Microsoft Interview Questions | Glassdoor

7,566 Interview Reviews

3.2

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA).

Interview

5 to 6 interviews single day 1 hour each. Coding-based. You have to code on the whiteboard. Prepare data structures, algorithms, writing code. The first 3-4 decide if the hiring manager is going to interview you. Out of the first 3-4, you need to try to nail them all.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Phone interview and on site in Texas. Very tough, started in the morning and interviewed with five different people, one after the other. Can be tough to stay on your best presentation with that many interviews. This is just how Microsoft does it, I suppose.

Support Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Was encouraged by a recruiter to apply for this post and did the 2 long interviews. Despite being assured by every recruiter in the process that they "Would be very straight forward in communicating" they were NOT! Im honestly not upset that I didnt get the job, but I was assured that my investment of many hours of interview time would result in SOME feedback either positive or negative. If I suck please tell me how/why so I can better myself. However after 2 weeks and a follow up that I had to initiate the only response I got was

"Thank you for following up. The team decided to move forward with another candidate. Thank you for your time and interest in Microsoft."

When you have me invest hours of my time and you promise me feedback, I want my feedback so i can Improve. Im very disappointed in Microsoft. You are obviously to big to care anymore which sucks.

Sales Account Manager Interview

Interview

The process was fair and transparent. The interviewer was friendly and encouraged me to speak about myself as well as my opinion about Microsoft. I did very bad I think

Interview Questions

• Tell us how you closed out a sale?   1 Answer

AI Resident Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA).

Interview

1 phone screen, followed by 4 onsite interviews. Although the interview process was well managed, almost 3 months later, they are yet to get back to half of the residents, which I assume means reject. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview: Coding questions and research discussion
      Onsite: Mainly focussed on how machine learning can be used to solve real world problems (program synthesis, Twitter bots etc.). There were also 1-2 coding questions.   Answer Question

Intern Marketing Interview

Interview

Had a brief phone interview where I went over my resume and explained what type of role I was looking for. The ‘Superday’ round consisted of 4 different interviews with various marketing team members.

Interview Questions

• What product would you eliminate from Microsoft’s offering and why.   Answer Question

PM Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

There was a two step interview process; One in-person on campus interview, One interview at their headquarters. The interviews at the headquarters were done by several people. All together took about 4 hours to complete.

Interview Questions

• Describe the room we're in to someone who has never been in it?   Answer Question

Product Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Honolulu, HI) in June 2018.

Interview

Entire application and interview process took a week. Reached out to me within a day after submitting application. Scheduled an interview in-person 2 days after reaching out to me. Everyone was friendly and inviting. Definitely no tension between me and the two store managers who interviewed me.

Account Technology Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Denver, CO) in June 2018.

Interview

I was referred to the ATS role by a current MS employee and posted for it. I had initial phone screen with the hiring manager who asked typical questions to understand my technical and sales related background. After that call about 4 days later I got call from Recruiting to schedule what they call “finals day” where you interview with a set of people involved in the role. I had 4 interviews on that day, 3 in the morning and 1 after lunch with hiring manager. There were no out of the ordinary questions just wanting background how I would approach role and why I would be a strong fit in the Microsoft Education org (this was ATS in education space). I did not get the role but the experience was great and the people were very passionate which felt good.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit for this role?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in June 2018.

Interview

It was an over the phone process, after which I decided not to pursue the opportunity as I received another offer. It was, however, an easy process and is a great company.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your project management experience   1 Answer