Engineering Program Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Engineering Program Manager Interview Questions

Engineering program manager interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

You have a program with something or component that fails 1 week before launch. What do you do?

5 Answers

I said you look for other solutions, off the shelf parts. I "think" the answer was go ahead and launch and do a redesign after launch. Of course, if it fails how do you launch right?

You always have a have a back-up part ready, fully qualified and and waiting in the wings! There is no way to launch an iPhone 4 and sell millions of units on a tight schedule without a backup plan for every part.

I believe the point here is not saying that you should/have a back-up plan for this (you can mention that at first, but then assume that something went terribly wrong)... So in my case I would go through the how crucial is this program/component for the launch? can be fixed with an update? how much time/resources are needed to meet the deadline? what would be the impact of delaying the launch until the problem is solved? is it feasible? after the brainstorming and impact analysis you could take the decision of delaying, solve the problem or ship everything as-is and fix the problem afterwards. Once the problem is solved you should go through the situation again and understand what went wrong and prevent it from happening again.

You have no extra time and no extra resources but is asked by the CEO to add 20 extra features, what do you do?

3 Answers

How do you go about defining a new SW feature, from start to finish?

1 Answer

What do you do when you find out two weeks before launch that a software feature still hasn't been implemented?

1 Answer

How do you star a program with papers of specifications?

1 Answer

the CFO asked me to describe a circumstance where I did not get along with a superior manager and how I handled it.

1 Answer

What will you do if the client asked for more features and you are already behind schedule

1 Answer

If you had an assignment that required you to ride a unicycle while juggling, what would you do to acquire these skills?

2 Answers

What does a cow weigh? I understand that this is a fairly typical type of question to test abstract thinking ability for engineers. I had fun with it. Most interviews focused on experience and approach to typical situations. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Technical question.