The Home Depot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 21, 2017
3,917 Interview Reviews

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

First phone interview then assistant manager interview then store manager interview then you have to do drug test and they will call you back for training which is really long

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

the overall interview process was quick. Dress business casual. When answering questions be as honest as possible...there really is not any right or wrong answer. Everything for the most part is based off of you morals and ethics...Pass the drug test and you have yourself a job

Interview Questions

• how would you deal with a customer who came to you with an attitude about receiving poor customer service?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

It was okay. Just remember the basic such as dress for the interview. Black, blue, or gray pants. White light gray or blue shirt. Hair back and men please wear a tie. No polo shirts jeans or stuff like that.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a great fit in our company?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

There was a group interview where we spent most of the time solving technical questions. There were 2 questions and we were given about 15 minutes to solve each one.

Interview Questions

• We were asked to organize a function divided into several slips of paper in order. We were then asked to solve a puzzle with insane constraints which they later revealed there was no solution to. Both parts took about 15 min   Answer Question

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Laid back interview. Easy process overall. Background and drug test as well. Harder process for supervisor and manager. They asked about previous jobs and experience. 7 questions total. Called me back same day and offered me.

Interview Questions

• What education or experiences best qualifies you for the job?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Quick and fast, just be confident in your responses. The process is quick especially if it’s a busy day. You most likely will get the job if they are hiring.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Austin, TX).

Interview

Included a group interview and one- on- one interview. For the group interview, they were looking for someone who could work collaboratively with the team members. Not a super hard interview.

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Recruiter interview followed by manager interview followed by technical interview. Salary offer will heavily depend on your performance on an aptitude test towards the end of the interview process. You should be prepared to wait a while after your initial application. Willing to work with you in terms off relocation.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Bakersfield, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

It was super quick. It was only 6 questions. Really cut and dry. The lady was super friendly. Store was extremely clean and everyone was welcoming. I don't know what else to write to make it 30 words.. lol so what else should I say..it was very fast.

Kitchen Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Submitted online application. Interviewed with store manager. No openings in desired position, but, offered position in favorable alternate dept. Offer accepted. Manager stated, I would be contacted the following week to schedule for orientation. Following week, No call received. I called and left 3 seperate messages, no response. 2nd week, contacted by manager of another store with a current opening in the position I had originally applied for. Unable to apply, application status frozen by 1st store manager. Called, left message, requesting release of application status due to 3 week delay in scheduling of orientation and availability of position at alternate store. Request declined, 4th week contacted to schedule orientation appt. During orientation, notified reassigned to dept 59 Decor instead of Dept 36 Outside Design Consultant. Refused reassignment, reinstated as Dept 36, but in reality provided full coverage for dept 59.

Interview Questions

• Very generic questions, mostly concerned with scheduling and availibility to work weekends.   Answer Question