Kaiser Permanente Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,043 Interview Reviews

2.9

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA).

Interview

I filled out my profile online, and applied for the jobs I felt I was qualified for. It took a while, and if you're not selected, you really don't hear back. But once I was selected, I had 3 interviews and an offer all within a month.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavior questions that asked what experience helped me prepare for certain scenarios that they presented. I also had to do a short presentation.   3 Answers

Telephone advice Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

2-3 hours, questions about nursing and nursing judgement what would you advice pt etc I. What would you do if you knew you made error who would you go to. If you did not understand something how likely are you to ask questiond

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a pt called in with this complaint   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non negotiable, you submitted years of experience and qualifications and HR decides your base salary, there is shift differential. Holiday and overtime pay

Bilingual Appointment Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Anaheim, CA).

Interview

I applied online. I got an email from a recruiter 4 business days later instructing me to go to their HR building to take 4 assessments. I had to pass all 4 in order to be considered for the position. After I was done with the test the receptionist at the HR facility told me right away my results. She told me since I passed my recruiter will contact me in a few days to set up an appointment for my bilingual assessment. The recruiter contacted me 2 weeks later with the time and dates to come in for the assessment. I didn't get my test results until 3 business days later stating that I passed. About 1 week later a recruiter contacted me going over my resume and test results. She told me she will forward my stuff to the hiring manager and they will set me up for an interview. It's been 2 weeks going on 3 weeks and I have not heard from anyone. I even emailed the recruiter to check on my application and got no response. This whole process from beginning to end took about 2 months.

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

There was a panel that interviewed me and it was a behavioral interview, a lot of 'give me an example of a time when you did this or that". They all took turns asking questions. At the end they indicated they would contact me further if they decided do a 3rd interview, or just contact me in general to let me know, but I never heard back from them. I even emailed after a week went by to ask. I was ok with not moving further along in the process, but I think it was dis-respectful to not at least respond to my email letting me know they hadn't chosen me to go further.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview

Had two phone calls from the manager, took an online assessment and went in for an on-site a week later. It was a panel interview and everyone was friendly. Manager said I should hear back in a week. Over 4 weeks, I sent two emails to check in. Never heard back and got a generic automated email saying the position was cancelled.

I spent hours for those interviews and they couldn’t spend a minute to contact me directly to let me know the job was cancelled.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

I got a call to answer a couple brief questions. she said will call me back if I am suitable for the position. I did not get a call back. The phone call lasted 10 minutes only.

New Grad RN Residency Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clackamas, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Clackamas, OR) in January 2017.

Interview

First was the application, then an email stating I've been selected and there will be phone interviews done during specific days and times and to keep that time open. The phone interview was roughly ten minutes. Very friendly easy going staff. Then they called the next day to schedule the second interview in person. This interview included seven managers, a director, and an educator. Not all questions were behavioral and the director was very open and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a little bit about your resume.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you made an error and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question
    • What are your short and long term goals?   Answer Question
    • What are the things you don't like or find challenging about nursing and what is something you like?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you did not follow an order or did something to stand up for a patient or client or questioned the doctor.   Answer Question
    • How do you view the role of the nurse?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None yet

New Grad RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clackamas, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Clackamas, OR) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied in October for the new grad program but didn't hear back till the 2nd week of December. I got an email saying that I was selected for a phone interview. Phone interview lasted for about 15 minutes (4 questions) and I got a call back the next day that I was going in for the second round which was the panel interview (lasted about 45 minutes). Panel interview was with 9 nurse managers from the Medical-Surgical team. The nurse managers were so awesome and nice about the entire process. I've never felt such a welcoming feeling in a nursing interview (and this was with 9 people!!!!!). After my panel interview, I got a call and an email that I got the job the next day.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • Tell us a time when you had a conflict with a coworker?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult patient/family member and how'd you handle it?   Answer Question
    • When have you made a mistake and how'd you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Tell us a time when you had to do a research and what'd you learn?   Answer Question

Senior Reimbursement Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Pasadena, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied for the job on January 9, 2017 and received an email from the hiring manager on January 11th for a 60-minute phone interview. I was offered several time slots, but I chose the last time/date to get a better feel of what my competition was like. The interview lasted about 1 1/2 hours and the questions were pretty straightforward. The hiring manager was pretty friendly, and she said she would be in contact with me to schedule a panel interview within the week. I will update this thread if I hear back from them. I also mentioned that I had one other SOLID offer on the table.

Interview Questions

• Why am I looking to leave my current position?   Answer Question
    • What reports I was directly responsible for, and their frequency?   Answer Question
    • My ideal work environment/setting and preferred management style?   Answer Question

Occupational Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Santa Rosa, CA).

Interview

You sit down with a panel of kaiser professionals, they fire off situational interview questions. I wasn't hired, they took 6 weeks to tell me I didn't get the job which I felt was unprofessional i was invited to interview by they director of the department and was one of two OT's they were considering and have 16 years experience. They told me I didn't have enough experience. Never again will I bother with a kaiser position.

Interview Questions

• What is the most stressful thing you have faced in your job?   Answer Question