RGP Reviews

Found 575 of over 798 reviews

4.0
RGP  CEO Kate Duchene
Kate Duchene

What people are saying about RGP

Join the conversation on

Consulting

248.3K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/consulting/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=RGP~12624
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The benefits are good and the stock purchase plan can be lucrative when the stock price is rising.(in 68 reviews)
  • "Great people to work with in a very collaborative environment(in 62 reviews)
  • "Great culture and client base.(in 36 reviews)
  • "Good work / life balance(in 30 reviews)
  • "Good Pay but not the same annually if you stay on the bench for some time.(in 21 reviews)
Cons
  • "Management is atrocious and promotes a hostile work environment by encouraging gossip and back stabbing.(in 14 reviews)
  • "no training provided, only hired like a recruitment broker(in 8 reviews)
  • "With the right networking skills you could get the job yourself and demand a better salary.(in 8 reviews)
  • "Little communication on upcoming projects when consultants are on 'the bench'.(in 8 reviews)
  • "Clear career pathing can be improved, better systems though what is used is very well(in 6 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of RGP and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Flexible Consulting Environment

May 24, 2022 - Senior Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The on boarding went well and project engagements started quickly.

Cons

Started during the pandemic, so I had to establish repour through remote techniques and tools, but made it work.

2. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Average Company At Best

Jan 12, 2022 - Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been engaged on numerous projects with RGP. Due to my work ethic, my projects almost always get extended and I have not had too much down time between projects, especially in this economic market. My current pay is good, but it has not been reviewed in over 2 years.

Cons

I think the senior management let's their political "wokeness" affect their communications and interactions with employees too much. Addressing employees as "fellow humans" is degrading to me. Also, I hate to inform the "bozo" who thought of this phrase, but the word fellow tends to be gender specific. I thought the matching contributions was a good idea until I read all of the criteria that the charity had to meet. I want to help the homeless with my gift, but it didn't promote voting rights, racial equality, etc. I found that insulting. The company does not review your pay regularly. My pay rate has not been reviewed in over 2 years. I am receiving a lot of phone calls these days from other agencies and I am listening to what they have to offer now. RGP is an interim staffing company, not a consulting company. Also, since my projects tend to get extended, I try to communicate other opportunities to the business development manager related to the project. I do this in order to help out, but I believe I should be monetarily incentivized to help out. Oh well, I am the biggest asset they have at the client and management decides to treat people like me as expendable. I will be their loss.

SVP, HR

Thank you for your dedicatioin to RGP. As a human-first business, our employees are our greatest asset, and we believe in treating every employee with the utmost respect. We regularly review compensation against competitive benchmarking to determine if adjustments are warranted in order to ensure market competitiveness. Additionally, we have programs in place to reward various types of referrals; I encourage you to reach out to your Talent Champion to learn more about these programs.

3. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Boys Club

May 22, 2022 - Vice President in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great business model for clients

Cons

Have to be in the cliche to succeed

4. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company

May 5, 2022 - Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Provides great flexibility with your work/life balance.

Cons

Not much to list as the company watches out for you.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Project Execution Firm

Mar 24, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

RGP is more relevant now than ever. The firm is all about helping clients execute on projects with more speed, flexibility and efficiency. If you want flexibility, choice and control in your professional career, this is a great home for you. Competitive pay, benefits and most of all a team that cares about you. The culture of the firm is built on empathy.

Cons

There can be breaks between projects so understand pipeline of opportunity.

SVP, HR

Thank you for your feedback and dedicated years of service to RGP! Our people are our greatest asset, and we're proud of our incredible culture fueled by excellent humans.

6. 1.0
    Former Employee

Horrid management

May 21, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nothing really to share here

Cons

Leadership has unrealistic expectations and doesn't set their teams up for success

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place to work

Apr 21, 2022 - Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly environment; People listen; Open

Cons

Nothing negative to say at this time

SVP, HR

Thank you for your feedback. As a human-first business, we are proud of the culture we've created and pleased to hear that you agree!

8. 3.0
    Former Employee

Great people

May 3, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great, people to work for and with!

Cons

None to share at this time.

SVP, HR

Thank you for your feedback. We are proud of the kind, collaborative and intelligent humans that make up our team.

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Training Benefits

Mar 20, 2022 - Senior Accountant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Training stipend allowance per year to learn new skills to help career growth. Great online resources to learn different accounting areas as well.

Cons

Cant think of any cons.

SVP, HR

Thank you for your feedback. Our mission is to ensure our RGP community will perpetually grow, innovate and thrive. We support our team members through ongoing professional development, inclusive of curated programs to support personal, professional, functional and leadership growth.

10. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

If you're really good...

Apr 2, 2022 - Consultant, Human Resources (HR) in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

You'll get a no hassle mediocre hourly rate with decent benefits. Good news is you' don't have to market yourself if you don't want to.

Cons

Bad news is you will have to ask for a raise, even on long-term assignments. No flexible benefits, one size fits all.

SVP, HR

Thank you for your feedback. Our people are our greatest asset, and we're proud of our incredible culture which includes a focus on flexibility and balance. RGP's approach to compensation is founded on a "pay for success" philosophy. We regularly conduct thorough analyses, inclusive of a broad competitive benchmarking against a relevant, targeted competitive set that is then leveraged across all levels of the organization to ensure market competitiveness and internal equity. Should you have additional feedback to share, we invite you to reach out to ER@rgp.com to have further discussion.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 575 Reviews
</>Embed

RGP Reviews FAQs

RGP has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 798 reviews left anonymously by employees. 82% of employees would recommend working at RGP to a friend and 67% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, RGP employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at RGP. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

82% of RGP employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated RGP 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at RGP to be career development, culture, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, management, compensation.

Popular Careers with RGP Job Seekers