RGP Reviews | Glassdoor

RGP CEO Kate Duchene
Kate Duchene

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Bench time can be long, so plan accordingly" (in 29 reviews)

• "Comp structure change, client service/BD change" (in 17 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Company"

Former Employee - Consultant in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Consultant in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at RGP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Interesting assignments, flexible work hours, supportive local leaders. The team I worked with was first rate and my experience in the AZ market was outstanding.

Cons

None that I have experienced. However, I do think the consistency between RGP markets varies more than it should at both the leadership and consultant levels.

Advice to Management

RGP has a lot of opportunity to grow its business and could be a name brand in Corporate America. Make strategic investments in marketing, recruiting, client development and support teams. Shareholders will reward those investments in the long run. Build the brand - they will come!

Apr 23, 2018 – VP, HR

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your employment experience. At RGP, our leadership team works hard to create a supportive environment that best suits the needs of... More

2. "Industry Leading Consulting Services"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at RGP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Top tier consulting services in the fields of Accounting & Finance, Corporate Governance and Business & Technology

Cons

The technology infrastructure still evolving

Aug 14, 2018 – VP, HR

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at RGP. We are continually working to evolve and improve our processes to ensure that our team members continue to learn and thrive.

3. "RGP Company Review"

I have been working at RGP full-time

Pros

RGP has great employees who are all very friendly, team oriented, and always ready to help. Non micro managers , feel independence and promote a good work/life balance. RGP encourages personal and professional growth.

Cons

Can feel understaffed. A lot of times are not willing to put funds where they are needed. There is sometimes a disconnect between the field and leadership.

Sep 12, 2018 – SVP, HR

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience thus far at RGP. We are a values-based organization and work to consistently support one another both personally and professionally. We will... More

"RGP Consultant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

I have been working at RGP full-time

Pros

The Talent Team is always working to keep you working.

Cons

It is a Consulting Company so you when you aren't on a project you don't get paid. I know they hire some on full time and others do not get that offer.

Advice to Management

Maybe let your Consultants know how they could be considered to be one that is on salary and can help you grow clients and additional consultants...some of us wish to stay with RGP as an employee but have no idea how to.

Aug 14, 2018 – VP, HR

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at RGP. Our Talent and Revenue teams work hard to identify quality opportunities and match them with Consultants possessing the right skill... More

"Former employee. Enjoyed my time and some of the people, but not looking back"

Former Employee - Director in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Director in New York, NY

I worked at RGP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Autonomy is good, despite lack of aggregate direction

Cons

-Disjointed leadership
    -Unsure management due to lack of direction from leadership. Management will tell subtle "lies" in order to subdue tension. Not good when your career is on the line!
    -Lack of transparency
    -Constant change in a negative way. Comp structure change, client service/BD change.
    -Compensation is under industry average. Bad if you are a low performer (this is fine), but bad if you are top 10%.
    -Different regions run differently, however no segmentation of merit/reward among regions.
    -Lack of career trajectory.
    -Consultant base is not stable at best; be careful of who you put in front of your clients.
    -Some great employees from a cultural perspective, but also some who drive a negative culture and management refuses to replace.

Advice to Management

Someone needs to step up and take the reigns at the C-Level.

Aug 15, 2018 – VP, HR

At RGP, we work hard to foster a supportive environment for all of our employees where team members can thrive and grow in their careers. We are sorry to hear that your experience may have been... More

"Senior Human Capital Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant - Human Capital in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant - Human Capital in Irvine, CA

I have been working at RGP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility, salary, development, paid vacation, health benefits, retirement plan, ability to learn and work in numerous industries. The list of pros is endless. Working with RGP staff, Client Directors, Career Champions, support staff are all fantastic.

Cons

I cannot think of one con. I left a 24 year solid career as a full-time executive level HR professional to become a member of RGP's consulting team over a year ago. It was truly the best career move I ever made. I wish I had done it years ago.

Advice to Management

Keep up with what you are doing, and thank you for the opportunity to grow and work on interesting and rewarding projects.

Aug 14, 2018 – VP, HR

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are pleased to hear that your transition to RGP has been so positive. We work hard to create a culture that supports our team members and... More

7. "Great people, culture, leadership"

I have been working at RGP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

RGP has tenure in the marketplace, but operates with an entrepreneurial mindset. They are constantly learning, and adapting to create best in class processes and create an atmosphere that fosters collaboration, growth and continued learning.

When I interviewed here, I asked about the values and the culture- why people came and why they stayed. The resounding answer was the people! I’ve found that to be so incredibly true. I love the people that I work with and the ability to make an impact every day I come to work.

Cons

I can't think of any! I'm super happy with the work I do and the people I work with!

Advice to Management

You are doing a great job of building out new processes and technology along with continuing education for all team members.

You provide enough room for people to work independently and create work they are proud of while supporting them along the way. There are some incredibly talented people in leadership and their passion for their jobs shines through.

Aug 14, 2018 – VP, HR

Thank you for taking the time to share your perspectives. It is important to us that we deliver on our brand promise to connect people to meaningful opportunities, prepare them for challenges and... More

"Temp Staffing Firm billing as Consulting"

I worked at RGP full-time

Pros

RGP's margins are 50% or more

Cons

You are a treated as a commodity
    Terrible client management

Aug 14, 2018 – VP, HR

At RGP, we work to create an atmosphere based around collective support for our team members every step of the way--in your work, your career and your life. We are sorry to hear that this may not... More

"Great and getting more incredible"

I have been working at RGP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Strong leaders, with strategic minds and people-centric work styles. Smart and collaborative team members. Continual and tangible improvements occurring regularly to drive growth of the people and the business. This is a point in my career and the heritage of RGP that I’ll remember forever, as it’s not often you get to be a part of this much collective focus, drive and commitment to outcomes.

Cons

Some things just take time to realize the value of.

Advice to Management

Continue to be open and communicative with all employees.

May 30, 2018 – VP, HR

At RGP, our leaders work hard to create an environment centered around collaboration, growth and getting things done well. We appreciate your feedback and are pleased to hear that you are seeing... More

"Pretty Good Employer if you understand risk in between jobs"

I worked at RGP full-time

Pros

RGP has a good sales force so consulting opportunities are plentiful. They have good name recognition with fortune 500 companies so some fairly high level opportunities arise. If you can work overtime then you can make good money. Trick is to finding a client who is not price sensitive. I think this is a great place in between jobs.

Cons

Con is you have to interview for each assignment and you do not get paid in between assignments. Sales person for RGP will not care if you get the gig. they just want to put a qualified person in the job. So if 2 or 3 of you are interviewing do not think RGP sales person will look out for your individually. They want to make client happy and that is who they owe allegiance to.

Company is not growing much. They have a lot of competition and it is almost impossible to differentiate themselves.

May 7, 2018 – VP, HR

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with RGP. While we always strive to ensure our clients have the right resource, it's our intention to support and champion every Consultant as... More