Microsoft Interview Questions | Glassdoor

6,757 Interview Reviews

3.2

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA).

Interview

5 to 6 interviews single day 1 hour each. Coding-based. You have to code on the whiteboard. Prepare data structures, algorithms, writing code. The first 3-4 decide if the hiring manager is going to interview you. Out of the first 3-4, you need to try to nail them all.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

pretty easy. 2 hours of multiple scenarios and interviews not bad. just make sure you study before and you will be fine. the scenarios switch between 3 of the platforms that microsoft is pushing for and they really like cross selling.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Received employee referral, had on campus interview. recruiter asked me amount my work experience and then a behavioral (describe a time you disagreed with a teammate). Putting no offer because I have not heard back yet

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

1 online coding round - fairly easy. 60mins. Need good time management to complete everything. Should write clean code.
    4 on-site rounds - 45mins each. Easy questions. Concepts - arrays strings sorting searching heap

Software Engineer Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I had three one-on-one interviews with three different members of Microsoft. Two were typical coding interviews and one was more of a behavioral/fit interview. Each one lasted about half an hour.

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

After getting accepted and invited to come to campus after a phone interview. The on campus interview was an all day experience. Assigned a TAM chaperone who met me in the morning, had lunch with me and escorted me out at the end of the day. Also helped shepherd me between my 3 interviews. The first interview was more about me and what I have done and what I want to do. The second was more technical in nature. The third was more interpersonal interaction with a manager and role play with "clients".

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Fairly simple tree question, but the interviewer started 5 minutes late and ended 5 minutes early, making my interview only 20 minutes instead of 30 as it should have been. I think he read the time incorrectly, as I had not finished the problem. Unfortunately I did not notice the early finish time until after leaving the interview room. Overall I am very disappointed as I think with the extra 10 minutes I would have been able to solve the problem more fully.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY).

Interview

Had a phone interview with a senior data scientist. I was asked to go through my resume and describe my projects. Was then asked a simple probability and statistics question with 2 parts. The interviewer then sent me a link to an interactive coding page and asked me to write R codes to solve the previous questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe one of your projects and how much responsibilities you took in delivering the results.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I am a returning intern so there was not really any steps. But from my friends that I referred, it is a phone screen, then they fly you out to perform three interviews. If you do well, you will join one of the teams that interview you.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA).

Interview

I was contacted by an external recruiter. After a phone screen, I was invited for an onsite interview in Redmond. The recruiter scheduled to for my first meeting was late. I had 2-4 interviews in a room. Interviews focused on questions specific to data analysis. There were some other questions related to data structures and algorithms. However, there seemed to have been a misunderstanding over my background. My resume does not mention any of the skills that they were looking for/asking questions related to. I had confirmed with the recruiter regarding this and had been told that was perfectly fine. At the end however they thought they wanted someone with the background they were looking for.
    What was even more surprising was that no one seemed to know where to find me between the interviews. After all the interviews, I was left alone in the room I had been interviewed in for a really long time. There was another meeting scheduled in that room and the members of the meeting asked me to move somewhere else. It was after a long time that the hiring manager found me and asked me to leave. I was never informed about the exact decision until the external recruiter contacted me about it. I am not complaining about not having an offer, but I found the environment extremely hostile.