It engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for it engineer

It engineer Interview Questions

it engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How many unique handshakes if each person in a group of 10 give handshakes out to each and every other individual. (a) 100 (b) 50 (c) 45 (d) 20 (e) 10

5 Answers

45. Imagine it as a polygon of side 10. Or draw out triangle, square, pentagon, and see the pattern yourself, if you don't know the algorithm.

true, or 9+8+7+...+2+1

Or just do: (10 Combination 2) = 10!/(2!8!) = 45

One or more comments have been removed.
Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

What is a VLAN and why is it used, what are the advantages and challenges. What is STP. Describe a time where you helped a peer who was struggling, what did you do to help and what was the outcome. What are some Linux Directories and their uses. Describe everything you know about the DHCP process. Group Policy fails on a client, how would you troubleshoot this. Describe your most technically challenging issue and how you solved it. What is the difference between a switch and a router. Name some TCP and UDP ports/uses. What is the OSI model and why is it used.

5 Answers

Do you know Java?

4 Answers

If you have a 5 gallon jug and a 3 gallon jug how do you get exactly 4 gallons?

2 Answers

Bob can make a cigar from 5 used butts of old cigars. If he has 25 cigar butts, how many cigars can he smoke?

2 Answers

If 6 men can do a piece of work in 14 days, how many men are needed to do the work in 21 days?

4 Answers

The interviewers did not read my entire resume and only concentrated on areas that I did not have any experience with, which was not even part of my resume. One person even mentioned this to me as I inquired if they had looked at my material. They told me the job required someone to know coding, even though the coding aspect is only a small piece of the job. The job itself had other descriptions that the interviewers fail to inquire about and only concentrated on what I lacked. I am more than qualified based on the job description. They also did not find me to have hands-on experience, which again is not true and my resume highlights many key factors showing hands-on approach. (this is what happens when you don't read someone's resume thoroughly). I was told that I was a very nice guy, but that I would not be a good fit due to lack of experience.

2 Answers

None. Typical techno-functional questions. Although in retrospect, I was asked my approach/opinion to their 'mini' HCM upgrade and politely disagreed with their questionable methodology. Perhaps this is what warranted their final decision => 'The consensus was that you’re quite a bit more experienced technically than what this job would require and that it’s probably not the best fit at this point in time.'

2 Answers

You have no real world experience with what this job requires. If presented with an assignment/project with real world demands and deadlines, how will you meet these needs?

2 Answers

How does traceroute work?

1 Answer