The Home Depot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 22, 2017
3,373 Interview Reviews

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

First phone interview then assistant manager interview then store manager interview then you have to do drug test and they will call you back for training which is really long

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (New York, NY).

Interview

Did the phone interview and was scheduled for a in person interview. I had to do two interviews, one with hr and one with the store manager. I was offered the job then was asked to take a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to get something done in a little amount a time?   1 Answer

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montrose, CO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Montrose, CO).

Interview

You won't get the job if you just submit an application online and wait to be called. 24 hours after you submit your application, go into the store and ask customer service to direct you to the office of the person in charge of hiring. Go to that person and pleasantly introduced yourself as a new applicant. Give that person a copy of your resume and tell him/her that you are enthusiastic about obtaining a job at Home Depot. That person will ask you why. Tell him/her you've heard Home Depot is a wonderful place to work, due to great management, positive, well trained associates and great team work. That's how I obtained the one opening that was available, despite I know over 25 other people applied for it.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job? Can you physically handle this job? Are you aware your hours can fluctuate as low as 15 per week sometimes? How long do you think you'll stay in the job? Do you hope to move up in the company? Are you a team player?   1 Answer
    • Are you a team player?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Interview

I have a interview coming up and I hope everything goes well I really want this job I look forward to this job it what i want and I worked on a farm for twenty years so I have lots of experience in this kind of work

Stock Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Tampa, FL).

Interview

My interview and hiring process went relatively quick. The interview went as scheduled with no delays. I was offered the position and a drug test the same day. I began work 2 weeks after my drug test and background check. But the overall experience was great. Best of luck with your search!

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Easy, after applying online, I got an email with a number to call or wait for them to call me. I called and answered some questions, then schedule a face to face interview. I went to the interview, answewrd some more questions about handling customers. I was offer the job, and did a drug screen before I left.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a disgruntled customer who wanted something from another department.   Answer Question

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Easy. Didn't shed a year. No awkward moments and was offered a job on the spot. One of the easiest job interviews I ever had. Was working in less than 2 weeks from interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect in an employer?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

Filled out an application online via Home Depots web site. At test of multiple choice was given at the end of the application process. Next step was to wait to see if I would receive a phone interview. Received an email and automated phone call about a week later, requesting to have you call with the access code that was provided Call it was an automated call with a series of yes or no questions.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to work with others   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Well I applied for a position in Utah and got a call for a position in California.
    I was disappointed but was happy to get noticed out of all of the applicants that must have applied.

Interview Questions

• can you work for $10 per hour and only 20 hours per week and if not you application will be cancelled?   1 Answer

Unloader Interview

Interview

Communication with employer to employee applying is pretty fluent and swift. They send you a email of a forewarning a day ahead of interest in you then they call the next day of when you're scheduled for an interview. Once hired on, The communication proceeds swift and fluent as before to where they send necessary email to you of background check, tax credits, schedule of orientation, etc. Very helpful and informative HR personal!

Interview Questions

• Were you in a dangerous situation at your job? State what you have you have done?   1 Answer
    • When was there a time at work or school that you went above and beyond?   1 Answer
    • State a time when you and your co workers or classmates worked together to achieve something   1 Answer

Negotiation

Hours