Microsoft Interview Questions | Glassdoor

6,668 Interview Reviews

3.2

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA).

Interview

5 to 6 interviews single day 1 hour each. Coding-based. You have to code on the whiteboard. Prepare data structures, algorithms, writing code. The first 3-4 decide if the hiring manager is going to interview you. Out of the first 3-4, you need to try to nail them all.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mission Viejo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft (Mission Viejo, CA).

Interview

Met recuriter at job fair. Had on campus interview within a week with current employee, was a developer. Talked about projects I had worked on and my experience, answered questions about Microsoft. Couple weeks later received an email stating I had an interview at Microsoft in Mission Viejo. Flight was cancelled due to weather, ended up interviewing over skype with 4-5 employees on 2 teams at location. Asked to solve problems by each.

Interview Questions

• Implement Quicksort. After implementing, implement a version that takes less space complexity (2 pointer quicksort. )   Answer Question
    • If there is a file spread across 100 machines with x amount of storage and some duplicates, how can you remove duplicates?   Answer Question

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (Fargo, ND) in August 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume and was contacted by someone in recruiting within 30 minutes of submission.
    I had a pre-screen phone conversation about 2 days later. I was asked to come onsite for an interview blitz the next month.
    These interviews are a little different than the standard - if you get 4 interviews at microsoft you did well. Everyone received two interviews.
    I hadn't heard back so about a week later I followed up with recruiting. I was informed that within this group if you don't hear back right away it's actually good news (they reach out to the no's withing one or two days of the interview). It takes a while to process and get back to the yes's. I am still negotiating the terms of employment now.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA).

Interview

It was a straight forward interview like other tech companies. Started with a technical phone screen and was called onsite. CTCL, glassdoor, (basic data structures, algos, design) would do it.

Interview Questions

• Design question can be pretty challenging based on the seniority you apply for.   2 Answers

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Applied through a referral. Was flown to Seattle for a day. Four interviews, 2 technical, 2 more of behavioral. Microsoft is a decisive company, one side of it is the vibrant company trying to zoom into the next gen world, another side is a lagging huge dinosaur and you can see both of those all the way from interview to on boarding.

Product Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online and then got an email to fill more pdf forms out and send them back!! After a week got an email to schedule a phone interview with a recruiter but that never happend because 1 week later I got a phone call from the store manager to come in for an in person interview. When I arrived there were no customers in the store only the employees who notified the manager but still I had to wait. After he finally came he took me outside of the store looking for an empty table inside the "food court" area of the mall. Woow at that point I had already checked out of the whole process because its just not professional. Agewise the interviewing manager could have been my younger son. As my other interviewers he had not even looked at my CV but asked me typical entry level (graduate students) questions while reading them off of his tablet. I know that he could not properly understand what I was telling him, cus it was too loud with lots of noise distractions. At that point I could have cared less because I knew right away, they not gonna call back for a 2nd interview or if they do I wont be selected. The 2nd option happened after a week and it did not surprise me at all.

Cloud Solutions Architect Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

15 years ago, I was an undergrad at the top 10% of my class at a top 5 American CS school. The campus recruiter wouldn't give me the opportunity to interview for a SDE job. Instead I was delegated to either applying for QA in Test or Design while others had opportunities for dream roles. 15 years later, I applied to a CSA job using an internal reference. The recruiters wouldn't give me a time in the day while the other two market leaders gave me interviews at a moments notice. As an "oriental," I found my experiences with MSFT very discriminatory, and if there is justice in this country, you will be sued.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Long, difficult, but well thought out. They did a great job of digging down into the actual details of my background and experience. I didn't get an offer, but it was a good process.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

When I applied, I was told that I was the first and candidate of choice to initiate team activities. A typical first time hiring review is normally very detailed in demonstrating core skills.

Program Manager Interview

Interview

Flew out to Seattle, stayed at a nice hotel, was picked up and taken to MSFT HQ. Fed a tasty breakfast with hot coffee. Went through 4 back to back interviews:
    * coding problem -- outline a function for testing whether a string is a palindrome
    * behavioral interview
    * design a competitor to Google Nest
    * estimate how many tennis balls would fit in a submarine

All the interviewers were exceptionally friendly, the end-to-end process was smooth and simple, and they expedited results the next day!

Interview Questions

• Estimate how many tennis balls would fit in a submarine   Answer Question