RN Interview Questions | Glassdoor

RN Interview Questions

6,698

RN interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Case scenarios. What would you do first if a patient is aggressive

Try deescalating the patient

I've had this happen many times since I was an RN at a psych facility. If you're in the patient's room, ALWAYS make sure you are next to the door in order to have a way out. Speak calmly, but not too much. Remove distractions (bright lights, tv noise, other patients). Offer to go for a walk down the hall with them. Validate the patient's concerns and feelings. NEVER say, you're stuck, or there's nothing you can do, etc... Let the patient feel you have their best interest in mind.

Excellent answer from Missy at Old Vineyard Behavioral Health!!! I'm curious how far the aggression is allowed to escalate before your team would respond & help you?

What would you do if you entered a patient room and found them unconscious.

3 Answers

How do deal with a uncooperative family memeber/patient?

1 Answer

The ICU environment can be very stressful. How do you think you will handle that stress?

1 Answer

how have I responded to difficult situations in prior jobs

2 Answers

How do you handle crucial conversations?

1 Answer

Tell me about a time you resolved a conflict between two people. What was the conflict?

1 Answer

Please tell us the steps for a laporoscopic cholecystectomy from the patient is preped and draped.

1 Answer

They placed two new products on the table and asked me to analyze them and describe why they fit with the specific brand they were identified with.

1 Answer

Describe a situation when you went above and beyond.

110 of 6,698 Interview Questions