Tutor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tutor Interview Questions

"Individuals who have excelled in a particular subject can use their expertise to tutor others looking for some extra help. Interviews typically consist of subject-specific questions that will assess your academic proficiency. You should also expect to answer some behavioral and situational questions, such as how you would motivate a disinterested or discouraged student. Skills that are sought after include interpersonal, problem-solving, and goal-setting abilities."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How do I know if my student is understanding the material?

1 Answer

First, look for facial and body-language cues. A tense expression, pursed lips, downcast eyes, etc., usually means lack of understanding. Second, asked leading, closed-end questions, and when possible ask open-ended questions, and give the marker to the student and have him/her complete the next problem.

I was asked to role play a tutor session. The interviewer was pretending to be a student struggling with factoring.

1 Answer

I was asked why I was interested in the position and what skills did I possess that would make me a good candidate to fulfill their family's needs.

2 Answers

How would you get a student interested in a subject that he/she doesn't care for? How would you make that lesson fun?

1 Answer

Are you willing to take this job?

1 Answer

Please show me how to apply the chain rule to this function f(x(t)).

1 Answer

what would i do if there was an angry student that did not want to follow the rules in the workplace?

1 Answer

How would you motivate a student who doesn't want to do their work?

3 Answers

Did I passed all the prerequisites for becoming a Math Tutor?

1 Answer

Being given a program and asked to read through it and then run it with a supervisor.

110 of 1,853 Interview Questions