Computer Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Computer Engineer Interview Questions

Computer engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Why does one use MSE as a measure of quality. What is the scientific/mathematical reason for the same?

2 Answers

Mean-Square error is an error metric for measuring image or video quality it is popular video and image quality metric because the analysis and mathematics is easier with this L2-Norm metric. Most video and image quality experts will agree that MSE is not a very good measure of perceptual video and image quality.

The mathematical reasoning behind the MSE is as follows: For any real applications, noise in the readings or the labels is inevitable. We generally assume this noise follows Gaussian distribution and this holds perfectly well for most of the real applications. Considering 'e' follows gaussian distribution in y=f(x) + e and calculating the MLE, we get MSE which is also L2 distance. Note: Assuming some other noise distribution may lead to other MLE estimate which will not be MSE.

How would you code up a custom rectangle detector?

4 Answers

Walk me through your routine day at your current job.

1 Answer

write the c function for the atoi function.

1 Answer

Java question: If there is a try catch finally. Is finally called everytime ? If not, then under what cases will it not be called?

1 Answer

Is 1,000,001 a prime number?

2 Answers

Why is C++ better for a programmer than Java. Explain one scenario where you will prefer C++ over java

1 Answer

Asked me to describe things from my resume, and gave me a basic problem and asked me to write pseudocode on a white board (find the max # in a list)

1 Answer

explain an experience when you had to report an issue of an unethical situation

1 Answer

All technical questions where about UNIX and IT staff, very indeep stuff.

110 of 105 Interview Questions