Microsoft Interview Questions | Glassdoor

7,935 Interview Reviews

3.2

Community Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (Houston, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Went through several rounds of interviews, after initially speaking with the recruiter. The company is really big on culture and making sure to select candidates who are adaptable. They prefer someone with an open-mind and perspective rather than someone super techie.

Interview Questions

• How would you impact the company in 30-60-90 days within your role if hired.   3 Answers

Computer Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA) in November 2017.

Interview

I met with five workers and one HR person. Each person spent about half an hour with me. Most workers told me about their job. One worker took me to lunch. One worker quizzed me about C++ programming. The HR person explained their benefits package.

Computer Science Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in June 2013.

Interview

A set of two interviews for the first round. They asked mind puzzle questions as well as more practical questions. They did not care what language you did your practical questions in but the questions were worded specifically, leaving out important information that you needed to ask the interviewer for clarification on.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in October 2011.

Interview

I went through a couple of phone interviews with various people at Microsoft and then was asked to fly up to Seattle for an in person interview.

Photo Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I did my interview over the phone, I submitted a test, editorial test, and three interviews. It was very down to earth and pleasant. I felt valued all throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Why did you chose the photos you chose from the test when everyone else chose differently?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Honestly, I was offered more than I was expecting, so there really wasn't a negotiation!

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Boston, MA) in May 2012.

Interview

1) Phone call with a recruiter
    2) In person interview with a store manager
    3) Phone call with a market manager
    4) Phone call with regional manager
    5) Offer from recruiter

Interview Questions

• What most excites you about retail?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. One pay scale. If you don't like it, tough luck.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in July 2018.

Interview

Very laid back, asked for resume went over a few questions. Manager stated he would reach out to me 14 days ago and never did. Extremely unprofessional. Unlike anything I would expect from such a well known company. Definitely gave me a different outlook on Microsoft. Probably won’t even shop at the mall that the store is located at.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in April 2014.

Interview

Phone interview first and then in person. The interview was easy and mostly testing out your personality. It really depends on the manager and location. The interview wasn't too hard and the job was great

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in January 2015.

Interview

It took weeks of phone tag to get ahold of the hiring manager. Once we set up an appointment they never called. So we set up another and after an hour of waiting I never received a call.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (Miami, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview was fair and concise. Recruiters called, scheduled an appointment and the same recruiter called back. Once you passed the recruiter, you got routed to the hiring manager at the store