Program Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Program Management Interview Questions

1,126

Program management interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Started interview with: I'm not going to interview you for the role you applied for as earlier this week I am in a new role and we need a senior manager able to help the inexperienced PMs with providing guidance.

3 Answers

Confused with initial statement introduced response with "there is no I in team, so whatever is needed, I am accustomed to wearing multiple hats, mentoring and providing guidance. Interviewer comments to Staffing firm was: Not chosen, didn't understand response of "No I in team" appeared not to get it.

I had a similar experience where the interviewer claimed my answer was confused and nonsensical when I know all of my answers were correct, succinct and to the point. I now believe this demonstrates a negative pattern that should be questioned.And I understood the point you were trying to make about treating your team with respect and working hard to get the job done. It was obvious.

Everyone should be aware that the PMO Director keeps a list of everyone that's interviewed, and if you are turned down they won't talk to you again even if it's 5 years later. As an Executive who has run a PMO, I find this shocking. People can change and grow a lot in 5 years, and Starwood is missing out. Perhaps this is why they are constantly looking for the same people over and over again. And that's usually the sign of a mismanaged and toxic work environment.

If you had an infinite supply of water and a 5 quart and 3 quart pail, how would you measure exactly 4 quarts?

3 Answers

What is your mission in life?

3 Answers

After using information from the assessments I took online, they determined questions to ask like: are you more comfortable in a fast paced or slow paced environment?

1 Answer

What is your experience with the GSA legacy systems?

No unexpected question

1 Answer

As a contractor, what was your function at GSA?

1 Answer

Tell me about what you're studying.

1 Answer

What are 10 things you can do with a baseball bat? How many windows are in NYC? How would you convince your friends to buy Burger King instead of Micky Ds

1 Answer

How many grand pianos do you think there are in Austin, and tell me how you arrived at that number.

110 of 1,126 Interview Questions