Kaiser Permanente Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Rockville, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

The process took about a month. I applied in late January and heard back in late February. I had a phone screening interview that took about 15 minutes. I was offered a second interview on the spot with a group of 4 people. They were so receptive and made the interview a breeze. Make sure to prepare fully for the interview. Research the company well and prepare your answers.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself?
      What do you know about Kaiser Permanente?
      Has there been any time you had a conflict with you supervisor and how did you fix it?
      What do you want to get out of the internship?
      What are your strength?
      What would your former co-workers say was your weakness?
      What do you like to do for fun?   1 Answer

Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Covina, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (West Covina, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Called me with opportunities. I found out it's their way of getting agents. They reviewed my 37 years of experience. Discussed the training needed. They are looking for licensed people in " home and property" " health and casualty". They have the training. This takes months and years for the stRt up process.

Interview Questions

• Do you wish to stay in the same industry ?   1 Answer

I need current income to be near or same as I currently have.

Patient Access Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tukwila, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Tukwila, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

Phone interview and in-person interview with two managers. From application submission to getting offered the job, it took one month and ten days. Interview question's weren't hard at all for me but this is because I really spent time preparing a few days before.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to choose between two undesirable options.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you worked through a language barrier with a customer/patient, and how did you work through it?   Answer Question

Patient Access Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tukwila, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Tukwila, WA).

Interview

Applied online, and then there was a Phone Interview, in-person interview. After the phone interview, I got a call from a different manager, and she took my application (same position, different manager)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't even negotiate, but I should have. They are open to it

Patient Access Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Portland, OR) in February 2014.

Interview

The process took probably two months. The only way to get an interview for most people is to be recommended by an employee, since they get about 1000 applications per opening. Interview was pretty standard behavioral questions. Be sure your application and resume are extremely accurate because the verification process is brutal.

Patient Access Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Portland, OR) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview with about 5 other candidates being interviewed by a panel of two. The interviewers had two full pages of questions to ask you and they pick on the candidates to answer and you just answer after the other. They ask a lot about your experience with a call center and the variety of duties that you performed.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Kaiser Permanente?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Roseville, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

The interview lasted about 30 minutes. I had met with the director and manager of the department in an office. Both asked me questions and gave me enough time to answer. I felt comfortable and relaxed and positive about the experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you encountered a difficult situation or co-worker. What was the outcome?
      What would your current supervisor say about you or your work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (San Jose, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

Initial interview with Director of department, who then provided an opportunity to job shadow her interim Assistant Manager. Following this a group interview was set up with seven staff members who conducted a pre-written interview question and answer session.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years   1 Answer

Negotiation

As I was going from a management salary to a NUNI salary there was a large difference,but in discussion with the hiring Director, we negotiated a higher entry salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Seattle, WA) in November 2017.

Interview

After submitting my resume I received a phone call asking to set up a phone interview with the team recruiter. The Phone interview lasted approximately 30 minutes and went very well. The recruiter ask me what my salary expectations were and I replied that I would like to make what I was making at my last job when I left, which was $19.50 an hour. He replied " oh I think we can do better than that with your amount of experience". I replied well that would be great. He said he was actually going to recommend me for the job to the hiring manager. After checking my references I would be receiving a phone call requesting a face-to-face interview.
    I received a phone call on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving and set up an interview for the following Tuesday. I was supposed to be interviewed by 3 people however, just one of the managers showed up late to interview me. After answering normal interview questions, she said I understand you interviewed on the phone with Lolo. I replied yes I did. He went over the starting salary and told you that it was a union position, didn't he? I replied well he didn't tell me that it was a union position, but I said that's fine my last job was a union position as well. And he also told you the starting salary is $14.80 an hour., correct? So I replied no, he did not tell me the starting salary was $14.80 an hour. I then went on to say he asked me what my salary expectations were and I told him that I would like to make what I was making when I left the VA if possible, which was $19.50 an hour. She said she thought that that was a very high salary for only 1 years of experience and I was probably being paid more because it was a temporary position that didn't include benefit. Which was a wrong assumption on her part. I told her no that was incorrect that even though it was a temporary job it did include benefits after 60 days and that I had 11 years experience, not 1 years of experience.. I then asked her how much the union dues were a month and her reply was I don't know because I'm not Union. I said no I would need to know those answers so I can make an informed decision if the position is offered to me. She said she would get the answers to those questions and send me an email. That was 3 days ago and I have yet to receive an email from her

Interview Questions

• How did I handle a situation when I made an error when the answer was obvious   1 Answer

Patient Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in August 2017.

Interview

Phone interview that was very informative with a person who was very knowledgeable. Explained all aspect of the position. Asked relaxed questions and was very asttentive. Was honest about the qualifications needed. Explained all of the company background.

Interview Questions

• what qualifications did I have that should be considered in decision making?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview

Kind of intimidating both managers definitely had there poker face on ...other then that was fairly easy had to take a medical terminology test before hand in order to land an interview with the managers