Security Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Security Engineer Interview Questions

"When hiring a security engineer, employers want to make sure they select candidates who have the technical knowledge of information security software and hardware to ensure their data will be kept safe in the event of a disaster, whether it be an earthquake or a hacker attack. Before attending an interview for this position, prepare to answer a lot of technical questions that will determine the extent of your understanding of information security systems and how they can be used to protect important data."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Describe the differences between symmetric and asymmetric encryption, and scenarios where one is more appropriate then the other.

1 Answer

Not that difficult if you understand symmetric (private key) vs. asymmetric encryption (public key).

What sort of anomalies would you look for to identify a compromised system?

1 Answer

I was asked about XSS, SQL Injection, Tools I have used for pen testing.

1 Answer

During the technical interview, the second interview asked, "How would you configure trace route in a cisco firewall for a group of windows users?" I repeated the question to make sure I heard it correctly, and he responded with, "Windows fundamentally handles trace route differently than Unix does."

6 Answers

Write a function that can determine if an input number is a power of 2.

4 Answers

How many bits do you need for a subnet size.

3 Answers

They were standard questions. They want to see if you are a "cultural" fit.

1 Answer

How would you handle theoretical situation X.

1 Answer

They are so rigid in their interview process that I beleive they overlook talent and are focused on people passing Dr. Mercer's tests

1 Answer

Explain traceroute in detail.

110 of 601 Interview Questions