Microsoft Interview Questions | Glassdoor

7,045 Interview Reviews

3.2

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA).

Interview

5 to 6 interviews single day 1 hour each. Coding-based. You have to code on the whiteboard. Prepare data structures, algorithms, writing code. The first 3-4 decide if the hiring manager is going to interview you. Out of the first 3-4, you need to try to nail them all.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA).

Interview

During the phone interview, first of all, the interviewer did some self-introduction and then asked me why I choose Microsoft, what do you know about Microsoft.Then I was asked some questions about my projects and some algorithm questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the most valuable quality that you have to bring to our company?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

pretty easy. 2 hours of multiple scenarios and interviews not bad. just make sure you study before and you will be fine. the scenarios switch between 3 of the platforms that microsoft is pushing for and they really like cross selling.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Did an internship before. Converted to full time offer.
    Got the internship by applying through a college recruiter. 1. Phone call interview. 2. On college pen and paper interview. 3. Got flown to Seattle for on-site. 4. Got an offer within 2 days.

Interview Questions

• The door toggling question. There are 100 lockers, a man runs from left to right toggling the door from open to locked, skipping every other door. Does that again and again, toggling the multiples of ith door. In the end, how many doors are open. Derive a formula.   Answer Question

Explorer Interview

Interview

Behavioral phone interview for ~30mins with a standard brain teaser and some questions about projects and passions. On-site with three 45-minutes interviews. Two of them were technical, but pretty basic questions, one of them was PM related.

Interview Questions

• What is a technologically cutting edge product that you're most interested in   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

Interview

After talking to engineers at my school's career fair, I had an on-campus technical interview where I was asked to come in and immediately code, without even discussing my resume. Many peers had behavioral interviews. The interview went okay and I was invited on-site. I completed 4 back to back technical and design interviews. I had a deadline, so they let me know my decision soon after. I believed I had performed well (even asked for their feedback sometimes), so not sure what went wrong.

Interview Questions

• Design question where I was asked to implement a system in place for a current issue.   1 Answer

Service Engineer Interview

Interview

I had a 30 minute first round interview with an engineer from the Services Engineering division. He asked me a mix of behavioral and pseudo-technical questions to test my communicative skills.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain a compiler to your great-grandmother, who has no understanding of what a computer is?   Answer Question

Explore Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I left my resume with a recruiter at the Caltech Career Fair and was emailed a week later about scheduling an interview. I was contacted about a week before the interview, and the interview itself was held on campus. Overall, it was very casual, and the interviewer was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• (In regards to high school involvement with Science Olympiad) Tell me about your duties as President of your Science Olympiad club.   Answer Question
    • Describe an algorithm that would allow you to predict an Amazon customer's rating of a product that they purchase.   Answer Question
    • Given a sentence (or more) in the form of a string, output a Map with words mapped to number of occurrences, only for words that appear more than once.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I applied through college or university. I got an on campus interview call 1 week later. The interview was 30 minutes and was mostly behavioral in nature. After that I got contacted that I had passed the first round but they did not have enough seats for the second round, so they are still waiting.

Explore Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Had a phone interview and a month later went in for an on site interview. Went in at 7am, had 3 rounds of interviews. Each interview got worse and worse, last person started using his phone while I was still talking.