Tutor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tutor Interview Questions

"Individuals who have excelled in a particular subject can use their expertise to tutor others looking for some extra help. Interviews typically consist of subject-specific questions that will assess your academic proficiency. You should also expect to answer some behavioral and situational questions, such as how you would motivate a disinterested or discouraged student. Skills that are sought after include interpersonal, problem-solving, and goal-setting abilities."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How would you get a student interested in a subject that he/she doesn't care for? How would you make that lesson fun?

1 Answer

Try to find out the student's interests (favorite TV show, movie,video game, book, etc) and cater it to the lesson plan. Example: If you are teaching a student math and he/she like The Nightmare Before Christmas, add the characters to the math problem. Jack has 12 pumpkin bombs and gives 7 to Sally. Zero takes 1. How many pumpkin bombs does Jack now have? Jack now has 4 pumpkin bombs.

I was asked why I was interested in the position and what skills did I possess that would make me a good candidate to fulfill their family's needs.

2 Answers

One or more comments have been removed.
Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

I was asked to role play a tutor session. The interviewer was pretending to be a student struggling with factoring.

1 Answer

How do I know if my student is understanding the material?

1 Answer

About Basic English like tenses,fiction means,etc...

3 Answers

How would you motivate a student who doesn't want to do their work?

3 Answers

How much experience do you have with tutoring students?

2 Answers

Describe a time when you worked in a diverse community

2 Answers

Why do you want to work for Reading Partners?

2 Answers

What are three words your friends would use to describe you?

110 of 2,269 Interview Questions