Tutor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tutor Interview Questions

"Individuals who have excelled in a particular subject can use their expertise to tutor others looking for some extra help. Interviews typically consist of subject-specific questions that will assess your academic proficiency. You should also expect to answer some behavioral and situational questions, such as how you would motivate a disinterested or discouraged student. Skills that are sought after include interpersonal, problem-solving, and goal-setting abilities."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

I was asked to role play a tutor session. The interviewer was pretending to be a student struggling with factoring.

1 Answer

Avoid doing the work for them, try to guide them with questions (Socratic method). Show them all the tricks you know to make factoring easier on a different problem so they can learn the concept and then give it a try on their own with the initial problem.

I was asked why I was interested in the position and what skills did I possess that would make me a good candidate to fulfill their family's needs.

2 Answers

How would you get a student interested in a subject that he/she doesn't care for? How would you make that lesson fun?

1 Answer

How do I know if my student is understanding the material?

1 Answer

How's your grades, all A's?

1 Answer

We had to get in front of the group and solve a random math problem given to us.

1 Answer

Explain a difficult situation in your life

1 Answer

Do you have prior tutoring experience?

1 Answer

How many kids can you tutor at a time?

1 Answer

When a conflict comes up in class, what would be your first approach at handling the situation?

110 of 1,497 Interview Questions