questions.

After the on-site interview, I was contacted within a week with news that they were moving forward with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Study your basic data structures: how to implement a few of the main ones, performance/size considerations.

Practice some interview questions (e.g. leetcode) on a white board or piece of paper and practice speaking aloud. Speak about how you're approaching the problem, some pros/cons of your approach. When studying interview questions, really focus on the techniques associated with solving general problems (greedy, two pointer, etc.) as it's highly unlikely that you'll see a question you've seen before. The interview questions are designed to be novel. Prepare by knowing how to solve problems, not memorizing solutions.   Answer Question

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

I was called by Microsoft for a relatively quick phone interview with a Microsoft recruiter. I was then invited to fly to their Charlotte campus for interviews with three people. Each interview was about 45 minutes long.

Interview Questions

• The TAM role at Microsoft is not very technical but focuses more on the relationship with the customer. So the questions were more about how you would handle certain situations. For example, a customer makes a last minute schedule change that requires an on-site resource which isn't available for a month. How would you resolve this situation?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft (Providence, RI).

Interview

After applying, I received an on-campus interview. On-campus interview: Asked questions about past projects on my resume, what Computer Science background I had, what I liked most about past projects and my personal interest.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to design an 'address book' for storing data associated with names, such as favourite ice cream flavour, phone number   Answer Question

MBA Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA).

Interview

First round on campus, second round was in Seattle. Second round were 4 interviews in a row with people from different teams.
    The first interview was behavioral and technical
    Second was mostly technical
    Third was all about fit
    Forth as all about behavioral

Interview Questions

• How would you explain a fx option to a 10 year old? (Related to my background)   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself on a bad day.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Interview

Flew from LA to Seattle for a two day interview . Take the taxi option. Bpnot driving your own rental. There was black snow on the day I arrived

Interview Questions

• Meeting diff people from different teams. Not sure where they stand   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

Interviewed with Bing at Bellevue, WA. One of the interviewer showed no interest to me. He was playing cell phone all the time without looking at me or the whiteboard.

Interview Questions

Interview

I had a recruiter phone screen and then went directly to the onsite. For preparation, I used techinterviewclub.com which has recent Microsoft questions. The recruiter got back to me in one back and got the offer.

Interview Questions

• Deeply clone a singly linked list in which each node has an extra pointer that points to a random node.   2 Answers

UX Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA).

Interview

Long-winded, interviewers were going through the motions when talking to me as if they weren't interested in the hiring they just wanted to be done with it. The gave me a test exercise to prepare at home then present but the discussions were trivial and uninformative.

Interview Questions

• How would you redesign a virtual reality app, what would you consider as input and what kinds of wireframes would you build to support your case?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I got all the way through the final round of interviews. The recruiter was responsive over email all the way until after the final interview. I followed up several times and never heard back. Google, Amazon, and other top tech companies are far better with closing the loop and providing feedback. A simple email would have sufficed.

Also, they sent my interview location details to the wrong person. They have an after hours phone line, so I was able to catch that error and still show up to the interview on time.