Data Modeler Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Data Modeler Interview Questions

Data modeler interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

They asked several detailed questions pertaining to data modeling.

1 Answer

I was able to answer all the questions it seemed to their satisfaction.

What Metadata Repository have you used at previous engagement ?

1 Answer

They asked for specific examples from my background to fit the data modeling requirements.

1 Answer

They ask me to draw a diagram on 3rd. NF based on a file with a certain format he provided on the board that included fields like "Physician name", "date of service", "Physician type" , etc. I modeled and it was great then he ask me to do it on star schema based on reports he wanted to produce. The scenarios requested were nor clearly defined ( Again no clear direction or any specifics ) bottom line the interviewer was looking for an answer he didn't provide much information and made things really confusing to me to design. At the end I designed what I best understand with the information I had he told me he wanted me to build bridge tables as a solution . Which industry standard dictates that are obsolete and causes performance issues. So it was not the best solution after all.

1 Answer

If we don't want to pay the market hourly rate, will you accept a "bonus" at the end of the assignment?

1 Answer

How can we tailor your resume to fit the client requirement?

1 Answer

Describe in detail a project you worked on involving quantitative analysis.

How do you convert this into a data model? Justify your design.

Mostly about previous work.

1 Answer

The questions were all straightforward and pertinent. A lot of the time was spent informing me about the role and the company.

110 of 19 Interview Questions